Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 11. (Read 158097 times)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Your transaction hasn't been batched out yet.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Wow. he sent the following email to me, yet none of my BTC has been returned:
"Hi,

Just found your emails in the spam folder.
Hi, we have sad news..

Due to major hacks, Inputs does not have enough BTC to repay everyone fully. We're dividing up the coins we do have left based on a sliding scale, and have sent it to the specified address. On your Inputs account, your balance should have flipped to the negative to indicate you've received a refund.

We apologize sincerely for the lost Bitcoins. It's been a very hard lesson for us, and we're sorry that we have to pass it onto our users. Please respond to the email if you have any queries."

I was quite excited to see that email, but to know that hes read mine and says that he's sent it to me and still hasn't is quite disappointing.

EDIT: Received 60.66% of the bitcoins I had on inputs.io
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.240

Re: Marketplace trust
June 19, 2013, 12:03:07 PM

Man you guys are f@#$%d... I didnt realize what was meant by default trust.... f!@# you I dont trust any off you insiders. Especially TradeFortress there are numerous scammer threads about him... He is a lender! I dont trust lenders of coin!  I trust who I trust not who you think I should trust. Shit is bullshit.

Ya and Qweedo doesnt have any fing serious money. People that do dont go around begging for donations.
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
I've sent a email today as I have been away. It was a total surprise to me and I'm sure that big of a surprise isn't very good for my health. I've sent a email requesting a refund. I'll keep you up to date if I have a reply and get refunded.

You will most likely get refunded partly - like others. maybe 60%, maybe 40%, maybe even 80%, who knows? Sadly a lot people lost money to this scammers' pocket.

Yes, I have received a partly refunded amount. I'm not very happy although I guess it's better to be partly refunded than nothing at all. I'm going to be following this story and hope the hacker gets what he deserves.

Although, I don't think this has been dealt with very well. Everyone should get a equal amount of Bitcoin. The owner should of done his maths and worked out how much he can spread evenly.

Do you realize that every signal says that TradeFortress took the money himself?

1. Thought he's anonymous (now he's been doxxed because he failed to hide his identity, good for us.) Being anonymous you can do anything without getting caught.
2. Inputs.io had no business model. Why would TradeFortress spend tens of bitcoins for advertising, making affiliate programs (forum signature spam) and deals with bitcoin (gambling) sites operators..
3. Keeping 4100 BTC in the hot wallet. Not even MtGox or Bitstamp need to keep >1M USD in hot wallet. Of course you want to keep a lot funds in a hot wallet if you want to steal it all.
4. TradeFortress has done shady things before, you can read more about them from my previous posts.
5. 2 weeks, emotions, not even wanting to make police report....... minor stuff.
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
I've sent a email today as I have been away. It was a total surprise to me and I'm sure that big of a surprise isn't very good for my health. I've sent a email requesting a refund. I'll keep you up to date if I have a reply and get refunded.

You will most likely get refunded partly - like others. maybe 60%, maybe 40%, maybe even 80%, who knows? Sadly a lot people lost money to this scammers' pocket.

Yes, I have received a partly refunded amount. I'm not very happy although I guess it's better to be partly refunded than nothing at all. I'm going to be following this story and hope the hacker gets what he deserves.

Although, I don't think this has been dealt with very well. Everyone should get a equal amount of Bitcoin. The owner should of done his maths and worked out how much he can spread evenly.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

Sounds like preferential treatment.  The way a bankruptcy case would deal with this is to give the same haircut (on a percentage basis) to all the creditors equally.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
1. Uninformed journalist stated the bank's name was Tradefortress. (its Inputs.io)
2. I did not know Tradefortress was only 18 years old.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/18-old-reports-1-million-142458461.html
legendary
quack

staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
legendary
quack
Did this shit really happen. Yes. It did.

Anonymous shady guy scams a lot with his service which has no business model. His income comes from scamming. Proven earlier, too.
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Did this shit really happen. Yes. It did.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
anyone wanting to dig, try:

TradeFortress = Iamtheone = Jonathan Ryan Owens (known scammer)

Doubtful
legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
The attacker was able to empty the balance on accounts with the API key enabled. The issue is being actively looked upon. API access has been disabled.

Everyone who has lost money will be fully reimbursed.

Do we know the absolute total amount of BTC that was stolen that is users' coins?

If so this should be interesting to see you accomplish.

Any timeframe you looking at to fulfill the above statement?

Where have you been?
There are times that ignorance is bliss...

Grin
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
The attacker was able to empty the balance on accounts with the API key enabled. The issue is being actively looked upon. API access has been disabled.

Do we know the absolute total amount of BTC that was stolen that is users' coins?

Where have you been?
There are times that ignorance is bliss...
legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

Where have you been?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I have received .14BTC of the .172BTC, appox 82% of the funds I had on Inputs.io. I'm lucky I got that much, and I'm sorry for those who have gotten the really short end of the stick.
I've gotten 0% of my 2.78588356BTC I have on Inputs, so you certainly are lucky.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
I have received .14BTC of the .172BTC, appox 82% of the funds I had on Inputs.io. I'm lucky I got that much, and I'm sorry for those who have gotten the really short end of the stick.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
My partial refund is still not confirmed.
Same here. It's been almost 2 days. I would have gladly taken .0001 less to receive my funds (or, rather, a percentage of them) in a timely fashion...
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
anyone wanting to dig, try:

TradeFortress = Iamtheone = Jonathan Ryan Owens (known scammer)
Pages:
Jump to: