Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon A4+ setup tutorial - page 13. (Read 6676 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
December 23, 2017, 10:56:41 AM
Yes, it is the PSU from Innosilicon, and everything is connected properly.
Activity: 35
Merit: 3
December 23, 2017, 10:55:28 AM
I just got the A4+, but I'm having problems connecting to the control page (192.168.1.254). I've changed the IP of my computer, checked that all the cables on the miner were fastened and in place, and ensured that the ethernet cable running from my router was giving an internet connection, but the control page still won't load and the red "fault" button flashes on the miner from time to time. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have not faced this
Are using the original PSU and have you connected it write 2 cables to each hash board and one cable to the control board
Activity: 32
December 23, 2017, 10:36:51 AM
I just got the A4+, but I'm having problems connecting to the control page (192.168.1.254). I've changed the IP of my computer, checked that all the cables on the miner were fastened and in place, and ensured that the ethernet cable running from my router was giving an internet connection, but the control page still won't load and the red "fault" button flashes on the miner from time to time. Any ideas on how to fix this?
December 23, 2017, 09:59:18 AM
For those that might have the same problem. Looks like my a4+ corrupted files during  a reboot  then stopped working.
/home/inno_tools/start_miner.py

The damn thing deleted a couple characters and killed itself.
Here's what the file looked like

vi /lib/python3.4/_sysconfigdata.py...

'HAVE_GETLOGIN': 1,
 'HAVE_GETNAMEINFO': 1,
 'HAVE_GETPAGESIZE': 1,
E_GETPEERNAME': 1,
 'HAVE_GETPGID': 1,
 'HAVE_GETPGRP': 1,

There might have been more errors, i dunno. I coped the file from another miner and now it works.
Symptoms were the HTTP control page loading, but not showing any data e.g. not showing me  "miner type" under system.
I found the file by manually running each of the commands in /etc/init.d/rcS

Good luck to the rest of you.

In that case i would recommend to reflash the firmware and choose the option to restore factory config
December 23, 2017, 09:25:27 AM
Inno has released a new firmware on 22nd
It is giving me a great hashrate on the pool so far
I will be testing and feed you back
   http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/update.bin 
December 23, 2017, 06:14:27 AM
Gazdac2,Many thanks.
 inno offers to change the miner. But very expensive delivery and a very long time to wait it. and they do not want to change the control board separately. the control board has connectors. They have RX and TX signals. Can I somehow connect to a computer to control this?

Okay. Things are messy here.
Yes it's possible. I don't know if its enabled in the software though. If it works you get to telnet in directly to the board.
I'd probably try all sorts of rebooting and plugging and unplugging random ethernet cables to see if i can somehow get into telnet. if you can there's a chance to fix it.

Uhm. I'm also not willing to try this myself: but the microSD slot is just missing the  6 cent clip to hold the sd card in place. You could see if a cellphone/computer repair shop has one that would fit, or... as a bit of a laugh. sometimes you can tape the microSD in place,  and pray you don't bump it while files copy. Assuming they didn't just disable it in software.
December 23, 2017, 05:21:32 AM

Thanks so much for the response. I tried to check all the cabling again, but even if I switch all the cables from a working miner to the broken one it lights up and then a few minutes later shuts down. I am not sure what to adjust the voltage to (My miner identifies as G19). Thanks

Yeah my G19 's are all at VID 25(default) for the voltage. I ran it on auto for a while and didn't see a difference.
Activity: 26
December 23, 2017, 12:23:50 AM
Gazdac2,Many thanks.
 inno offers to change the miner. But very expensive delivery and a very long time to wait it. and they do not want to change the control board separately. the control board has connectors. They have RX and TX signals. Can I somehow connect to a computer to control this?
https://forum.bits.media/uploads/monthly_2017_12/IMG_0218.JPG.730d7c1b00945793fcf513f7107b4a41.JPG
Activity: 3
December 22, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

1,3)Maybe you need to adjust voltages. I thought they said something like "G9 needs auto and G19 can be default."

Thanks so much for the response. I tried to check all the cabling again, but even if I switch all the cables from a working miner to the broken one it lights up and then a few minutes later shuts down. I am not sure what to adjust the voltage to (My miner identifies as G19). Thanks
December 22, 2017, 08:21:57 PM
I am a first time miner and set up the a4+ miner two days ago using the innosilicon PSU in my garage, but there have been problems. Firstly, of the 4 boards 2 have reported themselves, "dead" (0 and 1) and that was fixed by restarting it. However, today board 3 has decided to stop working and even after restarting the lights turn on for a few minutes, then turn off. I am not sure what is causing this problem and here are my views:

1. There are no loose parts rattling around inside, so there are no shorts
2. The temperature is too cold (The air temperature is about -5C (20F) and at max the miner hits 40C (104) and has an average of 28C (80F). Is this too cold?
3. The power supply may be providing unclean power

If I have to return it, does anyone know what Innosilicon's warranty service is.

1,3)Maybe you need to adjust voltages. I thought they said something like "G9 needs auto and G19 can be default."

1,3) if you swapped the power cables between the cards you might be able to tell if one of them isn't doing well.

I also was waiting for a new PSU, and used a cheapo to run one of them for now. The 750w psu cost about $150CAD and grabbed it locally. I needed to add one more power cable, so i used one of my SATA-6pin converters on the Pi board. I'm sure I'll use it in a GPU mining rig later anyways, so its not even wasting money. If you wanted to try that route.

2)My miners are happy at -15. Though the garage is now about +15. They are currently running about 30 average temp.

4)45 day warranty, email your sales person.
Activity: 3
December 22, 2017, 07:53:33 PM
I am a first time miner and set up the a4+ miner two days ago using the innosilicon PSU in my garage, but there have been problems. Firstly, of the 4 boards 2 have reported themselves, "dead" (0 and 1) and that was fixed by restarting it. However, today board 3 has decided to stop working and even after restarting the lights turn on for a few minutes, then turn off. I am not sure what is causing this problem and here are my views:

1. There are no loose parts rattling around inside, so there are no shorts
2. The temperature is too cold (The air temperature is about -5C (20F) and at max the miner hits 40C (104) and has an average of 28C (80F). Is this too cold?
3. The power supply may be providing unclean power

If I have to return it, does anyone know what Innosilicon's warranty service is.
December 22, 2017, 03:28:42 PM
of course, many times. After turning on the LEDs do not light, only the fans are buzzing and the green LEDs on the blades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYStcgbCcI

Yeah I had hoped you tried everything reasonable already like changing the cables out. The only other thing I would try is booting  connected directly to your PC, and put your PC on the same subnet (just like the setup docs on inno webpage) you could at least eliminate your networking hardware as a cause.

I haven't ever used mine, and I can't even find it right now, but you might be able to logon to the Pi  with a TTL cable and troubleshoot with telnet https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12977

Did inno have anything to say yet?
And why the hell did they leave off that 6 cent part from our $3000 machine?
I'm guessing aside from soldering your own TF card holder onto there, the next step is Returning the control board. Really sad.
Guess I'm just lucky the corrupted files on mine were after network init.

December 22, 2017, 11:34:24 AM
of course, many times. After turning on the LEDs do not light, only the fans are buzzing and the green LEDs on the blades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYStcgbCcI
December 22, 2017, 09:55:48 AM
my A4+ miner worked only one day. Now, after the restart, usually no LED lights, LAN also does not light up. Sometimes after retset LAN lights up, but the miner still does not connect to the network. I think that the firmware has died. Is it possible to fill the firmware here in any way? G19 does not have a card reader unfortunately.

my miners reset to 192.168.1.254 all the time. Check that address?
December 22, 2017, 09:41:15 AM
my A4+ miner worked only one day. Now, after the restart, usually no LED lights, LAN also does not light up. Sometimes after retset LAN lights up, but the miner still does not connect to the network. I think that the firmware has died. Is it possible to fill the firmware here in any way? G19 does not have a card reader unfortunately.
December 22, 2017, 04:34:23 AM
For those that might have the same problem. Looks like my a4+ corrupted files during  a reboot  then stopped working.
/home/inno_tools/start_miner.py

The damn thing deleted a couple characters and killed itself.
Here's what the file looked like

vi /lib/python3.4/_sysconfigdata.py...

'HAVE_GETLOGIN': 1,
 'HAVE_GETNAMEINFO': 1,
 'HAVE_GETPAGESIZE': 1,
E_GETPEERNAME': 1,
 'HAVE_GETPGID': 1,
 'HAVE_GETPGRP': 1,

There might have been more errors, i dunno. I coped the file from another miner and now it works.
Symptoms were the HTTP control page loading, but not showing any data e.g. not showing me  "miner type" under system.
I found the file by manually running each of the commands in /etc/init.d/rcS

Good luck to the rest of you.

December 21, 2017, 06:21:41 AM
Thanks for the telnet info.

Funny to hear how quickly some of you got your miners. It took an average of 2 weeks and 5 emails  to get a response from them, for EVERY exchange. even after i replied/paid within 24 hours.

Ordered on Sep 6th, and I see that people that ordered 1+ months after me got theirs earlier. That's pretty annoying. When I asked them whats going on, since I just lost ALL my investors for a 2nd order, they replied with a tracking number. So Yay I got miners, and Boo on their customer service.

Now I'm off to email them because one of the miners stopped working after an hour. There's no TF slot in any of my machines, so Hopefully telnet wont die before I can fix it.
December 20, 2017, 04:18:48 AM
I noticed that the hash rate is dropped when i select the Voltage manually
if i let the software select it automaticly the hash is Higher but still lower than the other A4+ i have
This Miner is T9 while the other one is T19
December 17, 2017, 03:08:37 PM
any one has this miner and facing low hash rate
i have one miner that is hitting below 500 in the pool while the other one is working perfectly
when i checked the logs i found that the slow miner is giving the following errors

Dec 17 18:04:06 (none) local0.err innominer_T2: Notice chain 2 maybe has some promble in voltage
Dec 17 18:04:08 (none) local0.err innominer_T2: Notice chain 3 maybe has some promble in voltage

and it is giving me a lot of HW errors 620 Error
BA1 3: invalid nonce - HW error

any advise
December 17, 2017, 06:11:09 AM
I had to chase them for the confirmation it took about 10 days
open the case on their website
and send Emails to
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],