Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing Hive, a beautiful new wallet for Mac OS X - page 15. (Read 140953 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
nahtnam.com
I just voted in the poll and quickly want to say why I chose chrome app. You should make a stand alone chrome app because of the fact that chrome is supported on all os's so this would make it quickly compatible with all of the os's. Of course you could make desktop versions for each os later on but this will make it so that one price of code is available everywhere...
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
There is jailbroken users Wink

As far as we understand, iOS7 is not jailbroken yet. To top it off, I think the jailbreak scene is a bit exhausted by Apple's constant patching. It's just too easy/compelling/seemingly mandatory to update now. Doesn't seem worth it...
legendary
Activity: 1498
It works! Smiley Do you guys have an ios app (for version 6.0)?
Nope, we haven't even started working on one, and I'm not sure if we will. We'll have to be sure Apple is ok with Bitcoin wallets on iOS, and right now we aren't (there were only 3 so far that I know of, and only one of them is still in the App Store). And we're too busy with the Mac wallet at the moment anyway...

There is jailbroken users Wink
legendary
nahtnam.com
Nope, we haven't even started working on one, and I'm not sure if we will. We'll have to be sure Apple is ok with Bitcoin wallets on iOS, and right now we aren't (there were only 3 so far that I know of, and only one of them is still in the App Store). And we're too busy with the Mac wallet at the moment anyway...

Oh, ok. I read ios in your sig, but didnt realize that you were talking about the frameworks...
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
┗(°0°)┛
legendary
nahtnam.com
That's not the latest version, we've released a new one today - try on that one (update with Hive > Check for Updates).

┗(°0°)┛
That's not the latest version, we've released a new one today - try on that one (update with Hive > Check for Updates).
legendary
nahtnam.com
No, I mean the latest Hive version.

Here is what I am running:
┗(°0°)┛
No, I mean the latest Hive version.
legendary
nahtnam.com
Im not sure. This is my build number.

If thats old how do i upgrade? Its a old mac that was given to me to play with...
┗(°0°)┛
Ok, that's funny... I definitely see periods, not commas, if I switch my region to United States. I'll have to check if this API somehow works differently on 10.7 (I'm on 10.8 now).

Are you running the latest version (2013120402)?
legendary
nahtnam.com
Language is set to english. I cant find the region tab (I use 10.7.5.) Where can I find it?
I think this tab is named Formats in 10.7.

These are my settings:

But in hive it shows up as ,'s
┗(°0°)┛
Language is set to english. I cant find the region tab (I use 10.7.5.) Where can I find it?
I think this tab is named Formats in 10.7.
legendary
nahtnam.com
In america we use . instead of ,'s. Any way we can change it?
The language/locale is set in System Preferences, Language & Text. The language chosen in the Language tab determines the translation used, and the setting in the Region tab determines things like dot/period for number formatting. (That's for 10.8, in 10.9 the section looks a bit different.)

┗(°0°)┛
The language/locale is set in System Preferences, Language & Text. The language chosen in the Language tab determines the translation used, and the setting in the Region tab determines things like dot/period for number formatting. (That's for 10.8, in 10.9 the section looks a bit different.)
legendary
nahtnam.com
Why , instead of .?

It's a localization setting. Many countries use a comma instead of a period as the separator Smiley

Activity: 142
Hive/Ethereum
Why , instead of .?

It's a localization setting. Many countries use a comma instead of a period as the separator Smiley
legendary
nahtnam.com
Why , instead of .?
┗(°0°)┛
We've got a new version available for you today!

Here's a list of changes:

• currency conversion - you can now see the amount in your chosen fiat currency in the send dialog and on the balance page
  • fixed issue with incorrect decimal symbol when entering sent amount
  • transaction fee is now displayed in the send window (and the fee is added to instead of subtracted from the amount)
  • added Japanese and Serbian (Cyrillic and Latin) translations
  • UI updates in Sean's Outpost app
  • improved error handling during startup

And here's how the send dialog looks now with currency conversion and the fee amount:

legendary
nahtnam.com
Thanks to Wendell for making it down here & taking the time out to spend time with us.

Interview with Wendell, creator of Hive wallet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn3m_K5AJec

I dont fully understand what Dark Wallet is. Its a fully anonymous wallet service for chrome?

It's way more than that and (soon?) available for both Chrome and Firefox, but you have the general idea.

Thanks. Also I just got a mac and will be testing out Hive soon!
Pages:
Jump to: