Author

Topic: IOTA - page 194. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 234
Merit: 10
October 23, 2017, 10:11:41 AM
If IOTA goes through with bank partnerships its going to get way bigger than it already is. Does anyone have any idea which banks they're in talks with?
How did you know IOTA is in talks with some banks? Any link to the article of this?
Activity: 532
Merit: 254
October 23, 2017, 10:06:09 AM
If IOTA goes through with bank partnerships its going to get way bigger than it already is. Does anyone have any idea which banks they're in talks with?
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
October 23, 2017, 09:50:35 AM
The team is very active of social media posting good news about this project. It seems price is still pretty low as compare with market potential so that I start buying again.
The team is active and it is no doubt but the price is dumping so hard , i checked the price few days back and it was 0.5$ and today i see it is gliding between 0.3 and 0.32$. I don't expect such price speculation for coins backed with innovative ideas but it seems someone is filling up money in their pocket.
It really looks like many IOTA holders sell their coins to buy bitcoin as they see opportunity. Besides the problem of IOTA is lack of advertising - any good news is only known to a narrow circle of people. Besides welcome of new staff most of the news can be learned only from someone's article on a medium.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
October 23, 2017, 04:54:00 AM
An update requested on nodes invalidating previous versions. If the term doesn't applies to the tangle please let me know what is it.

Then every snapshot we do a hardfork.

Thank you I get a grasp of it now. First mover advantage. Weighting this too.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
October 23, 2017, 04:38:05 AM
An update requested on nodes invalidating previous versions. If the term doesn't applies to the tangle please let me know what is it.

Then every snapshot we do a hardfork.
October 23, 2017, 04:33:56 AM
You are right. It's basically hardforking. The only question is why the design wasn't better from the start (your fault) or how is it still a 1B market given the unfinished product (Investors' fault with really big hopes and dream expectations...). It's a free market after all.

Why is it hardforking? What is your definition of "hardfork"?

An update requested on nodes invalidating previous versions. If the term doesn't apply to the tangle please let me know what is it.
legendary
October 23, 2017, 04:08:52 AM
You are right. It's basically hardforking. The only question is why the design wasn't better from the start (your fault) or how is it still a 1B market given the unfinished product (Investors' fault with really big hopes and dream expectations...). It's a free market after all.

Why is it hardforking? What is your definition of "hardfork"?
October 23, 2017, 03:57:34 AM

Ethereum is currently going through hardforks, now its marketcap is a whole lot bigger than 1 billion

If you make comparison regarding any particular subject I'll judge you incompetent on the matter. This being said I don't like ETH too much either.
I don't have to be convinced too both are shortable and If I'm not a strong advocate about this practice in crypto (usually more profit being long) I'll short one or both in a trading range or adequate market. In the grand scheme of things I hope alternative concepts like the tangle will make it but not for my short term profits.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
October 23, 2017, 03:49:24 AM

Ethereum is currently going through hardforks, now its marketcap is a whole lot bigger than 1 billion
October 23, 2017, 03:39:08 AM
legendary
October 23, 2017, 03:27:28 AM
So it looks like full nodes "agreed" to be turned off to process update Huh

This is standard tactics in cryptoindustry. How do you think updates happen?
October 23, 2017, 03:07:48 AM

Anybody knows what's the problem with bitfinex? I cannot withdraw my IOTA. Few days ago when I was trying to withdraw it was saying my IOTA address is wrong and since yesterday there is a message on bitfinex stating: "Notice: Withdrawals for this currency are currently unavailable."

The IOTA network is temporarily offline due to bug fixes. Just wait one or two days.

What do you mean by "the network is offline" exactly ?

So it looks like full nodes "agreed" to be turned off to process update Huh How much there is ? How this can even be performed. Congratulation to the ICO participants who made it from 500k$ to 3B$ for a 6000X ! If the network can be turned off this easily this thread deserves to be on Visatalk or Paypaltalk not here. If you blame btcg for the dump I assure you it's a hell of a deal to be able to dump at .3$ .03$ or even .003$ Have you ever heard off Bitcoin network being turned off for maintenance ? (and don't come with the rollback from 2011 Smiley )
Activity: 398
Merit: 100
October 23, 2017, 02:48:53 AM
down to .31 usd buying massive amounts

I recognise this as typical for a situation that BTC is about to blow massively higher while Alts are tanking. But when Bitcoin has blasted higher (not a couple of $1,000s, but multiples), those beaten Alts will make new millionaires. Those that are buying (extra) now.
I hope so.... IOTA holders went through hell during last weeks...

exactly . I see my capital dropping day after day after day with these bitcoin forking things ..
maybe someone should iota to iota gold Smiley

Seems like an interesting idea. Though, a bit late as the forking nearly end.
October 23, 2017, 02:42:15 AM

Anybody knows what's the problem with bitfinex? I cannot withdraw my IOTA. Few days ago when I was trying to withdraw it was saying my IOTA address is wrong and since yesterday there is a message on bitfinex stating: "Notice: Withdrawals for this currency are currently unavailable."

The IOTA network is temporarily offline due to bug fixes. Just wait one or two days.

What do you mean by "the network is offline" exactly ?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
October 23, 2017, 12:22:29 AM
The team is very active of social media posting good news about this project. It seems price is still pretty low as compare with market potential so that I start buying again.
The team is active and it is no doubt but the price is dumping so hard , i checked the price few days back and it was 0.5$ and today i see it is gliding between 0.3 and 0.32$. I don't expect such price speculation for coins backed with innovative ideas but it seems someone is filling up money in their pocket.
Activity: 6
October 22, 2017, 11:55:35 PM

the same goes for Binance? I was considering my entry for IOTA, but im concerned with the current situation
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
October 22, 2017, 05:37:14 PM
Mods have setup an Automoderator posting critical threads and articles in all IOTA submissions (i.redd.it)
 by keeif

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/78329k/mods_have_setup_an_automoderator_posting_critical/

The mod team has begun a program to provide newcomers easy access to criticisms for commonly coins or disreputable businesses. This plan is meant to be a benign alternative to censorship while better informing readers at the same time. These criticisms should not be construed as an endorsement or disapproval from the mod team on any particular coin.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
October 22, 2017, 05:16:19 PM
Research on Private Transactions in IOTA

https://blog.iota.org/research-on-private-transactions-in-iota-cd546751e2c4

After completing a security audit, an IOTA token mixer will be publicly released, hopefully within a month, with private beta testing currently being finalized. It makes the first step towards improving the anonymity and fungibility of IOTA, and can form the foundation of trustless solutions in the future.
To elaborate on the drawbacks of the current mixer: with the lack of enforced timestamps in IOTA, such a service cannot yet be trustless. A malicious service administrator could take the funds from a user. We have mitigated this slightly by having the mixer issue a signed contract to the user. And once IOTA has enforced timestamps, developments towards a trustless model can be made. The previous network upgrade brought with it a new transaction structure (see below), and in the next IRI release, these timestamps will be enforced in a first roll-out on the testnet...........
Activity: 711
Merit: 204
October 22, 2017, 03:06:27 PM

Jump to: