Pages:
Author

Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013 - page 60. (Read 186691 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
August 14, 2013, 12:26:49 PM
may i ask why there are only samples arriving and what have you ordered to get these samples?
i'am not involved exactly in avalon hardware...

You get 30 sample chips for each 10k batch purchase.

Rock of the Marne

+1 Wink
Activity: 532
August 14, 2013, 12:18:05 PM
may i ask why there are only samples arriving and what have you ordered to get these samples?

30 chips per account ordering in excess of 10,000 chips (not per 10,000 chips), and because some disgruntled forum members grew a pair, quit being pussies, and laid the smack down on Bitsyncom to stop being evasive, or be held accountable.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Developer
August 14, 2013, 12:17:52 PM

Rock of the Marne
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
August 14, 2013, 12:15:44 PM

Activity: 258
Merit: 250
August 14, 2013, 12:13:40 PM
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
August 14, 2013, 11:45:25 AM
We also got 60 new samples (for 2 lots) yesterday without prior notification and through DHL instead of EMS.... seems like something is moving again?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
August 14, 2013, 06:53:20 AM
We were just about to try and see if we can put forward a refund request for the 10k order, but now that seems like it's going out of the table.

After receiving the samples, who now knows when the complete order will be shipped, it'll be interesting to see.
1 week, 4 weeks, 6 weeks?

take in consideration that avalon havent fulfilled april orders yet!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
August 14, 2013, 06:34:41 AM
Can you take an upclose picture of the new sample chips? would be interesting to see which week these ones were produced.

I don't have my camera with me right now, and the phone camera doesn't work this close. But, this is whats printed on the chips: P6N41613272C.

Manufactured in week 27. Between 1st and 8th of July.

zefir's first batch was produced in mid june. if they are now shipping sample chips from july batch, Yifu didnt place his orders on time, or didnt pay on time foundry, or something like that!

there is no other reason or explanation why avalon didnt ship the sample chips from earlier batches!

and those chips from leaked pictures were used for the production of Avalon b3 mining rigs.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:21:10 AM
I got notice of 30 sample chips shipped to me for our last batch too today.
Activity: 252
August 14, 2013, 06:06:47 AM
Can you take an upclose picture of the new sample chips? would be interesting to see which week these ones were produced.

I don't have my camera with me right now, and the phone camera doesn't work this close. But, this is whats printed on the chips: P6N41613272C.

Manufactured in week 27. Between 1st and 8th of July.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM
August 14, 2013, 05:45:26 AM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 14, 2013, 04:24:41 AM
Yifu fucked us all with his 'No BS chips in 9-10 weeks' policy. Its a worse ploy than BFL. BFL honestly is just very poorly managed, whereas Avalon is destroying their reputation at the same rate the difficulty is rising. Well I think its time 'No BS' became true. I'm not an engineer, just a web developer waiting on 12 Bitburners, but if I were designing Avalon boards, I would definitely consider trying to team up with all the other Avalon developers, and see if a prototype board with Bitfury chips can become a reality. (BFL, even with their better chips are still a gamble due to supply issues). I understand that this would probably require starting from scratch, but if the boards are already a sunk cost at this point, along with the chips themselves even more, it might be worth a shot...maybe we can call them Plan (B)itfury.

...That and a class action lawsuit against Yifu/Bitsyncom. Legal threats might be our only option soon, its been 5 weeks, even BFL at least kept telling people 'fuck off, were working on it'. Yes, I understand the implications and the waste of time and $ it would be to try and organize a lawsuit, but perhaps the threat of jailtime for international advance fee fraud to the tune of over $14,000,000 might be the kick in the ass Avalon/yifu/bitsyncom/bunch of scumbags need. All the talented developers here are getting all the shit because of Avalons increasingly fraudulent behavior.

Don't get mad.  Get even.

Avalon Scam Accusation thread update

Here's a great place to report Yifu & Co. for mail fraud, commodity fraud, cyber crime, and many others.

http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html

Take your pick, be creative!   Cool

For Interpol, choose a country (or five) from here.

http://www.interpol.int/Member-countries/World
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
August 13, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
@bizwoo does a shipping date appear on DHL envelope?

Picked up in HK on 09/08/2013

Out of interest could you poss take a close up picture of one, or tell us the code running along a chip face please bizwoo?
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM
August 13, 2013, 08:00:55 PM
@bizwoo does a shipping date appear on DHL envelope?

Picked up in HK on 09/08/2013

August 13, 2013, 07:57:31 PM
报关单 (bao guan dan) – Customs Declaration Form
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 13, 2013, 07:40:00 PM
erk
August 13, 2013, 07:01:24 PM
This makes me wonder what is really going on. Because, you would think the group buy leaders would be all over this but strangely they are not except for Bicknellski. Meanwhile hashrate is jumping through the roof somehow without any chips getting out.

I have a feeling that there is some delays for the masses while the few who are privy are getting their fill while they can. Your group buy leaders may be in on the gig.
BFL have been shipping out a lot of 500GH/s units the past few weeks, and Avalon batch #3 are mining, but that's still tip of the iceberg compared to what's coming online Sep/Oct.
Activity: 378
August 13, 2013, 06:57:59 PM

I think they have been trying, Yifu is a difficult man to get in touch with at the moment.

No, they are not. I'm in steamboats group-buy, and he is doing fuck-all. He's making maybe 1 update every two weeks, saying "we'll wait". I hate to say it but his failure to reply to emails and keep the topics up-to-date, tells me that even the group buy organizers might be taking a similar route.

Everybody needs to step up in their group buys and show the organizers that we mean fucking business right now. We are all losing more and more money and we're way past the point where it would even be sensible to consider investing in these chips.
This makes me wonder what is really going on. Because, you would think the group buy leaders would be all over this but strangely they are not except for Bicknellski. Meanwhile hashrate is jumping through the roof somehow without any chips getting out.

I have a feeling that there is some delays for the masses while the few who are privy are getting their fill while they can. Your group buy leaders may be in on the gig.

The point is that the Avlon chips haven't arrived, so they haven't just got their ASICs. Do you realistically see any of the people mining before late September who are waiting on their chips?  By that time, the ROI will be negative, and as I mentioned before not long until the mining is no longer covering electricity costs. If you keep mining and you are not covering electricity costs, that's kind of silly.

The difficulty has doubled in the past 30days. Is there any reason why it wont be well over 100mill by the end of September? More likely closer to 200mill.

Even at difficulty of 500mil and no change in BTC price, the gen1 chips will pull in a bit over twice the cost of electricity (for me at least, 7 cents/kwh).  The problem you stated is correct though, if the chips don't arrive in the next week or 2 tops, then we may never break even on cost of the actual hardware unless difficulty levels out or BTC price rises.
If you need BTC price to rise to break even then you are losing because you were better off buying BTC. Although, when most of us were thinking about purchasing these, the BTC price was $150 or so.
erk
August 13, 2013, 06:57:54 PM

Even at difficulty of 500mil and no change in BTC price, the gen1 chips will pull in a bit over twice the cost of electricity (for me at least, 7 cents/kwh).  The problem you stated is correct though, if the chips don't arrive in the next week or 2 tops, then we may never break even on cost of the actual hardware unless difficulty levels out or BTC price rises.

It's all about the BTC/USD price, back in 2011 I was mining BTC on a single HD5770 card, the system was hardly covering the electricity cost, so I switched off the mining. Had a known how much BTC would be worth today, I would have keep mining even if it became a small loss, and made it all back this year.

Pages:
Jump to: