Author

Topic: IOTA - page 279. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
July 10, 2017, 12:25:53 PM
Unfortunatelly bitcoin and market sentiment doesn't help IOTA Sad

I wonder if buy now or wait because I think bitcoin could drop much lower than 2000usd  and it gives much less IOTA USD price..

I hate markets it's participants move up or down all together  Angry
tsg
Activity: 252
Merit: 103
July 10, 2017, 11:45:09 AM
Unfortunatelly bitcoin and market sentiment doesn't help IOTA Sad

I wonder if buy now or wait because I think bitcoin could drop much lower than 2000usd  and it gives much less IOTA USD price..
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
July 10, 2017, 11:02:02 AM
I predict that the winter for IOTA is going to be really cold.  Undecided
Activity: 13
July 10, 2017, 10:59:50 AM
i still have 2 (G)iota on my passphrase but it seems the lightwallet did not recoignize my passphrase , i am sure i have my passphrase ok , but not work

or do i also need the iri that was used when making my passphrase??

i use v2.3.1

can someone please confirm or help , if original IRI is the case i have to search in a lot of hard drives

i remember i used a full node wallet when creating the passphrase

Not sure if that helps but i had the same problem and had to downgrade to 2.3.0 for my seed to be recognized.

Read the releasenotes:

Mainnet Release: v2.3.1

This is an official v2.3.1 version of the new GUI Wallet. This includes some important changes such as:

Seed Security Preferences: By default, you cannot login with a seed with less than 60 characters. You can manually change this setting to accept more insecure seeds in the Preferences section.

Thanks for pointing this out but i did read the release notes before switching, and my seed is definitely longer than 60 characters. Fwiw i even tried to manually change the setting you're referring to just in case, but (unsurprisingly) it didn't work and i just gave up after a few tries. That's kind of weird but it doesn't bother me that much, I'll just stick to 2.3.0 for now.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
July 10, 2017, 10:42:12 AM
well , i have downgrade to 2.2.6 now and as i understand all the wallets should do it with the passphrase except 2.3.1

so should it work if i search for my old IRI that was used when creating passphrase or doesn't that matter?
legendary
Activity: 2698
Merit: 1177
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse
July 10, 2017, 10:37:39 AM
i still have 2 (G)iota on my passphrase but it seems the lightwallet did not recoignize my passphrase , i am sure i have my passphrase ok , but not work

i use v2.3.1

can someone please confirm or help , if original IRI is the case i have to search in a lot of hard drives

Not sure if that helps but i had the same problem and had to downgrade to 2.3.0 for my seed to be recognized.

Read the releasenotes:

Mainnet Release: v2.3.1

This is an official v2.3.1 version of the new GUI Wallet. This includes some important changes such as:

Seed Security Preferences: By default, you cannot login with a seed with less than 60 characters. You can manually change this setting to accept more insecure seeds in the Preferences section.

Activity: 13
July 10, 2017, 10:31:20 AM

i use v2.3.1

legendary
July 10, 2017, 09:31:16 AM

i use v2.3.1

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
July 10, 2017, 09:13:55 AM
replay tx
Won't help, that bundle likely contains doublespent addresses now.
got the same issue since 4 days.. what does that mean? anything we can do or is the money lost?

Ask the sender to resend the coins.

I have open ticket with bitfinix. lets see what happen. sucks if i lost my large transfer.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
July 10, 2017, 09:08:46 AM
replay tx
got the same issue since 4 days.. what does that mean? anything we can do or is the money lost?

Ask the sender to resend the coins.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
July 10, 2017, 09:01:26 AM
replay tx

legendary
July 10, 2017, 08:59:57 AM

i use v2.3.1
July 10, 2017, 08:59:32 AM
I sent from bitfinix 3 days ago and my transaction is still not confirmed. is anything i could do to fix?

replay tx

http://tangler.org/search/?kind=transaction&hash=HI9FZFQT9FSVRZRAWNLVPHXOVU9YNVTFPMUTYMWBZUBXBCGFXOWL9EMZCDGBHRLCNUMNPZQQX9IU99999
i sent 879 MiOTA to my wallet. this is sucks if i lost. i was planning locked in for long hold. can anyone please help?

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
July 10, 2017, 08:49:00 AM
replay tx

Activity: 596
July 10, 2017, 08:47:46 AM
I sent from bitfinix 3 days ago and my transaction is still not confirmed. is anything i could do to fix?

replay tx
July 10, 2017, 08:35:20 AM
Activity: 596
July 10, 2017, 07:08:38 AM
looks like the generate seed option is no longer available even of full node, right?

i tryed to set up a full node, but it always says "NOT SYNC"

any idea about why? the GUI client is honestly pathetic and heavy, works very bad,
a C++ implementation looks urgent,  Java must be out of the equation for any full node, and some implementation to quick find networks rather
than beg for it at slack is something needed too,

bitcoin client got hardcoded quite some ip's already, it just starts downloading the blockchain by itself,
IOTA is adding quite some trammels for non tech users,

post the output of getNodeInfos
Activity: 262
July 10, 2017, 12:58:47 AM
looks like the generate seed option is no longer available even of full node, right?

i tryed to set up a full node, but it always says "NOT SYNC"

any idea about why? the GUI client is honestly pathetic and heavy, works very bad,
a C++ implementation looks urgent,  Java must be out of the equation for any full node, and some implementation to quick find networks rather
than beg for it at slack is something needed too,

bitcoin client got hardcoded quite some ip's already, it just starts downloading the blockchain by itself,
IOTA is adding quite some trammels for non tech users,
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
July 09, 2017, 08:36:39 PM
I guess many people still doesn't figure out to date what IOTA is... this isn't the 997th. altcoin, this is the next fundamental "mother"-coin after BTC and ETH with an insanely high potential. I'm not a clairvoyant who can guarantee the IOTA success for the future. But the chances with such pioneering features are real. It needs time, but if this idea begin to bear fruits, then you'll hear the (cash register) bells ringing like rarely before. So IOTA isn't anything for shortsighted pump&dump-fools - buy it and forget it for the next ~2 years. Just my 2 cents.
That's what I plan to do with my Byteball and IOTA.
Good advice, imho.
Activity: 269
July 09, 2017, 07:54:39 PM
Is is basically possible to store data in IOTA transactions to build a messenger?
I am thinking about the idea to build a twitter-like app on a DAG-based network like IOTA.

I think you can. Transferring data (even encrypted data) between devices is what IOTA does. You can directly talk the devs on the slack.
Jump to: