Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 120. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

I think your idea is great! I will donate 2,500 I/OCOin to JC.  It would be gret if the community here (non team people) could also donate some IOC and we could give him a incentive to get a script made, then i can work on making instructions nad making a you tube video showing how the staking is done on the Pi. Smiley

2,500 IOC is 1,25 btc at 5k sats, so a really good offer, if we can get up to 5,000 or at least, 4,000 then thats 0.2btc a good price for such work i think.

You can add 1500 coins to the total from me, I can either send them to you simon or directly to JC. What other flavours does he/she offer? I prefer blueberry or apple pies and not so much Raspberries  Grin  

Hi London,

Thats great thank you!  I sent a message to JC with the offer just now, so will wait for his reply then ask him to send his IOC address and we can send coins direct to him Wink

4,000 is a good total, the more we can raise the better.     Regarding flavours, i know there is a Banana Pi also Smiley But as long as we dont end up eating Humble Pie then all good!

UPDATE:  So far the wallet running with a "headless Demon" is working. Full Update to follow  Smiley
and please add another 1,000 to the total from me. and as previous poster asked...should i send to you or directly to jc12345.

nice update....thanks for taking the ball and running with it.......

getting some "head" would be awesome....  hopefully that is on this impromptu road map for pi wallet implementation.... :-)
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.

I think your idea is great! I will donate 2,500 I/OCOin to JC.  It would be gret if the community here (non team people) could also donate some IOC and we could give him a incentive to get a script made, then i can work on making instructions nad making a you tube video showing how the staking is done on the Pi. Smiley

2,500 IOC is 1,25 btc at 5k sats, so a really good offer, if we can get up to 5,000 or at least, 4,000 then thats 0.2btc a good price for such work i think.

You can add 1500 coins to the total from me, I can either send them to you simon or directly to JC. What other flavours does he/she offer? I prefer blueberry or apple pies and not so much Raspberries  Grin  

Hi London,

Thats great thank you!  I sent a message to JC with the offer just now, so will wait for his reply then ask him to send his IOC address and we can send coins direct to him Wink

4,000 is a good total, the more we can raise the better.     Regarding flavours, i know there is a Banana Pi also Smiley But as long as we dont end up eating Humble Pie then all good!

UPDATE:  So far the wallet running with a "headless Demon" is working. Full Update to follow  Smiley
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

I think your idea is great! I will donate 2,500 I/OCOin to JC.  It would be gret if the community here (non team people) could also donate some IOC and we could give him a incentive to get a script made, then i can work on making instructions nad making a you tube video showing how the staking is done on the Pi. Smiley

You can add 1500 coins to the total from me, I can either send them to you simon or directly to JC. What other flavours does he/she offer? I prefer blueberry or apple pies and not so much Raspberries  Grin 
Im the One who Knocks.
Lets get more Nodes and make it easy for people to run IOC wallets on the Raspberry Pi's!

Trying to find out how to run a PoS wallet (i/ocoin) using a Pi. 

This is the best post and reply i have read. (i have sent the poster a message)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/raspberry-pi-2-for-staking-1070558

jc12345

Activity: 588

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: Raspberry Pi 2 for staking
14 June 2015, 06:23:35
Reply with quote  #15
I run all my wallets on Raspberry Pi. It works great for just about anything including solo mining, staking you name it. The only issue is that Qt5 libraries are not available yet to so ant apt-get install. It is possible to do a standalone compile of Qt5 but that becomes very tricky and the Qt5 compiles on a i looks ugly. In addition, compiling Qt5 on the Pi takes between 1-2 days.

In order to determine the strategy of a coins wallets on a Pi, look if the .Pro file has been setup for Qt5 or Qt4. If Qt4 then no problem it will compile, if Qt5 then skip Qt and just compile the headless daemon. You could always build your own Qt4 project if you really have the time and effort but it generally is not worth the effort. Here ans there are tricks to bypass the Qt5 issues like the qtwaitingspinner solution I mentioned in the one thread. In all cases headless daemon works perfectly fine. Qt wallets have a marginal advantage in that you can see visually what is going on with your coins and managing addresses with copy paste etc. There is nothing though that can be done with Qt wallet that you canot do with the daemon with a little bit more effort.

Iv posted several installation scripts for Pi wallets through the alt-coin section. If you want advice on a certain coin or want a script for it let me know.

EDIT: I would recommend the following 2 things for the headless daemon: 1) Change UPNP to "1" in the makefile.unix and 2) always check the src/leveldb/build_platform_detect to make sure it has read permissions for at least the account your compiling with, but it is ok to change it to "anyone" or world for the build.

PLEASE I/OCoin DEV Team.   Lets get a User Guide (script or whats needed) so many more people can run the I/OCoin wallets easily and cheaply using the super popular Raspberry Pi's  (latest versions probally best, Pi2's)

Thank you.

Funny ....sometimes all roads lead to same place.

I had asked jc12345 about setting up ioc wallet on a pi back in july.....it was in context of setting up pi to stake more than just one coin.

I didn't take it very far as I was under impression that when the team came out with the new wallet, the qt version wouldn't work and I  wrongly assumed a wallet set up on a pi , based on the existing code wouldn't work either. I figured i'd wait for new wallet and them revisit the issue.

If its not the case, and a pi wallet will work even when new wallet finally comes out, then I guess it could addressed now.

Anyway, back in july jc12345 responded
"If you let me know the coins you want to run, depending on if I feel generous or not, I will help you build the wallets and set them up."

Maybe we could help his generosity a little by being generous ourselves and offer him or some one a bounty.

IOC already made it to be considered for an award by getting over 200 votes. Getting over 500 would not mean anything. Instead of giving 2,500 coins to 5 lucky IOC supporters, why not give that to jc12345 or anyone else who can set up a staking wallet on a pi?

Awesome!  Yes, very funny how different roads can lead to the same end.   

I think your idea is great! I will donate 2,500 I/OCOin to JC.  It would be gret if the community here (non team people) could also donate some IOC and we could give him a incentive to get a script made, then i can work on making instructions nad making a you tube video showing how the staking is done on the Pi. Smiley

(Rokos charge .49 for this service with unlimited updates also). https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-rokos-flavors-crypto-full-node-os-iot-devices-feedbackdiscussion-1084908
I will send JC a message today and hopefully get the ball rolling.

As Joel pointed out, there a "computers on a stick" these days also, for people who want to stake on something other than a personal computer and want something small and not very noticeable, i would certainly recommend any who is thinking of getting one of these, to get one with a heatsink and not one that uses a fan, which can cause noise.
Lets get more Nodes and make it easy for people to run IOC wallets on the Raspberry Pi's!

jc12345

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Ignore

Reply with quote  #15
I run all my wallets on Raspberry Pi. It works great for just about anything including solo mining, staking you name it. The only issue is that Qt5 libraries are not available yet to so ant apt-get install. It is possible to do a standalone compile of Qt5 but that becomes very tricky and the Qt5 compiles on a i looks ugly. In addition, compiling Qt5 on the Pi takes between 1-2 days.

In order to determine the strategy of a coins wallets on a Pi, look if the .Pro file has been setup for Qt5 or Qt4. If Qt4 then no problem it will compile, if Qt5 then skip Qt and just compile the headless daemon. You could always build your own Qt4 project if you really have the time and effort but it generally is not worth the effort. Here ans there are tricks to bypass the Qt5 issues like the qtwaitingspinner solution I mentioned in the one thread. In all cases headless daemon works perfectly fine. Qt wallets have a marginal advantage in that you can see visually what is going on with your coins and managing addresses with copy paste etc. There is nothing though that can be done with Qt wallet that you canot do with the daemon with a little bit more effort.

Iv posted several installation scripts for Pi wallets through the alt-coin section. If you want advice on a certain coin or want a script for it let me know.

EDIT: I would recommend the following 2 things for the headless daemon: 1) Change UPNP to "1" in the makefile.unix and 2) always check the src/leveldb/build_platform_detect to make sure it has read permissions for at least the account your compiling with, but it is ok to change it to "anyone" or world for the build.

PLEASE I/OCoin DEV Team.   Lets get a User Guide (script or whats needed) so many more people can run the I/OCoin wallets easily and cheaply using the super popular Raspberry Pi's  (latest versions probally best, Pi2's)

Thank you.

Funny ....sometimes all roads lead to same place.

I had asked jc12345 about setting up ioc wallet on a pi back in july.....it was in context of setting up pi to stake more than just one coin.

I didn't take it very far as I was under impression that when the team came out with the new wallet, the qt version wouldn't work and I  wrongly assumed a wallet set up on a pi , based on the existing code wouldn't work either. I figured i'd wait for new wallet and them revisit the issue.

If its not the case, and a pi wallet will work even when new wallet finally comes out, then I guess it could addressed now.

Anyway, back in july jc12345 responded
"If you let me know the coins you want to run, depending on if I feel generous or not, I will help you build the wallets and set them up."

Maybe we could help his generosity a little by being generous ourselves and offer him or some one a bounty.

IOC already made it to be considered for an award by getting over 200 votes. Getting over 500 would not mean anything. Instead of giving 2,500 coins to 5 lucky IOC supporters, why not give that to jc12345 or anyone else who can set up a staking wallet on a pi?
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
For the ones that are not that tech savvy you could go with something like this, a Windows 10 Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300.... When we release DIONS will set one up for the community with a How To. They are powered by a micro usb and with 32gb of SSD would be ideal to run our wallet and stake.

Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 GHz Processor
2 GB SO-DIMM DDR3
32 GB Solid State Drive
Please refer user manual below
Windows 10

The only issue with these, is that you still need a keyboard and mouse to attach to it and power, like a standard plug socket. It would not have any advantage, other than the size, over a laptop or desktop, the beautiful of the Raspberry Pi is that is uses only 5v power supply of which it uses only an average of 1 watt with nothing plugged in (keyboard, mouse) and can easily be turned on and left to work (stake) away using tiny amount of power.

Raspebrry Pi

"In a Shutdown State.
5.23 V, 0.05 Amps = 0.26 Watts.
Overall. So we can see that the new Raspberry Pi B+ uses 1.21 Watts with just a keyboard dongle vs 1.89 Watts for the old model B.
 The difference, 0.68 Watts might not sound like a lot, but it's 36% less power usage.Jul 16, 2014"

Which means you can easily run it off solar power and virtually have portable staking.

These computer sticks (of which there are several) the lenovo requires 10 Watts.  

The Pros are that it is small and can be used to stake instead of your main computer.
So really good to have something alternative and will be great to have these "computers on a stick" working with dions.
If you intend to stake 24/7 get one with a heatsink and not a noisy fan.

You can use a keyboard and trackpad via wireless bluetooth. Lastly as I said before this option is for non techy users, that would like to have staking wallet without using their main computers.
Im the One who Knocks.
For the ones that are not that tech savvy you could go with something like this, a Windows 10 Lenovo Ideacentre Stick 300.... When we release DIONS will set one up for the community with a How To. They are powered by a micro usb and with 32gb of SSD would be ideal to run our wallet and stake.

2 GB SO-DIMM DDR3
32 GB Solid State Drive
Windows 10

The only issue with these, is that you still need a keyboard and mouse to attach to it and power, like a standard plug socket. It would not have any advantage, other than the size, over a laptop or desktop, the beautiful of the Raspberry Pi is that is uses only 5v power supply of which it uses only an average of 1 watt with nothing plugged in (keyboard, mouse) and can easily be turned on and left to work (stake) away using tiny amount of power.

Raspebrry Pi

"In a Shutdown State.
5.23 V, 0.05 Amps = 0.26 Watts.
Overall. So we can see that the new Raspberry Pi B+ uses 1.21 Watts with just a keyboard dongle vs 1.89 Watts for the old model B.
 The difference, 0.68 Watts might not sound like a lot, but it's 36% less power usage.Jul 16, 2014"

Which means you can easily run it off solar power and virtually have portable staking.

These computer sticks (of which there are several) the lenovo requires 10 Watts.  

The Pros are that it is small and can be used to stake instead of your main computer.
So really good to have something alternative and will be great to have these "computers on a stick" working with dions.
If you intend to stake 24/7 get one with a heatsink and not a noisy fan.
Activity: 686
Merit: 503

2 GB SO-DIMM DDR3
32 GB Solid State Drive
Windows 10

Im the One who Knocks.
Ah Ha! I knew it!

Great to hear Sam, i knew you would have a Pi !  I have contacted a BCT member also who is pretty wise when it comes to getting coins to stake on Pi's and also a company named ROKOS, so there are options, i think it would bring more people to IOC as the Pi community is massive and growing each day.

Plus the Pi would act as a node and this way it would make it possible for people to stake very cheaply.

Many thanks Simon.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
http://i67.tinypic.com/24wzo68.jpg

Please give us your vote on : http://benzingafintechawards.com/vote/io-digital/

You can vote by clicking a like in the top left corner. Facebook and/or Twitter.
If you do it on all two, we will get two votes.
We need 200 votes to go to the next round.
Thanks for your vote!

Richard

I cant post images here, but IOC now has 100 Votes!   (half way there) Please get all your Friends and Family on Twitter and Facebook to participate and share the link.
I hope we can get 200 votes by the end of today and get many more!

If IOC gets 500 votes by the end of January, i will give 5 lucky people here 500 I/OCoin and they can choose to do with it as they please EG: Give it to friends or family members.

I voted for I/O, I will happily take that extra 2500 IOC divide it by 5 and give each 500 IOC to myself. I won't even charge for this service Wink

Hi Sam, unfortunately, the giveaway, is for non IOC Team members.  

But, you are a bit of a geek, do you own a Raspberry Pi 2 ?  Trying to find someone who can instal and run the IOC wallet then people can use the Pi's for staking, much, much, cheaper as it uses a fraction of the electric a normal computer uses.  Thank you.

PS: Staking above 50% again, very nice to see,  i seen 60% the other day, The IOC blockchain is like a high maintenance women, you've got to keep it (staking) up for a long time to keep her happy!

Simon,

Yes, I have a Raspberry Pi 2 that I purchased recently. I also have working instructions on getting an older copy of the wallet compiled and running on a Linux machine. I do plan on looking into this for Pi, but it isn't currently at the top of my list of priorities. It isn't part of our roadmap as far as I'm aware, but I think it's a good idea. As time permits...I'll be looking into it. At this time my focus is on other priorities that would have a greater positive impact. So it's a personal pet project at this time.

Thanks,

Sam
Activity: 159
Merit: 100

You can vote by clicking a like in the top left corner. Facebook and/or Twitter.
Thanks for your vote!

Richard

I cant post images here, but IOC now has 100 Votes!   (half way there) Please get all your Friends and Family on Twitter and Facebook to participate and share the link.

If IOC gets 500 votes by the end of January, i will give 5 lucky people here 500 I/OCoin and they can choose to do with it as they please EG: Give it to friends or family members.

I voted for I/O, I will happily take that extra 2500 IOC divide it by 5 and give each 500 IOC to myself. I won't even charge for this service Wink

But, you are a bit of a geek, do you own a Raspberry Pi 2 ?  Trying to find someone who can instal and run the IOC wallet then people can use the Pi's for staking, much, much, cheaper as it uses a fraction of the electric a normal computer uses.  Thank you.

PS: Staking above 50% again, very nice to see,  i seen 60% the other day, The IOC blockchain is like a high maintenance women, you've got to keep it (staking) up for a long time to keep her happy!
Great news, wouldnt mind 500 coins Wink I have a question, just dl´ed the wallet to mine, but it says something about no "mature" coins? and it hasnt started mining yet, as with other coins?

welcome....nice to have you join community....just to ask...you do have coins in your wallet? ..to start...as you need some coins or percentage of a coin to start staking (mining). also under settings you need to unlock wallet.
Hi and thx for ur help, very underrated coin Smiley yes, i transferred 7k to my mining pc, I havent locked the wallet yet as i just finished wallet sync 3 hours ago, but the 7k is confirmed but no staking? I have kept my wallet running, just closed once to see if that was the problem.
wallet needs to be unlocked for staking (option under settings). maybe someone correct me if wrong...also coins need to be at least 8 hours old....for them to mature, to be eligible to earn pos rewards.
thx for the help guys, I think its the 8 hour maturity im waiting on, will let u know when/if. And yes, im gonna back it up w passwords etc. Smiley
Im the One who Knocks.
Langvad.

IMPORTANT!

Make sure to Back-up your new wallet to at least 2 USB (new or freshly formatted) drives!

Make a strong password (min 15 characters, letters upper and lower case, numbers and symbols)
and write down and store your password in several places also. They are your keys to the kingdom!

That goes for everyone here also!

Thanks for your vote!

Richard

PS: Staking above 50% again, very nice to see,  i seen 60% the other day, The IOC blockchain is like a high maintenance women, you've got to keep it (staking) up for a long time to keep her happy!
Great news, wouldnt mind 500 coins Wink I have a question, just dl´ed the wallet to mine, but it says something about no "mature" coins? and it hasnt started mining yet, as with other coins?

welcome....nice to have you join community....just to ask...you do have coins in your wallet? ..to start...as you need some coins or percentage of a coin to start staking (mining). also under settings you need to unlock wallet.
Hi and thx for ur help, very underrated coin Smiley yes, i transferred 7k to my mining pc, I havent locked the wallet yet as i just finished wallet sync 3 hours ago, but the 7k is confirmed but no staking? I have kept my wallet running, just closed once to see if that was the problem.
wallet needs to be unlocked for staking (option under settings). maybe someone correct me if wrong...also coins need to be at least 8 hours old....for them to mature, to be eligible to earn pos rewards.
Im the One who Knocks.
Hi, welcome to IOC community.

It takes around 8hrs of your wallet being unlocked and "Staking" for coins to mature, sometimes a little longer, but they will and you will soon be staking.

Also a good tip: Put a little note on your computer "Stake IOC wallet" as it is easy to forget and miss out on rewards.  If you have any questions all at, i will be more than happy to help.

So for now, keep wallet open and unlocked for staking and coins will mature and start giving you rewards.

PS: if you can try and buy more, it is a very good tme to get more IOC before the price goes much higher in the next few months  Wink

Thanks for your vote!

Richard

Thanks for your vote!

Richard

Thanks for your vote!

Richard

PS: Staking above 50% again, very nice to see,  i seen 60% the other day, The IOC blockchain is like a high maintenance women, you've got to keep it (staking) up for a long time to keep her happy!
Great news, wouldnt mind 500 coins Wink I have a question, just dl´ed the wallet to mine, but it says something about no "mature" coins? and it hasnt started mining yet?
Im the One who Knocks.

Thanks for your vote!

Richard

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
http://i67.tinypic.com/24wzo68.jpg

Thanks for your vote!

Richard

Im the One who Knocks.

jc12345

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Ignore

Reply with quote  #15

PLEASE I/OCoin DEV Team.   Lets get a User Guide (script or whats needed) so many more people can run the I/OCoin wallets easily and cheaply using the super popular Raspberry Pi's  (latest versions probally best, Pi2's)

Thank you.

We don't have a guide on how to run our wallet of raspberry pie, people are welcomed to do this research. At the time we are focused on getting DIONS out, our hands are full.  Im sure we can take this on once we have DIONS out

Thanks

I am working on finding a solution, in talks with someone who knows how to use pos coin wallets on Pi's ad also a company named ROKOS.  So should have a solution, in the next couple of weeks  Smiley

Many other pos coins have already enabled staking on the super popular Raspberry Pi   (not Pie, you cant eat it)

PS: Some good news would be very welcomed, IOC lost 20% in value in the last 48hrs..  :O(
Jump to: