Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 70. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
But i can imagine Joel becoming the Mayor of Miami and saving the town millions each year due to the IOC blockchain and entering Forbes top 100 innovators list!

That is an ambitious prediction...

That said, I have been wondering how to get local politics involved in crypto.  I live in a much smaller town and one that is considerably more liberal than Miami...
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
Great News on the Trademark.  Would love to see if anyone can name another alt coin who hag got a trademark other than the obvious (ethereum, bitcoin, litecoin).

Also interesting tweet for sure https://twitter.com/simonlporter/status/781233437667721217

Simon Porter is the Vice PResident for IBM Europe talking about how it would be great to "partner Together".

I wish i could travel in time to see where $IOC will be in a year from now.  But i can imagine Joel becoming the Mayor of Miami and saving the town millions each year due to the IOC blockchain and entering Forbes top 100 innovators list!
Activity: 285
Merit: 251

I/O DIGITAL TRADEMARK PROCESS IS NOW LIVE

Today we write another chapter in our story, we have gone live in TESS for our I/O Digital trademark. This solidifies the long commitment that we have with our project and community. As the founder I wanted to make a blockchain that people could be proud of. A blockchain that would be accessible to many and that we could maintain a level of professionalism throughout it’s lifetime. Yes we are a small team but we do work very hard. All steps taken are very serious steps to ensure the security and longevity of our project. I want to thank once again everyone that's part of our community and our so dedicated dev team.

DIONS UPDATE
As a development update we have added added an all-in-one "quick" name creation api call. This should allow the UI now to just have a single button click name creation which will make it easier for the user and my UI work. Today we ran some tests on the encapsulated name create function and works fine. We are now in process of adding the button. Little cleanup changes we are around the corner to beta folks, so we will update again on Friday.  

Thanks Everyone

Joel

It is very cool!!! Congratulations!
Activity: 686
Merit: 503

I/O DIGITAL TRADEMARK PROCESS IS NOW LIVE

Today we write another chapter in our story, we have gone live in TESS for our I/O Digital trademark. This solidifies the long commitment that we have with our project and community. As the founder I wanted to make a blockchain that people could be proud of. A blockchain that would be accessible to many and that we could maintain a level of professionalism throughout it’s lifetime. Yes we are a small team but we do work very hard. All steps taken are very serious steps to ensure the security and longevity of our project. I want to thank once again everyone that's part of our community and our so dedicated dev team.

DIONS UPDATE
As a development update we have added added an all-in-one "quick" name creation api call. This should allow the UI now to just have a single button click name creation which will make it easier for the user and my UI work. Today we ran some tests on the encapsulated name create function and works fine. We are now in process of adding the button. Little cleanup changes we are around the corner to beta folks, so we will update again on Friday.  

Thanks Everyone

Joel
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
DIONS Beta testing must be coming along well, been some decent buys on $IOC. 

Get it while its cheep cheep.  Grin

Hey whats the guy from Preacher doing here >  Lips sealed

Still curious what Web Based = Centralized means.  Not knocking it, just want to know.
Im the One who Knocks.
DIONS Beta testing must be coming along well, been some decent buys on $IOC. 

Get it while its cheep cheep.  Grin

Hey whats the guy from Preacher doing here >  Lips sealed
legendary
win10 was free for a year if you had 8.

I think it was free for at least 6 months. I did try Win10, hated it, its 100% full on Spy wear from microsoft. Not to mention how more un-user friendly it all is.  So i reverted back to win 8.1, which i have to say i am very happy with.

Also for people posting "it works great on my OS"  I CLEARLY stated, i wanted to hear from Windows 8.1 Users/stakers only.  As it seems like this is the OS that could be the issue.

But, no worries, i will wait for new HTML 5 wallet, hopefully Santa will bring me one.

I think web based wallets are good. Windows 10 broke alot of stuff in the last update

Web based = Centralized.

IOC is aiming for 100% decentralized (i think) but then again, i think i did hear something about a web based wallet.  At the end of the day, its often best to give the public what they want.

What does WEB Base = Centralized mean? 

What language an app is written in to run does not make it centralized or not.  Client side scripting works much more toward decentralization.  Forcing the app to run on client instead of server is the very definition of decentralized.  I am not familiar with how the wallets are coded at all, but they have to rely on calls to the network in general to retrieve information.  That can either be a call to a server somewhere (Centralized) or a general broadcast through the nodes to any wallets listening to get block chain info sent back for an update.  This type of info system has been around for a fairly long time, used in telecom to route info through networks with multiple pathways to help keep them from going down in the event of a lost node (or hardware in their case). 

If IOC, or any other coin, manages to make the network rely solely on open wallets to establish the network, that is as decentralized as it can get.  An HTML5 wallet is works very well to do this as that is how it is intended to be used in the first place.  Just have to hope enough people in the world have wallets and the internet remains open enough to connect to everyone who can load them and run 'em. 

The biggest hurdle, as I see it, is that the more info you pack into a wallet, the more opportunities you give bad apples to hack into the system.  That is the inherent danger in all of this.  (Why businesses keep info on secured servers at this point)  That is what all these teams are trying to achieve.  IOC seems to be getting there, that is why I am following them.  If they get it working in a sustainable, securable process, they win.  Simple as that.
Im the One who Knocks.

I think it was free for at least 6 months. I did try Win10, hated it, its 100% full on Spy wear from microsoft. Not to mention how more un-user friendly it all is.  So i reverted back to win 8.1, which i have to say i am very happy with.

Also for people posting "it works great on my OS"  I CLEARLY stated, i wanted to hear from Windows 8.1 Users/stakers only.  As it seems like this is the OS that could be the issue.

But, no worries, i will wait for new HTML 5 wallet, hopefully Santa will bring me one.

I think web based wallets are good. Windows 10 broke alot of stuff in the last update

Web based = Centralized.

IOC is aiming for 100% decentralized (i think) but then again, i think i did hear something about a web based wallet.  At the end of the day, its often best to give the public what they want.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Im the One who Knocks.

legendary
Activity: 840
mr whitebites....maybe we can take up collection and get you windows 10. through thick and thin you stuck with project and have done so much for this community. will you use it?  dang 8.1.....isn't windows 7 preferable to 8.1?...
btw is your connection wifi or hard wired?
Im the One who Knocks.

I did download the wallet for my windows 8 computer, it took 3 days to download blockchain, but for some reason on my windows 8.1 computer the wallet does not work very well. I always have problems when i come to open it, often the logo will appear with no text and it will just hang, maybe something the Dev team can look at.  Just a little bug that i am sure can be easily fixed.

It looks like it hangs. Are you using the bootstrap?
If you are, then it stays on that screen. It looks like its stuck, but its actually importing the bootstrap.
Can take 2 or three days. Next version will have a faster bootstrap. Also depends on the speed of your computer.

Richard

I downloaded the  latest wallet  (did not use a bootstrap)

It took 3 days to download blockchain  (as i did not have my computer on 24/7)

Then the next days when i went to start if for the first time, the logo would appear, with no text and thats it.  Just hanging.
this happened every day, until i moved the coins, yet again, from wallet back to the exchange.

It used to happen most of the time before also, this is the main reason i moved my coins to an exchange.

It is a bug with the wallet, my computer has very little programs on it, real bare bones stuff.

I'm sorry to hear this, but there  0 bugs with the wallet, please check  your OS or settings. I personally have 4 wallets running. OSX El capitan, Windows 10 all running perfect and have been for 2.4 years.

I will download another coins pos wallet and see what happens.

Would love to hear from other windows 8.1 users.  I even made sure the computer was fully started. Made breakfast and still when i turnes on wallet it would hang.  I was thinking i was trying ti start the wallet to quuckly or something.

Anyhow.  Must be my win8.1 OS.

Will wait for new wallet before i try again.
Activity: 686
Merit: 503

I did download the wallet for my windows 8 computer, it took 3 days to download blockchain, but for some reason on my windows 8.1 computer the wallet does not work very well. I always have problems when i come to open it, often the logo will appear with no text and it will just hang, maybe something the Dev team can look at.  Just a little bug that i am sure can be easily fixed.

If you are, then it stays on that screen. It looks like its stuck, but its actually importing the bootstrap.
Can take 2 or three days. Next version will have a faster bootstrap. Also depends on the speed of your computer.

Richard

Then the next days when i went to start if for the first time, the logo would appear, with no text and thats it.  Just hanging.
this happened every day, until i moved the coins, yet again, from wallet back to the exchange.

It used to happen most of the time before also, this is the main reason i moved my coins to an exchange.

It is a bug with the wallet, my computer has very little programs on it, real bare bones stuff.

I'm sorry to hear this, but there  0 bugs with the wallet, please check  your OS or settings. I personally have 4 wallets running. OSX El capitan, Windows 10 all running perfect and have been for 2.4 years.
Im the One who Knocks.

Richard

Activity: 527
Blockchain!!!

I did download the wallet for my windows 8 computer, it took 3 days to download blockchain, but for some reason on my windows 8.1 computer the wallet does not work very well. I always have problems when i come to open it, often the logo will appear with no text and it will just hang, maybe something the Dev team can look at.  Just a little bug that i am sure can be easily fixed.

Richard
Activity: 527
Blockchain!!!
definately not a typo sell. its illiquid mkt prolly someone had stops set and they gt tripped. no big deal

a stop would force someone to unload down to X price?  odd.

Also, CC, get your signature dude, its easy to add here. Smiley

correct. if i set a stop loss at 35k then i can say:

Sell my 50k IOC for a maximum of 25k when the highest bid order goes lower then 35k

So if that trigger hits, then my 50k IOC will get sold on the market at a price of 25k. So then everything in between gets sold into.
Often these triggers trigger others as well creating a flash crash. Often in BTC too.

But could be somebody unloaded due to the end of the month and needs to pay mortgage or rent. You will never know.
Im the One who Knocks.
definately not a typo sell. its illiquid mkt prolly someone had stops set and they gt tripped. no big deal

a stop would force someone to unload down to X price?  odd.

Also, CC, get your signature dude, its easy to add here. Smiley
Im the One who Knocks.
Huge Dump on poloniex down to 27,600 !!!!!! I can't believe that anyone would want to sell off like this,
i highly suspect someone accidentally clicked sell with a missing "0" and ended up dumping instead of placing a buy order before.
I know i have done this myself on poloniex, very costly mistake!

Looking on the bright side, i am sure the coins went to smart people who understand the future this coin has,
 so who ever is dumping is going to be crying in a few months thats for sure.

Hopefully staking will rise again, i see  44% only staking .

I did download the wallet for my windows 8 computer, it took 3 days to download blockchain, but for some reason on my windows 8.1 computer the wallet does not work very well. I always have problems when i come to open it, often the logo will appear with no text and it will just hang, maybe something the Dev team can look at.  Just a little bug that i am sure can be easily fixed.

Activity: 656
Buy a gun!
Looking forward to the tech you all bring to market Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: