Author

Topic: IOTA - page 277. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 229
Merit: 101
July 12, 2017, 05:45:49 AM
Hi Devs,

Please update the web site (iota.org) and fix the broken links when you have time --

1. Found several broken links that need to be updated in Developer's HUB:  https://dev.iota.org/  (If you scroll to the very bottom, you will notice that both the links to FORUM & SLACK still point to outdated sites https://forum.iotatoken.com/ that no longer exist).

2. Please add a "resources & tutorials" section to the main page if possible: For instance, tangleblog.com was not referenced and could not be found anywhere on the main site.  Secondly, currently there is no blog post filed under "tutorials" at the moment.  There were some valuable medium posts I think would be appropriate to be included in the resources section also. (ie. Ingo Fiedler's old post on distribution)

As someone who is  new to Iota, I found the info rather lacking on the main site.

My bad!  Just found all the stuff I need under learn.iota.org... Sorry about that..  Wink  Still, there are some broken links that need to be fixed.

PS:  Thanks for the hard work, Devs.  Cheesy
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
July 12, 2017, 04:09:19 AM
Yes IOTA is better then Bitcoin, and every other alt-coin too. Here's my top five reasons why.
These points applie to every other altcoin as well, not just Bitcoin.

1.) Bitcoin has expensive fee's.   1.) IOTA has no fee's...

2.) Bitcoin is slow 1hr per transaction.   2.) IOTA gets faster with use.

3.) Bitcoin can't scale for mainstream adoption.    3.) IOTA has unlimited scalability.

4.) Bitcoin isn't quantum proof.    4.) IOTA is quantum proof.

5.) Bitcoin has complex decimals.    5.) IOTA will always be a whole number.

So Freebutcaged your either a troll or BTC miner shill making a killing off those BTC fee's.

Good day to all. I would like to ask if there are currently bounties for this coin? I am willing to work even for small amounts of IOTA's for this one. Thank you very much. Will be waiting for any response here.

Hey dude, there is a #bounties channel on the slack, and other ways (submit a project to the invest fund, contribute to the dev, etc ...) to gain IOTAs.
Activity: 669
July 12, 2017, 03:43:22 AM
Any new exchange on horizont ?
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
July 11, 2017, 11:00:43 PM
Here's a video interview of Jamie Burke he is one of the most prominent figures in the world of investing in cryptocurrencys talking ICO s and why he invested in IOTA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ilrfWVe7K48&feature=youtu.be
Activity: 700
July 11, 2017, 10:48:24 PM
I thought IOTA would thrive during this SegWit drama & Fibonacci Retracement, it's the only cryptocurrency that fixed all the blockchain problems, no fees, unlimited scalability, faster with use, quantum proof security, etc.. I just don't get how IOTA should fall so hard, being that it's the best performing cryptocurrency in terms of all the benefits I just mentioned.

Folks are doubting that IOTA is capable of all those things you mentioned.

This might seem odd, but the reason I think IOTA has a chance to become huge (like Bitcoin and Ethereum) is due to the name alone.

There is an English saying "not a single 'IOTA'". I am sure you have heard it. If it does eventually become a global currency, the saying will make even more sense.

For example: "I do not give a single IOTA that you don't believe in IOTA."

It just sounds right.
Activity: 486
Merit: 250
July 11, 2017, 09:19:50 PM
Yes IOTA is better then Bitcoin, and every other alt-coin too. Here's my top five reasons why.

3.) Bitcoin can't scale for mainstream adoption.    3.) IOTA has unlimited scalability.

So Freebutcaged your either a troll or BTC miner shill making a killing off those BTC fee's.

Good day to all. I would like to ask if there are currently bounties for this coin? I am willing to work even for small amounts of IOTA's for this one. Thank you very much. Will be waiting for any response here.
July 11, 2017, 09:04:29 PM

Activity: 588
Merit: 541
July 11, 2017, 07:27:44 PM
I thought IOTA would thrive during this SegWit drama & Fibonacci Retracement, it's the only cryptocurrency that fixed all the blockchain problems, no fees, unlimited scalability, faster with use, quantum proof security, etc.. I just don't get how IOTA should fall so hard, being that it's the best performing cryptocurrency in terms of all the benefits I just mentioned.
This scam ICO or premined is better than Bitcoin? you must live above the clouds to be this much stupid or gullible, or a simple shill.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
July 11, 2017, 07:09:06 PM

No, it's just "investors" quitting IOTA (and a lot of other coins) into BTC and then into fiat. Because of SegWit drama.

It's just what comes to my ears often these days while strolling through the interwebs. Met lots of scepticism and false narratives.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
July 11, 2017, 06:58:12 PM

No, it's just "investors" quitting IOTA (and a lot of other coins) into BTC and then into fiat. Because of SegWit drama.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
July 11, 2017, 06:46:07 PM

July 11, 2017, 06:43:40 PM
Activity: 888
July 11, 2017, 06:42:14 PM
IOTA is seems really cheap as fuck right now , you guys think now is a good time to buy?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
July 11, 2017, 06:31:01 PM
For those who have problems with transfer from the BitFinex Exchange to LightWallet:
1. Before getting iot's and the address must be tied to the tangle.
2. After the address is tied to the tangle you need to wait for the confirmation of the network, you can see in the transaction history section.
3. And only then you can order a payment from BitFinex.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
July 11, 2017, 05:12:00 PM
found this screenshot today https://imgur.com/a/Atc97 maybe IOTA is coming to poloniex, can anyone confirm?
tsg
Activity: 252
Merit: 103
July 11, 2017, 04:28:59 PM
https://medium.com/@cstoecker/implementing-first-industry-4-0-use-cases-with-iota-dag-tangle-machine-tagging-for-digital-twins-baf1943c499d
Exciting article,
Thanks John_Paul that you let me know.
I wish the price is falling, but maybe there's good news because there's opportunity to buy more Smiley
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
July 11, 2017, 04:26:11 PM
Just dumped my IOTA for Byteball at rate of 2:1 (IOTA was roughly twice the marketcap of Byteball at the time)

Byteball has been gaining ground on against IOTA coinmarketcap 100

Very impressive performance.

1.  20% of bytes are owned by LISK, as far as I can remember. And other ICOs and btcwhales have huge stakes. Their entry price was exactly zero. This fact alone is frightening.

2. One day (not so far) the hyperstake distribution of byteball ends. Many holders will lose the incentive to hold bytes. This can lead to a massive dump

And as a technology byteball is not in the same league as iota. Centralized and trustbased, Byteball should be a service built on top of some real cryptocurrency.   

I know this is not the Byteball thread, just reacting to the "Dump all iotas for Byteball" post. Hard to believe anybody would be crazy enough to do this.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
July 11, 2017, 03:34:23 PM
Byteball has been gaining ground on against IOTA coinmarketcap 100

Most of the coins were gaining ground on against IOTA because it's very hard to control the price of a well-distributed coin. Fewer owners - easier for them to collude implicitly/explicitly.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
July 11, 2017, 03:23:29 PM
I sent from bitfinix 3 days ago and my transaction is still not confirmed. is anything i could do to fix?

replay tx

http://tangler.org/search/?kind=transaction&hash=HI9FZFQT9FSVRZRAWNLVPHXOVU9YNVTFPMUTYMWBZUBXBCGFXOWL9EMZCDGBHRLCNUMNPZQQX9IU99999
i sent 879 MiOTA to my wallet. this is sucks if i lost. i was planning locked in for long hold. can anyone please help?

got a have safe transaction with IOTA before price man. It is sucks if we can not even feel comfortable sending to wallet right now. still pending after 4 days and this is not just me.

Did you receive an answer from Bitfinex?
I have also raised a ticket 8hrs ago.

nothing yet

even after more than 24 hours nothing from bitfinix support.

me neither Sad will wait 1 day more and then ask again
Activity: 686
July 11, 2017, 01:28:06 PM
I sent from bitfinix 3 days ago and my transaction is still not confirmed. is anything i could do to fix?

replay tx

http://tangler.org/search/?kind=transaction&hash=HI9FZFQT9FSVRZRAWNLVPHXOVU9YNVTFPMUTYMWBZUBXBCGFXOWL9EMZCDGBHRLCNUMNPZQQX9IU99999
i sent 879 MiOTA to my wallet. this is sucks if i lost. i was planning locked in for long hold. can anyone please help?

got a have safe transaction with IOTA before price man. It is sucks if we can not even feel comfortable sending to wallet right now. still pending after 4 days and this is not just me.

Did you receive an answer from Bitfinex?
I have also raised a ticket 8hrs ago.

nothing yet

even after more than 24 hours nothing from bitfinix support.
Jump to: