Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 66. (Read 719184 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
How do you see revenue coming into the coin?  

Businesses that want to use the block-chain buying into the coin to pay for transactions, or ppl that want to use businesses with the block chain buying into the coin to get goods and services?  Or, both?

I know buying the alias' will be one stream.  Do you guys envision much more than that?

Just curious.  I would think enough businesses buying their alias' would stream revenue into the coin, but the ppl that want to conduct transactions would also need at least a small amount for the back and forth, correct?

I am wondering, because of all these coins that are going to a node system within the coin system, would IOC eventually use the open business wallets as nodes to run the network?  

If the wallet uses an open API to allow programs to interface, could ppl have transactions that are controlled by the business side software and still utilize the coin?  

I am kinda envisioning businesses having to provide a wallet for clients and maybe even providing the transaction fee from their side just so the technology can be used even from ppl on the outside looking in. (which is what we should all want to draw ppl into coins)

Will wait for this all to be launched and see how it works.  Right now, just thinking out loud about what can be done with it. This, to me, is by far the most interesting of the coins out there right now, not just because of the coin and the wallet, but because you guys are consistent and structured, which most are not.

Optimistically watching and waiting!

Edit:  Maybe an option to pay return transaction fee from the business side?  (Again, have to see how this works when you get it out there, I may be way off in guessing here, have not had time to pay full attention to coins for a while)

legendary
Question:  Is there the possibility down the road that the message feature will allow auto-responses?  I want to buy a widget from you, so I send a payment IOC along with a purchase order form (assuming you can make a form and send it), and then the wallet upon receipt of payment, auto sends a reply? 

Just trying to envision how this will be used practically.  I like where this is going to not only make and track payments, but to also be a way to move info around without worrying about a server somewhere.

Either way, will definitely be playing with this when you get it out there.  Thank you.

That should be possible but a little different then explained / thought.
We will have an open API. If you write a program and have a wallet running of IOC, you can have that program check the local wallet if a payment came in. You can then see who that payment was from and let your program connect to the API and send a message to the payee.
You only have to pay a little IOC fee to send the message. This payment is redistributed amongst the stakers.

Would this work for you?

Richard

Yes.  Could see using this for business very well.  Cannot wait to work with IOC to see what we can make it do.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
Question:  Is there the possibility down the road that the message feature will allow auto-responses?  I want to buy a widget from you, so I send a payment IOC along with a purchase order form (assuming you can make a form and send it), and then the wallet upon receipt of payment, auto sends a reply? 

Just trying to envision how this will be used practically.  I like where this is going to not only make and track payments, but to also be a way to move info around without worrying about a server somewhere.

Either way, will definitely be playing with this when you get it out there.  Thank you.

That should be possible but a little different then explained / thought.
We will have an open API. If you write a program and have a wallet running of IOC, you can have that program check the local wallet if a payment came in. You can then see who that payment was from and let your program connect to the API and send a message to the payee.
You only have to pay a little IOC fee to send the message. This payment is redistributed amongst the stakers.

Would this work for you?

Richard
legendary

legendary
Outstanding.  Careful though, Microsoft will buy you out!
Blockchain!!!
UPDATE

Now we are getting somewhere.

We are Beta testing the decentralized chat invite from wallet to wallet and actually chat (encrypted) with somebody though the Blockchain. Wallet 2 Wallet - > It all worked great. This is LIVE on our testnet. DIONS works! See screens.

With this feature you can send messages to another IOC holder through the Blockchain. These messages can be encrypted as well so they are not visible for the general public in the Blockchain.

With this feature we could possibly create a "decentralized Twitter".
We can then send tweets to the Blockchain, reply to them and get them out of the Blockchain to view on a public website.
Difference with Twitter is that there is no central authority that can intervene / get it offline or delete messages that are stored.

We are finishing up some cosmetic stuff in the wallet.
At the same time we are adding some more interaction logic to keep the functionality easy as possible.

Chat invite

Actual sending messages to eachother

Have a nice day!

Team I/O Digital
legendary
I'm perfectly happy with them getting everything up and running and in a manner that they are happy with before the world knows about the project.  Should work better that way.

Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
Hey Smiley

I just seen something (in the previous posts) i did not know existed, just wondering why. 
But as usual IOC, being silent, so will just have to guess , when other people ask me about it.

Activity: 523
Merit: 250
I was trying to understand the reasoning behind it.   It  seems a little too forward thinking to be talking about foundations, board members and such at this stage, but as i have no idea what is going on with IOC, then i presume it has something to do with the future business structure of the coin.

i know some of the sacrifices being made here, so fully agree with your comment, that person knows sod all and is talking trash.

What purpose is this membership for?  I have never seen it in crypto before, just curious, plain and simple  Smiley

Hi, long time to see you!
legendary
No reason not to be thinking big.  Too many start like a Jack-rabbit and then hit the wall.  Other's start with grand plans and fall short.  If you are going to think like a King, plan like one!  They may make it or not, but not for lack of vision or effort it would seem.

Im the One who Knocks.
I was trying to understand the reasoning behind it.   It  seems a little too forward thinking to be talking about foundations, board members and such at this stage, but as i have no idea what is going on with IOC, then i presume it has something to do with the future business structure of the coin.

i know some of the sacrifices being made here, so fully agree with your comment, that person knows sod all and is talking trash.

What purpose is this membership for?  I have never seen it in crypto before, just curious, plain and simple  Smiley
legendary
Yeah, shame on you guys for thinking ahead!  (Keep it up)
Im the One who Knocks.
http://www.iodigital.io/membership/

Who ever thought of this........  bad move....

https://twitter.com/WhalePanda/status/795273092016865280

"Said it before and I'll say it again: $IOC is being run by a highly unethical person trying a desperate money grab.  $200k yearly fee. Right " WhalePanda on Twitter.

Why did you guys decide to come up with this idea? I think it was way too early to be even thinking about something like this.
The coin has very little exposure/following and you think people will pay to be a board member.

Also have someone look at that write up.

You can be "on" a board,  not "in" it.
Blockchain!!!
I like this project, and the way the Dev team handle themselves.
I understand that they have sacrificed to get this project to where it is. Most projects now have some form of ICO to get some funds to the team to work on the project.

Is there anyway this could be done to help the team of I/O coin?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. All help is appreciated.
If you can DM me what specific skills you have or maybe you already have an idea of helping out, then please contact me.
You can also subscribe to our slack channel www.iodigital.io/slack and contact me (richard) there as well.

Thanks again
Richard
Activity: 523
Merit: 250
It will be really legend case of blockchain.

good.
Activity: 623
Merit: 279
Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

Thats a very impressive update right there, probably one, if not the best i have read in crypto.
Looks like IOC could be the #1 Choice after BTC in the Netherlands who are BIG blockchain advocates.

Well done $IOC.
legendary
Activity: 1190
I like this project, and the way the Dev team handle themselves.
I understand that they have sacrificed to get this project to where it is. Most projects now have some form of ICO to get some funds to the team to work on the project.

Is there anyway this could be done to help the team of I/O coin?
Activity: 724
How to join the beta test?
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
DIONS UPDATE - October 28th, 2016

Our latest test on messaging have been coming together nicely,   encrypted rsa messages are showing in our chat layout per (RSA) friend, also the view with messages being sent and received are listed by contact. We need to add glue in the UI to support contact invite / accept procedure and it will be ready for pure RSA message tweeting type chat and in changing looking more like like an encrypted Skype to be more precise. This with accept & invite. Messages that are unsolicited are already working, we have a list of contacts, if the contact is new it has the status such as 'hi i'd like to connect' the contact is then accepted and 2 way RSA chat is ready to go.  Today we continued and made several structure changes to provide info on contact status using the daemon showing contacts as confirmed or not, and tomorrow we need to update the UI css and button controls for accepting invitations etc while keeping the UI 'thin' with heavy lifting utils in the daemon. We had  to also provide info structure in back end for contact confirmation status. (edited)

This were the latest updates improvements we made to the front end and back end based on our beta test findings.

Thanks Everyone

Joel
Pages:
Jump to: