Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners - page 15. (Read 49008 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I think the pre-order time frame is too close now.  I would hang tight now for the A4 to hit distributors like Zoomhash.  I don't think it is going to be that long now before you will start to see some announcements.  We are looking at the end of this month for the pre-buy units to start shipping, and I expect there will be some first unit pains to be dealt with.  So I would stay posted to these threads and follow the progress of the A4 first units and how that goes.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Wait for dealers like ZoomHash to start selling them, or work with other folks in the "group deal" about a combined order.
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
Any idea how to buy one unit?
legendary
The older numbers were overoptimistic estimates before they had a chance to actually settle down and work with a significant number of chips - *AND* seem to have been based at least in part on using an A2/Dragon sized miner machine with more and larger boards in it.

If you look at the SIZE spec on the final A4 as announced, it's less than half the size - even accounting for space savings of the power supply in the A2, the A4 is STILL ballpark less than half the size.

Activity: 256
Merit: 100
In the web : http://www.innosilicon.com/html/news/14.html

Is this info:

Part Number: INNOSILICON A4 Dominator 280Mhs per unit (+-10% performance, can be over-clocked at user's risk)
Size: Length 28cm * Width 12.8cm * Height 25cm
Net weight: 11KG (without PSU)
ASIC: A4, 80pcs
Blade: 4pcs
Voltage: +12V
Power efficiency: Initial batch will be defaulted at 3.2W/Mhs in Turbo mode, 2.2W/Mhs in Norminal mode, and 1.35W/Mhs in ultra low power mode
Required rated PSU: 1000W or above, 8 * PCI-E 6Pin
PSU is external and exclusive to save your international shipping cost, which can be acquired used easily at low cost or reused from old version miners.
Included: Raspberry Pi, it is plug and play with your PSU

I read before the machine can be at 400-600 or 800mhs awith overclock at 1020W.
Is the 280MHS the default hashrate.  And then I will can overclock to 400 or 600 mhs?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Some one did some kind per something when the farm boys came out on the forums they were a deal but I was a little short on cash so had to pass . maybe the next A2 deal i come across I will finally get one ... they should drop even more in price once the A4 does came out and still be useful for a while longer, farming alt is a lot different then farming btc direct . there is a lot of them etc etc ...i all way have liked farming script coins more then BTC but still like doing both .

about three month ago i was offered a farm boy deal even had the cash but was asked to late i had just bought a Alchemist 256 then 4 or 5 days later some one i know sent me A email with a really nice group buy deal for some farm boys again I'm not meant to have a A2 i guess ..then one popped on ebay  i was to late buying a month or so ago they sold a mini A2 for 175 they normally sell for 500 or more . zoom hash had some 110 for a nice price a few month ago by the time i got the cash to gather they sold out, i have even more times were i missed out.

cyz
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Innosilicon did not take ANY preorders on the A2 - it came out as a total suprise with ZERO previous announcements, pretty much unique in the cryptocoin mining industry.
 They DID pre-announce their "Farm Boy" units, but I don't remember if they bothered with pre-orders on those.

The investment needed to get a new 14/16nm chip up and running is a TON higher than working with long-established 28nm tech though, which I'm sure is WHY Innosilicon wanted some investment help on that generation.

My ballpark guess is that the A4 will fuel about a doubling of hashrate over the first year after it starts shipping, and a continuing slow increase past that point - but only if Litecoin price stays above the $3 level, and even a bit iffy if it keeps drifting down TO that level. Still shouldn't be hard to manage ROI on an A4 if you have VERY VERY cheap electric, but at 10c/KWH might make ROI difficult-to-impossible (and 10c/KWH is fair bit BELOW the average for the US since the EPA/Obama War On Coal has driven US average electric prices UP quite a bit the last few years).

From what I understand Innsilicon is a chip manufacturer foremost. They got the big boys to fund their 14 nm chip equip and line to make asic chips. But after that is done
they will have a fully financed 14nm production line/system for other 14nm chips. Thus it was a no brainer. Get some IPO $$$. Get the 14nm setup funded to make scrypt
asics as such. Make your profit. Then use your new 14nm production on other NON asic related chips of that size.

Kinda brilliant actually.
legendary
Innosilicon did not take ANY preorders on the A2 - it came out as a total suprise with ZERO previous announcements, pretty much unique in the cryptocoin mining industry.
 They DID pre-announce their "Farm Boy" units, but I don't remember if they bothered with pre-orders on those.

The investment needed to get a new 14/16nm chip up and running is a TON higher than working with long-established 28nm tech though, which I'm sure is WHY Innosilicon wanted some investment help on that generation.

My ballpark guess is that the A4 will fuel about a doubling of hashrate over the first year after it starts shipping, and a continuing slow increase past that point - but only if Litecoin price stays above the $3 level, and even a bit iffy if it keeps drifting down TO that level. Still shouldn't be hard to manage ROI on an A4 if you have VERY VERY cheap electric, but at 10c/KWH might make ROI difficult-to-impossible (and 10c/KWH is fair bit BELOW the average for the US since the EPA/Obama War On Coal has driven US average electric prices UP quite a bit the last few years).

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The images on the Aliexpress page look like A2 images.  The description says the A4 prototype won't be available until July.  So what is pictured is not one of the prototypes.  This is a "pre-order" for still unbuilt equipment.  Also from what I have read Innosilicon does not do preorders.  So this person selling either must have a standing order and commitment for a bulk order or he/she is taking wild liberties on the price and number he will have available to sell.  

Thanks for the link.  It at least has a bunch of us all talking and thinking about doing really stupid stuff like a bulk preorder...  Yes, we are that crazy!  I personally am going to wait until something firms up and then figure out where in the world I would put more miners or get more electricity to run them! ROFL

What I think has happened is that based on the ever decreasing chip density per device and efficiency of the cards, one of the early adopter partners has pulled out of the deal (remember they were seeking 5 x $1.5M partners), so what we're being offered is their slice of the initial first batch.

I've been playing around with the numbers and would imagine there would have been 3000 of the 400Mh/s machines being built at something like $2500 each for the early partners, bringing the total to $7.5M (600ea). That was my worst case scenario and given the 400 MH/s specs would have had 114 Chips per machine, there could be up to 4167 of the lower effeiciency 280 MH/s miners if all the chips are good. Interestingly the price  stays about the same at around $6.50 per MHs or $22.75 per A4 chip.

So I think this is why we're not seeing fully built prototypes yet, we were never supposed to be getting them this early, and based on the numbers above there would be 600 machines available for every partner who has pulled out.

Based on average pool mining returns at 0.000085 btc/mhs/day, these are still looking very good.  Cheesy
Mind you, there could be up to 1.3 Th/s about to be dropped into a 4.5 Th/s global scrypt network.  Undecided

They don't do per orders if they needed  investors to me that's a per order of sorts it was publicly made  , no per order's to me is selling them when they are ready and not asking for any kind of money other then though private investors. like bitmain does and even Avalon does now, the Avalon 7 is coming when no idea but it is, they posted soft ware support and a image for the miner on there FTP on the 17 of this month .

I thought I  saw Innosilicon talking per orders when the A2 came out on there main site but so far i have yet to see them run any farm because , I'm guessing,  they don't need to because they make more stuff like memory and other PC stuff , not just miners, bitmain only makes miners . I might be wrong or misunderstand how Innosilicon does it other wise . either way i can't afford one if i could i would give it some thought, im sure i would need that cash back sooner then 200 days or how ever long ROI would take or i would have to be willing to waste 1800 on a group buy, i wouldn't try to resell it either, unless i could double the price so i could buy another one i love mining to much to give it up or to pass one of these by, by reselling it.
copper member
Clueless!
This certainly will have an overall negative impact for everyone mining scrypt coins. The buyers may have a tough time getting their ROI.

Yep. We need BTC at around 700 bucks imho to play it somewhat safe. At that price at 0.006 LTC to BTC you are looking at $4.20 usd per LTC. NOT Ideal,

but....you could maybe squeak by with a 10 month (with elec use taken out) and ROI on these units in that ballpark of a guess/price.

(check my figures)

A lot of Titan owners spent a lot of 2015 mining LTC on a prayer at 1.30 usd per LTC and a hope it would go up in price. Same angle with these machines

different year imho.

I suppose just to liven things up the Chinese miners (75%) will announce a fork from BTC Core and 8mb blocks just to further muck the crypto universe up

some more. (BTC gets a cold .all the alt coins get pneumonia). It seems a lot of crypto FUD is rinse/wash/repeat I've seen it before.
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
This certainly will have an overall negative impact for everyone mining scrypt coins. The buyers may have a tough time getting their ROI.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
The images on the Aliexpress page look like A2 images.  The description says the A4 prototype won't be available until July.  So what is pictured is not one of the prototypes.  This is a "pre-order" for still unbuilt equipment.  Also from what I have read Innosilicon does not do preorders.  So this person selling either must have a standing order and commitment for a bulk order or he/she is taking wild liberties on the price and number he will have available to sell.  

Thanks for the link.  It at least has a bunch of us all talking and thinking about doing really stupid stuff like a bulk preorder...  Yes, we are that crazy!  I personally am going to wait until something firms up and then figure out where in the world I would put more miners or get more electricity to run them! ROFL

What I think has happened is that based on the ever decreasing chip density per device and efficiency of the cards, one of the early adopter partners has pulled out of the deal (remember they were seeking 5 x $1.5M partners), so what we're being offered is their slice of the initial first batch.

I've been playing around with the numbers and would imagine there would have been 3000 of the 400Mh/s machines being built at something like $2500 each for the early partners, bringing the total to $7.5M (600ea). That was my worst case scenario and given the 400 MH/s specs would have had 114 Chips per machine, there could be up to 4167 of the lower effeiciency 280 MH/s miners if all the chips are good. Interestingly the price  stays about the same at around $6.50 per MHs or $22.75 per A4 chip.

So I think this is why we're not seeing fully built prototypes yet, we were never supposed to be getting them this early, and based on the numbers above there would be 600 machines available for every partner who has pulled out.

Based on average pool mining returns at 0.000085 btc/mhs/day, these are still looking very good.  Cheesy
Mind you, there could be up to 1.3 Th/s about to be dropped into a 4.5 Th/s global scrypt network.  Undecided

That is a potentially halving in progress...  Shocked Sad
The actual hashrate is 1400 Gh/s, you are talking about 1200 Gh/s more, so all our hash will be rewarded by 1/2... The Litecoin minery will NOT be very reliable...
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
The images on the Aliexpress page look like A2 images.  The description says the A4 prototype won't be available until July.  So what is pictured is not one of the prototypes.  This is a "pre-order" for still unbuilt equipment.  Also from what I have read Innosilicon does not do preorders.  So this person selling either must have a standing order and commitment for a bulk order or he/she is taking wild liberties on the price and number he will have available to sell. 

Thanks for the link.  It at least has a bunch of us all talking and thinking about doing really stupid stuff like a bulk preorder...  Yes, we are that crazy!  I personally am going to wait until something firms up and then figure out where in the world I would put more miners or get more electricity to run them! ROFL

I've been playing around with the numbers and would imagine there would have been 3000 of the 400Mh/s machines being built at something like $2500 each for the early partners, bringing the total to $7.5M (600ea). That was my worst case scenario and given the 400 MH/s specs would have had 114 Chips per machine, there could be up to 4167 of the lower effeiciency 280 MH/s miners if all the chips are good. Interestingly the price  stays about the same at around $6.50 per MHs or $22.75 per A4 chip.

Based on average pool mining returns at 0.000085 btc/mhs/day, these are still looking very good.  Cheesy
Mind you, there could be up to 1.3 Th/s about to be dropped into a 4.5 Th/s global scrypt network.  Undecided

That's going to be cute, they are promising factory installed PSU's and cables...
copper member
Clueless!
Its a though sell Imo.
After import taxes and shipping costs are around 2300 to get it to my door.
It mines around 2.7 Ltc a day after power costs that leaves me with around 6 usd a day that's a little under 400 days to roi If the diff doesn't jump up because of all the added scrypt power.
Unless u got Free or really cheap power its gonne be close if your able to roi.

right ;/   thats why i couldnt preorder. i kept thinking there was no way without even giving us a vid or having a presence here would they deliver in aug (honestly good luck by end of sept. at this point imo)

by then all those new/old titans will be online, and all buyers have already lost 2 months of mining time waiting where hardware bought from in hand is hashing as we speak.

following same path as all new ascii, by the time consumers get their preorders they will be obsolete, as usual... ;(

"A4 ASIC offers up to 4Mhs per chip LTC hash power with as low as 1.5W/MHs power consumption."

at these rates it would work but what their selling now doesn't work for me.
I'm not sure if their website sais those will become available in the future or whats going on.

Initial testing of the A4 chip showed great promise, but what they are getting when combining chips into PCB's is something different.  So the numbers they posted are not correct.  The corrected numbers we are getting for a miner pre-order is 280mh at roughly 1000w at the wall.  Of course we are still waiting to see one in action and get more specs.  But it is far short of what they expected from the single A4 chip tests.  We know the chip can do it, but when put into a package it appears they have some issues to figure out.

Right now it looks like batch 1 won't ship until September for the pre-orders.  From there I assume you will be able to order from distributors in Oct-Nov time frame. We won't know specs for those batches until we get closer to that happening.
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
Its a though sell Imo.
It mines around 2.7 Ltc a day after power costs that leaves me with around 6 usd a day that's a little under 400 days to roi If the diff doesn't jump up because of all the added scrypt power.

right ;/   thats why i couldnt preorder. i kept thinking there was no way without even giving us a vid or having a presence here would they deliver in aug (honestly good luck by end of sept. at this point imo)

by then all those new/old titans will be online, and all buyers have already lost 2 months of mining time waiting where hardware bought from in hand is hashing as we speak.

following same path as all new ascii, by the time consumers get their preorders they will be obsolete, as usual... ;(

"A4 ASIC offers up to 4Mhs per chip LTC hash power with as low as 1.5W/MHs power consumption."

at these rates it would work but what their selling now doesn't work for me.
I'm not sure if their website sais those will become available in the future or whats going on.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?
Its a though sell Imo.

copper member
Clueless!
Its a though sell Imo.
It mines around 2.7 Ltc a day after power costs that leaves me with around 6 usd a day that's a little under 400 days to roi If the diff doesn't jump up because of all the added scrypt power.but an

you COULD maybe co-locate it in the states get around vat that way ...but me I'm about 15c plus maybe more on such (guy in Iowa) could probably do better in Oregon or some such but he knows Titans..and my rate here at home is 14.6c kwh anyway

on the other hand with so many titans now at the house (from 2 to 4 with the other 5 in Iowa) I sure can't just eat the electric anymore and consider it just added LTC to BTC

So my logic is with most of my electric miners (I'm never home) ALL THE electric I use in the house from now on will be paid for by mining....also I have a decrease of about 4c kwh

for Winter rates the 2nd week of Oct.

In that I heated the house last year at 85% rate with 3000 watts or so....6000 watts or so should not be a problem to do the same Smiley

Thus the logic ..till they doorstop they pay electric for themselves each month (including my puny home/house use) and they Heat the house this winter......

anyway ..who'd a thunk it?

but anyway such an option of USA hosting ..if you trust someone to send it to them under their name and host it....would get around Vat and also maybe less  expensive

electric costs then Europe?.....probably unworkable but just a thought

Pages:
Jump to: