Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing on ICOS is good or bad ? - page 7. (Read 2511 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
ICO legal advisor and blockchain enthusiast
November 18, 2017, 06:27:09 AM
I just invest moderately in those that have an underlying idea that appeals to me (plus needs to be a good team).
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 18, 2017, 06:25:14 AM
Just read this article http://uk.businessinsider.com/ico-mangrove-capital-average-returns-crypto-icos-2017-10

TLDR: yes, most of ICO are risky and won't return you anything.
BUT. If you have enough money and split your portfolio between many tokens — in a long-term perspective, you will make money. 5-10% of total tokens can make x10 and more and this will cover losses from other ICO in your portfolio.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
November 18, 2017, 06:21:44 AM
I only invest in low-risk ICO's and never invest too much (nothing more than I can afford to lose). I recently signed up for the Latium ICO. It's a crowdsource management platform, which looks pretty appealing to me. You should check out their whitepaper, it's on their website: www.latium.org. I joined their Telegram group (https://t.me/joinchat/GPJK8w3rbib8uj58hUXMJw) last week and I was really surprised how responsive their staff is. Usually ICO Telegram groups are filled with spammers.

But like I said, never invest money you can't afford to lose. Not all ICO's are winners Grin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
November 18, 2017, 05:54:10 AM
Now everything has changed. The market has a huge number of new ICO, and only a small part is worthy of attention. Most of them suffer big drawdowns when they enter the stock exchanges. Be careful, study each project.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 659
November 18, 2017, 05:21:56 AM
Investing in ICOs could be potentailly good or harmful.
There are some pointers to look at for when considering an ico to invest in...these include but not limited to
Good white paper
Good road map
Is the project Solving an actual problem in the crypto world

Its not actually solving problem on cryptoworld but most people or investors would really keep an eye on those projects which they do saw potential and do really have an actual use or working product already which mostly on new innovative things that do make contributions on comfortability of our lives. This is one of indications when i do search up for new ico that i can possible invest my money. Be careful on some because they are just good on whitepaper but ending up on becoming a trash or useless. ICO are good when it makes profits to its investors and the project is really beneficial.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 18, 2017, 05:04:17 AM
Investing in ICOs could be potentailly good or harmful.
There are some pointers to look at for when considering an ico to invest in...these include but not limited to
Good white paper
Good road map
Is the project Solving an actual problem in the crypto world
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
November 18, 2017, 05:00:40 AM
There are a lot of ICOs that we started to notice through Social Media, major Crypto-currency news feeds, Youtube and other major sources that promotes their ICOs in a possible way to reach out future Crypto-currency investors.
That is the case that I want to address that these kind of ICOs has a good chance to excel in terms of competition and they would likely has a possible to reach their market cap goal within a timeline.
Some of my friends who were been in Crypto-currency for years and you can say that ICO has future when the market cap has been reached within a short timeline because they attracted enough number of investors in the event of Pre-sale.
This ICO investment will definitely good and will give you hope that in the future you'll get good profit.
November 18, 2017, 04:52:58 AM
depends on if the ICO will seriously start
I am also with that statement. If the ICO begins during the begining of the year then ends at the end of the year then it would be too late to make money on it because another coin will have the same features already.

I don't agree with both statements, but in my own opinion there's a lot of people and companies that were don't want to invest in any ICOs and existing Crypto-currency and they create their own in order to feed their ambitions but not all of them will succeed.
It all depends on the dev team, marketing and supporters and I've been in failed ICOs with my one year of participating Signature Bounty Campaigns but some of them were not recognized by Crypto-exchange until today.
Whether they started beginning of the year or not but it all ended when nobody's support and invest the ICO and we have nothing to do about it.
November 18, 2017, 04:46:56 AM

There are failed ICOs and we can't just deny it. Currently there are  already 1,500+ ICOs in 2017 and still more coming in 2018 and these ICOs do have good future and some of them will vanish after time. To counter this, make a good research because not all ICOs have a good dev backgrounds and platforms.
Activity: 436
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 18, 2017, 04:45:33 AM
I am also with that statement. If the ICO begins during the begining of the year then ends at the end of the year then it would be too late to make money on it because another coin will have the same features already.
November 18, 2017, 04:43:55 AM
Investing in ICOs are good when you investigate or have a moderate research about an ICO and every ICO has their unique projects and it's up to you to decide whether you want to be part of their project or not. It's not all about the currency itself but the project or purposes of the ICO because we have already the enough number of Crypto-currency today and some countries had developed their own sovereign crypto-currency.
Activity: 196
Merit: 20
November 18, 2017, 04:38:25 AM
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
November 18, 2017, 04:14:52 AM
This is depend on the your strategy and risk management. If you have good strategy and always make research and always learn the fundamental of the project, so invest in ICO will be give good return. Now any ahundreed ICO in the same month , so very important to learn the fundamental of the project like understant the aim of the project and know detail the team founder.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
November 18, 2017, 03:44:05 AM
Please give your ideas according to your experience.
ICOs? I don’t really see anything wrong with investing on ICOs, though it depends on what type of ICO you’re talking about. All that matters is being careful, cause you might end up investing on the wrong ICO which will end up as a scam. You just have to be careful when Investing on an ICO and try to learn more about that particular one you are investing on.
Activity: 126
November 14, 2017, 09:03:16 PM
I can not say investing in ICO is good or bad, because it all depends on which side you see it, if you want to invest in ICO, you can learn their Team Work first, their product, their work program and the way of marketing, you guidance is good or not for investment. and bring benefits to you.
Activity: 434
The Exchange for EOS Community
November 14, 2017, 08:11:05 PM
I don't have experience in investing bitcoin nor investing in ICOs either but they are my ultimate goal to invest both on them someday. Before you invest, you gotta know the risk that lies and head and expect less. For ICOs, have a thorough research first regarding the background of the people behind the ICO you're going to put on your money. Don't be in a rush and always take it slow.
Activity: 275
We offer our Service
November 14, 2017, 08:01:02 PM
It is risky, it might be bad for you if you invested in a wrong ICOs and get scammed but in the other side it is good because if the ICOs is then big money awaits for you so think twice,sit and meditate what decision you will gonna choose.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 14, 2017, 07:55:18 PM
It's definitely a gamble investing in ICOs, I prefer to wait until they are listed on exchanges. There is usually an initial price drop as everyone is trying to sell so you can get them cheaper sometimes.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
November 14, 2017, 07:54:09 PM
I've found that if you pick the right ICO to invest in, it could be good.

I invested 0.1 ETH in Electroneum during their sale and that 0.1 ETH is now worth at least double (despite still not being able to access my ETN wallet...).
Activity: 87
November 14, 2017, 07:50:56 PM
From not only my experience, but also the experience of others: Investing in ICOs can be good or bad. It all depends on your ability to recognize a good ICO (this skill can be easily developed). When investing in ICOs, you have to be comfortable with the fact that you will lose sometimes. However, with some practice and A LOT of researching ICOs, there is much money to be made (One of my friends made over 600% from ONE ICO)!

Good luck and stay safe! Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: