Author

Topic: IOTA - page 284. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250
July 05, 2017, 03:25:18 PM
bitfinex chart works so bad, when you change the timeframe it suddendly return no graph at all,
and then it reset itself, argh.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2017, 01:52:41 PM
Pay attention to the last line:

Not every snapshot has a claiming period, the ones that have it will be announced accordingly.

The regular snapshot do not have a claiming process, you just need to generate an address to get to your coins.

Thank you.
Activity: 392
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
July 05, 2017, 01:19:51 PM
The beta version of mobile wallet is confusing in terms of displaying the transaction history. Will they update the wallet to solve this issue?
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
July 05, 2017, 01:02:27 PM
iota keep going down.. what is happening?

C'mon man. Many of us are waiting for some cheap coins. Don't jinx it.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
July 05, 2017, 12:57:13 PM
iota keep going down.. what is happening?
Activity: 258
July 04, 2017, 11:22:33 PM
Try the slack to get help  iotatangle.slack.com
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
July 04, 2017, 10:33:17 PM
I get

REQUEST ERROR INVALID TRANSACTION HASH
when I ATTACH to tangle

so, what to do to fix?

bump for help
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
July 04, 2017, 06:28:18 PM
New IRI version 1.2.4
https://github.com/iotaledger/iri/releases/tag/v1.2.4

Please update if applicable
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
July 04, 2017, 02:41:40 PM

Not every snapshot has a claiming period, the ones that have it will be announced accordingly.

The regular snapshot do not have a claiming process, you just need to generate an address to get to your coins.
how much snapshots have been to this day?
I think I have reclaimed last year 1 or 2 times
legendary
July 04, 2017, 11:56:53 AM
I generatet 30 adresses, but all stays empty...
 Angry

You need to generate as many addresses as you have in your account before. It is actually recovering your old addresses. The current wallet is not advanced enough yet to automatically do it for you. Also make sure that you are using the right seed.
I think I had <10 adresses ~end of last year, (but think did not do the 2. reclaim because PC always shutdown after ~2 min for overheat if I start generate or reclaim)
how much do you think I have to make new?
thx Smiley
Activity: 269
July 04, 2017, 09:44:17 AM
 Angry

You need to generate as many addresses as you have in your account before. It is actually recovering your old addresses. The current wallet is not advanced enough yet to automatically do it for you. Also make sure that you are using the right seed.
legendary
July 04, 2017, 07:10:37 AM
I get

REQUEST ERROR INVALID TRANSACTION HASH
when I ATTACH to tangle

so, what to do to fix?
legendary
July 04, 2017, 06:16:33 AM
something i dont understand about IOTA are the snapshots,
looks like you can lose your money if you dont move the money from one snapshop to the other?

No, snapshot just cut tangle history on some of the nodes to keep the tangle small. But it remembers the balances. You just need to generate a few addresses in wallet to get to your tokens.
 Angry
legendary
July 04, 2017, 04:56:17 AM
if for some reason transactions drop in volume would you not start looseing balances as there woud not be enough tangles to compexity of tangles to keep you coin that has not moved in current tangle state.

Coordinator is a checkpointing tool to protect the network from the hash-rate attack which is possible to do while the network is small - I guess you call this case "drop in volume" Smiley

Coo will be made optional soon and shut down completly when the hash-rate of the network will be enough.

how do you determine where that state is?

....if say I set up a address generating farm and just send single iotas to single addresses and leaving them there does this not lead to some sort of massive bloat of dead weight that has to be supported at the expense of running the network via as you say check point or Coo or other hashing machines....I mean you essentially have to keep the state of the data that has not moved always present, as there is no blockchain. Sort like your have to have everything in ram all the time because you don't have a blockchain to (hard drive) to shunt it too.

So where is the cost recovery for people who run the check point / hash farms?

....(now I don't know if you can split iota into smaller fractions, if you can and can do this unilaterally it seems to be exponetially worse)

legendary
Activity: 1344
July 04, 2017, 03:40:32 AM
if for some reason transactions drop in volume would you not start looseing balances as there woud not be enough tangles to compexity of tangles to keep you coin that has not moved in current tangle state.

Coordinator is a checkpointing tool to protect the network from the hash-rate attack which is possible to do while the network is small - I guess you call this case "drop in volume" Smiley

Coo will be made optional soon and shut down completly when the hash-rate of the network will be enough.
legendary
July 04, 2017, 03:28:30 AM
if for some reason transactions drop in volume would you not start looseing balances as there would not be enough tangles to complexity of tangles to keep your coin that has not moved in current tangle state.

legendary
July 04, 2017, 03:22:22 AM

July 04, 2017, 03:18:49 AM
looks like you can lose your money if you dont move the money from one snapshop to the other?

No, snapshot just cut tangle history on some of the nodes to keep the tangle small. But it remembers the balances. You just need to generate a few addresses in wallet to get to your tokens.

so this text is wrong?

---------------

snapshot? What does that mean?
Yes, we get another snapshot before the 13th June.
A snapshot is a method to reduce the size of the tangle database.

You possibly need to claim your tokens, once the snapshot is successfully performed.

What is claiming?

Claiming means, that you transfer your tokens from the old databases (before the snapshot) into the new database (after the snapshot)

If you forget that, you will never be able to get access to your tokens again, so always stay in touch and claim if necessary.

This is your duty, so don’t blame the IOTA foundation if you didn’t keep track of the recent developments.

legendary
July 04, 2017, 03:12:57 AM

July 04, 2017, 03:10:37 AM

Jump to: