Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 123. (Read 719184 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
The distribution looks suss. There seems to be  a few holders with large amounts looking to cash in. Just look at Bittrex.

I'm guessing that early on a few people mined most of the coins, and are now hoping to get rich. Or is this wrong?
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
Are there any plans to make the HTML5 wallet run on Linux? I'd like to run a physical node i.e. an always on Raspberry Pi for example for staking and securing the network. I could build another (Windows based) energy efficient machine, but if it would be possible on a raspi that would be awesome.

Hi CTRLX,

What is the advantage of using Linux with a Raspberry Pi over using a windows computer using a Pi to run a node to stake the IOC wallet?

Really interested, i know nothing about Linux, i take it your are well versed in Linux operation, would love to here your views.  I also really like the idea of using Pi's to run nodes, other alt coins do it, dash very sucessfully, i think IOC could benifit greatly for education people about using Pi's to run nodes/wallets.

Thank you.

I think one advantage of using a raspberry pi is they only use like 5 watts,  windows computer would use what...like 10x the power.

Yes that is why I asked. A PI consumes so little energy, so I'd like to run that 24/7 for staking. The advantage of POS over POW becomes apparent when you don't have to invest in thousands of dollars worth of equipment to secure the network In my opinion POW will in the end lose from POS if there isn't a way to channel all that energy into something useful.
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
IMPORTANT

PLEASE Retweet this link > https://twitter.com/FinTechNL/status/686601425053446150

It is from the official account of FinTechNL.  Tweeting that I/O Digital (the parent company of I/O Coin) is nominated for this years 2016 European Fintech Awards on the 14th April in Amsterdam!

Lets get many MANY retweets, share on all social media.   Thank you.

PS: Found and Ordered this fantastic Gig on Fiverr > https://www.fiverr.com/socialtm/retweet-5-times-to-50k-tech-fans-on-twitter

As it says, i gave him the Fin Tech Official tweet to retweet to 50k active tech fans.  
The community here could also order this gig or a similar one to spread the word and help the IOC develop team get more recognition.
Im the One who Knocks.
Are there any plans to make the HTML5 wallet run on Linux? I'd like to run a physical node i.e. an always on Raspberry Pi for example for staking and securing the network. I could build another (Windows based) energy efficient machine, but if it would be possible on a raspi that would be awesome.

Hi CTRLX,

What is the advantage of using Linux with a Raspberry Pi over using a windows computer using a Pi to run a node to stake the IOC wallet?

Really interested, i know nothing about Linux, i take it your are well versed in Linux operation, would love to here your views.  I also really like the idea of using Pi's to run nodes, other alt coins do it, dash very successfully, i think IOC could benefit greatly for education people about using Pi's to run nodes/wallets.

Thank you.

I think one advantage of using a raspberry pi is they only use like 5 watts,  windows computer would use what...like 10x the power.

Power consumption is a BIG factor for many when staking.  So if i am correct in my thinking. To run a node/wallet on a Pi you would.

1- Buy Raspberry Pi $30 - $60 depending on the one you want, a little extra with screen.
2 - Power supply, if one is not supplied i hear you can run these off certain mobile phone power supplies.
a very good guide here > http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals
3 - Download the latest i/ocoin wallet.

Then i guess you will need some sort of OS system there, looking on ebay the memory cards all come with pre loaded software, so all good.

Then should be a case of using it like you would a laptop (kinda) and run the wallet to stake your I/OCoins.

So there is no need for linux, windows or Mac, or am i missing something?

How much memory would you need to run a IOC wallet?

Maybe the developers have a Pi and use it for running wallets and give us instructions?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Hi CTRLX,

Really interested, i know nothing about Linux, i take it your are well versed in Linux operation, would love to here your views.  I also really like the idea of using Pi's to run nodes, other alt coins do it, dash very sucessfully, i think IOC could benifit greatly for education people about using Pi's to run nodes/wallets.

Thank you.

I think one advantage of using a raspberry pi is they only use like 5 watts,  windows computer would use what...like 10x the power.
Im the One who Knocks.

Hi CTRLX,

Thank you.
Activity: 686

Once we get both windows and osx down packed will work on a linux based wallet..

Thanks
Activity: 910
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
As a long time fan of I/O Coin, I am proud to see how far we have come as a community! I have went ahead and renewed iocoin.org which is pointed at https://www.iocoin.io/ for another year. ;] Keep rockin iocoiners!

Thanks for that Nick. Appreciated!

Cheers
richard
Im the One who Knocks.
So DIONS is the DNS system IO coin uses?

No DIONS is not a DNS system, far from it and far more advanced and technical.

What is DIONS ?

Basically DIONS represents “Data on the blockchain” - (decentralized = not relying upon servers)

DIONS White Paper  EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS > http://www.iodigital.io/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ioc_whitepaper_dions.pdf

One of the many great features of DIONS it allows you to send and receive coins via an allias = username.  So goodbye, extremely hard to remember, hex addresses, welcome simple user names, as far as i am aware, no other coin in crypto has this ability in a decentralized way.

"When we were considering the future direction of this development, we wanted to leave room for storage
of records in a manner that the fees could be modified and also to prevent D/DoS on the nodes.
Other opcodes such as OP_EVAL and OP_LOAD will be introduced to allow the developers to revise the
conditions of the fees so that they can be calculated from both the size of the transaction and also the
number of steps involved with its procedure. The latter is the method used to prevent DOS attacks and bring
the I/O Coin platform to the same level to that of Etherium
."

I am sure the IOC Dev team will build on my basic explanation.

Also, Thank you MR Higgins for renewing the domain always great to have more domains pointing towards iocoin.io and iodigital.io

and yes Mr C.  The Tortoise is beating the hare, slow and steady wins the race, along with the greatest dedication and belief and forward thinking the whole IOC team has shown and continues to show day in and day out!

Long Live I/O Coin.  

Also, i thought i'd never say this, but, PLEASE Do not sell out to Microsoft like some coins are doing, i am sure they will come knocking soon.

PS: Nice to see a team member from Digibyte here, Welcome 24hralttrade ! Happy 2 year Birthday for DGB, Good luck for the future.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
So DIONS is the DNS system IO coin uses?
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
As a long time fan of I/O Coin, I am proud to see how far we have come as a community! I have went ahead and renewed iocoin.org which is pointed at https://www.iocoin.io/ for another year. ;] Keep rockin iocoiners!
Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team
Over the Next few months we are going to be asking our community to please stake your coins as much as possible. We want to run some test on the blockchain and need as many wallet's online as possible. We need them to be staking to test transfers and confirmation times. This is very important as we are running these tests to improve certain things in DIONS.

If you don't want to stake your entire stash you can cold storage most of your coins and stake a smaller amount.

PS. To our OSX users we are currently working on new QT wallet for El Capitan. Our current QT seems to be a bit unstable under 10.10.5 As soon as we have it compiled we will update. This will be temporary until we release the new DIONS wallet

Thanks

I/O COIN DEV TEAM
Blockchain!!!

Hard werk word beloond, Is het niet vandaag dan is het wel morgen.

Cheers!

Leuk dat er ook Nederlandse geïnteresseerden zijn. Welkom!
We blijven voorlopig wel knallen hier. We werken keihard. Zowel aan de software zijde als aan de bedrijfszijde.
Mooie dingen komen er aan.

Thanks
Richard
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Never posted in here but have been following IO for a few months now, love the hard and dedicated work you guys have done in the past months.

Keep up the good work!

Hard werk word beloond, Is het niet vandaag dan is het wel morgen.

Cheers!
Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team
January 8th 2016 DEV UPDATE

Hello Everyone,

Since we started to work on DIONS, we kept everything in a private repo. This is the reason why our original I/O Coin repo is not showing any commits to the code. Due to possible jacking of the code, The team instead chose to commit to a private repo. Below you will find screenshots of our private github and our commits. Not all commits will be shown below, as we also worked on a Bitbucket account. That's where Derek made all the commits to DIONS, which we then moved over to github, when the code was completed. We wanted to share these images with the community, to show all the months of development that we have given to DIONS and the new wallet. We wanted to share this with you all, because we recognize that DIONS has taken longer to release than previously anticipated,  but is not for lack of work.

Our last code commit to github was November 16th 2015. That was our last commit of last year, but that's because we have been testing and working on code changes to the api outside of github.  This past week we worked on some more changes to the latest api proposition from Pat and today we made our latest commit to our repo. This commit is for consideration of our (DIONS) lead dev Derek. It contains the latest propositions from pat to complete the wallet and now we are awaiting on Derek's review. Once Derek is done with his review he will determine if Pat's request for new api calls are called for or not. If so Derek will have to make some new changes to the code and send an updated api back to Pat for implementation on the wallet. If it all goes smoothly then we set up testnet again to test that everything is working before our release.

Lastly we have one more dev opening that we are looking to fill and we continue to interview candidates for the position. As always, we would like to thank everyone that's following our project. We will give another update once we get more info..

ps. We are showing 1 of 4 pages of history because we didn't want to flood the ann thread with images.

Thanks Everyone

I/O DIGITAL DEV TEAM
Im the One who Knocks.
Really excited about DIONS, been such a long, long time in development, i hope there is light at the end of the tunnel and it will soon be released.

Also, you guys are quiet on twitter, was hoping to hear some news about the VC meeting, is that still taking place?

Many thanks.

Hi,

VC meeting was last week. They are genuine interested and we are working on an investment proposal / business plan.
This not only involves the investment, but also about our mission, vision and community. A lot to think and write about.
This can take some time as you can imagine. When it is done we are asked to send it to the VC.

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard thank you for your reply.  Just one question.

On this post #2511  on the 23rd December, you guys already say you had a business plan.

"Next week i have an important conference call with a venture capitalist that is genuine interested in I/O Digital. They are known as one of the largest incubators / investors of Bitcoin / Blockchain related projects / companies. They contacted us. We have created an investment / business plan for them to consider and we are going to talk about that the next weeks.

Question: Did you decide not to use this plan or did they want you to create another one?

After talking to them we decided to enhance the plan and add more valuable and important content. Learning as we go!

cheers
Richard

Fantastic work Richard, when you are trying to catch the BIG fish, it takes time to learn what bait to use.  Lets hope the content will satisfy and the community here will have some very good news soon.  

We need the developments ready and the content done asap to keep the price above 3k.  

There MUST be some ETA on DIONS now, Summer? Winter 2016?  2017? 2018 ?

Also the IOC team needs to own IOC coins, you need much more than you have now, its the only way you can beat the dumpers!

As much as I like your enthusiasm in this thread, I must tell you that you are wrong in demanding an ETA for DIONS. Please let all the impatient people dump, can't you see there is manipulation going on? This might very well be the first coin that gets lifted out of the dark waters of "crypto only". It has legit, non anonymous development and genuine interest outside this board and the general crypto "community". The team should take whatever time they need to get this done right, the less weak hands holding IOC the better. Also I find it very reassuring that the team doesn't hold that much IOC themselves, enough to make it worth their while but too little to kill the coin with dumping on a rise (they wouldn't do that, but you get my point)

Patience is key. When the day comes the announcement is made that a VC company has invested in this coin you should hang on to your butt because we will have serious liftoff. I've been long enough into this game to pick winners with a certain amount of accuracy, please be patient. The team will deliver and don't fall into the manipulation trap of a few stupid bots suppressing the price on Bittrex.

Volume right now is low, so a mere .5 BTC sell will impact the price a lot percentage wise (as does a .5 btc buy) but getting worked up over 15% price increase or decrease is fruitless considering the volume. People are holding and we are under the radar, some sharks are playing newbies to con them out of their coins. Don't be a victim.

Really fantastic reply Springfield.  Lots of good points.  Regarding the price getting beaten down daily, would it not be much better for the people who are trying to manipulate the price lower, for them to keep it higher?  Growth is much better than this constant killing of the coin time after time, so i do not see any point purpose or value for these people to keep doing this to IOC.

I just hope that the people selling are not able to buy back cheaper, i think its safe to say, they are buying and selling to themself, as clearly the sold coins are not going to "strong" hands as the sell side always shows just under 1 million coins, the balances never get smaller on bittrex either.

The point i was making when mentioning the IOC team should hold more coins, is the fact that they should be buying coins at these low prices and then prevent the coins from staying in the dumpers hands and also, as importantly, staking the coins and getting staking back over 50%.

Activity: 966
Merit: 550
Really excited about DIONS, been such a long, long time in development, i hope there is light at the end of the tunnel and it will soon be released.

Also, you guys are quiet on twitter, was hoping to hear some news about the VC meeting, is that still taking place?

Many thanks.

Hi,

VC meeting was last week. They are genuine interested and we are working on an investment proposal / business plan.
This not only involves the investment, but also about our mission, vision and community. A lot to think and write about.
This can take some time as you can imagine. When it is done we are asked to send it to the VC.

Cheers
Richard

On this post #2511  on the 23rd December, you guys already say you had a business plan.

"Next week i have an important conference call with a venture capitalist that is genuine interested in I/O Digital. They are known as one of the largest incubators / investors of Bitcoin / Blockchain related projects / companies. They contacted us. We have created an investment / business plan for them to consider and we are going to talk about that the next weeks.

Question: Did you decide not to use this plan or did they want you to create another one?

After talking to them we decided to enhance the plan and add more valuable and important content. Learning as we go!

cheers
Richard

Fantastic work Richard, when you are trying to catch the BIG fish, it takes time to learn what bait to use.  Lets hope the content will satisfy and the community here will have some very good news soon.  

We need the developments ready and the content done asap to keep the price above 3k.  

Also the IOC team needs to own IOC coins, you need much more than you have now, its the only way you can beat the dumpers!

As much as I like your enthusiasm in this thread, I must tell you that you are wrong in demanding an ETA for DIONS. Please let all the impatient people dump, can't you see there is manipulation going on? This might very well be the first coin that gets lifted out of the dark waters of "crypto only". It has legit, non anonymous development and genuine interest outside this board and the general crypto "community". The team should take whatever time they need to get this done right, the less weak hands holding IOC the better. Also I find it very reassuring that the team doesn't hold that much IOC themselves, enough to make it worth their while but too little to kill the coin with dumping on a rise (they wouldn't do that, but you get my point)

Patience is key. When the day comes the announcement is made that a VC company has invested in this coin you should hang on to your butt because we will have serious liftoff. I've been long enough into this game to pick winners with a certain amount of accuracy, please be patient. The team will deliver and don't fall into the manipulation trap of a few stupid bots suppressing the price on Bittrex.

Volume right now is low, so a mere .5 BTC sell will impact the price a lot percentage wise (as does a .5 btc buy) but getting worked up over 15% price increase or decrease is fruitless considering the volume. People are holding and we are under the radar, some sharks are playing newbies to con them out of their coins. Don't be a victim.

Im the One who Knocks.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Cheers
Richard

cheers
Richard

Blockchain!!!

Many thanks.

Hi,

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard thank you for your reply.  Just one question.

On this post #2511  on the 23rd December, you guys already say you had a business plan.

cheers
Richard
Jump to: