Pages:
Author

Topic: [INFO]-Crypto Stamps- Collectable Blockchain postage stamps - page 65. (Read 30552 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 8
Thanks a lot!! You should post this separately, this is great info for buyers and collectors. Grin

I'd merit your post but I'm just about out for now.... Tongue

Cheers!

Added to the very front

Well, thank you very much guys!
I'm very honoured!
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3235
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Thanks a lot!! You should post this separately, this is great info for buyers and collectors. Grin

Cheers!

Added to the very front
legendary

Cheers!
So... Does this mean physical stamp buyers need to do anything to ensure it's not redeemed/whatever? I guess I'm more confused now.....  How do you know the eth addy unless you bought via OCS? Is there any way to tell if a physical has been redeemed other than scratching? My point is - could someone sell a physical stamp as "unredeemed", when in fact it is not?   Thanks.... Huh

Maybe this can help as well, just my way of explaining what these stamps are...

Using the Crypto Stamp:

Each stamp has 2 parts.

The left part, which is stylized with a unicorn associated with Ethereum,
functions as a "standard stamp" that can be used to send mail. (€6,90)
This part has a QR code of the digital asset/Token

The right part, on the other hand, contains the credentials used to
authenticate the crypto collectible (digital asset/Token) via blockchain.

This is the “digital stamp” and contains 3 codes [1], [2] & [3]

This "digital stamp" (right part) is like a vault with a inside a wallet
which contains a precious gem (= digital asset/Token).

The wallet contains the digital asset/Token CS1 (CryptoStamp 1)
and Ξ 0.001666666666666666 (= ETH or ETHEREUM, a crypto currency)
which can be use to pay for transactions/transfers.

Code [1] is, so of speak, the serial number of the gem (digital asset/Token)
= 1 of 150.000 pieces, each one has 1 (digital) colour
(Black, Green, Blue, Yellow or Red).

When seeing the physical stamp, it isn't possible to see its (digital) colour.
Black, Green, Blue, Yellow or Red, physically they all have the same appearance.

Scanning the QR code or entering the "code [1]" online at "crypto.post.at/CS1" (> "asset")
reveals the digital colour of the digital asset/Token (Black, Green, Blue, Yellow or Red),
as well as its history! (for example which ETH address purchased it, and when)
Anyone can see what the colour is of each Token,
but only the owner can do something with the Token.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________

Using the "digital asset/Token":

The 150.000 are/were sold through 1 series of 149.500 pieces and another series of 500 pieces.

Series 1:

When you have purchased 1 of the 149.500 stamps which has a “paper wallet”
you can sell this "vault" (right part, containing the wallet and gem locked inside)
together with the left part (€6,90) to anyone. Only whoever holds the key can unlock the vault,
and then sell the "gem" (digital asset/Token). The gem goes then from the wallet to another one’s wallet.
Everything is recorded on the Ethereum Blockchain.

The key to open the vault is scratching the scratch fields.

The code hidden under scratch field [2] is the (address of the) wallet.

The code hidden under scratch field [3] is the key to open and use the wallet

which makes it possible to sell and/or transfer the digital asset/Token.

Then you’ll have
1 scratched physical stamp and
1 saleable/transferable digital asset/Token

Series 2:

When you have purchased 1 of the 500 stamps
the "gem" (digital asset/Token) isn’t in its originally assigned "vault",

the Token is already out of its ("first") wallet
and is put digitally into the new owner’s wallet.
The "digital asset/Token" can already be sold separately.

Furthermore, the key to unlock the "vault" is unused as
the digital asset/Token wasn't in the 1st wallet to begin with.

The "vault" is kept closed because the keys (under the scratch fields) have
no use anymore, therefore the scratch fields on the physical stamp remain intact!

In this case you’ll have
1 unscratched physical stamp and
1 saleable/transferable digital asset/Token

which both can be sold separately.

Hope this helps...

So... Does this mean physical stamp buyers need to do anything to ensure it's not redeemed/whatever? I guess I'm more confused now.....  How do you know the eth addy unless you bought via OCS? Is there any way to tell if a physical has been redeemed other than scratching? My point is - could someone sell a physical stamp as "unredeemed", when in fact it is not?   Thanks.... Huh

Well, the OCS stamps have the Token ID 149.500 - 149.999, the ones with paper wallet have the Token ID 0 - 149.499.

Once you know the Token ID, it helps a lot.

If it is between 0 - 149.499 and the scratch layers are intact, you are sure the digital asset still is attached.

How to find out what Token ID you have...

Scan the QR code or enter the "Code [1]" at https://crypto.post.at/asset

When you see:

TRANSFERIEREN SIE IHRE CRYPTO STAMP:
Diese Crypto stamp wurde mit einem Paper-Wallet gekauft.

Then know it is one of the 149.500 with a paper wallet, if it is unscratched, you're fine!

When you're on that page, Right-click (or tap with with 2 fingers (mac)) on any page element and select Inspect Element.
Then search for "Elements", "Console", "Sources",...

Choose "Console" and you will you will find between the text:

Edition: 1    Asset: ... (between brackets is the Token ID!)

Now you have the Token ID!

If you have an OCS stamp, you can place the Token ID instead of the "0"

https://crypto.post.at/CS1/meta/0

For example:

A stamp has the Asset code: 39YLhW

>>> https://crypto.post.at/CS1/39YLhW

I see in the "Console"

>>> Edition: 1    Asset: 39YLhW (74097)

Then
>>> https://crypto.post.at/CS1/meta/74097

And this is visible:

{"description":"Crypto stamp Edition 1 (CS1), ID 39YLhW",
"home_url":"https://crypto.post.at/CS1/39YLhW",
"image_url":"https://crypto.post.at/CS1/image/GREEN",
"name":"Crypto stamp 39YLhW",
"properties":[{"key":"shop_status","type":"string","value":"None"},
{"key":"deliverable","type":"integer","value":0},
{"key":"color","type":"string","value":"green"}],"tags":[]}

"shop_status" "None" = NOT OCS

Other example:
An UNSOLD OCS:

3RrbDN

>>> https://crypto.post.at/CS1/3RrbDN
>>> Edition: 1    Asset: 3RrbDN (149501)
>>> https://crypto.post.at/CS1/meta/149501

{"description":"Crypto stamp Edition 1 (CS1), ID 3RrbDN",
"home_url":"https://crypto.post.at/CS1/3RrbDN",
"name":"Crypto stamp 3RrbDN",
"properties":[{"key":"shop_status","type":"string","value":"Initial"},

"shop_status" "Initial" = OCS Stamp, unsold

Other example:
A SOLD OCS, unshipped:

6KPCCF

>>> https://crypto.post.at/CS1/6KPCCF
>>> Edition: 1    Asset: 6KPCCF (149960)
>>> https://crypto.post.at/CS1/meta/149960

{"description":"Crypto stamp Edition 1 (CS1), ID 6KPCCF",
"home_url":"https://crypto.post.at/CS1/6KPCCF",
"name":"Crypto stamp 6KPCCF",
"properties":[{"key":"shop_status","type":"string","value":"Sold"},
{"key":"deliverable","type":"integer","value":1},

"shop_status" "Sold" = OCS sold
"deliverable" "1" = unshipped

Other example:
A SOLD OCS, shipped (to me Smiley):

71Qrnr

>>> https://crypto.post.at/CS1/71Qrnr
>>> Edition: 1    Asset: 71Qrnr (149919)
>>> https://crypto.post.at/CS1/meta/149919

{"description":"Crypto stamp Edition 1 (CS1), ID 71Qrnr",
"home_url":"https://crypto.post.at/CS1/71Qrnr",
"name":"Crypto stamp 71Qrnr",
"properties":[{"key":"shop_status","type":"string","value":"ShippingSubmitted"},

"shop_status" "ShippingSubmitted" &
"deliverable" "0" = OCS sold & shipped

Hope this helps...

(By strange chance I seem to have picked all GREEN ones Grin)
legendary
So... Does this mean physical stamp buyers need to do anything to ensure it's not redeemed/whatever? I guess I'm more confused now.....  How do you know the eth addy unless you bought via OCS? Is there any way to tell if a physical has been redeemed other than scratching? My point is - could someone sell a physical stamp as "unredeemed", when in fact it is not?   Thanks.... Huh
my orders from the onchain shop arrived! Grin
Let me explain (& listed) the differences (compared to the online postal office shop orders)

- I bought 2 stamps from the onchain shop. Each stamp arrived at a separate envelope (i.e. as 2 different separate orders)
- both envelopes arrived with register mail, and was delivered by a local mail courier service - door delivery/signature required. Both orders from the online shop, arrived with snail mail (no tracking number/signature requred), and delivered from the local national postal service (i.e. postman just placed them to my mailbox)

- the cover letter and the items return form, were all in English. (everything was in the English language). In contrast, all the included documents -in my online shop order- were in the German language.
- The onchain physical stamp looks exactly the same as the rest of the crypto stamps.  Undecided Cry
- The only differentiation (and what makes it special) is that: When I placed the order at the onchain shop, I received the digital stamp in my wallet. That stamp had a 6digit serial number. The physical stamp that I received has the same exact serial number. However, the stamp is still in mint condition (i.e. the private key & all the fields are still sealed/ not scratched).

So I ended up with a physical stamp, that none of its fields is scratched BUT at the same time, the digital token is redeemed/transferred (since it is my ETH addy).

I guess that's the only innovation/differentiation of them (+ the fact that just this kind of dispatching method from Austria to my country, usually costs more than the 6.90€ that I paid for the stamp alone  Tongue)

I had my OCS stamp today, with the same findings.

The only difference is that the OCS stamp stays unscratched,
while the digital asset/Token is in our wallet, so it can be sold while the physical stamp stays in mint condition Wink
The codes under the scratch field don't even have use anymore, since they were meant for the first wallet,
so these codes are useless and thus can be kept covered and mint  Wink

A stamp with a paper wallet always is sold with his digital asset attached,
when scratched, the digital asset can be moved (sold) separately, but then the physical stamp is scratched...

A OCS can be sold physically (mint) and the digital asset can be sold separately as well!

Activity: 1941
Merit: 375
Cryptoshi Blockomoto
my orders from the onchain shop arrived! Grin
Let me explain (& listed) the differences (compared to the online postal office shop orders)

- I bought 2 stamps from the onchain shop. Each stamp arrived at a separate envelope (i.e. as 2 different separate orders)
- both envelopes arrived with register mail, and was delivered by a local mail courier service - door delivery/signature required. Both orders from the online shop, arrived with snail mail (no tracking number/signature requred), and delivered from the local national postal service (i.e. postman just placed them to my mailbox)

- the cover letter and the items return form, were all in English. (everything was in the English language). In contrast, all the included documents -in my online shop order- were in the German language.
- The onchain physical stamp looks exactly the same as the rest of the crypto stamps.  Undecided Cry
- The only differentiation (and what makes it special) is that: When I placed the order at the onchain shop, I received the digital stamp in my wallet. That stamp had a 6digit serial number. The physical stamp that I received has the same exact serial number. However, the stamp is still in mint condition (i.e. the private key & all the fields are still sealed/ not scratched).

So I ended up with a physical stamp, that none of its fields is scratched BUT at the same time, the digital token is redeemed/transferred (since it is my ETH addy).

I guess that's the only innovation/differentiation of them (+ the fact that just this kind of dispatching method from Austria to my country, usually costs more than the 6.90€ that I paid for the stamp alone  Tongue)
legendary
PS: @krogo -- I wonder if the 5 stamps you got loose, are "stamped" versions. If yes you got even more lucky!!

Stopped by my bank vault to check...none of the solo stamps were stamped.  Undecided

But still grateful for what I received. Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1752
Hey,

If you ordered stamped editions, you got them without the card holder. (they are actually more rare, than the FDCs, because almost everyone ordered "unstamped" ones, because they thought, collectors want mint and fresh ones. But actually the stamp is really cool and the "stamped" stamp still is mint... it is just a nice feature, but makes the stamps even rarer.

Some big post offices had big boxes of stamps... actually just the biggest offices in the capital cities. The stamps in the boxes also didn't have the holders.

All other stamps came with the yellow stamp holders.

I cannot provide full data, unfortunately... I mean how many stamped and unstamped and FDCs were sent out. So far this is all I know.

I ordered unstamped and they came without the holders. They were bundled in stacks of 10.

Same.  i ordered 20 in this manner and they came without holders unstamped.  I also ordered 20 first day issue which came as shown in my current auction.  In hindsight I should have ordered all first day issue.
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
Hey,

If you ordered stamped editions, you got them without the card holder. (they are actually more rare, than the FDCs, because almost everyone ordered "unstamped" ones, because they thought, collectors want mint and fresh ones. But actually the stamp is really cool and the "stamped" stamp still is mint... it is just a nice feature, but makes the stamps even rarer.

Some big post offices had big boxes of stamps... actually just the biggest offices in the capital cities. The stamps in the boxes also didn't have the holders.

I cannot provide full data, unfortunately... I mean how many stamped and unstamped and FDCs were sent out. So far this is all I know.

I ordered unstamped and they came without the holders. They were bundled in stacks of 10.

I ordered stamped and unstamped and they both came without the holders. They were both bundled in stacks of 10.

I don't think somebody would be interested, but who knows...if anyone is interested i can exchange a blue (stamped or not)
AND a green (stamped or not) for a red  Grin, let's be serious and let say a yellow...Yes two stamps for one...
legendary
Did they also order ~40 stamps?

I ordered 5 unstamped, to the USA - They came without the holders in an envelope with no tracking, stamps were wrapped in wax paper, kind of all stuck together as it's warm here lately I assume.

I do have someone in Austria sending me a yellow card holder, just because I wanted one.... Tongue   
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Hey,

This is really weird, everybody I know got the unstamped ones with card holders. It seems they sent them out of the bigger boxes to you.

Did they also order ~40 stamps?
Activity: 264
Merit: 72
cryptoenthusiast, artist, BTC propagandist!
Hey,

This is really weird, everybody I know got the unstamped ones with card holders. It seems they sent them out of the bigger boxes to you.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Hey,

legendary
PS: @krogo -- I wonder if the 5 stamps you got loose, are "stamped" versions. If yes you got even more lucky!!

Interesting! Will have to drag them out of the vault and take a look!
Hey,

legendary
Guys, these are as rare as they get.
I feel your pain, but still you have LIMITED editions of INNOVATIVE stamps.

Cheers!

Later edit: I also got mine in bulk (ie. not individually placed in the yellow presentation sheet).
I think those were only available via direct buy from post office. Can anyone confirm?

What I did is that I ordered some explanation sheets from their site. Not the same as the cardboard “envelope”, but better than nothing IMO.

I placed two seperate orders. First 5 then 20 a day or so later.
The 5 were solo...no cardboards...the 20 came with the yelliw cardboard
Pages:
Jump to: