Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners - page 16. (Read 49008 times)

legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
Its a though sell Imo.
After import taxes and shipping costs are around 2300 to get it to my door.
It mines around 2.7 Ltc a day after power costs that leaves me with around 6 usd a day that's a little under 400 days to roi If the diff doesn't jump up because of all the added scrypt power.
Unless u got Free or really cheap power its gonne be close if your able to roi.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
I want to buy two units I am located at Europe I can organized one Europe group

Also for Europe

See prev guys post above. You all can make it for more then 3 units.  Go big  find someone in Central Europe equal shipping price 🚊😄
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
I want to buy two units I am located at Europe I can organized one Europe group

Also for Europe
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi,

I am located in Sweden and intend to order a bunch of A4's.
I am thinking of buying at least 1 for myself, and i might be able to buy a second one.
If anyone is interested in joining in on a group order (minimum 3 is required in total for innisilicon to ship) you are welcome to join in on the order.

Contact me on a PM if you are interested.
(We will of course arrange the setup in a proper and secure way)

/Magnus
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
150db at 30% fan... ROFL

We don't know yet.  Inno says they will be posting a video soon with the new A4.  Hoping we will get a glimpse and answer some of these questions.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
We received an update from Innosilicon regarding the availability of the A4.  Here are the latest specs and info regarding the current batch 1 pre-order:

Update: World Most Profitable A4 Dominator Miner is coming soon! Early batch goes fast with best efficiency ever and very limited quantity, and who are the lucky ones to get the access to the first batch will, with no doubt, enjoy the early gain before anybody else, that means big profit.

Pre-order price: 1800 USD per unit plus shipping fee, 5 units to start

Estimated delivery time: Starts from August and max delay is one month.

Warrantee: 45 days parts warranty

Specifications:
l  Part Number: INNOSILICON A4 Dominator 280Mhs per unit (+-10% performance, can be over-clocked at user's risk)
l  Size: Length 28cm * Width 12.8cm * Height 25cm
l  Net weight: 11KG (without PSU)
l  ASIC: A4, 80pcs
l  Blade: 4pcs
l  Voltage: +12V
l  Power efficiency: Initial batch will be defaulted at 3.2W/Mhs in Turbo mode, 2.2W/Mhs in Norminal mode, and 1.35W/Mhs in ultra low power mode
l  Required rated PSU: 1000W or above, 8 * PCI-E 6Pin
PSU is external and exclusive to save your international shipping cost, which can be acquired used easily at low cost or reused from old version miners.
l  Included: Raspberry Pi, it is plug and play with your PSU

If you would like to know about the group buy we are organizing you can find that thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.40
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Yeah, it would be nice if manufactures were actually honest about their projections. Rather than trying to scam investors into feeding them tons of money to make a shitty product.
Im sure all the "partners", that shoveled millions in to Innosilicons pockets for the A4, are really happy right now.
In the end tho, fuck the investors; its the customers who always get screwed in cryptoworld.
Oh well .... at least the Titan will live on for longer now =)
28nm vs 14nm at nearly same power consumption .... how much shittier can your chip get?! Innosilicon...

The bad thing is Innosolicon is more than an ASIC company (ASIC in terms of crypto mining), they also create chips for other purposes and were around before crypto. Because of this they shouldnt need pre-orders. They should also not scam and give false hopes as it will hurt the other side of their business. They are probably in one of the better positions of all ASIC manufacturers if they would take advantage of it.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Yeah, it would be nice if manufactures were actually honest about their projections. Rather than trying to scam investors into feeding them tons of money to make a shitty product.
Im sure all the "partners", that shoveled millions in to Innosilicons pockets for the A4, are really happy right now.
In the end tho, fuck the investors; its the customers who always get screwed in cryptoworld.
Oh well .... at least the Titan will live on for longer now =)
28nm vs 14nm at nearly same power consumption .... how much shittier can your chip get?! Innosilicon...
Activity: 407
Merit: 255
This reminds me of Blackarrow. Promises and spec changes. More promises and dates. Then missed dates and promises, all the while they are taking preorder BTC. Finally a few units ship and the rest of the bag holders get nothing but a big FU.
Activity: 586
Merit: 500
Waiting for my coins to rise !!
It's all too sketchy at the moment. I think i will hold onto my money until more info is available. The figures are changing weekly. The first estimates of 600/800 MH's were fantastic, it then went down to 400/500 still not too bad. Now it's down to 256 how can it go from 800 to 256 ? at 1000w it means i have to get 3 units to get the original 800 MH's at 3000w instead of 800-1200w. I'll hang fire for now.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Yea not sure whats going on here...they seemed like they had sample chips in from the fab last month and published those "tested" 1.5 w/MH specs, which is in line with what a 14nm scrypt chip *should* do. Now they are stating 4 w/mh??? Thats very fishy...I got 5 w/mh efficiency out of the 40nm Alcheminer chip on my USB miner. The only thing I can think of is that yield so horrible that they are only getting 1/4 functional cores per silicon area. That or they are selling an improved version of their 28nm chip and saying its 14nm...

They also had a table showing a range of efficiencies, at various hashrate/chip.
 4W/Mh was the top hash/chip figure, 1.5W/Mh was the bottom.

I suspect it depends on what voltage you run the chips at - this is nothing new, though it's a MUCH wider range than anything else I've seen.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
I also confirmed via email that the info we have seen about the 260mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 for the pre-order miner is true.  This does NOT come with PSU's to keep shipping costs down.  I have asked for pictures and video of the miner and have questions for them regarding the 30 day warranty.  I also asked them about a group buy here on BCT.  So I will start a new thread for the group buy and hope that Innosilicon will partner with us to facilitate the group buy for those that are interested.  If any of you have had experience setting up a group buy before please chime on your experiences and what we can do to make something like this happen and be a smooth experience for all of us interested in taking part in this "adventure".  :-)

i personally would NOT be interested, pre-orders are just throwing yourself at their mercy. i will wait till they have them in hand and come with BTC, snag one. too much can change in the months till we would actually receive the miner. for me anyways ;p

Agreed. No more pre-orders.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
I also confirmed via email that the info we have seen about the 260mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 for the pre-order miner is true.  This does NOT come with PSU's to keep shipping costs down.  I have asked for pictures and video of the miner and have questions for them regarding the 30 day warranty.  I also asked them about a group buy here on BCT.  So I will start a new thread for the group buy and hope that Innosilicon will partner with us to facilitate the group buy for those that are interested.  If any of you have had experience setting up a group buy before please chime on your experiences and what we can do to make something like this happen and be a smooth experience for all of us interested in taking part in this "adventure".  :-)

i personally would NOT be interested, pre-orders are just throwing yourself at their mercy. i will wait till they have them in hand and come with BTC, snag one. too much can change in the months till we would actually receive the miner. for me anyways ;p
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
If somewho makes a buy group, i would be in
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Well given the specs on the A4 this is a much harder sell.  It is a little more efficient than a Titan, but not mind blowingly so that is for sure.  I know I would still be interested, so I am tossing it out here to see who else might also be interested and possibly we can arrange a group buy?  I would feel a lot better if they had some video up showing the A4 running, and give us something to go on, but so far this is pretty weak.  This 30 day warranty is absolutely horrible.  All kinds of red flags going off in my head about this.

So if others are interested in a group buy please chime in, or PM me and I would like to see if we have enough interest where we can get the 10 unit buy in level at least.  Or if your thinking about buying 10 or more of these in the pre-order and would be interested in letting others tailgate on a larger order that would be great if someone is thinking about something like that.  Thoughts?

yeah from what I figured a common say 325mh (which 350 is ideal but hard to get these days used) so say full out used Titan best you can probably get is 325mh it would be
1250 watts (using gen tarkin's 3rd party eff firmware) or about the equiv of the 260mh at 1000 watts stated

they really are equiv almost of a Titan in watts used vs mh out imho ..

kinda oranges and oranges (assuming my math is right...sigh math is hard!)

30 day warranty scares the crap out of me so I shall yell

LIGHTFOOT

(he should perk right up...a new 'quest' of the ASIC's WTF is going on soap/drama on BTC.   (keeps him busy and out of trouble) Smiley

but hey....my only concern is they sell these things like toasters...if that is so ...any unit Titan or A4 would be pretty much out of the space heating business by the
end of winter 2017....

this $4.85 LTC price is not helping my mojo either Sad

Well given the specs on the A4 this is a much harder sell.  It is a little more efficient than a Titan, but not mind blowingly so that is for sure.  I know I would still be interested, so I am tossing it out here to see who else might also be interested and possibly we can arrange a group buy?  I would feel a lot better if they had some video up showing the A4 running, and give us something to go on, but so far this is pretty weak.  This 30 day warranty is absolutely horrible.  All kinds of red flags going off in my head about this.

So if others are interested in a group buy please chime in, or PM me and I would like to see if we have enough interest where we can get the 10 unit buy in level at least.  Or if your thinking about buying 10 or more of these in the pre-order and would be interested in letting others tailgate on a larger order that would be great if someone is thinking about something like that.  Thoughts?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
I know it sucks as we are all hoping for a bigger leap in hash and power use, but this is my email in full.

Dave,

The hash rate per box is different from what we expected, but it's based on sample chip performance tested in the lab. And still A4 Dominator has the best efficiency ever, and we determined the price based on the specs.

Are you still interested? How many do you want? Since our first batch has very limited quantities, we will serve batch orders first.

Best regards,
Chloe Zhang
+86 18040500320
Innosilicon Technology Ltd.
www.innosilicon.com.cn

Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2016 12:31 PM
To: 'Dave'
Cc: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: new a4 miner pre orders... Dave

Dear Dave,

I’m doing good. How about you?

A4 miners is open for pre-order now at price of 1800 USD per unit plus shipping fee, 10 units to start, with about 1000W per 260Mhs (+-10% performance variation) each and 30 days parts warranty.

Delivery starts from September and max delay is one month.

Best regards,
Chloe Zhang
+86 18040500320
Innosilicon Technology Ltd.
www.innosilicon.com.cn

Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2016 9:38 AM
To: 'Chloe Zhang'
Subject: new a4 miner pre orders... Dave

Hi Chloe, how are you today?
I was wondering if you are getting close to selling the new a4’s? What would be the final specs and the final pricing, with the farmboy discount? Thanks Dave

Interesting, well if they are as horrible as stated in the email ... then that's great news for my Titan! =)
Pages:
Jump to: