Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 7. (Read 158097 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
nearly dead
Has anyone contacted some real world authority ? Scamming this community is so easy (is pirate in jail yet?), I would even guess he isn't located in Australia. Those involved should not remain silent, damn it! Maybe this is the next thing that bitcoin will teach: how to report theft.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???
I can confirm that ID was asked when I made my claim yesterday (or was it the day before?). It was a small amount (0.0025BTC)..

He must not have been able to keep enough of the BTC for himself after a few partial refunds. $1 does not seem like enough for me to hand over id verification documents to a scammer.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
The major concern now is that TF is asking for ID. He's already considered a scammer and many don't trust him with ID. Therefore many will lose a lot of coins which he KEEPS which was his plan all along. He thought he looked good doing partial refunds to begin with.

Where has he said that he is asking for ID?

Many people including myself have messaged him enquiring about withdrawing our coins, or at least get a partial refund. However, he is now asking for ID for the withdrawal. There is a lot of discussion about this.

Where is the discussion about him asking for ID?

I only know of this guy:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3550558

I've just linked some more posts which are stating the same. With TF current trust rating. What's stopping him from using our ID. 

OK, thanks. But it looks to me like it's just one case which he finds suspicious. Or are there more?

Seems he's doing it for everyone now. If we can get confirmation from another member who has recently tried to withdraw it would be great.

I can confirm that ID was asked when I made my claim yesterday (or was it the day before?). It was a small amount (0.0025BTC)..
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
As I see it, either TF is a scammer or he isn't.

If he is, then why would he send me the coins to refund?
If he isn't, then why not let him refund them himself?

I don't see what value I can add to this.

sounds like you are defending him?...

If he isn't, then why would he not take me up on my offer to call in the ninjas?  Cool

In what sense does that sound like I'm defending TF?  I have no way of knowing whether inputs was hacked or if it was an inside job, so I'm not saying I do.

I've seen a few things from TF that make me unlikely to trust him myself, but that's not evidence that he's a scammer.

well you have been dealing with him on some capacity..you have verified some facts. The truth will come out in the wash. Out of nowhere I have some heavy hitters asking me what happened, that's all lol..you seem like a pretty stand up guy from my experience...nothing to worry about~ just sit back and enjoy the circus !  Grin

*remember this?>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalanche_effect
Activity: 237
Merit: 101
The major concern now is that TF is asking for ID. He's already considered a scammer and many don't trust him with ID. Therefore many will lose a lot of coins which he KEEPS which was his plan all along. He thought he looked good doing partial refunds to begin with.

It was nonsense for ask government ID. We never link to input.io with it

hes trying to cover his ass by implementing an after-the-fact AML/KYC system, or at least the appearance of it.
He must be feeling, or expecting to feel, heat from government financial authorities.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
As I see it, either TF is a scammer or he isn't.

If he is, then why would he send me the coins to refund?
If he isn't, then why not let him refund them himself?

I don't see what value I can add to this.

sounds like you are defending him?...

If he isn't, then why would he not take me up on my offer to call in the ninjas?  Cool

In what sense does that sound like I'm defending TF?  I have no way of knowing whether inputs was hacked or if it was an inside job, so I'm not saying I do.

I've seen a few things from TF that make me unlikely to trust him myself, but that's not evidence that he's a scammer.
Activity: 602

Many people including myself have messaged him enquiring about withdrawing our coins, or at least get a partial refund. However, he is now asking for ID for the withdrawal. There is a lot of discussion about this.

I only know of this guy:

I've just linked some more posts which are stating the same. With TF current trust rating. What's stopping him from using our ID. 

OK, thanks. But it looks to me like it's just one case which he finds suspicious. Or are there more?

Seems he's doing it for everyone now. If we can get confirmation from another member who has recently tried to withdraw it would be great.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Ask me anything if you have any problem

It was nonsense for ask government ID. We never link to input.io with it
Activity: 234
Merit: 100

I only know of this guy:

It's true. TF is asking for ID for refunds. Although, ID does not prove anything. There was never any ID connected to the account before. Therefore, the ID would not prove anything. He's using this to keep our coins and run away with them because he knows a lot of people can't trust him. Who knows what he would do with our ID.

Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.

Could you upload a picture of it? I deleted mine out of frustration.
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
It's true. TF is asking for ID for refunds. Although, ID does not prove anything. There was never any ID connected to the account before. Therefore, the ID would not prove anything. He's using this to keep our coins and run away with them because he knows a lot of people can't trust him. Who knows what he would do with our ID.

Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Chuck Norris kept 1 satoshi in inputs.io and now inputs.io belongs to Chuck Norris

I only know of this guy:

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

I only know of this guy:

There have been a few posts about it within this thread. Let me find more posts...I did see them somewhere.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324981.40 - Here's some discussion about it.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

so he can pass it on ta who? ~ interesting... Roll Eyes

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Enough is enough.  If you have lost any coins in this deal.   Report it to the Australian Authorities even if you live abroad.

He is guilty of at the very least fraud and theft.   All of you who deposited coins AFTER the hack, he has stolen your assets and is distributing them at his whim to those who lost money.   He is conducting essentially his own bankruptcy.   Both of these points in themselves are criminal.   On top of that, he's been operating a ponzi scheme.   He's done.   He has not, and will not report it to the police because he knows he will get thrown into a fucking cave and forgotten about for again running a ponzi and illegal bank.

You are not doing anyone any favors by not reporting him.   He is a criminal, make him pay.

Pages:
Jump to: