Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper - page 29. (Read 43136 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 100
cherrypicker refuses to go to a backup for me.  It just jumps to the lowest prop pool even if its over the 43% threshold. What am i doing wrong?

thats weird cause mine is pretty much just going to backup pools as of last nights log. spent half the night at eligius and went to slush's for 1 or 2 rounds and the other half was pretty much all mtred.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
cherrypicker refuses to go to a backup for me.  It just jumps to the lowest prop pool even if its over the 43% threshold. What am i doing wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
if you guys want to use multiple miner pc's you could try my mod: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poclbm-patch-for-json-based-remote-control-eg-famous-bithopper-34514

it make poclbm connect to a running bithopper and switches without stales.

as its a normal poclbm-pool connection there are no proxy-related problems. you can even restart bithopper without loosing shares.
Activity: 112
Edit2:  Loving CherryPicking so far.  Would be absolutely amazing if you could do some sort of website output like bithopper and even better if you figured out a way to feed multiple instances of CP into one website output. 
Glad to hear that! Grin About the website, I'll be honest about it: I suck at developing web-based stuff, so I can't make any promise, at least for the time being. However, if CherryPicking becomes more and more popular maybe somebody will make a sort of web front-end that scrapes info from the log or from the future .csv files and displays it online.
As for multiple instances, I assume you mean on different machines and I was already thinking of making it work in "master" and "slave" mode or something like that. Basically, you'd have slave instances of CP connecting to the master instance, the master instance would be the only one gathering stats and then sending them to the slaves, to avoid sending the same requests from all machines if they're on a single network. If I ever get around to doing this there will also be a few commands available to the master instance and I guess having it gather mining stats from the slaves wouldn't be too hard, so it could dump those to a file and the web front-end could get the info there.

This is still a sort of concept idea, I wouldn't say it's the lowest priority but there are other things that are more important right now, like tweaking the hopping algorithm for Score and seeing if PPLNS is worth it or not.
I'll check out that hop you mentioned, it shouldn't hop on Slush at 98.7%. Was that the actual diff percentage or the number it was displaying? The number is a priority calculated differently for different pool profiles.

Edit3: Getting this error on rigs not running a bitcoin server:

Code:
[Miner0] mtred.com:8337 Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2

Doesn't seem to be affecting anything.  Just want to make sure that I don't need to be running the bitcoin server for CP to work.
That's a message coming from poclbm itself (anything that has [Minerx] in front is coming directly from a poclbm instance), CP is just relaying it to you and it has nothing to do with it. There probably was lag spike or something and I think the bitcoin server stuff is purely coincidental, CP has absolutely no need of it. I'd ignore it if it isn't affecting mining. I've seen messages like those too while mining but they didn't seem to affect anything.
One thing is worth mentioning I guess, if CP gets 8 of those messages (from Miner0) in the span of 30s it'll mark the pool as lagging/down for 10 minutes and disable any mining on it. This is so it automatically switches from dead pools even if the stats API/web page is working. It doesn't connect to the miner hosts itself so it has to monitor poclbm's error output instead.

Does SMPPS work with 0.6.3?
No, there's no profile for SMPPS in 0.6.3, but you can indeed use them as BACKUP.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
You can set one as your backup pool.  That's what I have done.
OK, weird.  Polmine is at 41% and CP just switched to Slush, which is at 98.7% of difficulty.  This is almost opposite behavior of bithopper.  Can't wait to see the results.

Edit:  I don't see how jumping late into a round at Slush is profitable.  Jumping in at the very beginning and staying for 10% of difficulty number of shares is profitable because you are only risking a small amount of shares and when they have a fast round you get a relatively massive payout (2-300% efficiency) and on long rounds you get nothing.  Works out to somewhere in the range of 100-150% efficiency from the days I have tested it on BH.  From the looks of it, you are trying the opposite.  Jumping in on long rounds for the last 10% of difficulty instead of the first.  The reason I don't think that would work as well is that you are betting on such a small range.  The round literally has to end at difficulty + 5-10% for the maximum payout, if what I see in the console is correct, which rarely happens.

Edit2:  Loving CherryPicking so far.  Would be absolutely amazing if you could do some sort of website output like bithopper and even better if you figured out a way to feed multiple instances of CP into one website output.  

Edit3: Getting this error on rigs not running a bitcoin server:

Code:
[Miner0] mtred.com:8337 Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2

Doesn't seem to be affecting anything.  Just want to make sure that I don't need to be running the bitcoin server for CP to work.
Bloodred you are the man! I can confirm with your help I am up and running at 100%  Shocked
Should be coming in a day or two, stats are implemented but I'm still testing to make sure it doesn't display any erroneous information. While debugging I haven't really noticed any difference to guiminer/pure poclbm, both my stock-clocked 5850s are pulling about 288-290MH/s.
Prop pool hopping should pretty much be the same to bitHopper, it mines the youngest round under 43%, I think Score needs to be penalized a bit more (changes in next version as well) but I'll have to see exactly how much when I have some simulation results.

Cool.  I am running bithopper and CP right next to each other to see what the differences are.  I did noticed that Slush solved a block and bithopper jumped to it until it reached .1*difficulty and then hopped back to polmine.  CP stayed with polmine the entire time and chose not to hop to Slush.  I guess score pools as a kind of backup pool with CP?  The way bithopper did it worked out pretty well with anywhere from 100-150% efficiency on Slush, but losing it would not be the end of the world.  Also, I don't think CP polls the pools for updates fast enough to catch Slush like that.  I really want to see how CP handles bitclockers, which is actually the entire reason I set it up.  
Great I got it working, I was a doofus and had a colon instead of a semicolon on a line.

I can now see my shares accepted/etc. The only errors are the same ones others are reporting with Mtred but thats the only one (after updating ssl) So I guess I should take mtred out of the pool rotation for the time being or its okay to leave it in there anyways?
Have you tried the SSL certificates I've posted a few minutes ago or the ones from earlier? I've tested it and all pools are updating on my system. If it's that one and you still have problems I'll have to see what might be causing them later, it's 5:20AM now and I need some sleep. For the time being you can both remove and leave mtred there, it won't make any difference except removing it will stop it from spamming that message every time it tries to update.

Newest SSL patch is working for everything including Mtred and rfcpool.  Awesome.  Now to see how it handles switching pools compared to bithopper. . . .

Also, can't wait to be able to see the hashrate.
Should be coming in a day or two, stats are implemented but I'm still testing to make sure it doesn't display any erroneous information. While debugging I haven't really noticed any difference to guiminer/pure poclbm, both my stock-clocked 5850s are pulling about 288-290MH/s.
Prop pool hopping should pretty much be the same to bitHopper, it mines the youngest round under 43%, I think Score needs to be penalized a bit more (changes in next version as well) but I'll have to see exactly how much when I have some simulation results.
Newest SSL patch is working for everything including Mtred and rfcpool.  Awesome.  Now to see how it handles switching pools compared to bithopper. . . .

Also, can't wait to be able to see the hashrate.
Great I got it working, I was a doofus and had a colon instead of a semicolon on a line.

I can now see my shares accepted/etc. The only errors are the same ones others are reporting with Mtred but thats the only one (after updating ssl) So I guess I should take mtred out of the pool rotation for the time being or its okay to leave it in there anyways?

how do i know if its working? I am looking in cataylst at my card actvitiy (usually at 98% in guiminer). but its at a flat 0% while running this.

it says all that pool info and then

*Cherry Picking
============

but nothing else. Im pretty sure its not doing anything.  Huh
That most likely means you've got some invalid arguments or a bad device number in poclbm.cfg

Is there anyway to see the hash rate you are currently mining at?  Its really reassuring to see that number.
No, not in this version, but there will be in the next (info command that shows your miner's stats). Right now I think monitoring GPU load and temps is the best option - if they're high it means poclbm is working.

Also, getting this error on every update of the pools:

Code:
* rfcpool
* Error occured while trying to communicate or open a connection to https://www.
rfcpool.com/api/pool/stats
* sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.secu
rity.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certifi
cation path to requested target
* Update error or pool considered invalid (lagging or down)

Using the newest SSL patch.
I've updated it again, try with the latest please.

how do i know if its working? I am looking in cataylst at my card actvitiy (usually at 98% in guiminer). but its at a flat 0% while running this.

*Cherry Picking
============

but nothing else. Im pretty sure its not doing anything.  Huh

Lol, I did the same thing.  Go to your polcbm.cfg and set the device correctly.

Also, getting this error on every update of the pools:

Code:
* rfcpool
* Error occured while trying to communicate or open a connection to https://www.
rfcpool.com/api/pool/stats
* sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.secu
rity.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certifi
cation path to requested target
* Update error or pool considered invalid (lagging or down)

Using the newest SSL patch.
Is there anyway to see the hash rate you are currently mining at?  Its really reassuring to see that number.

*Cherry Picking
============

but nothing else. Im pretty sure its not doing anything.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Maybe withdraw to your wallet and send from there? I don't use mtgox, so I can't say for sure.
Well, I was using them as my wallet...but apparently they wont allow payouts less than 1BTC to someone elses wallet =( grr
Maybe withdraw to your wallet and send from there? I don't use mtgox, so I can't say for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
F that crap, mtgox wont let me send just .1 grrr all I have is .215btc .. frustrating.
They should all have the correct payment type in the cfgs, if not I've made a mistake.

You should choose as many Prop pools as possible and have a few backups as well. Please ignore any .cfg with the pool type 'SMPPS' or 'PPS' for the time being, those are for the next version that I'm currently testing, but since I've already written the .cfgs I've uploaded those too. Actually, you can use PPS pools, just switch them to BACKUP (change Type=PPS to Type=BACKUP) and they'll work in 0.6.3

Cool, to make it easier can you put a link to the archive on the 2nd Post?

Also, does one use the config files in the archive over the ones that come w/ the download? The actual cfg file forum...
There already is a link, just under 'How to get it'
With the download (from bitcoinservice) you get poclbm.cfg and pools.cfg, which you then need to edit to work for you (see ReadMe). The .cfg files in the archive are for various mining pools and you can choose which to use.

Add your miner accounts to the pool config files you want, then add the config file names to pools.cfg

So basically:
poclbm.cfg - information about poclbm (where to find it, what arguments to use to start it, etc.)
pools.cfg - the pools you want hopped (one name on each line, CherryPicking will then try to read .cfg to configure the pool)
.cfg - a pool config file where is a name from pools.cfg (these are the files in the separate archive, you need to add your miner accounts to these, 1 for each GPU)
Pages:
Jump to: