Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper - page 32. (Read 43136 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
PPLNS hopping
doesn't work unless you can predict the future
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Might as well submit shares to PPLNS pools if you're pretty sure to hit the N-share payment window and have a small chance to get them payed twice. This currently would work best with PPLNS pools with small N, such as 0.5 * diff

Do note that it DOES NOT use the prop hopping algorithm for PPLNS (or score pools for that matter).

Wait, explain why I would want to use this over BitHopper.
Think of it as an alternative, but these are a few advantages:
1) Score/PPLNS hopping, and no, not prop-style hopping which would be useless/detrimental to your income (there's a SMPPS profile for backup pools coming in the next version)
2) Less stales (no proxying)
3) Easier to get running on Windows, you only need Java which lots of people already have
functional algorithm for PPLNS? lol?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

1. Bitclockers screws with BH but after a day appears they don't with CP
2. CP seems to have some functional algos for pools that BH is still trying to figure out (score/pplns/etc - I know BH has some support for these as well).
3. BH requires some python setup steps that are not required for CP (just java). I know that there is now an exe that bundles all that stuff but not everyone follows the thread close enough to know that.

I'm not saying you should use CP or BH. I currently am using both concurrently (but not together). I think the work by c00w and ryouiki, et al is outstanding.

Basically, different strokes for different folks.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
beast at work
oh, i don't properly understand pool hopping ... sorry

thank you

Fixed that.

i did not say that
oh, i don't properly understand pool hopping ... sorry

thank you

Fixed that.
beast at work
oh, i`m not interested in pool hopping ... sorry

thank you
You've listed EclipseMC in the config files, but we're using Meni's scoring system now so you're probably wasting your time there.
Thanks for the heads up!

cgminer offers a backup pool solution, so how is this better ?
As far as I'm aware, cgminer is only a miner and doesn't do pool hopping. "Backup" in the context of pool hopping is a pool you mine when the other pools' round times aren't within the optimal mining period.
beast at work
cgminer offers a backup pool solution, so how is this better ?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
If you want to "risk" higher variance in your backup pools, you can mine at any honest (I'm not implying that EclipseMC is or isn't honest btw!) hopping proof pool, ideally with as low fees as possible.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
You've listed EclipseMC in the config files, but we're using Meni's scoring system now so you're probably wasting your time there.
Activity: 182
Charging for pool hopping software truly makes you a scumbag, know why? Because whether or not you like it pool hopping cheats other people of their reward and then commercializing the system to do it is the same as selling tools with no other purpose than committing a crime, be it rape or robbery...

So you my greedy bastard, please stop using bitcoins and thereby giving the community a bad name  Angry
srsly, what?
ಠ_ಠ

pool hopping is a crime now?
LOL.

can i throw my "not sure if serious" fry meme here?

Your hesitance to use stated meme with intent....

not sure if serious 
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
Charging for pool hopping software truly makes you a scumbag, know why? Because whether or not you like it pool hopping cheats other people of their reward and then commercializing the system to do it is the same as selling tools with no other purpose than committing a crime, be it rape or robbery...

So you my greedy bastard, please stop using bitcoins and thereby giving the community a bad name  Angry
srsly, what?
ಠ_ಠ

pool hopping is a crime now?
LOL.

can i throw my "not sure if serious" fry meme here?
Evolution continues.
PPLNS (early implementation, testing an idea)
PPLNS is (if it is implemented correctly) not hoppable once a pool has solved more than N shares in total - but feel free to test it if you don't believe the math! Wink
I agree, it's not hoppable in the "traditional" meaning of the term for prop pools. However, if there's no better option available at that time and you can determine that your shares have a very good chance not to miss the N-share payment window you may as well use that pool instead of backup and maybe get lucky and have them paid twice.

Edit: Oh, and I hope you didn't use any code from c00w's bitHopper or some mining clients/other noncommercial sources.
Also, if I pay for that stuff, I would expect at least that you host the files yourself + that it comes with more user-friendlyness than a commandline client + config files (where the pool configs even have to be manually updated!).
Don't worry, I haven't used anything from anywhere, the hopper is entirely my own work.
As for the config files, all you have to manually edit are the miner account credentials and at some point you had to specify those in order to pass them on to your miner(s) anyway. Although anybody could write a config file, I've provided them myself for most pools and I'll make some for the ones I've missed as well. Regarding automatic updates, there's nothing I can do right now but promise that such functionality will be implemented if I ever have the means to support it.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
PPLNS is (if it is implemented correctly) not hoppable once a pool has solved more than N shares in total - but feel free to test it if you don't believe the math! Wink

Edit: Oh, and I hope you didn't use any code from c00w's bitHopper or some mining clients/other noncommercial sources.
Also, if I pay for that stuff, I would expect at least that you host the files yourself + that it comes with more user-friendlyness than a commandline client + config files (where the pool configs even have to be manually updated!).
Will this run on linux? If there is no proxying will I need to run this on each miner?
It is not tested on Linux, so it can't say. In theory it should run since it's Java but practice is often different. I suggest waiting to see if somebody with both Windows and Linux tries it.

So you my greedy bastard, please stop using bitcoins and thereby giving the community a bad name  Angry
So using software that increases your mining payout by about 50-100%(if not more) based on other people's work (cheating them as you name it) is fine, but asking 0.1BTC for the software (that I have written and haven't cheated anyone to do so) that gets the user the extra BTC makes me a scumbag. Doesn't this strike you as slightly hypocritical?

Since it's a beta, can't you let people test it for free?

0.1 BTC is what I mine A DAY

Well, if you take your time to set it up and make accounts with more mining pools you'd get at least 0.15BTC on an average day, that means in 2 days you'd have your investment back and continue making more after that.
Hmm I'm not sure you understand what I was saying. Say if I have 3 computers mining. They are all running linux. From what you have described it doesn't sound like this will work for me because it seems to be 1. Windows only and 2. Needs to be run on each computer that is mining. Am I right about this?
1. Hasn't been tested on Linux at all, so I can't say
2. Yes, it needs to be run on each computer. However, this wouldn't require buying it multiple times or something ridiculous like that, you can use it on all your miners. Depending on the pools you choose it may even work with the same config files so all you'd have to do is copy it over, if not all you had to edit were miner account credentials.
Well, even somebody mining at a slow 200MH/s would easily get their money back from the extra income compared to normal mining in less than 2 days. Is it that much? It would be a mere matter of hours for anybody with a fast miner.
since it's a beta, can't you let people test it for free?

0.1 BTC is what I mine A DAY
Activity: 302
Presale is live!
And how to get the same thing for free: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=26866.0

Pages:
Jump to: