Pages:
Author

Topic: [INFO]-Crypto Stamps- Collectable Blockchain postage stamps - page 64. (Read 30552 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
They have the First Day Issue stamped right on them...just no paper stuck to them.....still a First Day Issue, same as, maybe rarer?
Might be rarer. I talked quite a bit to some of the officials and the current consensus is that they cannot give exact numbers.
I explained to them that it would benefit them and all serious collectors if they were to release some official numbers and that it should at least be possible to get some good estimates by just counting all their online orders.
So let's see.

FDCs and and first day stamped "normal" are probably both pretty rare. Today I got the info that there are different types of FDCs out there.

Could you catch some rare yellow and red, Fattcatt?
Activity: 264
Merit: 72
cryptoenthusiast, artist, BTC propagandist!
It is a first day 11 6 '19 stamp but a different stamp then the FDC's

Here are the 2 examples, the second one is mostly found without paper:

But a full set is as rare as the FDC. Most people ordered unstamped ones
Activity: 20
Merit: 8
It is a first day 11 6 '19 stamp but a different stamp then the FDC's

Here are the 2 examples, the second one is mostly found without paper:
Activity: 1912
Merit: 354
They have the First Day Issue stamped right on them...just no paper stuck to them.....still a First Day Issue, same as, maybe rarer?
Yep, got one too, just like that!

They are different from the FDC's, curious how much there were made off!
Activity: 1912
Merit: 354
I put in an order for First Day Stamped stamps...they arrived today. They're stamped with a date  on the credit card plastic, there's NO paper affixed to it. Did anyone else get any of these?

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3235
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Wonderful! Miss the BTC logo though, but otherwise it is really cool!

BTC would be really really cool!!! But I guess they would have to use some sort of lightning network and the loaded amount would be more likely

10 Satoshi :-D

Any amount of Satoshi is good as long as its loaded and Bitcoin IMO.
  Instead of password encrypted they can use the scratchoff for the private key. All on the one stamp.

So far the Gibraltar and Austria stamps...the redemption qr codes have not been on the stamp itself...but on the selvage or a breakaway part of the stamp.

By placing BOTH the public and private keys on the stamp itself that would make it a first in the annals of philately. Wink
Wonderful! Miss the BTC logo though, but otherwise it is really cool!

BTC would be really really cool!!! But I guess they would have to use some sort of lightning network and the loaded amount would be more likely

10 Satoshi :-D
legendary

RUMORS are: there will be a new crypto stamp in 2020 - got that info from another worker at the Austrian Post Collectors Service. But this are just rumors... nothing concrete... for now :-)

Lets hope they are BTC loaded this time like the following !  Cheesy

legendary
Disobey.

Thanks for your updates, I-Hash. Wink
If 2500 in total FDCs turn out to be true (and I was just shown parts of the original Email from their collectors service that imply it is), that 10k could be a "reasonable" pricing.

And that stamped set actually looks almost cheap, regarding its rareness. I am definitly thinking about it, missing the red one still...

Someone did mentioned earlier that since most of the people didn't know the difference and hence ordered the non-stamped versions..

RUMORS are: there will be a new crypto stamp in 2020 - got that info from another worker at the Austrian Post Collectors Service. But this are just rumors... nothing concrete... for now :-)
Exciting!

Someone did mentioned earlier that since most of the people didn't know the difference and hence ordered the non-stamped versions..

Also here are no exact numbers, but I got the info from the ACS that mostly unstamped were sold and just a minor amount of stamped ones.

I assume most people wanted "postfresh" and untouched stamps. I saw more FDC full sets than first day stamped sets and with the info from the
ACS I think the stamped version is even rarer.

Unfortunately, I also got the info, that the post will not do a statistic...

Here is an update, regarding the FDCs.

Redently I stumbled upon an auction with the info "only 2500 FDCs in total issued": See here
25                   rote               
167                 gelbe             
333                 blaue           
667                 grüne und               
1308               schwarze 
I contacted the seller and they said, the info came from the official collectors-info of the Austrian post (they have a dedicated phone number for related questions). I couldn't quite believe it, since that would mean there are less black FDCs than red normal stamps. So I tried calling them.  After several attempts I was able to get through today.

The info I got was as follow:
Usually approx 1/4 is sold as first day issue letters (FDCs). However due to the enormous demand of the regular stamp this time a lot less FDCs were produced. Unfortunatelly they couldn't give me exact numbers.  Angry Cheesy
But I also couldn't get the 2500 confirmed. So my guess is something in-between ~1/8th to 1/20th maybe.
If anyone can come up with more solid numbers, that would be great. However it seems proper accounting is near to non-existant, so not sure if we will ever get solid numbers from them.

Sorry, but that is not true. I have contact with the Austrian Collectors Service and even they don't have exact numbers. The seller provided a wrong information and it looks like there are more FDCs, because many collectors pre-ordered them. As far as I know, there are also more FDCs than "normal stamped" ones. Based on a estimation of one of the workers at the ACS. There are also some unique editions signed by the artist and also some stamps in little acrylic-glas cubes.

Getting a full first day stamped set will be the hardest.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 501
https://rollbit.com/referral/Agrawas

Redently I stumbled upon an auction with the info "only 2500 FDCs in total issued": See here
I contacted the seller and they said, the info came from the official collectors-info of the Austrian post (they have a dedicated phone number for related questions). I couldn't quite believe it, since that would mean there are less black FDCs than red normal stamps. So I tried calling them.  After several attempts I was able to get through today.

Usually approx 1/4 is sold as first day issue letters (FDCs). However due to the enormous demand of the regular stamp this time a lot less FDCs were produced. Unfortunatelly they couldn't give me exact numbers.  Angry Cheesy
But I also couldn't get the 2500 confirmed. So my guess is something in-between ~1/8th to 1/20th maybe.
If anyone can come up with more solid numbers, that would be great. However it seems proper accounting is near to non-existant, so not sure if we will ever get solid numbers from them.

I think this was pretty much expected,

Also not sure if anyone has any info on the stamped vs. non-stamped stamps that were sold.

legendary
SO basically all these FDCs are pretty rare!  HODLING onto mine  Wink...still looking for that elusive red!  Tongue
legendary
Disobey.
25 red
167 yellow
333 blue
667 green and
1308 black

Thankyou!

I couldn't confirm these numbers. Tried contacting the seller again, maybe he can forward the alleged email he got.
But even if these numbers turn out to be not true, what I got to know shows, that there are much less than normal stamps. Maybe somewhere around 7500 - 15000 (5 - 10%).
legendary
Thankyou! Translated...

25 red
167 yellow
333 blue
667 green and
1308 black

legendary
Disobey.

Thanks a lot!! You should post this separately, this is great info for buyers and collectors. Grin

I'd merit your post but I'm just about out for now.... Tongue

Cheers!

Added to the very front

Well, thank you very much guys!
I'm very honoured!

You are very welcome...merited your posts too Wink

Grin I saw  Wink I merited you as well in return on your first post here  Wink

"The more the meritrier"  Grin
legendary
Thanks a lot!! You should post this separately, this is great info for buyers and collectors. Grin

I'd merit your post but I'm just about out for now.... Tongue

Cheers!

Added to the very front

Well, thank you very much guys!
I'm very honoured!

You are very welcome...merited your posts too Wink
Pages:
Jump to: