Author

Topic: IOTA - page 348. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
May 26, 2017, 11:02:51 AM
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 26, 2017, 10:24:28 AM
Sorry I don't accept payment in IOTA.

It's fine, we'll use BTC.
Currently I have ~8 BTC.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
May 26, 2017, 09:14:47 AM
Actually iota is not divisible just like satoshi. In Bitcoin there are 2.1x10^15 satoshi and in IOTA there are 2.78x10^15 iota. These two numbers are comparable.

i read over entire OP and there is no information of total supply,how you proof that total supply is 2.78^15? afaik iota no even have a explorer to check if this number is true or not.

anyone from iota community can point me a way where or how to figure out the total supply please?

Supply:

Example ~ 2779 Ti

seriously? an image as a proof? where is the explorer?isn`t that IOTA also imply POW?
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
May 26, 2017, 09:12:14 AM
Baby volume on its rise being traded privately to 100x lol so sad what this is going to result in for whoever buys in at exchanges and you know it.

Post here conditions of the bet, the amount and preferred escrow agent. I'll reply if I accept it or not.

Sorry I don't accept payment in IOTA.
Obviously you have a vested interest maybe try selling it in slack where no one is buying 😂, neither will people at the exchanges.
legendary
May 26, 2017, 09:06:59 AM
Baby volume on its rise being traded privately to 100x lol so sad what this is going to result in for whoever buys in at exchanges and you know it.

Post here conditions of the bet, the amount and preferred escrow agent. I'll reply if I accept it or not.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
May 26, 2017, 09:03:17 AM
Actually iota is not divisible just like satoshi. In Bitcoin there are 2.1x10^15 satoshi and in IOTA there are 2.78x10^15 iota. These two numbers are comparable.

i read over entire OP and there is no information of total supply,how you proof that total supply is 2.78^15? afaik iota no even have a explorer to check if this number is true or not.

anyone from iota community can point me a way where or how to figure out the total supply please?

Supply:

Example ~ 2779 Ti

May 26, 2017, 09:01:56 AM
No one will buy into a coin that has 100x before going on a public exchange, just sell it wherever else you can lol

I was brought to this thread by one friend who knows that I like betting. He said I could get easy money here. Currently I have ~8 BTC. Time to put your money where your mouth is. What escrow agent do you prefer?

May 26, 2017, 08:59:30 AM

Thousand Trillion or something ridiculous like that all the holders just waiting to dump on exchanges
May 26, 2017, 08:55:23 AM

legendary
May 26, 2017, 07:38:03 AM
No one will buy into a coin that has 100x before going on a public exchange, just sell it wherever else you can lol

I was brought to this thread by one friend who knows that I like betting. He said I could get easy money here. Currently I have ~8 BTC. Time to put your money where your mouth is. What escrow agent do you prefer?
May 26, 2017, 07:17:59 AM
Any info about exchanges?  Possible time? Q3 2017?
And what is the price at ydx slack now? Regards

May 26, 2017, 07:16:02 AM

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
May 26, 2017, 06:59:18 AM
Any info about exchanges?  Possible time? Q3 2017?
And what is the price at ydx slack now? Regards
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
May 26, 2017, 06:54:27 AM
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
May 26, 2017, 06:21:03 AM

... bbbllllaaaaahhhh ...

As good as the vision is behind this the coin implementation is awfully biased and noone will buy into a coin that has been 100x before going on a public exchange. Someone will just take the vision and create their own coin with more fair coin supply and price from ICO to exchange.

I wouldn't be surprised if BTC/ETH in private pull a quick one on the miners and take the approach this coin has taken which is masterful, DAG.

Thanks for the enlightenment, Prof. Shitwit!

Have you handed this paper in to Nature Cryptography yet?
And if so, can we get reprints?

May 26, 2017, 05:42:24 AM

Your coin should double or triple most from your ico before it comes on exchanges or else it will result in massive dumps. This is common sense from a marketing perspective which is my speciality.

Hahahaha, we've been missing a good troll around here. Thanks.

Refer to my post above which explains the issues with your coin.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 26, 2017, 05:26:26 AM

Your coin should double or triple most from your ico before it comes on exchanges or else it will result in massive dumps. This is common sense from a marketing perspective which is my speciality.

Hahahaha, we've been missing a good troll around here. Thanks.
May 26, 2017, 01:42:18 AM
Why make trillions and trillions of coins?
Total supply is completely arbitrary and meaningless as far as value impact is concerned. Value is influenced by changes in supply.
Let's build up an understanding of the supply curve. Supply vs. quantity supplied
http://econperspectives.blogspot.com/2008/05/supply-vs-quantity-supplied.html

Now let's tie it together with inelasticity. Scroll down to 'perfectly inelastic supply'
http://www.economicshelp.org/concepts/inelastic-supply/

With a fixed supply that has a perfectly inelastic supply curve, there are no changes in supply to influence prices from the supply side. In other words, at all prices supply will remain the same. Additionally, the total supply (location on the X axis) is unchangeable, so the curve will not shift in relation to the demand curve, which WOULD impact prices in the future.

EDIT: I don't want to risk being ambiguous here: The supply of IOTAs is forever fixed at 2,779 Ti. That makes it perfectly inelastic while also being fixed in place on the X axis.

How much do you think David holds as well? Hahaha.

Hopefully enough to be fully incentivized for project success. Considering that no token allotment was held for the devs or founders and 100% of the tokens were distributed in the crowdsale, the more he has, the more it cost him. Incentive alignment from the top down is important, so the community has donated an unprecedented amount of money to the IOTA Foundation and various other fundraising efforts.

I understand what you typed about supply being meaningless as far as value impact is concerned but you can see as anyone else that a coins value going up that much before it gets on exchange is a serious issue as many dumps will occur. The coin supply concern was also tied in with how much the devs and founder hold. We have seen devs and founders do massive dumps before and nothing better to do it with than a penny coin. When a coin is on the exchange everyone is buying and selling however IOTA basically started buying and selling before the exchanges, manipulating the value. After an ICO it should go to an exchange not be traded between holders who can manipulate the value easily. This coin has been manipulated up since the ICO being traded between holders who can easily do that. By the time it gets on exchanges you can even 200x+ the value of this coin with manipulation however you want. I could have a good idea make trillions of coins then give it to investors and keep a semi private exchange where the value can be pushed from $.00001 to $.01 then bring it to a more public exchange. 1m coins getting dumped at a value of $1 is much more dangerous than 1m coins getting dumped at a value of 1c. A coin can only get its proper value when it comes out on a more public exchange after the ICO this has basically been traded privately resulting in an inflated value which will result in massive dumps. 1 guy who put in $10k decides to cash out when it gets on the exchange results in a $1m dump, $100k results in a $10m dump, $1 million results in a $100m dump. This is the massive issue due to coin supply and pumping before it gets on a public exchange the dumps will be endless. Also everyone asks "what was the ico price?" When people realize it was 100x less and see the coin supply is in trillions noone will want to get anywhere close to this due to the dump potential no matter how good the software is. The coin supply isn't the biggest issue although it supports it being a pump and dump coin, the biggest issue is how much it had X'd before it will go public. If it doubled or tripled before getting on an exchange that is not an issue but this is beyond a trillion coins that has been 100x before exchange I wonder what the value is if you multiple coin supply and price per you combine that with 100x before it goes public my goodness....

As good as the vision is behind this the coin implementation is awfully biased and noone will buy into a coin that has been 100x before going on a public exchange. Someone will just take the vision and create their own coin with more fair coin supply and price from ICO to exchange.

I wouldn't be surprised if BTC/ETH in private pull a quick one on the miners and take the approach this coin has taken which is masterful, DAG.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
May 26, 2017, 12:53:41 AM
Why make trillions and trillions of coins?
Total supply is completely arbitrary and meaningless as far as value impact is concerned. Value is influenced by changes in supply.
Let's build up an understanding of the supply curve. Supply vs. quantity supplied
http://econperspectives.blogspot.com/2008/05/supply-vs-quantity-supplied.html

Now let's tie it together with inelasticity. Scroll down to 'perfectly inelastic supply'
http://www.economicshelp.org/concepts/inelastic-supply/

With a fixed supply that has a perfectly inelastic supply curve, there are no changes in supply to influence prices from the supply side. In other words, at all prices supply will remain the same. Additionally, the total supply (location on the X axis) is unchangeable, so the curve will not shift in relation to the demand curve, which WOULD impact prices in the future.

EDIT: I don't want to risk being ambiguous here: The supply of IOTAs is forever fixed at 2,779 Ti. That makes it perfectly inelastic while also being fixed in place on the X axis.

How much do you think David holds as well? Hahaha.

Hopefully enough to be fully incentivized for project success. Considering that no token allotment was held for the devs or founders and 100% of the tokens were distributed in the crowdsale, the more he has, the more it cost him. Incentive alignment from the top down is important, so the community has donated an unprecedented amount of money to the IOTA Foundation and various other fundraising efforts.
May 25, 2017, 11:46:50 PM

Alas, the well known hard and fast rule of 2x to 3x gains has been eschewed to all but guarantee failure.

Again, so generous as to give away free advice.

The implications of a 50x or 100x whatever it is before hitting exchanges is quite obvious. Why make trillions and trillions of coins? How much do you think David holds as well? Hahaha.
Jump to: