Pages:
Author

Topic: InflationCoin - IFLT - 4% POS - SourceForge Project of the week 2018 - page 7. (Read 96789 times)

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550
Could use some team support on this coin.  Is this a sleeper coin?  Anyone talk to the Dev recently?

Is obious that is sleeping, let's just hope it won't sleep forever.

I know that some of the community members offered to help the dev.

Anyway, I know the community is on Discord and I think this thread is abandoned or something like this.

Does anyone have the Discord invite link?
Activity: 350
Merit: 144
Could use some team support on this coin.  Is this a sleeper coin?  Anyone talk to the Dev recently?

Is obious that is sleeping, let's just hope it won't sleep forever.

I know that some of the community members offered to help the dev.

Anyway, I know the community is on Discord and I think this thread is abandoned or something like this.
Could use some team support on this coin.  Is this a sleeper coin?  Anyone talk to the Dev recently?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
At Github this is the newest Wallet for compile at the PI?

https://github.com/FermiGBM/inflationcoin

After compile i see Version 1.0.0.0 is this correct? THX

I also installed my wallet a long time ago. So I downloaded again and compared the old one with the my new downloaded wallet. It seems like there are some differences.

My "old" wallet has the version 1.1.0.0 and was modified 2016-11-07

The newest wallet that I downloaded from the link that you'll find on the first page of this thread has the version 1.0.0.0 and was modified 2017-10-16.

So now I'm a bit confused. Which one should I use?
Activity: 350
Merit: 144

I have the windows wallet and my version is also v1.0.0.0, so I think yes. I'm not sure because I have installed the wallet some time ago.
legendary
Activity: 3794
Merit: 2499

Activity: 109
Merit: 2
COins are avaible for stakeing at https://insane.exchange  and now its also tradable at subsat market INSN/IFLT pair
Activity: 800
Merit: 143
IFLT will be barned???

This coin doesn't belong in a barn but in a staking wallet on your computer. 
Activity: 135
IFLT will be barned???
well i dont know how you make copys, but i just make copy of full folder is every 2 weeks and if i have problem i have fresh copy, never failed so far.

Good aproach. But for all users, I think the dev or anyone involved in the project should make a bootstrap of the blockchain for Windows and Linux, so anyone can use it when needed.

Its possible to do, light wallet If I understood you.

Light wallet is another good idea, but I was not talking about this. With the boostrap (Windows/Linux/Mac) you can get sync faster since you'll start the sync from a more recent block height then you would have if you start from block 0. Now with more than 1M blocks it will take a while to get full sync and be able to use your coins or stake your coins (if you are new to IFLT and you are using the wallet for the first time).
Activity: 135
well i dont know how you make copys, but i just make copy of full folder is every 2 weeks and if i have problem i have fresh copy, never failed so far.

Good aproach. But for all users, I think the dev or anyone involved in the project should make a bootstrap of the blockchain for Windows and Linux, so anyone can use it when needed.

Its possible to do, light wallet If I understood you.

I said i tried to use it about four times.  Deleted everything in the directory.  I also used the wallet to create the other files from scratch, then overwrote the ones with yours.  

In the end, did you managed to create and use the bootstrap?

No, I let it sync and it took about 2.5 days.

Noise dev of TruckCoin and VersionCoin told me this:

To make blockchain snapshot you have to archive these files and folders -
for berkley db coins - files 'blk0001.dat', 'blkindex.dat' and folder 'database'
for leveldb coins - file 'blk0001.dat' and folders 'txleveldb' and  'database'
It's OS dependent, Windows blockchain will not work on Linux and vice versa.

To make a bootstrap file you just need to copy blk0001.dat and rename it to bootstrap.dat
But bootstrapping is not reliable, usually all blockchain copies have some orphan blocks, if orphan found in bootstrap.dat bootstrapping stops at this point, happens very often.

endquote

After I synced, I stopped the wallet and copied the whole folder from Appdata/Roaming directory into a Blockchain Backup directory
after detach database at shutdown was selected.

I don't know which type InflationCoin is.

Since I don't find any "blkindex.dat" file in InflationCoin folder, I assume is a leveldb coin. As for the Windows to Linux/Mac and vice-versa botstapping, indeed they are not working, you need different bootstraps for different operating systems.
I said i tried to use it about four times.  Deleted everything in the directory.  I also used the wallet to create the other files from scratch, then overwrote the ones with yours.  

No, I let it sync and it took about 2.5 days.

Noise dev of TruckCoin and VersionCoin told me this:

To make blockchain snapshot you have to archive these files and folders -
for berkley db coins - files 'blk0001.dat', 'blkindex.dat' and folder 'database'
for leveldb coins - file 'blk0001.dat' and folders 'txleveldb' and  'database'
It's OS dependent, Windows blockchain will not work on Linux and vice versa.

To make a bootstrap file you just need to copy blk0001.dat and rename it to bootstrap.dat
But bootstrapping is not reliable, usually all blockchain copies have some orphan blocks, if orphan found in bootstrap.dat bootstrapping stops at this point, happens very often.

endquote

After I synced, I stopped the wallet and copied the whole folder from Appdata/Roaming directory into a Blockchain Backup directory
after detach database at shutdown was selected.

I don't know which type InflationCoin is.

Let me know if you need further help.
Pages:
Jump to: