Pages:
Author

Topic: [IN STOCK USA+CA] USB Risers, Powered Risers $5.99 and Dual PSU - HashRateStore - page 7. (Read 29924 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252
Order: #967

I payed with BTC, didnt receive a E-Mail yet.
Activity: 560
Merit: 143
Active 24/7
Even the pins to the far left in your second pic?  There is solder there, but nothing is connected (looks like there might have been a pin there as I can see something in the connector but it might have broke off as nothing is there and nothing is soldered except some left over solder).  I don't have another rise, the card works in the 16x slot and I also tried plugging the riser into the 16x slot and card was still not recognized.

Hey sal002,

The pins at the end aren't required either because they are not being used for anything, its only utilized in full length 16x-16x risers. The PCB trails from these pins shouldn't connect to anything either.

You'll probably need to short the PCI-E detection pins on your motherboard as this is usually a motherboard dependent requirement.

Here's a great write up that Marc Bevand did awhile back on how to do this.
http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=42

Please let me know if you have any other questions or would like to do a quick IM chat session to troubleshoot!
Alfred
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hey everyone!

After getting feedback from our customers we've just added dual power supply connectors to our store!

They use two standard 24 pin ATX connectors for connecting power supplies for super-mega-hash-rate-rigs!

Check'em out here: Dual Power Supply Adapter Cable for 24 pin ATX

https://www.hashratestore.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Dual-Power-Supply-Adapter-Cable-for-ATX-490x500.jpg

Has anyone used this ? any review ...??wanted to know performance before i receive it  ...

It is a really simple cable that switches a secondary PSU on. It does not affect performance at all.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Hey everyone!

After getting feedback from our customers we've just added dual power supply connectors to our store!

They use two standard 24 pin ATX connectors for connecting power supplies for super-mega-hash-rate-rigs!

Has anyone used this ? any review ...??wanted to know performance before i receive it  ...
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Thanks sal002!

Those pins don't need to be soldered as they're not connected to anything. If you peel back the blue tape you should be able to see that the PCB lines for the disconnected pins don't connect to the extender ribbon.

Here's a few quick shots that I took with one of the risers minus the tape off one of my rigs.
http://imgur.com/a/Pc1cW

A few troubleshooting tips:
Do you have another 1x-16x riser that you can try on the same slot?
Have you tried plugging the 1x riser into a 16x slot on the mobo?
Does the same video card work in a 16x slot without any risers?

FYI some motherboards require a short pin for it to detect the full length card on a 1x slot but try the basic troubleshooting steps first.

Let me know if you want to arrange a Skype call to troubleshoot! Just PM me your Skype.

Alfred

Even the pins to the far left in your second pic?  There is solder there, but nothing is connected (looks like there might have been a pin there as I can see something in the connector but it might have broke off as nothing is there and nothing is soldered except some left over solder).  I don't have another rise, the card works in the 16x slot and I also tried plugging the riser into the 16x slot and card was still not recognized.

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I just got my cable - and great fast delivery!

A couple questions (as I couldn't get the card to be recognized):

1.  I am looking at the end that plugs into the card and (with the side that has the solder points to the right) the three left-most pins from the card are not soldered down - is this accurate?

2.  There looks to be three pins that have solder on them to the far left, but nothing is connected

You can kinda see what I am talking about here - http://coinchoose.com/img/pins.JPG
Active 24/7
Can you ship 16x 16x extenders on the 24th, which were already ordered last week?
Yes, definitely! Your order will be shipped out as per the shipping date when your order placed!

It's just our manufacturer is having trouble keeping up with our production demands so I'm looking at bringing in another manufacturer as well. Hopefully we'll have production sorted soon!
Active 24/7
Just placed a second order.  Quality of the first cables was great!

I see the 16x extenders are on back order- hopefully not too long.

Thanks Again!

Awesome! Got your order on the store!  Smiley

Will let you know as soon as we get more 16x extenders in!
Can you ship 16x 16x extenders on the 24th, which were already ordered last week?
Activity: 20
Just placed a second order.  Quality of the first cables was great!

I see the 16x extenders are on back order- hopefully not too long.

Thanks Again!
Thx man ! anxiously awaiting the products
Active 24/7
Thanks Madkind.....

Hashrate...did you get my email Huh?
Yup! Your shipping address was updated.  Smiley
Thanks Madkind.....

Hashrate...did you get my email Huh?
Active 24/7
You see, only two cables go to the 2nd PSU. It works like the paperclip trick, but it is much safer and more convenient. You can use any ATX PSU as a secondary PSU.

Precisely! Very well put, madkind.  Smiley
You see, only two cables go to the 2nd PSU. It works like the paperclip trick, but it is much safer and more convenient. You can use any ATX PSU as a secondary PSU.

Activity: 57
I think that cable just switches on/off your secondary PSU, so you don't have to use the paperclip trick. You can power your vgas, extenders, other hardwares with your secondary psu.

I would assume (hope) this is how it works.  Otherwise, if you are putting twice as much amperage through the 24-pin ATX connector, it will melt for sure...
Hey everyone!

I have just ordered from you and had address difficulty. please resolve the matter and let me know. #929

Thanks.
Thanks Madkind. About my second question, can i use a second PSU with higher wattage Huh? and different brand??? i think in the other brand i definitely need SNMP but i am not sure about higher wattage ..

thx
I think that cable just switches on/off your secondary PSU, so you don't have to use the paperclip trick. You can power your vgas, extenders, other hardwares with your secondary psu.
Hey everyone!

Hi Kinda obvious question but can this be used to power VGA and videos card or works like Li An which only powers the mobo.....??

Also again an obvious question but bare with me ...that can it be used with two different kinda PSU , brand wise ..also can the master PSU be less than watt than the salve PSU?Huh

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: