Author

Topic: IOTA - page 275. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
July 14, 2017, 01:57:51 PM
Will this coin on polo?

Maybe next year.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
July 14, 2017, 09:20:11 AM
https://www.constellationr.com/blog-news/blockchain-or-distributed-ledger-defining-requirement-not-technology-0

--"The Trusted Internet of Things Alliance, aims to rectify the lack of attention to the need for Mass Update Registers solutions for IoT market places by building on the work of one of its founding partners IoTA. Founded by David Sonstebe, with a group of mathematicians who had worked on Blockchain, the focus is on the IoT challenge."
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
July 14, 2017, 08:31:40 AM
Hi. I am checking if IOTA would be compatible with the upcoming Blocknet decentralized exchange. I have looked at your github, but cannot figure out if you support BIP65 (OP_checklocktimeverify) and have a bitcoin stock JSON RPC API?
Thanks!

No.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
July 14, 2017, 08:30:51 AM
Hi. I am checking if IOTA would be compatible with the upcoming Blocknet decentralized exchange. I have looked at your github, but cannot figure out if you support BIP65 (OP_checklocktimeverify) and have a bitcoin stock JSON RPC API?
Thanks!
Activity: 689
Merit: 507
July 14, 2017, 06:48:50 AM
the permanodes store snapshots so the databse is not very high,
but there is a database,
can't that databse of each node considered a blockchain somehow? its also something that must store history of transactions,
with IOTA there is fee less because you pay the fee with POW, and thats nice concept,
however i see there is still a database so, somehow the blockchain thing is not fully removed from the equation

Tangle is the distributed ledger for IOTA like the blockchain for Bitcoin. But Tangle has a different structure than blockchain. You can call both database. To know more about the Tangle - http://www.iotatoken.com/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf

the first time i did read about IOTA - no blockchain and no fees, was like the  revelation,

however, if it still needs a ledger the single good point is the fee less structure, rather than the lack of blockchain, as it still uses a ledger,

+ no miner
Activity: 275
Merit: 101
July 14, 2017, 06:32:46 AM
Will this coin on polo?

You should request it - https://m.poloniex.com/coinRequest.  The more people request it , the bigger change Polo will add it.

DONE ! Please do also ...
July 13, 2017, 09:21:02 PM
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
July 13, 2017, 05:12:03 PM
the first time i did read about IOTA - no blockchain and no fees, was like the  revelation,
however, if it still needs a ledger the single good point is the fee less structure, rather than the lack of blockchain, as it still uses a ledger,

The distributed ledger is a key for the trust-less decentralized system. Because of the distributed ledger, users don't need to trust each other and the data can be immutable and high efficacy and low cost can be achieved. Otherwise, it will go beck to the centralized system like everything we see today.

so you mean blockchain is centralized?

No.
tsg
Activity: 252
Merit: 103
July 13, 2017, 03:55:36 PM
How do you think a coin can cost $ 100 in a year? Everyone says that a coin can outrun bitcoin
Of course not, look at supply of this coin please.
But maybe in 2-3years  it could detronize bitcoin as marketcap ruller ;>
Time will tell..
Activity: 560
Merit: 256
July 13, 2017, 03:44:29 PM
How do you think a coin can cost $ 100 in a year? Everyone says that a coin can outrun bitcoin
Activity: 262
July 13, 2017, 02:51:03 PM

The distributed ledger is a key for the trust-less decentralized system. Because of the distributed ledger, users don't need to trust each other and the data can be immutable and high efficacy and low cost can be achieved. Otherwise, it will go beck to the centralized system like everything we see today.

so you mean blockchain is centralized?
July 13, 2017, 02:08:15 PM

Activity: 262
July 13, 2017, 01:45:50 PM
but there is a database,
can't that databse of each node considered a blockchain somehow? its also something that must store history of transactions,
with IOTA there is fee less because you pay the fee with POW, and thats nice concept,
however i see there is still a database so, somehow the blockchain thing is not fully removed from the equation

Tangle is the distributed ledger for IOTA like the blockchain for Bitcoin. But Tangle has a different structure than blockchain. You can call both database. To know more about the Tangle - http://www.iotatoken.com/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf

July 13, 2017, 12:29:19 PM
Will this coin on polo?

You should request it - https://m.poloniex.com/coinRequest.  The more people request it , the bigger change Polo will add it.
Activity: 715
July 13, 2017, 11:48:11 AM
Will this coin on polo?

You are asking the billion dollar question.

I believe the core team is working on a module that will make it easy and seamless for exchanges to list IOTA. It should be finished soon.
Activity: 840
Twitter: @FedKassad
July 13, 2017, 11:01:35 AM
Will this coin on polo?

You are asking the billion dollar question.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
July 13, 2017, 10:44:38 AM
Will this coin on polo?
July 13, 2017, 10:26:43 AM
but there is a database,

Jump to: