Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing all my savings! - page 20. (Read 14329 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
BTC. ETC. EOS
January 20, 2018, 10:03:07 PM
Please don't invest all your hard earned money into crypto currencies. It is too volatile. Invest 10 to 20 percent of your savings. Not more. And be ready to take a hit and above all be patient. Invest in good quality coins. Avoid shit coins at all cost.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
January 20, 2018, 07:03:25 PM
Better if you don't invest all of your savings dude,  because you don't know if cyrptocurrency will increase more or it will decrease. Imvesting in bitcoin,  ethereum, and even litecoin is safe but what if the price will decreased and you invest all your money so the result you lose some of your capital.  I suggest to you and to all invest only money that you can afford to lose incase that coin you invested decreased you have support and it's up to you if you buy more xoins or you can only wait the price to increase again.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
January 20, 2018, 04:45:46 PM
Investing all of your saving can be very dangerous.If you really want to invest,a smart move will be cost averging.Don't rush.BUt since this is a old thread,you pretty much know everthing at this point.I suggest you to grab some profit and hold rest for long term
Activity: 46
January 20, 2018, 04:34:23 PM
To me, it all depends on the type of investor you are. If you are a higher risk taker, you can decide to put all your saving into investments but if you are a moderate risk taker which i think is the safest is to still reserve some portion of savings.
Activity: 82
January 20, 2018, 04:02:05 PM
IMO splitting them is good. But I would suggest not just to hold them for years.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
January 20, 2018, 03:42:43 PM
The ratio how you've split the funds among cryptocurrencies is good. Still I wouldn't invest all my saving in anything not just in cryptocurrencies. No matter how the situation is looking good and attractive and the price is high this can change and will change at some point so it's too risky to spend all your saving. Reconsider your decision one more time and maybe consult somebody that is maybe more experienced with cryptocurrency investing.
I agree with your post.always risk Involved on cryptocurreny investment.I think, you keep some money for recover your losses.Although the probability of loss is less.Then I think, every person keep do this.I always keep some money for recover my losses. Grin
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
January 20, 2018, 03:14:47 PM
Since you're picking more established coin,  you should be safe. However you should know there is no guarantee whatsoever that you will make profit!
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
January 20, 2018, 02:55:20 PM
You should put in in more coins, and check some low market cap coins also- as they have the potential to grow more in value
There is nothing to lose in bitcoin buddy because bitcoin give you surety of profit and if you want proof see this community here people are becoming rich just because of bitcoin and the loss factor in bitcoin is negligible and loss only go to them who don’t pay serious attention toward the market and don’t take sensible decisions of buying and selling and so don’t worry believe in bitcoin and put your all money and wait for profit.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
January 20, 2018, 12:41:56 PM
First of all investing all your savings is not wise, however that also depends on how much your savings are, if your savings are below $10k you can invest fully, however above $20k I would do only 40-50% and not more, I would surely not invest in BTC or ETH, what kind of profits are you looking at?
There are much more better projects around that can give you very good ROI this year, have a look at VEN, ICX, and upcoming WANchain, these projects will be very great this year.
Activity: 84
AQGmvEGdwBDWpNmH23337qRVEdqj7wduzj
January 20, 2018, 12:37:48 PM
invest in different port.. not wise to to invest all money in one port
Activity: 72
January 20, 2018, 12:08:40 PM
For many years investing half of their savings in crypto currency. Profit is very decent.
Activity: 224
January 20, 2018, 11:20:01 AM
If you really investing all your savings, then dont do invest 100% of it. Also you should buy parts on rollbacks, and not immediately for the full amount. 
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
January 20, 2018, 11:03:29 AM
That is the basic thing and every trader must know it better before taking proper start in trading. You must not put everything in one investment. Rather divide and keep every portion in different chores. Like if you have an investment, divide it and keep 50% in bitcoin, 25% in altcoins, 10% in bank for saving and other for daily needs. These ratio may vary person to person.
it wasnt really a good idea putting 75% of the said funds into crypto.and 10% in bank?thus that percent enough for recovery if he fails here in cypto?i think not,my advice is put the 50% in this forum.maybe 30% in bitcoin,10% in top coins and another 10% in other coins.in that way many option for gaining will happen..and the 50% should be on your alternative usage..maybe depositing 30% in banks and the other 20% is for your needs.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
January 20, 2018, 10:47:04 AM
In my opinion,  You have a right plan in investing all your saving into the world of cryptocurrency. I Just need to remind you that before you enter you have proper knowledge regarding the value and platform of it because investing is risky, always monitor the value to avoid the big losing amount of profit.If you don’t have experience, but you have the knowledge, you can start investing little by little so that you an idea about the investment.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
January 20, 2018, 07:10:24 AM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p
You might have envisaged the better coin at that time in August because these coins actually did very well and still riding.

Investment is not a game of certainty and having an investment, is not really a bad thing, but investing all your savings, might not be the best of ideas. Considering the fact that you have the resources/fund to invest, i would advise you put part of it and not all, such that when it doesn't turn out well, you would at least have something to rely

Looking at OPs portfolio in terms of the choice of coins he chose to invest on, if he actually went on to invest even half of the proposed capital, he would have been in good profit especially if he sold bitcoin when it was at the pick of $19/20,000 and holding ethereum and litecoin .

Meanwhile, I still don't support investing all one has in one area of business, it is risky incase things don't turn out the way they are expected.
Activity: 126
January 20, 2018, 06:44:02 AM
Investment is not a game of certainty and having an investment, is not really a bad thing, but investing all your savings, might not be the best of ideas. Considering the fact that you have the resources/fund to invest, i would advise you put part of it and not all, such that when it doesn't turn out well, you would at least have something to rely
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
January 20, 2018, 04:12:40 AM
I think investing all your saving in cryptocurrency isn't a good idea. Even if you are living under your parent there will still be need you may have to attend to by yourself on regular basis.
It is not only the case of crypto currencies but whatever market you are planning to invest into, keep in mind that nothing is table in business.

We should keep in mind that always invest what you can afford to lose when you are just trying the market but once you are for sure about the market, you can invest much more like people are doing in the case of bitcoin. Bitcoin we all know is the best source of great returns.
Activity: 76
January 20, 2018, 12:11:53 AM
Do not invest all your money in one investment. You might lose a portion of your investment if there is a downtrend and you panic sell. As much as possible try to diverse your funds into different areas. Maybe if one or two investment failed you have other investment that will succeed.
Yeah i think the OP is just a dreamer , realestic will teach him a lesson about earning income in Bitcoin soon.
Activity: 994
Merit: 503
January 19, 2018, 11:50:28 PM
Investing in cryptocurrency is such a good idea and investing your savings into 3 cryptocurrency is also a good idea. I think it is not good idea to invests all your savings into cryptocurrency. Maybe invest the half and the other half you invest it other than cryptocurrency.

If you are interested in investing all your savings, then that is a separate thing but I will suggest you not to do such kind of thing. Invest as much amount of money as you can but do not invest all your savings. You need to save some money for any bad circumstances when you may need to have money with yourself in order to recover from that loss which you have then suffered. Think well and then decide the things accordingly.
Beside that, sometime the market will has bloodbath time like now.
It is the time to buy any cryptocurrency at low price, but for those who put all money to buy crypto at high price, they will not have any amount to buy at low price.
But for those who still save some money for saving, they can use that amount for emergency case like this.
Activity: 70
Merit: 12
January 19, 2018, 08:44:22 PM
That is the basic thing and every trader must know it better before taking proper start in trading. You must not put everything in one investment. Rather divide and keep every portion in different chores. Like if you have an investment, divide it and keep 50% in bitcoin, 25% in altcoins, 10% in bank for saving and other for daily needs. These ratio may vary person to person.

Yes I agree put a substantial part in more established coins like BTC, ETH and LTC and then a smaller portions into more speculative alt coins. And keeping a little stash for emergencies is good because the golden rule of investing is: never invest money you are not prepared to lose entirely.
Pages:
Jump to: