Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing all my savings! - page 48. (Read 14329 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 31
November 06, 2017, 06:00:12 PM
Yes, I would not invest everything. Diversify your portfolio and definitely invest some into Cryptocurrency, but hold some in case everything crashes one day.
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
November 06, 2017, 05:21:06 PM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p

That is a great thing though and a lot of money plus a lot of risk for you especially to altcoins. I'm gonna say that lower your percentage to those altcoins like ethereum and litcoins as you mentioned. I'm not saying that it is not a successful coin but I'm just saying that it will be a lot more riskier than investing on bitcoins because we all know what bitcoins cam do and where bitcoins now. So you go 70-80% to bitcoins because it will guarantee you a big investment and ethereum go for just 10-20% and litecoins, just 5-10% for me because I have a lot of trust issues. If I were you and I will invest for a long term my divisions are gonna be 70% btc 20% eth 10% ltc
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
November 06, 2017, 05:04:26 PM
It is a good decision to make bigger investment for btc than other currency ..but
Remember to be careful with your move... .
Its is really good to invest money for a long term for a bigger return . but still you should think about it again for you to be sure with your decision

Yes.  Seems like OP is wanting to suggest longer term investment, and surely OP could get into trouble with allocations towards any cryptos besides Bitcoin when going down the long-term thinking path.

In other words, alts likely need more monitoring than bitcoin in terms of long term investing.. and perhaps, it would be better to tweak a bit more in favor of bitcoin, instead of giving so much weight to alts (the chosen ones of ETH and LTC in the OP scenario).

So maybe 80% BTC and 10% on each of the alts would be a bit safer long term appropriation (which longer term could mean, set it and forget it). 
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
November 06, 2017, 09:08:40 AM
It is a good decision to make bigger investment for btc than other currency ..but
Remember to be careful with your move... .
Its is really good to invest money for a long term for a bigger return . but still you should think about it again for you to be sure with your decision
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
November 05, 2017, 07:10:37 AM
I disagree that you put all of your savings to cryptocurrency because indeed the price here are very volatile it might change immediately. We are giving our opinions here but the final decisions is yours, if you that's what you really want then go ahead, just monitor the price always so you will have idea what is happening to your money.
Activity: 736
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 05, 2017, 03:26:48 AM
I would never invest all of my savings, you never know when you will need them. Atm I have around 30% of my money in crypto.
Yes it is not advisable and not a good idea to invest all your money even if you know that you are putting all your money in a good invesment. You have to set aside for emergency funds just incase you will need it.

Agree, it is the right step to set aside a little of your emergency fund and this will be good for you Wink
Even bitcoin value is increasing trends of crypto currency industry, I think it was not enough reasons if they deposit our all savings into bitcoin. Practically we never know if bitcoin value were gonna be increasing for long run of time or it will turns to bankruptcy. Otherwise maybe 20% of your savings put it into bitcoin.
Who knows maybe after a week or a month or else a year bitcoin will become more successful that cause of price increasing again.
Yes the price and the profit in bitcoin are unpredictable sometimes it can cause profits or losses that we've been never expected that's why we should not invest our all savings in order to be prepare from this losses.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
November 05, 2017, 03:08:28 AM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Good choice. It's better, after you buying those coins, keep it in your personal wallet, like ledger wallet (much safer). Don't keep your coins in the exchangers. You have a good choices of coins, and yes you should buy it at the next dip. Good luck mate  Wink
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
November 05, 2017, 02:24:40 AM
I would never invest all of my savings, you never know when you will need them. Atm I have around 30% of my money in crypto.
Yes it is not advisable and not a good idea to invest all your money even if you know that you are putting all your money in a good invesment. You have to set aside for emergency funds just incase you will need it.

Agree, it is the right step to set aside a little of your emergency fund and this will be good for you Wink
Even bitcoin value is increasing trends of crypto currency industry, I think it was not enough reasons if they deposit our all savings into bitcoin. Practically we never know if bitcoin value were gonna be increasing for long run of time or it will turns to bankruptcy. Otherwise maybe 20% of your savings put it into bitcoin.
Who knows maybe after a week or a month or else a year bitcoin will become more successful that cause of price increasing again.
Activity: 434
November 04, 2017, 10:14:21 PM
I could not say anything or add anything else more. Those coins are really good for long-term holding. Just keep monitoring them because anything still could happen on those years.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
November 04, 2017, 07:59:32 PM
That portfolio is good idea but my opinion to invest all saving is risky because we dont know what happen with crypto in the future. Maksimum 80% of all saving is better, then other 20% in fiat, because we need fiat currency for daily needed.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
November 04, 2017, 03:14:03 PM
Well, it seams you chose good currencies to invest in, but there is one HUGE problem with your decision... DO NOT INVEST YOUR ENTIRE SAVINGS. Everywhere you look you will see people telling you not to invest all of your money. Thus the saying DO NOT INVEST MORE TAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Anyway, good luck and I truly hope this works out for you, after all you chose great currencies which I am personally invested in.  Tongue
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
November 04, 2017, 02:10:50 PM
That's a good choice to invest and I totally agree with your decision and the percentage of your investment with your money. Just make sure Bitcoin will always have the greatest percentage because Bitcoin is the most volatile and is always fluctuating out of all the coins you've mentioned.
I agree with you that the investment rate is reasonable. But I find investing all the amount you have into crypto is risky. In general business and crypto business in particular, there is always risk. And that's reason for why you should not invest all your money.
There is no risk in investing all the saving and bitcoin is name of trust and those who did that at best are now the best profiteers and risk is everywhere so face the fear you will be blessed a lot and more of it I am investing my all monthly saving into bitcoin because I know this fact that bitcoin has potential that it will give a lot when I am in need and that’s true invest for secure future of you and your loved ones.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 04, 2017, 01:50:16 PM
Diversification is the basis in finance, when you want to invest your money.
You shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. The crypto you want to buy are pretty much correlated as you can see on the following matrix

https://www.sifrdata.com/cryptocurrency-correlation-matrix/

I assume your goal is to make a decent profit in short-time trying a kind of all-in investment. It might work once, but I strongly advise you to diversify your investments! Find out some other sectors you can invest in: stocks, currencies, shares of real-estate programs... These are less correlated, and your portfolio will be less affected if one of your investment lines goes wrong...
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
November 04, 2017, 01:19:55 PM
Activity: 149
November 04, 2017, 12:13:41 PM
That's a good choice to invest and I totally agree with your decision and the percentage of your investment with your money. Just make sure Bitcoin will always have the greatest percentage because Bitcoin is the most volatile and is always fluctuating out of all the coins you've mentioned.
I agree with you that the investment rate is reasonable. But I find investing all the amount you have into crypto is risky. In general business and crypto business in particular, there is always risk. And that's reason for why you should not invest all your money.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 04, 2017, 10:44:24 AM
I really don't consider a good idea . Instead of using all your saving for investing in bitcoin and other alt coins you must limit the amount of investment . The division of ratio is pretty good but there is a need to cut the investment price . One must be prepared for facing the worst conditions as the crypto market is highly fluctuating . So firstly , invest some of the amount out of the savings .  The final decision is yours .
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
November 04, 2017, 10:35:57 AM
Activity: 868
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
November 04, 2017, 10:22:02 AM
Regardless the money we invest in bitcoin or altcoin (though now value is significant down). Provided we are willing to be patient. As it turns out, bitcoin holders now see value happening with smile.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
November 04, 2017, 09:27:41 AM
I think you should spend everything on Bitcoin like that, you could spend only about 50% or 70% of it. 30% the rest is keep in somewhere that's safe . Cause if you lost your capital in trading you could start it again.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 343
November 04, 2017, 06:27:15 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Your plan in investing 50% of your saving to bitcoin is a good idea. But don't do it now wait for the fork this month so that you can see if it is a good idea to invest that 50% of your savings. But for altcoins i think dont invest in ethereum there are bad rumors about this coins.
I agree to just wait for the fork to happen before investing because it might give some good entry when the fork is done because there might be a lot of dips after the fork because a lot of people will sell their bitcoin to secure their profit and about the altcoins especially ethereum. I think that they are just saying that because they want to create a negative news for ethereum and for the people to sell their ethereum and grab it like the classic strategy that almost everybody do when they want to have a cheap coin.
Pages:
Jump to: