Pages:
Author

Topic: IN STOCK - OneStringMiner boards, up to 39GH/s last ITEMS: from US$15...FUN!!! - page 9. (Read 38740 times)

Activity: 427
Merit: 251
- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I have to agree.
These boards are great.  Very stable and sipping power instead of guzzling it.

Got 12 boards mining now for some days, very stable! You gotta just loooove these boards  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
Got 12 boards mining now for some days, very stable! You gotta just loooove these boards  Grin

legendary
Wow that is so cool.
You guys are non-stop.  I am working on the review now I am going to add a bit about your continuing development.
Great Job Ben.

We are getting close with the serial communication software.
Let's call the current version a Beta version of the final firmware.

We have a few 10 & 12 board test setups running and after 24 hours without a hickup I can report hash rates of up to 30GH/s average per board, and this is without heatsinks.
(We also have a few test setups with an USB cable to each board, on average they do ~27GH/s)
End of next week heat sinks should arrive, and then we'll make a few test setups with higher voltages.

This firmware update is of little use for single board users.
Once you get to three or more boards it's becoming interesting.

The serial firmware has been programmed to handle up to 16 boards (target: 500GH/s @ 500W) on a single USB connection, so a lot less cable clutter.
As a side effect it will put a lot less load on the host computer running cgminer.
Using the cable connections, about 20 boards was the maximum a Raspberry with Minepeon could handle before it became noticeable (percentage of shares not accepted on the pool was rising).
We will setup a few 16 board towers and connect them all to one Raspberry this weekend, let's see when it is getting slower Wink
We will do the same connected to a powerful Linux PC, it will be interesting to see if there is a difference in performance.

Note: We are doing all our testing with cgminer 3.12.3.

Activity: 361
Merit: 250
Hopefully a one string hash fast board!
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
Have to have REAL leader to make that happen Ben.

The thanks should also go to you. People like to support honest hardworking people. Glad that you are there as an example of how it should be done. Hope to see more products come down the pipe.
Thanks for the compliment and yes, we're working on more products Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Have to have REAL leader to make that happen Ben.

The thanks should also go to you. People like to support honest hardworking people. Glad that you are there as an example of how it should be done. Hope to see more products come down the pipe.
I would like to thank everybody in this thread who is supporting users of our hardware.
This is how a DIY community should work and I am proud to be part of it.
We are getting close with the serial communication software.
Let's call the current version a Beta version of the final firmware.

We have a few 10 & 12 board test setups running and after 24 hours without a hickup I can report hash rates of up to 30GH/s average per board, and this is without heatsinks.
(We also have a few test setups with an USB cable to each board, on average they do ~27GH/s)
End of next week heat sinks should arrive, and then we'll make a few test setups with higher voltages.

This firmware update is of little use for single board users.
Once you get to three or more boards it's becoming interesting.

The serial firmware has been programmed to handle up to 16 boards (target: 500GH/s @ 500W) on a single USB connection, so a lot less cable clutter.
As a side effect it will put a lot less load on the host computer running cgminer.
Using the cable connections, about 20 boards was the maximum a Raspberry with Minepeon could handle before it became noticeable (percentage of shares not accepted on the pool was rising).
We will setup a few 16 board towers and connect them all to one Raspberry this weekend, let's see when it is getting slower Wink
We will do the same connected to a powerful Linux PC, it will be interesting to see if there is a difference in performance.

Note: We are doing all our testing with cgminer 3.12.3.
It was definitely user error. I reinstalled and have no problems now.

Thank you
legendary
You could also send your driver algorithms to BFG for integration into the software thus lowering costs associated with not having to send out so much hardware.  It is the same process you did for cgminer.  
Just a thought I hope it helps.

Some thoughts about supplying sample units to developers:

There are two major mining programs, Bfgminer and Cgminer. Cgminer has two main developers, so that means 3 units.
In order for a developer to be able to test/check all possible events, the sample unit should have multiple boards, at least 2 but more is better.
And it would be best if it would be boards with heat sinks, so overvolting can also be taken into account.
We're also still busy programming the serial communication between multiple boards.

End of next week, when the 2nd batch of heat sinks will be in, we'll make a decision about supplying sample units to developers.

legendary
Ah I see.
That I am not sure how to help you with I don't have a Pi to test on.

One more thing, I'm using wheezy in the pi.
One more thing, I'm using wheezy in the pi.
legendary
I started out with 4.2.1 and have not had an issue.  I would try removing and re-installing the Zadig drivers, reboot and retry.  That sometimes does the trick with cgminer.
The only issue I have with cgminer is the usual stops working about 24 hrs in of mining and needs a restart. Not a One String problem at all. 

I should have left well enough alone. I updated to cgminer. 4.2.1 and now my one string isn't recognized and my other miners have issues to. Then I tried going back to 3.12.3, and my ine string still isn't recognized.  Maybe I'm missing some lib update or something. Any suggestions? I've asked in the cgminer forum as well.

Please note, the one string was extremely easy to set up the first time and blame user error on it not working now.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
You are a great seller with very fast shipping and you have create a great product Smiley I have just setup mine, it works perfect and is mining at 30gh/s.
Because here is the beginning of the greek hot summer i put two fan on below and one above the board Tongue

in the next days i must built better my rig if i want it to survive the greek summer with 35-40 celsius degrees
I would like to add that i am mining with cgminer 4.0.0 and is stable for days. With the other version i have some problems with zombie usb etc.
I should have left well enough alone. I updated to cgminer. 4.2.1 and now my one string isn't recognized and my other miners have issues to. Then I tried going back to 3.12.3, and my ine string still isn't recognized.  Maybe I'm missing some lib update or something. Any suggestions? I've asked in the cgminer forum as well.

Please note, the one string was extremely easy to set up the first time and blame user error on it not working now.
legendary
Thanks.
So far very good results.

Haas anyone had these running properly on BFGMiner yet?  I can get it to run at half speed.  
I was going to test on both CGMiner and BFGMiner.
If anyone has any info please let me know.
Thanks

For now, stick to Cgminer.
Bfgminer and the OneStringMiner have issues with each other.
Placed an order over the weekend and FEDEX delivered today.  Thanks Ben.  
You're very welcome.
We're quite happy with FedEx, not a single issue with them till now.
Haas anyone had these running properly on BFGMiner yet?  I can get it to run at half speed.  
I was going to test on both CGMiner and BFGMiner.
If anyone has any info please let me know.
Thanks

For now, stick to Cgminer.
Bfgminer and the OneStringMiner have issues with each other.
Some thoughts about supplying sample units to developers:

There are two major mining programs, Bfgminer and Cgminer. Cgminer has two main developers, so that means 3 units.
In order for a developer to be able to test/check all possible events, the sample unit should have multiple boards, at least 2 but more is better.
And it would be best if it would be boards with heat sinks, so overvolting can also be taken into account.
We're also still busy programming the serial communication between multiple boards.

End of next week, when the 2nd batch of heat sinks will be in, we'll make a decision about supplying sample units to developers.
Pages:
Jump to: