Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon A4+ setup tutorial - page 12. (Read 6679 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 3
December 25, 2017, 01:37:34 PM
Very true, but be aware; I've had this one nasty issue where some of the .pyc files got corrupted. While the file system is read-only, this could never happen (I believe the decision to make the FS to read-only was not just to bug the miners, but to eliminate some of the issues that could happen). It's not that big of a work to manually switch between rw&ro when needed and honestly believe that is the safer route.

very good point, that might add to the stability
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
December 25, 2017, 01:33:00 PM
Very true, but be aware; I've had this one nasty issue where some of the .pyc files got corrupted. While the file system is read-only, this could never happen (I believe the decision to make the FS to read-only was not just to bug the miners, but to eliminate some of the issues that could happen). It's not that big of a work to manually switch between rw&ro when needed and honestly believe that is the safer route.

to resolve the Read-only issue Permanently

Code:
mount / -o rw,remount

then
Code:
vi /etc/init.d/rcS

look for the line
Code:
mount / -o ro,remount

change it to

Code:
mount / -o rw,remount

then save using  " wq! "

you have a read-write root
December 25, 2017, 01:26:54 PM
to resolve the Read-only issue

Code:
mount / -o rw,remount

filesystem will return to read-only at reboot

to make the Filesystem read-write Permanently ( our friend kb8679 thinks that this might give a risk for files corruption, so do it at your own Risk )

Code:
vi /etc/init.d/rcS

look for the line
Code:
mount / -o ro,remount

change it to

Code:
mount / -o rw,remount

then save using  esc " :wq "

you have a read-write root
December 25, 2017, 01:11:14 PM
Doensn't work, i got the same response read-only file system using both commands. Alternatives? Thank's!

I have same issue... I cant chmod, copy or vi save the file... always same message :

root@miner/home/inno_py:
cp /home/inno_py/inno_config.py ./inno_config.py.bk
cp: can't create './inno_config.py.bk': Read-only file system

Is the only option is to unmount and mount back the file system as a RW?  I am no linux expert, not sure the consequences on the A4+

I'd imagine that route will work. I can check out the correct "safe" procedures for the A4+ to make the switch once I get home today. Unless someone is faster to help. Smiley
Thank's @kb8679

Ok, this works:

"mount -o remount,rw /dev/root /"

Once you're done, you can change it back to read only with:

"mount -o remount,ro /dev/root /"

I tested it by simply making a empty file to the same folder where the inno_config.py is located. Works just fine.

There are two partitions by default; one being the one pointed to / which is read-only. Other is for the configuration files which are rw by default.

Partition identifier: /dev/root
Mountpoint: /

Partition identifier: /dev/mtdblock5
Mountpoint: /innocfg

Activity: 28
December 25, 2017, 12:52:37 PM
Thank's @kb8679
December 25, 2017, 12:51:29 PM
Doensn't work, i got the same response read-only file system using both commands. Alternatives? Thank's!

I have same issue... I cant chmod, copy or vi save the file... always same message :

root@miner/home/inno_py:

Is the only option is to unmount and mount back the file system as a RW?  I am no linux expert, not sure the consequences on the A4+

I'd imagine that route will work. I can check out the correct "safe" procedures for the A4+ to make the switch once I get home today. Unless someone is faster to help. Smiley
December 25, 2017, 12:42:49 PM
Activity: 2
December 25, 2017, 12:27:03 PM

root@miner/home/inno_py:

Is the only option is to unmount and mount back the file system as a RW?  I am no linux expert, not sure the consequences on the A4+
December 25, 2017, 12:15:23 PM
When i input " :wq " for save the file inno_config.py i get error "READ ONLY FILE" and i can't save the changes. Any solution?

Try ":wq!" with ! at the end.

Or you could just change the file to be writeable and use the plain ":wq". "chmod 777 inno_config.py" should do the trick nicely.

Sorry, forget about those. Wouldn't work as it turned out. Tongue
December 25, 2017, 11:43:49 AM
When i input " :wq " for save the file inno_config.py i get error "READ ONLY FILE" and i can't save the changes. Any solution?
December 24, 2017, 06:40:41 PM
Wow awesome! I believe this was a huge help. And I'm asking for others much smarter than me to help. Smiley

I have been thinking about cracking the password but my skills in that area are limited to bruteforcing. If there is someone clever enough to give me some pointers for more sophisticated methods, they would be most appreciated... I
 made a wordlist for 8 characters long password, all starting with the word "inno" and rest characters are all lower & uppercase alphabets and numbers.

I have got the passwd file and this is the root password hash

but we need someone to crack the hash

qHNyiD2GoZb.6

I guess it is DES encryption

E: Yeah, most likely DES. And unfortunately the right pw wasn't found in the "inno" wordlist. Damn.
E2: I've submitted this to be cracked by crack.sh - let's see.

good news

thanks to funbuxx https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/funbuxx-1151278 he manged to crack the new password

the new root password for 22nd Dec Firmware is : t1t2t3a5

Holy SHIT! Thank you very much! It was pretty much wasted 100$ from me then - but really - doesn't matter. This is great news!
December 24, 2017, 06:19:04 PM
Wow awesome! I believe this was a huge help. And I'm asking for others much smarter than me to help. Smiley

I have been thinking about cracking the password but my skills in that area are limited to bruteforcing. If there is someone clever enough to give me some pointers for more sophisticated methods, they would be most appreciated... I
 made a wordlist for 8 characters long password, all starting with the word "inno" and rest characters are all lower & uppercase alphabets and numbers.

qHNyiD2GoZb.6

E: Yeah, most likely DES. And unfortunately the right pw wasn't found in the "inno" wordlist. Damn.

good news

thanks to funbuxx https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/funbuxx-1151278 he manged to crack the new password

the new root password for 22nd Dec Firmware is : t1t2t3a5
December 24, 2017, 04:38:25 PM

qHNyiD2GoZb.6

December 24, 2017, 03:37:42 PM

qHNyiD2GoZb.6

December 24, 2017, 05:46:41 AM
Oh yeah.

These miners don't seem to like vardiff at all. What fixed value have you guys found to work best with these? I've used either 131072 or 262144. Both work fine for me but I'd like to hear what others are using..

EDIT: Can somebody explain what exacly is "HW". Some sort of error indicator, sure, but I'd like to know about it in more detail...
EDIT2: Since the latest FW update, I've found that at least some of the issues regarding the multicoin/vardiff pools are actually fixed. I've still seen "Dead" asic clusters but they are now appearing like once every 24h instead of just few hours and usually just one or two miners are affected.
December 24, 2017, 05:40:37 AM
Innosilicon have changed the root password in the 22nd Dec firmware release
root access is no longer supported until the new root password is cracked

Root access is the only way I could repair my A4+, since there IS NO TF card slot, none of my miners can be flashed when they fail.

I've had to repair the software on one miner every day, so far. So, not looking good for the future of these things.

GOD DAMN INNO.... My miners are all G19 without the card slot.. so I feel VERY unsecure with the miners at the moment. I have had one issue which resulted in a bricked miner and was only recoverable by accessing the busybox and removing all ".pyc" files (some of them apparently got corrupted by unknown reason). Now that this is not an option.. I have asked for the password but I'm afraid they won't respond or don't share it.

This method is slow as hell. If someone is willing to share the work (ie, I'd cut you half of the wordlist or sth), it would be also most appreciated.

EDIT:
The password wordlist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5apflpal6rbs3ar/inno_pw.rar?dl=0
When unpacked it's ~130MB. Tongue
Activity: 44
December 23, 2017, 11:59:59 PM
Would one of you mind posting just the cgminer.exe file from your newest firmware somewhere I can download (mega?) ?    I'd like to try using it on the original A4's I have to see if maybe it will hash faster.

Thanks!
December 23, 2017, 05:32:05 PM

Root access is the only way I could repair my A4+, since there IS NO TF card slot, none of my miners can be flashed when they fail.

I've had to repair the software on one miner every day, so far. So, not looking good for the future of these things.

December 23, 2017, 12:42:19 PM
December 23, 2017, 12:17:55 PM
seems that the Miner has hardware issue
my advise contact the support
Pages:
Jump to: