Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners - page 18. (Read 49008 times)

Activity: 587
Merit: 500
I would not be surprised if the price for the A4 was just shy of $2,000

Smiley

You'd be lucky.

They will price at $4k as suggested above. $2k is a pipedream and can't see it happening any, I respect miners want their machines at the cheapest price, but the production company hold the key.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

Smiley

I'd get one for that. (2k). I could justify the 'toy' because my 14c kWh electric goes down to
10c kWh in winter. Last year I heated 85% of house with Titans. 😄

Hope you are right and I'm wrong, but I still think 4K for an A4 is likely

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I would love to hear status updates on the A4's development and release schedule.  Last I heard they have chips but don't have the complete miner yet.  So it would be awesome to see an update on the progress and the timeline.  It is real tempting to jump on the S9, and I almost did... But without updates on the A4 I think people will be lured to jump on the S9.
Activity: 553

Smiley

Then the hashrate will rise very fast and up...  Embarrassed

exactly - look at what Baikal has done to Dash
Activity: 572
Merit: 506

Smiley

Then the hashrate will rise very fast and up...  Embarrassed
Activity: 553

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Watch  Zoomhash they allways seems to get stock of any new miners all most the same day there released.

http://zoomhash.com/

I believe I already mentioned that I'm sure Zoomhash was one of their "partners" on the investment thing?

9-)
copper member
Clueless!
Watch  Zoomhash they allways seems to get stock of any new miners all most the same day there released.

yeah alibaba also seems to get this stuff up..over priced...but at least you can tell if the stuff exists then (hopefully alibaba may have a lot of scam sales)

but good point on zoomhash forgot about that

someone said these guys take paypal ..have not looked into such...but another maybe option in that they got sfards stuff first I think

http://www.itopshop.net/

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Watch  Zoomhash they allways seems to get stock of any new miners all most the same day there released.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
Still no updates on pricing and availability? I got the mining itch needing some new kick ass hardware to fill it

I got an email saying not yet. My expectation the units will go out to the 'bulk' purchasers in probably (my guess) August. This was the over $100k orders min.
Thus you MIGHT see these units to us as individuals sometime in Sept. I also think they will be 4k at least or more now with the BTC and LTC price hikes.

Probably way to 'rich for me' at 14c kwh electric. Also not a big fan of 4k out for a 90 day warranty when all ASIC equipment I know about took about 3 months
to 'kinda' get a working firmware with various pools etc. One big paper weight if their 14nm chips and/or equip does not work well after 90 days. Again imho.

i came to the same assumption, last time when they launched the A2. (they asked >10K USD for Batch 1 Devices)
To much Risk involved. Might be interesting if you buy big Quantity and get early Access.
copper member
Clueless!
Still no updates on pricing and availability? I got the mining itch needing some new kick ass hardware to fill it

I got an email saying not yet. My expectation the units will go out to the 'bulk' purchasers in probably (my guess) August. This was the over $100k orders min.
Thus you MIGHT see these units to us as individuals sometime in Sept. I also think they will be 4k at least or more now with the BTC and LTC price hikes.

Probably way to 'rich for me' at 14c kwh electric. Also not a big fan of 4k out for a 90 day warranty when all ASIC equipment I know about took about 3 months
to 'kinda' get a working firmware with various pools etc. One big paper weight if their 14nm chips and/or equip does not work well after 90 days. Again imho.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
legendary
Innosilicon probably could have done the A4 without any investment at all - they just wanted partners to mitigate the risk, since Scrypt is a much smaller market than SHA256 and 14/16nm development/bring to production costs are a LOT higher than 28nm.

It's not IMPOSSIBLE that they have their own farm - but there is no evidence supporting that they do, and I suspect they don't understand the risks and rewards of it well enough to consider it worth investing into, whereas making and selling chips is a business they have a LOT of experience and practice at.

Why does Warren Buffet think Bitcoin is unworthy of investment?
 It's not CONSERVATIVE enough for him to trust.
 (He didn't coin the term "Value Investor", he just has spent 60 years or so LIVING it).

Why hasn't AMD NVidia or Intel gotten into making mining chips?
 Too small a market - and AMD in particular and NVidia to a lesser degree benefit indirectly from miners buying GPUs.

Activity: 407
Merit: 255
What is a "data hall"? Have seen that posted on btctalk a lot. Don't you all mean "data center"?!

Google search did not come up with much..first result to "what is a data hall" comes back with this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_center

....so why do some of you say "data hall" when it appears it is really "data center"?

Sorry to hijack this thread but it has been buggin me for a while.

Data hall was a term used by KNC for their mining farm in Sweden.  I believe people now use it as a derogatory term in referring to a big farm that screws people.
copper member
Clueless!

Likely imho they will just be a 'token' amount of these A4 miners (like sfards did) just to show the flag on a unit or two. The main push will be their own data center (did you see that i said data center not data hall) and the uphill fight of selling bulk chips would be their next hurtle.

Last time I checked Innosilicon doesn't HAVE a "data center" or "data hall" or any significant mining operation at all.

They seem to be the only Cryptocoin Mining Chip/Miner manufacturer that doesn't do a lot of mining themselves - probably because they were a well-established Chip manufacturer before they got into Cryptocoin chip making (and still ARE a manufacturer of lots of other chips).

Unlike every other manufacturer AFAIK making cryptocoin chips, Innosilicon doesn't rely on cryptocoin for most to all of their income, much less most to all of their profit.

I won't talk about some of their DEALERS (and likely partners) that DO in fact mine *cough Zoomhash cough*....

OK I'm confused....what was the IPO money for then? I thought they had the mask etc ready to go and needed IPO $$$

I find it hard to believe that they are betting all on others using bulk chips sales at $3.20 per LTC say or the price of scrypt to carry the load

you could be right ..but spondoolies WAS not as big into data centers but they are now ...;perhaps innsilicon has also gone the way of knc etc in the old 'me first' camp

but I don't know.....you could be correct ..but now I'm really confused .thought I had a handle on why at these low prices they were 'pushing scrypt chips'

perhaps they are into this as the 'equiv' of home mining ...just for the frack of saying they can make a 14mm asic scrypt chip (not sure why thou)

legendary

Likely imho they will just be a 'token' amount of these A4 miners (like sfards did) just to show the flag on a unit or two. The main push will be their own data center (did you see that i said data center not data hall) and the uphill fight of selling bulk chips would be their next hurtle.

Last time I checked Innosilicon doesn't HAVE a "data center" or "data hall" or any significant mining operation at all.

They seem to be the only Cryptocoin Mining Chip/Miner manufacturer that doesn't do a lot of mining themselves - probably because they were a well-established Chip manufacturer before they got into Cryptocoin chip making (and still ARE a manufacturer of lots of other chips).

Unlike every other manufacturer AFAIK making cryptocoin chips, Innosilicon doesn't rely on cryptocoin for most to all of their income, much less most to all of their profit.

I won't talk about some of their DEALERS (and likely partners) that DO in fact mine *cough Zoomhash cough*....

Activity: 572
Merit: 506
I think the sales price will be something like $4.000 or 9BTC + shipping, of course. Above that, the miner is overpriced too much, below, the hashrate will rise very fast... Undecided
copper member
Clueless!
My guess is that the A4 units will come out at around $2500, though I'd actually prefer you to be right and they show up closer to $4000 (fewer sold = less hashrate increase for a while = my A2s pay off more before they hit unprofitable).

I do love how I can just ignore my A2s for literally months at a time (I've got one that's been up for 4 MONTHS right now no issues - reconfigured my home to "summer mode" this week, and moved the other A2 units, so they've "only" been up for a few days as of right now - they HAD been up for the same 4ish months prior to my moving them) and they just keep hashing.....

They won't sit on a shelf if they aren't selling, inventory will be mining or they'll drop the price they won't just let them collect dust.

Anyway it seems that is what asic equip makers of scrypt and/or sha-256 do now. Much more profitable to chase NEWBIE IPO big $$$ money that wants to flow into crypto then those NEWBIE HOME miners with less $$$ as was done in the past.

Same angle but bigger pockets the big money newbie IPO folk have. (again imho)  (My thoughts of this is that they DID at 3.20 LTC or so scrypt prices manage to get enough IPO $$$ to build the chips in the first place..which from my view was quite a feat)

Anyway my 'guess' on how it will play out. Overpriced. Limited amount of units and maybe even like sfards did only available in bulk purchasing of 100 plus.

We will see I guess.( Assuming it is NOT vaporware. Always a consideration)

Activity: 835
There is NO Freedom without Privacy
My guess is that the A4 units will come out at around $2500, though I'd actually prefer you to be right and they show up closer to $4000 (fewer sold = less hashrate increase for a while = my A2s pay off more before they hit unprofitable).

I do love how I can just ignore my A2s for literally months at a time (I've got one that's been up for 4 MONTHS right now no issues - reconfigured my home to "summer mode" this week, and moved the other A2 units, so they've "only" been up for a few days as of right now - they HAD been up for the same 4ish months prior to my moving them) and they just keep hashing.....

They won't sit on a shelf if they aren't selling, inventory will be mining or they'll drop the price they won't just let them collect dust.
legendary
Activity: 1270
What is a "data hall"? Have seen that posted on btctalk a lot. Don't you all mean "data center"?!

Google search did not come up with much..first result to "what is a data hall" comes back with this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_center

....so why do some of you say "data hall" when it appears it is really "data center"?

Sorry to hijack this thread but it has been buggin me for a while.

Sorry Midwest USA slang 😒

Really? I don't know...have seen it soo much here that I would think it was something more than that? I honestly am curious. Not disparaging the use of the term...just wanting to find out why a lot of people use it.
Pages:
Jump to: