Pages:
Author

Topic: Instawallet/Bitcoin-Central Security Breach - page 2. (Read 85276 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
New Instawallet Notice:
Instawallet is closed
Visit your wallet's URL to file a claim.

Submit your claim now: claims will be processed in the order they were received. Multiple claims for a same wallet will require more time to process.

The claim process started April 11, 2013 at 10PM CEST.

I visited a few of my Instawallet URLs, but there was still a 404 error?
IDK.
EDIT: Now, when I visit the main Instawallet site, it's an infinite load loop?
Tongue

Same here, 404 error on all 5 of my wallet addresses.

You guys are so lucky! I don't even get a 404 error, just the endless fruit-loop (actually stops at the static page, but that wouldn't have worked as humor).
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
New Instawallet Notice:
Instawallet is closed

Submit your claim now: claims will be processed in the order they were received. Multiple claims for a same wallet will require more time to process.

IDK.
Tongue

Same here, 404 error on all 5 of my wallet addresses.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
New Instawallet Notice:
Instawallet is closed

IDK.
Tongue

Great! I just checked all three of my IW URLs, and each showing O BTC residing in wallets of which addresses weren't supplied. Upon refreshing one of the pages, I'm once again greeted with the static home page, indicative of doing the same for the other two.

Madness!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
New Instawallet Notice:
Instawallet is closed

IDK.
Tongue
drb
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Thanks for the info! Pretty sad situation, both btc24 and bc appear to be under attack ...
Activity: 29
I believe they are doing what they can. They are under DDOS now, you can obtain alternative link to the site if you are verified. All info from https://twitter.com/Bitcoin_Central
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1013
Starting to freak/piss me off i have a non trivial amount of euro there because of there "we are insured thing" but it looks like nothing is working properly.
No answer on the help desk for 2 week now (yeah 1 week crash i know but still).
Sepa Withdraw also blocked for 2 weeks.

Continuous crash.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Bitcoin-Central still down as of now (for me at least).
Anyone heard an explanation for this downtime yet?

It's down for me now.... Sad

GRRR first it has the highest prices, 2nd no mtgox vouchers or similar to add funds/withdraw funds, wake up btc-c, hire more people! you are losing money in volume!
Activity: 154
Bitcoin-Central still down as of now (for me at least).
Anyone heard an explanation for this downtime yet?
Activity: 120
UPDATE:
My withdrawal finally got completed (after more than 48 hours), but now bitcoin-central is down again.
I still had some funds there which I was not yet able to withdraw.
I can trade just fine.
Yes, but you can't withdraw.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
I can trade just fine.
"BTC withdraws will be processed manually for the next couple of days until we switch back to immediate automatic withdraws.
This temporary restriction is meant to allow careful monitoring of our operations in the initial phase of the recovery."

This looks way too much like Cyprus situation. Oh, the irony.

Why oh why on Earth would you do this? Why open the website for trade, but not allow people to withdraw? Even if you are sincere about "is meant to allow careful monitoring of our operations", don't you see how messed up this looks to your users?

I didn't lose my trust when you were hacked, I didn't lose my trust when you were offline for a week, I didn't lose my trust when the deadline for re-opening the website was extended several times, but NOW I lost any trust I had in you. I am withdrawing everything I have (assuming that will be possible at all; my bitcoin withdrawal is "pending" for ~36 hours now), and never using your website again.
Activity: 15
I also have incoming SEPA transfer from 25.03.2013 pending... no reaction on tickets and PMs. Sad
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
No trades and no withdrawals.
I have SEPA transfers and BTC withdrawals pending, the SEPA transfers are still from before it going down.
Davout likes to shout that Mtgox works fractional reserve style on their euro accounts but bitcoin-central doesn't look much better to me. Grin
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
https://satoshibet.com
What `s wrong again with bitcoin-central  Huh

The platform was running for a while but now it s again down for maintance.
Actually, its online and you can trade again Smiley

Incorrect, no trades are going through atm
Activity: 14

Actually, its online and you can trade again Smiley
Activity: 52

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I like the hash idea but it's a browser addon thus only secure for minor sites, anything else should be 2FA

I don't see how the fact that it's a browser addon reduces its security. It does not store your 'seed' password, you type that in each time. What makes it insecure?
Activity: 899
Merit: 1002
I don't trust any browser kept passwords, browsers are not nor have they ever been remotely secure. They are gigantic blobs of code to leak data everywhere and are a 0day exploit factory. I like the hash idea but it's a browser addon thus only secure for minor sites, anything else should be 2FA

http://www.schneier.com/passsafe.html by Bruce Schneier is good, plus works with Yubikeys
Pages:
Jump to: