Author

Topic: IOTA - page 357. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
April 30, 2017, 08:07:29 AM
GUYS YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!
EVERYONE THAT IS INTERESTED IN CRYPTO LOOK AT THIS TWEET!

https://twitter.com/DomSchiener/status/858379721029111808

Great.

What does conf. rate actually mean? What is the reason for confirming only 70% of transactions? Is it good or bad?

It's not really a good or bad. It's just a limitation of how our universe and physic works. (limitation of where the speed of light is finite).
A real network with latency can't get 100% of transactions confirmed. It's like a sheep herd in a blizzard. Every sheep tries to get into the middle of the herd but there will inevitably be sheep on the edge.

Even in bitcoin, they do not have 100% confirmation rate, the transactions get removed from mem pool after a certain time.
They sort this by prioritizing the highest paid fees first..
In IOTA it is prioritized by having the highest POW.
Activity: 185
April 30, 2017, 06:44:57 AM
guys in the price now for iota is around 34Mbtc

thats a growth of almost x70 in comparism to the first price around 0.46Mbtc

now the question is wheter to invest now or wait until it hit the exchanges.

because all the people holding iota now want to make a nice profit so they gonna dump a bunch of their coins and the price will go down right ?

What do you think ?

Buying pressure will be very high if everything goes well with the testnet. First cryptocurrency with no-fee transactions and solved scalability issues. I'd say hold.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
April 30, 2017, 06:27:25 AM
guys in the price now for iota is around 34Mbtc

thats a growth of almost x70 in comparism to the first price around 0.46Mbtc

now the question is wheter to invest now or wait until it hit the exchanges.

because all the people holding iota now want to make a nice profit so they gonna dump a bunch of their coins and the price will go down right ?

What do you think ?
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
April 30, 2017, 05:57:55 AM

Great.

What does conf. rate actually mean? What is the reason for confirming only 70% of transactions? Is it good or bad?
Activity: 72
Merit: 1
April 30, 2017, 12:53:18 AM
IOTA is a long-term project I believe.
April 30, 2017, 12:19:58 AM
I read the white paper (if you can call it that) for another DAG coin which shall remain nameless, but it appears to me to be a "centralized" coin since it will be relying on "reputable" witnesses. Does this one have anything like that?

http://www.tangleblog.com/2017/01/03/byteball-vs-iota-token/

IOTA and the other DAG that you read about essentially only share one commonality: they both use a DAG protocol. The similarities pretty much end there. That's not to comment on the utility of each.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
www.iota.org
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
April 29, 2017, 08:22:45 PM
How do you claim your IOTA's?
April 29, 2017, 08:18:13 PM

Activity: 714
April 29, 2017, 08:02:57 PM

There was another issue about fracturing but I haven't digged deep enough yet to know what that entails. I did see someone, I think it was from bitcoin core, say something off hand that DAGs were susceptible to that but I haven't been able to find that info again yet. Can someone give me a somewhat detailed breakdown of what that entails (or point me in the right direction to learn about it) and how IOTA gets around it?

Lastly, has the coin's cryptography and implementation been peer reviewed yet by any of the experts from the crypto currency realm?

To your first point: 'fracturing' I presume is Partition Tolerance? From a CAP Theorem point of view IOTA is indeed Partition Tolerant with Eventual Consistency. This is actually a good thing, it allows IOTA to seamlessly operate in the Internet of Things, which ironically will be more about meshnets than 'Internet'.

Re: Cryptography, has been and is still being reviewed, thus far no one has found any errors with it.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
April 29, 2017, 07:38:12 PM
anyone tried www.iotawallet.info? is it secure?
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
April 29, 2017, 07:08:06 PM
Too lazy (and no expert) to answer all of the above questions sorry, but you might find these useful:

https://forum.iotatoken.com/t/iota-consensus-masterclass/1193
https://forum.iota.org/t/iota-double-spending-masterclass/1311

Right now IOTA is somewhat centralized because of the "coordinator" node, which will be shut off once the global PoW hashrate is large enough to mitigate attacks. The network will be fully decentralized after that point.

Afaik Sergio Lerner reviewed it, possibly among others.

The whitepaper is a bit outdated and will get updated according to David.
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
April 29, 2017, 06:15:22 PM
Greetings. Been getting back into looking at some new coins and I REALLY like the whole IoTs of this one. I do however have some questions. I'm not very cryptography technical so a lot of the white paper mumbo jumbo is over my head. Well, certainly all the math.

From what I've started researching about DAGs, there's a very real issue with double spending which the white paper discuses. My walk away from that though, and from learning that there can be a lot more possible selection algorithms than what is outlined, is that this project is very much an "experiment" at this point. Am I correct in that assumption and if so, in what way will the project inevitably find which ones provide the most secure result? Not saying that's a bad thing since bitcoin is just an experiment as well. Although, at this point it feels like bitcoin has become more of a social experiment as opposed to technical lol.

The other thing I didn't see in there was anything to do regarding something about the payer and payees being able to use different probabilistic algorithms. Is there something in the design/implementation that removes that issue?

I read the white paper (if you can call it that) for another DAG coin which shall remain nameless, but it appears to me to be a "centralized" coin since it will be relying on "reputable" witnesses. Does this one have anything like that?

There was another issue about fracturing but I haven't digged deep enough yet to know what that entails. I did see someone, I think it was from bitcoin core, say something off hand that DAGs were susceptible to that but I haven't been able to find that info again yet. Can someone give me a somewhat detailed breakdown of what that entails (or point me in the right direction to learn about it) and how IOTA gets around it?

Lastly, has the coin's cryptography and implementation been peer reviewed yet by any of the experts from the crypto currency realm?
Activity: 481
Merit: 250
April 29, 2017, 05:08:14 PM
SERIOUSLY?!

WHERE ARE ALL THE SPAMMERS AND ATTACKERS!

"IOTA SPAMMERS" IS FAKE NEWS!

THERE ARE AND NEVER WILL BE!

DON'T TRUST THE LIES!

I BOUGHT IOTA BECAUSE I HEARD THAT THERE WERE GOING TO BE SPAMMERS WHO WOULD HELP ME MAKE MY TRANSACTIONS FASTER AND I WAS LIED TO!!!!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK SCAMMERS!!!!

You can sell your IOTAs at YDX.

If you just bought your coins they are still at ydx so you could just sell now for a nice win , you are pathetic if you are crying like this when you can sell now and have the btc + the profit in your wallet in 2 houzrs
Activity: 734
April 29, 2017, 04:39:00 PM
SERIOUSLY?!

DON'T TRUST THE LIES!

I BOUGHT IOTA BECAUSE I HEARD THAT THERE WERE GOING TO BE SPAMMERS WHO WOULD HELP ME MAKE MY TRANSACTIONS FASTER AND I WAS LIED TO!!!!

You can sell your IOTAs at YDX.
Activity: 269
April 29, 2017, 01:58:57 PM
why is IPOTA not available on exchanges ?

It's not ready to be on exchanges yet. More testing needs to be done before that.
Activity: 260
https://i.imgur.com/anpUpg7.jpg
April 29, 2017, 09:43:46 AM
why is IPOTA not available on exchanges ?
April 29, 2017, 05:00:43 AM
Where can I get IOTA from?

When will this project go live?

IOTA has been live for a long time already.

Its just not available on exchanges yet, but you can trade with an "escrowed exchange" on YDX slack,
get your invite here http://iotaexchange.com/ or ask anyone that already has access to the service for the invite,
you can find most people on the official slack channel also have access so you can ask there at http://slack.iota.org/

Beware of scammers. always confirm identity and whatever things gets offered to you on the chats with other community members.
Activity: 447
April 29, 2017, 03:27:54 AM
Where can I get IOTA from?

When will this project go live?
April 28, 2017, 09:10:07 PM
SERIOUSLY?!

DON'T TRUST THE LIES!

In the future, avoid buying something you haven't fully researched. The IOTA team has been explicit in its desire to keep speculators away for this very reason. Just wait to buy until IOTA hits exchanges if you feel so compelled to buy on a whim.
Jump to: