Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred - page 36. (Read 158131 times)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Home page redesign coming soon!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Counter-bump:
As a developer:
Are there plans for a test version? Ideally connected to testnet.
The internal testing / development environment runs on testnet, but a publicly I think there's little point when you can make 0.0001 transactions for the purpose of testing.
It might be easier on a devs mind when they know the only coins that could be stolen with their API key is test net coins.
vip
👻
Counter-bump:
As a developer:
Are there plans for a test version? Ideally connected to testnet.
The internal testing / development environment runs on testnet, but a publicly I think there's little point when you can make 0.0001 transactions for the purpose of testing.
vip
👻
vip
👻
Please enable HSTS to avoid sslstrip or a MITM replacing the http page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security

With PHP check if the page is been served in HTTP, if so redirect to HTTPS.
In HTTPS set the HSTS header:
Code:
header("strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000");

That tells the browser to only use the HTTPS versión of inputs.io for a year (31536000 seconds).
So, my browser will go directly to https even if I have no internet conection.
Done. Thank you.
rme
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
Please enable HSTS to avoid sslstrip or a MITM replacing the http page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security

With PHP check if the page is been served in HTTP, if so redirect to HTTPS.
In HTTPS set the HSTS header:
Code:
header("strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000");

That tells the browser to only use the HTTPS versión of inputs.io for a year (31536000 seconds).
So, my browser will go directly to https even if I have no internet conection.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Made myself an account. No complaints so far, GREAT online wallet service!
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
You can now generate addresses with a custom prefix, commonly referred to as "vanity addresses". Think of license plates that spell out a world, prefixes are a similar concept - such as 1BobLKNvSz7333peq3ymJzLmaV6jg7gPnt.

Bitcoin addresses have certain limitations - such as lowercase L (l), uppercase i (I) and uppercase o (O) cannot be used. In addition, you can generate vanity addresses up to 4 characters long with Inputs (eg 1Love). Please note that it may take up to one minute to generate a vanity address.

Why not allow people to pay for longer addresses than 4 characters long? Would earn more money, and help people to easily get and implement vanity addresses.
It is unlikely the use will justify the implementation cost. For now, [email protected] will happily help you with reasonable vanity addresses for free.

Ah, alright. I generate my own but I understand why people would want it. Is it possible to import private keys into Inputs? Like, generate in example 1yoloswag and import this privatekey (once generated) into inputs, and then use that address on inputs.io? Also, question apart from inputs.io, I just realized, if I were to generate 1BoeLens (like I have), it'll have some random things after it like ATmad51 etc. However, what happens if someone were to generate the exact same address? I'm no math experts but I think the odds would be astronomically small, but couldn't you "brute force" addresses like that? Especially tiny ones.

Read this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/brute-force-private-key-tool-296141

It should give you an idea of how it is nearly impossible.
vip
👻
Ah, alright. I generate my own but I understand why people would want it. Is it possible to import private keys into Inputs? Like, generate in example 1yoloswag and import this privatekey (once generated) into inputs, and then use that address on inputs.io? Also, question apart from inputs.io, I just realized, if I were to generate 1BoeLens (like I have), it'll have some random things after it like ATmad51 etc. However, what happens if someone were to generate the exact same address? I'm no math experts but I think the odds would be astronomically small, but couldn't you "brute force" addresses like that? Especially tiny ones.
Importing private keys can't be implemented.

It is possible however as the odds are astronomically small, making it irrelevant. Bitcoin uses secp256k1, and private keys are 256 bits, or 1.1579209e+77.
You can now generate addresses with a custom prefix, commonly referred to as "vanity addresses". Think of license plates that spell out a world, prefixes are a similar concept - such as 1BobLKNvSz7333peq3ymJzLmaV6jg7gPnt.

Bitcoin addresses have certain limitations - such as lowercase L (l), uppercase i (I) and uppercase o (O) cannot be used. In addition, you can generate vanity addresses up to 4 characters long with Inputs (eg 1Love). Please note that it may take up to one minute to generate a vanity address.

Why not allow people to pay for longer addresses than 4 characters long? Would earn more money, and help people to easily get and implement vanity addresses.
It is unlikely the use will justify the implementation cost. For now, [email protected] will happily help you with reasonable vanity addresses for free.

It's a shared wallet, this would compromise the wallet, so it will never be added.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Have been using this from such a long time

Truly amazing
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

vip
👻

This might work but wouldn't that put a much heavier load on the server?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Thanks, good to see this.
vip
👻

I just sent in excess of 2.5 BTC with inputs and it sent it with 0 FEES

https://blockchain.info/tx/0d6f15e50201f8ffb02fc1872301948b82cf1c74bce7e6804e4d013f82de0d6e

Might want to not let it send without fees.

EDIT: Has confirmations now.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Signed by Inputs.io on 02/10/13 05:56:09
The transaction 0d6f15e50201f8ffb02fc1872301948b82cf1c74bce7e6804e4d013f82de0d6e was sent by the owner of the address 17n1yi6T35snj6AKazc3VtTgmBJKukKFN. Messages signed from that address are representative of the actual sender of this transaction. This receipt was signed with one of the inputs of the transaction for verification.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1HZpz62QnJCVv91yRzbUSBHVGxyy9GD6Me
H6x4BKD592YNKEC+3nqBVcN3buAiGvDdIo/y8BDge0wf8TS5EaKZCd3nKCqX1A+3I3cXTEoERWqYK2EbQ2eClo4=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
vip
👻
I don't want this to be a discussion about my plugin I was speaking to him privately about it but I was unable to get a response to a question my programmer asked.
'.
For reference this has been responded to.
Activity: 375
TradeFortress will be able to test the application once completed if he chooses too. I'm paying programmers to test the application to make sure it works properly before I release it. It's a premium plugin  Inputs.io is not affiliated with me at this time. Just like anyone else out there can program an application or program using the API documentation that's why it's there to further the use and growth of the online wallet.

I don't want this to be a discussion about my plugin I was speaking to him privately about it but I was unable to get a response to a question my programmer asked.
'.

Not at this time.
This was addressed to inputs.io/TradeFortress. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: