Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 35. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the explanation kb4scv!

So there is definitely a ton of new awesome tech, and it looks like it will indeed be built on top of a POS style blockchain.

Is it safe to say they have addressed some of the limitations with the current blockchain tech in order to make IOC scalable?

blocktime is at 60 seconds so already 10x faster than btc.

legendary
Activity: 966

So there is definitely a ton of new awesome tech, and it looks like it will indeed be built on top of a POS style blockchain.

Is it safe to say they have addressed some of the limitations with the current blockchain tech in order to make IOC scalable?

That is as I understand it so far.  One of the IOC guys would be best to confirm or elaborate.

My gut feeling is the only issue so far would be that the coin supply is limited if this becomes in high demand.  I normally do not like to advocate for more coins, but I really think that IOC might run into that problem.  It is an issue with one of the big coins (high value) that I believe is holding the usage back, might be the same here.

Can reserve judgement on that one until this gets out there.  I guess that would be a good problem for many of us.
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
nice post man very informative. thank you. Fish
Activity: 111
Merit: 10

legendary
The way I understand this so far is:

The HTML wallet will essentially be a gateway to allow information to be embedded in the chain and stored in the chain as preserved by the continuous building of the blockchain.

People will be able to use IOC as a server environment without having to need a server sitting in a warehouse somewhere by virtue of the nodes online and staking.

Wallets will be able to be identified with a name instead of a key. 

There is a chat (messaging) feature that will enable someone to either broadcast across the network or broadcast to a selected group through the blockchain.  Again, no fixed servers needed.

There will be API access to the wallet to allow program (apps) to be made with the purpose of using the IOC blockchain to enable transfer of information through the blockchain (same as chat, but with personalized info)

Each of these functions requires IOC to make it work and the fees for entering the blockchain are paid back to the staking wallets that allow all this to work.

Please feel free to correct anything here if it is not right.  This is just what I get from the first info page.

I would say that as far as the chain technology, there is no real new stuff.  As far as how the chain is used, a lot of stuff to make the chain able to be used by every day people.  (something that is sorely needed in the coin world)

I am still blown away that this project is not much more popular than it is.  I think it will catch a lot of people by surprise when DIONS come out here shortly and people start figuring out what it can be used for.

I keep up with as many of these coins as I can, and this one is the most promising of the projects after the big two or three that everyone knows about.  I am as excited about DIONS as I was about $2800 Bitcoin.

There was a lot of talk about this coin being a $5 coin a while back.  That would seem to be a very low bar considering the money coming into coins now, covering that aspect of IOC as well.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Hey guys I am hoping someone can help clarify the underlying blockchain technology that IO Coin uses...

I see that the old wallet is just a standard QT wallet like all the bitcoin clones use but that wallet will be discontinued in favor of the HTML wallet.

But the HTML wallet can also take the same wallet.dat file as from the old wallet.

So I don't understand, is there new technology here or not? Will I/O coin be using the standard bitcoinesque blockchain and have additions built on top if it, or will there be totally new tech coming at some point?

Thanks!
Activity: 840
So I invested 11k in anticipation of the DIONS.

My average stake is 0.1 per day, that's 7 cents per day.
25.55 USD per year.

Is this an accurate figure? If yes this coin is like LBRY to much inflation into the wrong hands.
Even a bank gives me 0.5% interest which is  55 bucks a year, double of what IOC does....

Another question
Is it Bittrex or the network. Everytime I withdraw it takes an hour to get it into my wallet.
Bittrex shows me TX id and if i look it up it's nowhere to be found. in the explorer

I had the same with polo and blackcoin, but I would assume if IOC is way faster?
maximum staking rate is 2%...with approx. with half of all IOC coins staking the most you will earn 1%.  if you have 11,000 ioc...you should earn 110 ioc per year...think that's almost $90 per year at current exchange
if you have $11k usd worth of ioc...maybe slightly different calculation....depends when you bought it but it should be earning again 1% or $110 per year.
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
So I invested 11k in anticipation of the DIONS.

My average stake is 0.1 per day, that's 7 cents per day.
25.55 USD per year.

Is this an accurate figure? If yes this coin is like LBRY to much inflation into the wrong hands.
Even a bank gives me 0.5% interest which is  55 bucks a year, double of what IOC does....

Another question
Is it Bittrex or the network. Everytime I withdraw it takes an hour to get it into my wallet.
Bittrex shows me TX id and if i look it up it's nowhere to be found. in the explorer

I had the same with polo and blackcoin, but I would assume if IOC is way faster?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Super excited about DIONS. Hoping I can finally get my coins staking properly with it, but buying more in the meantime either way.

Also thankful for this coin shining a light on exactly how shitty poloniex is, have moved everything out of there and won't be going back.
legendary
Lol, or everyone dumps out!
legendary
Well, interesting times now.  IOC will likely benefit now from also being an affordable gateway into BTC....   I am thinking $5 is way too cheap now.
legendary
Still waiting patiently.  I really, really want to see working DIONS.  Have a bunch of things I would like to try to do with it.  Will be fun.  Love waiting for toys!
Activity: 468
Merit: 250
If $LISK did it, $IOC will do it too!! I expect a next leg up to 80k-100k or more  Grin
legendary
I would say we are entering a golden age of Bitcoin.  IOC is going to love it!
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
DEV Update:

We have completed the pull to our Private Github for DIONS. During this period we are going to have our code reviewed while we continue to finish wallet testing for release. The code will be private still during this short term period while review. Once review is complete we will open source the code as we had promised.

We have reached out to Bittrex and they will get first look and some industry known and respected Blockchain developers.
We also reached out to Poloniex and they have been advised.

We will update once again after the review is complete.

Thanks Everyone
Polo is dog shit, I dont understand why you reach out to them for anything. They have treated the community with great disrespect. I say for the record Fuck polo. When someone knocks you down do you stand up smiling and ask for another wack. Fish
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Wow, great news! Can't wait for the release.
Activity: 560
Hi All,

Yesterday we had a team meeting with all of our country managers and IOC core team members.

It was a long and fruitful team meeting last night where we discussed the final review of the DIONS code which is now being reviewed by an external well known developer before it goes off to Bittrex and Poloniex for review followed by the Github release. We are in the final stages.

The final finishing touches are being made to the wallet and a new marketing initiative which will provide a lot of new information, promotional and instructional videos, an IOC giveaway and details of future IOC developments will coincide with the DIONS release. What is DIONS? please read-up here: www.iodigital.io/dions

We are working on a release timeline as we speak and the team is doing everything possible to support the launch

- We have ridden the storm and are nearly at the harbor gate -

the next few weeks are going to be very eventful!

Be sure to join our Slack channel on www.iodigital.io/slack

We will also introduce a new I/O Coin website. Here are some screenshots:

Be ready for a great June!

Team I/O Digital

Very nice update like always...
Activity: 365
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology
Thank you very much for a great update Richard
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
Hi All,

Yesterday we had a team meeting with all of our country managers and IOC core team members.

It was a long and fruitful team meeting last night where we discussed the final review of the DIONS code which is now being reviewed by an external well known developer before it goes off to Bittrex and Poloniex for review followed by the Github release. We are in the final stages.

The final finishing touches are being made to the wallet and a new marketing initiative which will provide a lot of new information, promotional and instructional videos, an IOC giveaway and details of future IOC developments will coincide with the DIONS release. What is DIONS? please read-up here: www.iodigital.io/dions

We are working on a release timeline as we speak and the team is doing everything possible to support the launch

- We have ridden the storm and are nearly at the harbor gate -

the next few weeks are going to be very eventful!

Be sure to join our Slack channel on www.iodigital.io/slack

We will also introduce a new I/O Coin website. Here are some screenshots:

Be ready for a great June!

Team I/O Digital
legendary
Waiting for the right price to buy may end in never buying IOC. I think BTC will have a correction and may fall (1600?) but then all altcoins will go up. I'd say IOC under 1$ is a good investment.

There will be someone weakhanding it into my lap, I'm confident about that.
always, but how much and how cheap ? before polo delist there seemed to be a lot of accumulation going on...whale releasing large qty...wouldn't say dumping but slow controled release. after delist we've had a period of trading where astute traders firmed up holdings and profit. now we seem to be trading in a range...guessing more accumulation.

average staking 50% or more , almost 1/2 million coins maybe lost. leaves at best 7- 8 million tokens in the wild

It certainly looks like those who like IOC are not letting it go.  It has held up very well with BTC rising so much.  Hoping the realization by the coin world about what IOC is bringing to the table will cause demand for the coin.  I am always skeptical when it comes to coins with so much speculation in them, but this is a project with very real potential to be adopted and it close to coming to market.  Closer than many who are still working at their ideas. 

Still think there are many, many people who are not understanding what IOC will enable for use of coins.  If it all goes well, they will figure it out shortly.
Pages:
Jump to: