Author

Topic: IOTA - page 193. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 152
October 24, 2017, 01:33:25 PM
was posted today in the german thread:

Today at 06:53:00 AM
Reply with quote  #2941
Infos zum Update von Dominik Schiener auf Slack:

@here, as a first step of the upgrade, the coordinator has already been turned on. We now release a new IRI version which will help the network to fully recover. The GUI release will be pushed out tomorrow (around 12:00CEST) and everything should go back to normal after that. *Keep in mind that the current GUI version is not compatible with this IRI release, as such don't try logging in to light wallet providers just yet.*
The blog post with further details on how to claim (for those affected) is currently being worked on and will be released together with the GUI tomorro

after the update the wallet should work, maybe u have to change the server - https://iotasupport.com/lightwallet.shtml - to get connected  Wink
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Information Sponge
October 24, 2017, 12:03:51 PM
Hi guy

Today, I try to use IOTA Light Wallet 2.5.1.

But , I can not use IOTA Wallet .

It always inform "could not connect to remote node" .

How can i fix it ?    or   Is there another way to transfer IOTA  at IOTA wallet ?

I believe they were doing some bugfixes and the network should be working normally again soon.  They are releasing a new wallet update so I think we will have to download that then generate addresses to restore balances.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 11:02:26 AM
Hi guy

Today, I try to use IOTA Light Wallet 2.5.1.

But , I can not use IOTA Wallet .

It always inform "could not connect to remote node" .

How can i fix it ?    or   Is there another way to transfer IOTA  at IOTA wallet ?
Activity: 146
Merit: 150
October 24, 2017, 10:43:29 AM
hi Team IOTA,
I can not find dev team, can you show me?
I'm waiting for IOTA to come up at bittrex.
Good luck.

https://forum.iota.org/t/list-of-the-publicly-known-iota-core-developers/2667
Most of them are all available on the Slack.

Activity: 32
October 24, 2017, 10:38:40 AM
fell in and outta love w.Iota but who knows ...love can always be reborn lol
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
October 24, 2017, 10:32:52 AM
[...]
[...]

They removed the team picture from the website. But there is a backup here:
https://imgur.com/JGdbN68.jpg

PS: Yes, CfB, no hard feelings if you moderate my post away
Activity: 8
October 24, 2017, 09:56:40 AM
hi Team IOTA,
I'm waiting for IOTA to come up at bittrex.
Good luck.
Activity: 84
October 24, 2017, 09:03:03 AM
is there already some info on the crowdsale?
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
October 24, 2017, 08:54:49 AM
IOTA’s zero fees are its most striking feature. This has led some to hope that IOTA could become the ultimate privacy coin, offering free, private transactions. However, there are several inherent barriers to implementing privacy in IOTA. Some potential approaches involve mixing your coins with those of others. But with no transaction fee, there is less to deter certain attacks against anonymity, such as Sybil attacks, or somebody disrupting a protocol and learning information about other users.

https://blog.iota.org/research-on-private-transactions-in-iota-cd546751e2c4
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
October 24, 2017, 08:37:24 AM
Guys, please advise,  are there any other exchanges besides bitfinex who offer IOTA trading?

Only Binance and Bitfinex offering IOTA/BTC and IOTA/USD trading now.
Activity: 70
October 24, 2017, 08:24:03 AM
Guys, please advise,  are there any other exchanges besides bitfinex who offer IOTA trading?
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
October 24, 2017, 04:03:23 AM
Full nodes were switched off by a petition of devs, now coordinator is back up and new GUI will be out today.
Activity: 1
October 24, 2017, 03:53:20 AM
Last transaction made 2 days ago - https://iotasear.ch/. Can't move IOTA any more. What is going on?
Activity: 6
October 24, 2017, 02:14:43 AM
still no change with IOTA? No transactions, no withdrawals?
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
October 24, 2017, 01:42:46 AM
Research on Private Transactions in IOTA
IOTA’s zero fees are its most striking feature. This has led some to hope that IOTA could become the ultimate privacy coin, offering free, private transactions. However, there are several inherent barriers to implementing privacy in IOTA. Some potential approaches involve mixing your coins with those of others.Anyone interested in privacy and anonymity is recommended to read it: https://blog.iota.org/research-on-private-transactions-in-iota-cd546751e2c4
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
October 23, 2017, 06:47:51 PM
The team is very active of social media posting good news about this project. It seems price is still pretty low as compare with market potential so that I start buying again.
The team is active and it is no doubt but the price is dumping so hard , i checked the price few days back and it was 0.5$ and today i see it is gliding between 0.3 and 0.32$. I don't expect such price speculation for coins backed with innovative ideas but it seems someone is filling up money in their pocket.
It really looks like many IOTA holders sell their coins to buy bitcoin as they see opportunity. Besides the problem of IOTA is lack of advertising - any good news is only known to a narrow circle of people. Besides welcome of new staff most of the news can be learned only from someone's article on a medium.
Why would someone sell at such low prices?
because he has too much of it I suppose. even if he believes in it... said but true. ones this nightmare is over this will skyrocket. i hope these wales are finished soon.
Activity: 70
October 23, 2017, 04:04:49 PM
The team is very active of social media posting good news about this project. It seems price is still pretty low as compare with market potential so that I start buying again.
The team is active and it is no doubt but the price is dumping so hard , i checked the price few days back and it was 0.5$ and today i see it is gliding between 0.3 and 0.32$. I don't expect such price speculation for coins backed with innovative ideas but it seems someone is filling up money in their pocket.
It really looks like many IOTA holders sell their coins to buy bitcoin as they see opportunity. Besides the problem of IOTA is lack of advertising - any good news is only known to a narrow circle of people. Besides welcome of new staff most of the news can be learned only from someone's article on a medium.
Why would someone sell at such low prices? Drawback of IOTA imo is a lack of simplicity, general public does not quite get what tangle is and how it works, besides that the work with the light wallet is not intutive at all.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
October 23, 2017, 01:24:43 PM
In the friends there to hear the project, and today it is just to see that the project gold content is high, for the distribution of work and token allocation and application of the scene is very clear, and the team background is clear enough; rare good project, Just missing the project's roadmap
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
October 23, 2017, 01:11:58 PM
Professor Joachim Taiber , born and raised in Germany, enjoyed his academic training at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETHZ), Switzerland, where he first graduated with a master degree in mechanical engineering in 1991 and then completed his PhD degree in Technical Sciences in 1996.

After his studies Dr. Taiber started his professional career at a Swiss software start-up company in 1995 in Zurich. He joined BMW Group in Munich, Germany, in 1997 as in-house consultant in the vehicle development division where he worked on different aspects of functional integration and validation of vehicle systems, vehicle electronics platforms as well as vehicle program management. He assisted the CEO as technology advisor and supported the CIO in a major reorganization of the IT division which resulted in holding different leadership positions in the areas of IT strategy, IT program management, IT innovation management and IT benchmarking.

https://blog.iota.org/welcome-joachim-taiber-to-iota-259f0a1aa34f
Jump to: