Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W - page 40. (Read 45463 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
firmware update will help show correct hash rate on the innosilicon admin page

Thank you!

I just switched to Nichhash. Showing $80 bucks a day profit. Slush had me at .065 zec for the current round then dropped me to .042..
I may give flypool a shot, just need some ROI. Maybe a mistake but it wasn't looking like I was going to make nearly as much on Slush as Nicehash. I'm wanting to hold zec but I can always just buy it. What pool are you guys using?

Wait wait, this works fine on Nicehash? How long did you run it? Usually it throws invalid shares after some time.

Yes worked perfectly for me. I ran it for a couple hours or so.
I used: stratum+tcp://equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357
with my nicehash wallet as user and x as pass.

the fan connection is 4 wires, this means there is a signal coming from the control board to tell the fan how fast to spin, as well as a signal going back to the controller to let the chip know how fast it is spinning.

if you cut one of those wires without emulating the signal you will probably break the machine until you reconnect the wire.

1 of 2 things will happen:
-fan will spin at full speed or none at all because you cut the control wire.  if it spins at full speed, the miner still might work.
-fan will spin at correct speed but since you cut the feedback wire the control board has no idea how fast the fan is spinning and most likely wont run....or since there is no feedback all together, the controller board will stop driving the fan because it doesnt have any feedback...and the miner wont run.

its not hard to solder the wire back together, but you will probably kill whatever warranty you had remaning (3months is basically BS anyways).  if you are adept at some basic EE skills you can make a new cable assembly if you have to return it for warranty and they wont be able to tell.

you are better off probing the fan signal and emulating it with a tiny little MCU, which I will probably end up doing in the near future.

but i need this damn SSH password.

Thanks, I'll hold off on my wire hacking! Appreciate it. I use putty all the time managing my Linux servers but I'm no hacker. I guess the .cfg flies could be edited with root privilege. Why won't they give it out, heck it's our machines?
Activity: 529
Merit: 29

Thank you!

I just switched to Nichhash. Showing $80 bucks a day profit. Slush had me at .065 zec for the current round then dropped me to .042..
I may give flypool a shot, just need some ROI. Maybe a mistake but it wasn't looking like I was going to make nearly as much on Slush as Nicehash. I'm wanting to hold zec but I can always just buy it. What pool are you guys using?

Wait wait, this works fine on Nicehash? How long did you run it? Usually it throws invalid shares after some time.
Hi,

De_ixie!: So whats the solution for A9 low hash rate? I have one good unit and one bad. Tried the new beta firmware on the bad one and it just hides the rejects. I still have a low hashrate. 

I've:
swapped Power supplies
tried the various tuning modes
set the intake fan to %100 (dropped from 69ish degrees to 49ish degrees)

Any help would be appreciated.

xpulse: your hashrate got better with the new firmware?

SeriousOne: I dont think you actually have the same reject issue some others are discussing. Mine runs 27Ksols on 4 different pools. My network is solid. Im going to try on another network tomorrow just to be sure.

Hi,

If your still reading this thread mind telling me how you set the intake fan to 100%?

Thanks
Activity: 62
the fan connection is 4 wires, this means there is a signal coming from the control board to tell the fan how fast to spin, as well as a signal going back to the controller to let the chip know how fast it is spinning.

if you cut one of those wires without emulating the signal you will probably break the machine until you reconnect the wire.

1 of 2 things will happen:
-fan will spin at full speed or none at all because you cut the control wire.  if it spins at full speed, the miner still might work.
-fan will spin at correct speed but since you cut the feedback wire the control board has no idea how fast the fan is spinning and most likely wont run....or since there is no feedback all together, the controller board will stop driving the fan because it doesnt have any feedback...and the miner wont run.

its not hard to solder the wire back together, but you will probably kill whatever warranty you had remaning (3months is basically BS anyways).  if you are adept at some basic EE skills you can make a new cable assembly if you have to return it for warranty and they wont be able to tell.

you are better off probing the fan signal and emulating it with a tiny little MCU, which I will probably end up doing in the near future.

but i need this damn SSH password.
I think I know the answer but want to make sure.
If I cut/disconnect the blue wire from one of the miner fans then the fan will run at full speed correct?

I'm thinking of trying this with the exhaust fan since its partially in the hot room and the added noise shouldn't bother me.
Has anyone tried this and did the temps come down from 70c? I'd just really like this thing to run cooler for the long haul.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
I've tried Slush twice over the last week, once with my GPU rig and then again with the A9. Both times I started great, then hit a long block and profits fell. Over the long run Slush might be the best but it appears one would have to do at least a two week test to determine this and since our ROI window is closing fast I can't afford to take that risk right now, so it's Flypool or NiceHash for me, yet to be determined.

You are right. We are still relatively small pool right now so we cannot compare to the major pools in terms of reward stability.

However we are nicely growing and we should be getting about 8 blocks a day on average now, so it is much better than last week. Plus the 0 % fee is nice. Smiley

https://twitter.com/slush_pool/status/1019220992030380032

Thanks for the reply. When I get my 2nd A9 in I'll mine on Slush for at least two weeks and if things are basically even I'll switch everything over to you. You guys have the best site, app, security, etc. of any pool I've seen.
copper member
Activity: 94
Merit: 12
BTC mining: Slush Pool, Stratum V2 & Braiins OS+
I've tried Slush twice over the last week, once with my GPU rig and then again with the A9. Both times I started great, then hit a long block and profits fell. Over the long run Slush might be the best but it appears one would have to do at least a two week test to determine this and since our ROI window is closing fast I can't afford to take that risk right now, so it's Flypool or NiceHash for me, yet to be determined.

You are right. We are still relatively small pool right now so we cannot compare to the major pools in terms of reward stability.

However we are nicely growing and we should be getting about 8 blocks a day on average now, so it is much better than last week. Plus the 0 % fee is nice. Smiley

https://twitter.com/slush_pool/status/1019220992030380032

PS- Any experience on other pulls? I'm mining in average 2,4Usd/h now on nicehash with 2 working GPU units. What profitability is on other pools?

Gedas

In my three very short test I've found that Flypool and Nicehash are too close to call right now. Over 9 hours I made 3.50 a hour with Flypool. I was showing between 70 and 90 a day on Nicehash and over my short test made a tad over $3 a hour. I'm going to roll with Flypool until 1am this morning which will be a full 24 hour test then re-calculate. I've tried Slush twice over the last week, once with my GPU rig and then again with the A9. Both times I started great, then hit a long block and profits fell. Over the long run Slush might be the best but it appears one would have to do at least a two week test to determine this and since our ROI window is closing fast I can't afford to take that risk right now, so it's Flypool or NiceHash for me, yet to be determined.

I'm sure you all saw the announcement by Coinbase that they were considering 5 new coins, which Zcash is one of them and the most likely in my opinion. If Zcash were to be placed on Coinbase how much would the price jump, and how long from now might it be until Coinbase makes a decision?

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2018/07/13/coinbase-considers-five-new-coins-for-its-platform.html

Activity: 45
It will depend on crypto market price, if prices will go up by 30%, it will be profitable to mine in October even, because until the end of September ROI of existing in the pool's A9 should almost 100%. I think since end of September profitability will drop up to 15-25 usd/day which is aslo should be OK.
That's my opinion.

PS- Any experience on other pulls? I'm mining in average 2,4Usd/h now on nicehash with 2 working GPU units. What profitability is on other pools?

Gedas

I'm using an EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 1200W 80+ that I recovered from a GPU rig, it's pretty much silent. The Innosilicon PSU was way too loud for my basement.

I actually have that same power supply. What did you do for the 7th PCIE connection? I'm guessing you used the six vga outs to go to the hash boards and some adapter for the 7th?

Thanks!
Activity: 306
Merit: 7
I think that the A9 will get a performance update at some point.

But I also think that the flooding started now. I would not buy any units from the recent batch at that price, since they will send the 2nd unit in September. I think the difficulty will moon then because Z9 minis, Z9s and all the A9 will hit the network. Also dome projects may fork then. ROI at a pricepont of 9999$ + customs and shipping will be difficult.
it's not right that I got the same as per 3 units working.
Speed is 1/3 lower. Average income from Nice hash 48$ per day.
Activity: 36
Merit: 8
Are you guys using the Innosilicon PSU? If so is your fan spinning at 100% all the time? Mine is so loud.
I'm thinking about buying a few of these:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1W7-001B-00004
I can then place the PSU through the wall in the hot room.

Also is there anyway to manually control the fans on the A9? I'd like to ramp those up a bit since they are running at 10 to 15% but my temps are at about 70c per board. I'd like to make it run a little cooler.

Thanks

Same for me. Fan alwys at 100%, extremely loud. No solution.

I'm using an EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 1200W 80+ that I recovered from a GPU rig, it's pretty much silent. The Innosilicon PSU was way too loud for my basement.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
My one GPU module on A9 stopped working. Any troubleshoot ideas? Support is not responding.
Now mining on 2 GPU modules at average 30 Ks on nicehash.
Sad to loose 1/3 of capacity.

You will now mine at the same speed as lot of people (38 Kh/s is usual)...
My one GPU module on A9 stopped working. Any troubleshoot ideas? Support is not responding.
Now mining on 2 GPU modules at average 30 Ks on nicehash.
Sad to loose 1/3 of capacity.
Activity: 406
Are you guys using the Innosilicon PSU? If so is your fan spinning at 100% all the time? Mine is so loud.
I'm thinking about buying a few of these:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1W7-001B-00004
I can then place the PSU through the wall in the hot room.

Also is there anyway to manually control the fans on the A9? I'd like to ramp those up a bit since they are running at 10 to 15% but my temps are at about 70c per board. I'd like to make it run a little cooler.

Thanks

Same for me. Fan alwys at 100%, extremely loud. No solution.
Activity: 62
someone please post the ssh login
I dunno... I've been mining on Slush for about 9 hours, 16 bucks profit.
Switched to Nicehash just moments ago and already made almost 3 bucks. Now showing 85ish a day..
I guess I should give it more time but it's hard when I need to get some money back while the getting is good...

Do you think Slush will make me more than 75 a day if I stick it out with them?

Edit:

Ok... A one hour test with Nicehash netted $3.07.
9 hours on Slush netted at most $18 depending on what I get on the next block since I left. So at best 2 bucks a hour.
Very short test I know but I'm watching the Nicehash numbers climb every second.

I'm gonna to throw it a Flypool before I hit the hay, see whats up in about 12 hours on there.

Guys please show me where I'm wrong because I'm new at this. Just trying to ROI as much as I can as quickly as I can.

Thanks!

Edit:
I'm starting a 1am CST flypool test. Going to let it go all night the calculate the hourly return. Hoping for better then $3 a hour which is what Nicehash is giving.

Report back in the morning.

Flypool test: Mining for 9 hours made 32 USD which is $3.50 per hour. That's really close to NiceHash, maybe a bit better or a bit worse hard to say but it's close enough for me to stay with Flypool for a full 24 and re-calculate. When I get my 2nd A9 I'll put it on Slush and let it run for several days and compare against Flypool, but for now I need consistent earnings while they are good.

Activity: 189

Thank you!

The reason why the current round dropped is because more miners have been flocking to Slush, thus increasing the speed in which blocks are found, but also spreading out the reward a little more.  Flypool and NH have not been as good as Slush.
Pages:
Jump to: