Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 28. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
It's finally starting guys. Where's the hype?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
At the iocoin.io site, it says this:

"The IOC Blockchain can carry up to 1MB data storage per 60 Second blocks while maintaining 2MB size blocks
per IOC tx, for up to 2MB Blocks,  20X more transaction capacity than Bitcoin and Ethereum. IOC fuels all DAPPS
(Decentralized Applications) via customized API, with a minimum tx fee of .01 IOC per TX. Companies who stake 10K IOC
could enjoy up to 50% or more tx fee refunds while helping to secure the blockchain.
For more info Contact the I/O Digital Foundation"

What did the team mean by the bolded part?

It means you earn tx fees for staking the coins, which would recoup some of the fees you pay when you message.  

Oh...I thought it had something to do with being a node or something.

lol...well, I'll hodl then, damnit!

EDIT: looks like there is more info on staking, see below for Joel's post!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

"The IOC Blockchain can carry up to 1MB data storage per 60 Second blocks while maintaining 2MB size blocks
per IOC tx, for up to 2MB Blocks,  20X more transaction capacity than Bitcoin and Ethereum. IOC fuels all DAPPS
(Decentralized Applications) via customized API, with a minimum tx fee of .01 IOC per TX. Companies who stake 10K IOC
could enjoy up to 50% or more tx fee refunds while helping to secure the blockchain.

It means you earn tx fees for staking the coins, which would recoup some of the fees you pay when you message. 

per IOC tx, for up to 2MB Blocks,  20X more transaction capacity than Bitcoin and Ethereum. IOC fuels all DAPPS

Activity: 190
Merit: 100
CryptoDetective
Looking forward to the release of DIONS.
I hope it releases by next week, the release will result in a boost in price, which will attract people to see it for themselves.
Could go viral, I like the Japan plan too, Nippon Daisuki.
Activity: 98
I'm so ready, I've been waiting on this coin for a while now. 
Activity: 93
My body is ready  Cool Great job dev, looking forward to DIONS. Sort of new to the project but you guys appear professional af to me and I respect that. I hope it's everything you say it is and more!
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
Update

Final Home stretch, to do received total per DIONs hover addition, lorum ipsum splash language to english, then finish install boot strap script. Wallet and DIONS will be completed and ready for the last install test to make sure all wallets install good and sync. On friday meeting to go over marketing and send infographics to be designed and have ready on block call. Looking Good Folks

For the ones that were asking, when you register your private alias it will be encrypted at first. At that point you can attach any document to it and keep it private within your wallet or transfer it. If you want to register an alias to be public to send and receive IOC you need to first check to make sure nobody has already registered that name or if you try to decrypt an encrypted alias it won’t be possible if someone has already taken the name publicly. You can check for this in wallet or explorer. When we encrypt an alias we are essentially also safeguarding from a known attack.

To clarify we always had this in place as part of our unique alias architecture.

Next to this we are adding some focus to our communication and started an twitter account for the Japanese markets. Dev team updates and foundation will be translated for the Japanese market. We will also create infographics in other languages to support the DIONS launch. Especially our unique secure decentralized messaging through Blockchain is something very interesting for the Asian markets. Other will follow as well.

Thanks All,

Team IOC Blockchain
the current Mac IOCoin wallet is not even able to sync the blockchain. It always crashes @ 56 %

Just download teh blockchain from their github in rar format and add it to the wallet folder.
Activity: 202
Merit: 103
the current Mac IOCoin wallet is not even able to sync the blockchain. It always crashes @ 56 %
legendary
pretty clear answer. ppl wont jump in until it gets to 5 6 bucks , rt now this is fire sale prices.

Well, there was a lot of $5 talk when BTC was only $600.  I would not be surprised if we see a $15-$20 coin.  That would still be cheap if compared to percentage of BTC if they both rose the same.  No idea if it reach that high, but would not bet against it.
legendary
Is I/O Coin undervalued?

Does anyone ever say no?

Summery:

Very unique approach to this coin and just about to launch a brilliant wallet with messaging and ability to save and transfer files through the blockchain.  Easy interface, excellent features and very good Dev team. 

You can decide what the value should be.....
Is I/O Coin undervalued?
legendary
Is there a release date for DIONS?

They are getting close.  Still some testing and bootstrap for wallet to go. 
Activity: 202
Merit: 103
Is there a release date for DIONS?
Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team
I took a look at the src. Are there unit tests? I couldnt find any dions tests.. please make sure you do these they are important for when people place trust in your system with real money.

There also may be a fairly serious MITM attack possible it seems with the creation of dion aliases. You will need to seperate the creation of your alias into 2 steps. First you will need a reservation tx that will send the hash of the alias data to the chain and then use that as input for the alias/dions that represents the hash. This will remove the attack vector. Now im not sure if because you are forcing everyone to create encrypted aliases before making them public solves the issue, but the idea is that someone would be watching for alias creation txs and simply frontrun squat the alias hoping his tx reaches the miner first. Have you thought about this?

Overall good job lots of work put in. Im not familiar with your message and relay system enough to understand if its good at a code level but overall it seems fairly tightly related to an older syscoin/namecoin codebase implementation. The only attack that may be possible found was the aformentioned one. Its a pretty easy fix and isnt that bad if noone is creating the dions on a mainnet or trying to steal the names. If it is truly an issue it may become an issue if left unresolved. I believe emer has the same issue but they have ignored it for now. Gjob looking fwd on seeing it in action!

Jag

We are Not sure what to say about this message, please make sure to understand the code before making comments. We are not even using a qt as a wallet that should tell you allot about our work ethics. We are extremely busy and would appreciate you refrain from making baseless claims and guesses that scare our holders. We don't go into syscoin forum and scare your holders or fud. If you have legitimate concerns after you truly understand our code, use the proper channels to communicate with us.

Thank You
legendary
Haven't seen another project out there that I think took other people's money more seriously than IOC.   That is about the last item I am worried about here.
Activity: 106
Merit: 1
While I'm not on the core team I will try to get a response, the team is so focused on security and have spent many months testing, there will also be a live video with questions and answers. Feel free to join the slack , I'm confident that DIONS will be released with no compromise on security.

I took a look at the src. Are there unit tests? I couldnt find any dions tests.. please make sure you do these they are important for when people place trust in your system with real money.

There also may be a fairly serious MITM attack possible it seems with the creation of dion aliases. You will need to seperate the creation of your alias into 2 steps. First you will need a reservation tx that will send the hash of the alias data to the chain and then use that as input for the alias/dions that represents the hash. This will remove the attack vector. Now im not sure if because you are forcing everyone to create encrypted aliases before making them public solves the issue, but the idea is that someone would be watching for alias creation txs and simply frontrun squat the alias hoping his tx reaches the miner first. Have you thought about this?

Overall good job lots of work put in. Im not familiar with your message and relay system enough to understand if its good at a code level but overall it seems fairly tightly related to an older syscoin/namecoin codebase implementation. The only attack that may be possible found was the aformentioned one. Its a pretty easy fix and isnt that bad if noone is creating the dions on a mainnet or trying to steal the names. If it is truly an issue it may become an issue if left unresolved. I believe emer has the same issue but they have ignored it for now. Gjob looking fwd on seeing it in action!

Jag
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

Jag
Activity: 106
Merit: 1
From ioc telegram,  exciting times ahead.

the IOC team has other plans in the future for a commercial company that needs a good Blockchain. We are not building the IOC chain just for others. We create this chain also for our own future business to use. We only trust something we know every detail about. We know is secure, stable, fast and full of features we need. Again, yes we will market more visible when DIONS is out. No need to worry guys.

Pages:
Jump to: