Author

Topic: IOTA - page 354. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
May 07, 2017, 02:49:35 PM
I have been explained that some people confuse "claim" and "re-claim". (it was my case by the way)
Claim -> was collect.iotatoken.com -> send a small amount of BTC -> your address is in the genesis
If you did that in time, then you did successfully claim.
Re-claim -> The addresses changed at some point and you had to claim the iotas again to a new address. You can still get your iotas if you didn't do this.

In my case, I have successfully claim but I don't know how to re-claim. I have been told to contact David (iotatoken). However I have not still received any response (it is the weekend)
However, if someone can help me to re-claim, that would be good.

you can learn how to do it here - http://www.iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml

In his case it looks like David has to do it manually.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
May 07, 2017, 10:39:26 AM
It is now clear for me that honesty is not the strong point of the IOTA team. At the start of the project, I have purchased iotas. And now, those iotas have disappeared just because I should have participated to your project, which has never been said in the initial agreement. The iota's team has stolen me money !!!!

I had some issues earlier and was able to get my IOTA to appear again, there was a conversion that you needed to go through to convert your seed in a new client. I will say that they don't make it easy and there were lots of bumps along the way, but I did get my IOTA to show up again.  Get on the IOTA slack and someone will help you eventually, but you have to have a lot, and I mean a lot of patience with IOTA.  That being said, I wouldn't say they've stolen any crypto from anyone.  Oh, also if you purchased IOTA stakes in a token, you need to go through that person that you purchased a token from, (i.e. IOTAB, etc,)
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
May 07, 2017, 07:40:30 AM
I have been explained that some people confuse "claim" and "re-claim". (it was my case by the way)
Claim -> was collect.iotatoken.com -> send a small amount of BTC -> your address is in the genesis
Re-claim -> The addresses changed at some point and you had to claim the iotas again to a new address. You can still get your iotas if you didn't do this.

In my case, I have successfully claim but I don't know how to re-claim. I have been told to contact David (iotatoken). However I have not still received any response (it is the weekend)

you can learn how to do it here - http://www.iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml
Activity: 2716
Merit: 883
May 07, 2017, 06:37:16 AM

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
May 06, 2017, 11:50:34 PM
regarding the ongoing claiming process @http://www.iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml
how can I know that I have to claim my IOTAs. I have bought some several times.

Do you see your iotas when you login to your wallet? If yes then you don't have to claim.
yes I can
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
May 06, 2017, 05:11:10 PM
regarding the ongoing claiming process @http://www.iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml

Do you see your iotas when you login to your wallet? If yes then you don't have to claim.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
May 06, 2017, 04:22:18 PM
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
May 06, 2017, 12:00:07 PM

Heard about this on slack.  Great way to even further expand the community!  I didn't catch where the funds were originating from.  I assumed it was through token slated for dev costs?

No, it actually comes from generous community members and members of the "ecosystem club".

They recognized the potential and acted accordingly.

That's exactly what good investors do!

Everything came from the community, there was no premine, not 1 Iota was allocated to the devs. The community donated close to 5% of total Iota supply to Foundation long after ICO. The core dev team bought all of there Iota during ICO.

Just to be more clear, this fund is not part of previous donations/funds, it's a totally different fund;

(1)The communities donated to the IOTA FOUNDATION
(2)The communities has donated to the "big deal" (still mostly behind the scenes)
(3)Now the communities has come together and created and funded the "ecosystem club" and it kind of work hand in hand with IOTA FOUNDATION funds as well.

Great job to everyone that has participated in those donations!
I am very grateful for our communities' willingness to think above themselves.
In the end, if we stick together, it will all pay back.

If I have missed some other efforts, please let me know.

Wow all from donations?  The community donated millions?

Yes. All above mentioned are donated by communities efforts.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
May 06, 2017, 11:47:40 AM

Heard about this on slack.  Great way to even further expand the community!  I didn't catch where the funds were originating from.  I assumed it was through token slated for dev costs?

No, it actually comes from generous community members and members of the "ecosystem club".

Everything came from the community, there was no premine, not 1 Iota was allocated to the devs. The community donated close to 5% of total Iota supply to Foundation long after ICO. The core dev team bought all of there Iota during ICO.

Just to be more clear, this fund is not part of previous donations/funds, it's a totally different fund;

(2)The communities has donated to the "big deal" (still mostly behind the scenes)
(3)Now the communities has come together and created and funded the "ecosystem club" and it kind of work hand in hand with IOTA FOUNDATION funds as well.

Wow all from donations?  The community donated millions?
Activity: 146
May 06, 2017, 11:38:21 AM
Is there a rich list of iota addresses?

No but if you're on slack you can get an idea on how much some of the traders hold.

https://ydx.slack.com/files/bookkeeper/F5924HS7J/balances
May 06, 2017, 10:57:38 AM

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BRING SOMETHING TOWARDS IOTA. GO APPLY FOR FUNDING NOW @ https://iota.typeform.com/to/GrSuUE
https://twitter.com/iotatoken/status/860577012703952897
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
May 06, 2017, 09:00:28 AM
yeah, I would prefer to store my coins at ydx just because the risk that they will be lost in tangle is too high. I would not expect any major exchanges this year just because this tech needs to be time proven.

is this sarcasm or blatant ignorance?

Both  Wink. I adore IOTA but I don't trust tangle as much as trust the blockchain so far

I'm always wondering why people are still cautious on rabbit-level after all those legit persons/companies/press participated somehow.
What do you think is going to happen?
It turns out that ALL people, I mean every single developer, professors, technicians, thinker, all foundation members and every single involved community person were wrong or what? lol...

let's see if this skepticism ages well. I remind you when the new version is running Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
May 06, 2017, 08:33:40 AM
yeah, I would prefer to store my coins at ydx just because the risk that they will be lost in tangle is too high. I would not expect any major exchanges this year just because this tech needs to be time proven.

Both  Wink. I adore IOTA but I don't trust tangle as much as trust the blockchain so far
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
May 06, 2017, 08:28:07 AM

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
May 06, 2017, 08:26:42 AM
 yeah, I would prefer to store my coins at ydx just because the risk that they will be lost in tangle is too high. I would not expect any major exchanges this year just because this tech needs to be time proven. DAG is the new toy - what would polo tell if their transaction will be lost for no reason? Reputation risk.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
May 06, 2017, 07:13:47 AM
It is now clear for me that honesty is not the strong point of the IOTA team. At the start of the project, I have purchased iotas. And now, those iotas have disappeared just because I should have participated to your project, which has never been said in the initial agreement. The iota's team has stolen me money !!!!

Same here but it's technically not stealing, they just did not check if people balance disappeared. It's probably temporary though. I'm waiting for the next wallet release and hope to find my balance there.

The android iota dev has been trying to find my iotas for 2 days and I've been trying for the last 6 months. It's nowhere for some unknown reasons.

At this point we're down to pray the gods and make sacrifices.
May 06, 2017, 02:19:06 AM

no, but you may want to read something similar but kind of outdated.
https://medium.com/@IngoFiedler_96862/the-distribution-of-iota-tokens-dc70ea49b148

also, note that his top 10 list probably include addresses of unclaimed and addresses of foundation and maybe "big deal" funds.
the rich list doesn't really provide any concrete informations as people can spread out their balances in multiple addresses, the best way to see the value is to look at the community/devs and the technology behind it all.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
May 06, 2017, 01:40:55 AM
May 05, 2017, 09:14:56 PM

Activity: 2716
Merit: 883
May 05, 2017, 08:09:54 PM
Jump to: