Author

Topic: IOTA - page 192. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 275
Merit: 101
October 25, 2017, 08:32:43 AM
Many users are confused whether or not they should use the reclaim tool on the new wallet release.
If you could see your a balance on the previous wallet (v. 2.5.1), then you don’t need to use the reclaim tool. Just download the new wallet (v.2.5.2) and enter your current seed. At first you’ll see a balance of 0 which is normal. Go to Recieve and generate addresses until your balance shows up again. Use the reclaim tool only if you missed the previous wallet upgrade in August (you are still using v. 2.5.0 instead of 2.5.1)  or you are one of the few that had an issue with double-spent during the September snapshot. This is the info shared on slack and telegram. If my info is incomplete or inaccurate please let me know.

And If i did the claim with before 2.5.1. My balabnce wasnt there and normally it was 1,3 Gi ?

After the claim i could see my Gi but after reloggin in there are not seeable anymore.

What happpens with my fund then?

I dont see the funds anymore since a new login to my new seed.

My only hope is that the last adress of the old seed shows a pending transaction with my IOTAs .... Huh?

Is this ok or will there be problems now? I wait for 3 hours+ and generated 10+ new adresses .. nothing. But the pending transaction makes me hoping it is ok.

I'm not sure I fully understand. Can you either join the IOTA Slack group (only if you have an account already as it is temporarily closed to new users) or the telegram chat group: https://t.me/iotatangle
It will be easier to communicate there.

the link doesnt work for me.

*edit works I was registered and will post the replys from the team at slack.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
October 25, 2017, 08:29:52 AM
Many users are confused whether or not they should use the reclaim tool on the new wallet release.
If you could see your a balance on the previous wallet (v. 2.5.1), then you don’t need to use the reclaim tool. Just download the new wallet (v.2.5.2) and enter your current seed. At first you’ll see a balance of 0 which is normal. Go to Recieve and generate addresses until your balance shows up again. Use the reclaim tool only if you missed the previous wallet upgrade in August (you are still using v. 2.5.0 instead of 2.5.1)  or you are one of the few that had an issue with double-spent during the September snapshot. This is the info shared on slack and telegram. If my info is incomplete or inaccurate please let me know.

And If i did the claim with before 2.5.1. My balabnce wasnt there and normally it was 1,3 Gi ?

After the claim i could see my Gi but after reloggin in there are not seeable anymore.

My only hope is that the last adress of the old seed shows a pending transaction with my IOTAs .... Huh?

Is this ok or will there be problems now? I wait for 3 hours+ and generated 10+ new adresses .. nothing. But the pending transaction makes me hoping it is ok.

I'm not sure I fully understand. Can you either join the IOTA Slack group (only if you have an account already as it is temporarily closed to new users) or the telegram chat group: https://t.me/iotatangle
It will be easier to communicate there.
October 25, 2017, 08:07:00 AM

Activity: 406
Merit: 253
October 25, 2017, 07:59:11 AM
If you could see your balance on the previous wallet (v. 2.5.1), then you don’t need to use the reclaim tool. Just download the new wallet (v.2.5.2) and enter your current seed. At first you’ll see a balance of 0 which is normal. Go to Recieve and generate addresses until your balance shows up again. Use the reclaim tool only if you missed the previous wallet upgrade in August (you are still using v. 2.5.0 instead of 2.5.1)  or you are one of the few that had an issue with double-spent during the September snapshot. If my info is incomplete or inaccurate please let me know.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 25, 2017, 07:15:04 AM
Forbes article about crypto and aside from Bitcoin the only other crypto mentioned is IOTA. I hope IOTA's price going up up up.
Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/deeppatel/2017/10/24/what-leaders-need-to-know-about-the-power-of-cryptocurrency/#2b478a1d41d1
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
October 25, 2017, 06:01:53 AM
Guys, IOTA is a high-tech coin, it is not surprising that it grows in value and will continue to grow no doubt in the nearest future.
October 25, 2017, 05:22:54 AM
Yesterday we re-initiated the coordinator after an unplanned shutdown that happened on 20th of October. We are now releasing a new GUI Wallet, together with the IRI Release 1.4.1.1 which happened earlier today so that the entire network can resume normal operations. More information will follow, but the main reason for the shutdown was to protect our users from an ongoing attack on the network which could have had more serious consequences due to a bug that was swiftly dealt with.

https://blog.iota.org/gui-v2-5-2-latest-release-with-iota-reclaim-tool-32d364d6241a

Hi

After I made the recovery steps my balance was shown in the new seeds balance.

When I now make a login nothing, also after attaching several adresses

Any one also having these problems?
Activity: 396
Merit: 106
October 25, 2017, 04:43:23 AM
Yesterday we re-initiated the coordinator after an unplanned shutdown that happened on 20th of October. We are now releasing a new GUI Wallet, together with the IRI Release 1.4.1.1 which happened earlier today so that the entire network can resume normal operations. More information will follow, but the main reason for the shutdown was to protect our users from an ongoing attack on the network which could have had more serious consequences due to a bug that was swiftly dealt with.

https://blog.iota.org/gui-v2-5-2-latest-release-with-iota-reclaim-tool-32d364d6241a
Hope you guys come up with the solution and not just a shut down everytime there is an attack at the network.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
October 25, 2017, 04:39:28 AM

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
October 25, 2017, 03:55:35 AM
is there already some info on the crowdsale?

Crowdsale ? All tokens have been sold a long long time ago...
If you want IOTA you need to buy via escrow or bitfinex
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
October 25, 2017, 03:29:27 AM
As i said. As btc hype falling down, money flow to IOTA comeback and it gained almost 50% raise from 0,34$ to 0,5$. I don`t even imagine how people who panic sold their IOTA at ~0,35 feel themselves. And big BTC boom (just straight down into a hell) will come some day and there will be a day when all investors start  investment into opportunities not only into the name.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
October 25, 2017, 02:09:54 AM

Anybody else has problem with new Wallet new seed length? Doesn't matter how long I enter I still get min length error
Activity: 178
October 25, 2017, 01:04:22 AM
IOTA's main innovation is not strictly in the sense of the block chain, but called "Tangle" encrypted currency network
Activity: 3
October 25, 2017, 01:00:07 AM
https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases/tag/v2.5.2

This should help, it is the info for the upgraded wallet, issued last night.
Activity: 280
October 25, 2017, 12:59:14 AM
According to the link below dated October 24th - the new GUI/wallet will not be available for another week which around November 1st.

Unfortunately, for United States holders on the Bifinix exchange - Bitfinix will be closing all US accounts around Nov 11th. Lets hope Bitfinix can accommodate US holders of IOTA and provide a remedy - otherwise, we got a situation brewing.

I would just like to get my wallet so I can take my coins off Bitfinix before they close US accounts.

Patience and cool heads will hopefully prevail.

I must say I bought IOTA months ago and have been meaning to set up my wallet. Now with this Bitfinix announcement - well ,,,, I'm hoping some humanity be provided by all parties involved.

Maybe Bitfinix could issue me a voucher for my IOTA.

I will ask them.

Or you could just sell them, move BTC to Binance and buy them back there.

Activity: 66
October 24, 2017, 09:56:49 PM
According to the link below dated October 24th - the new GUI/wallet will not be available for another week which around November 1st.

Unfortunately, for United States holders on the Bifinix exchange - Bitfinix will be closing all US accounts around Nov 11th. Lets hope Bitfinix can accommodate US holders of IOTA and provide a remedy - otherwise, we got a situation brewing.

I would just like to get my wallet so I can take my coins off Bitfinix before they close US accounts.

Patience and cool heads will hopefully prevail.

I must say I bought IOTA months ago and have been meaning to set up my wallet. Now with this Bitfinix announcement - well ,,,, I'm hoping some humanity be provided by all parties involved.

Maybe Bitfinix could issue me a voucher for my IOTA.

I will ask them.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
October 24, 2017, 06:04:35 PM
The market moves up and down. It is just more sellers or buyers at any given moment. We humans want a reason for every move, even if we need to 'invent' the story behind it. We cannot live in a world without giving it reason (whether true or a made up 'story').
Activity: 146
Merit: 150
October 24, 2017, 05:04:29 PM
So what is happening with this coin. IOtA is getting dumped hard in the last weeks. It lost more than 50% of its original price.
Some people writing that the GUI version is not compatible. What is this about?

It increased 30% today. This is crypto world. You don’t need a reason for the decrease and increase of the short term price.
Activity: 196
October 24, 2017, 04:36:17 PM
So what is happening with this coin. IOtA is getting dumped hard in the last weeks. It lost more than 50% of its original price.
Some people writing that the GUI version is not compatible. What is this about?
Activity: 66
October 24, 2017, 02:22:46 PM
Hi guy

Today, I try to use IOTA Light Wallet 2.5.1.

But , I can not use IOTA Wallet .

It always inform "could not connect to remote node" .

How can i fix it ?    or   Is there another way to transfer IOTA  at IOTA wallet ?

I believe they were doing some bugfixes and the network should be working normally again soon.  They are releasing a new wallet update so I think we will have to download that then generate addresses to restore balances.

For the light wallet (when it is revamped - hopefully tomorrow) - I see a long list of nodes to choose from. Which node should I choose? Any of the ones on the list? My coin is still on Bifinex - should I choose the Bifinex NODE?

Thanks

Jump to: