Author

Topic: IOTA - page 379. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
March 15, 2017, 01:28:01 AM
Price too high. Also lot of ICO investors ready to dump when launched at exchanges. current OTC price is 30 times ICO price. Not a bargain at all.

It's 30 times ICO price because the ICO was held at a time when altcoins were at the end of bear market. Not many investors believed in IOTA ICO. Then Ethereum pump came and brought altcoins back to live. IOTA price was pretty much stable since then.

There was also more then a year of trading

OTC trade volume is tiny. hardly 10% of the ICO investors have sold. Once on smaller exchanges the price will surely dip from current price. and then it will pump when it gets listed on polo.

Better safe to wait than buying the top.

it will instantly get listed on all exchanges including polo

Also there are 3 buying and selling threads ob btctalk and the bot was initially not around and rebooted a couple of times so it does not reflect real otc volume over the last year

ICO was 2 years ago. Don't expect investors to sell cheap after holding that long. And the price was already way higher. We dropped already 70% from alltime high or so...

30 x return on ICO in BTC terms and 50 x return in fiat terms at current price. I dont know I think it is wise to wait till it is on proper exchange. I am sure a lot of ICO investors are still holding to sell on exchanges. current marketcap is already 40 million USD. Risk reward ratio does not look good.

It has dropped 70% from all time high. no reason for it not to drop further.

Who is going to sell that hasn't already?? If you think Zcash has a supply problem I can guarantee you that Iota will have one too. Ever heard of the sister project Jinn? Its a year and a half older and no one has sold it yet. No one.

So yeah, wait for the big dump Smiley Its SURELY coming.

Have you even seen what's in the pipeline?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 14, 2017, 11:57:23 PM
Price too high. Also lot of ICO investors ready to dump when launched at exchanges. current OTC price is 30 times ICO price. Not a bargain at all.

It's 30 times ICO price because the ICO was held at a time when altcoins were at the end of bear market. Not many investors believed in IOTA ICO. Then Ethereum pump came and brought altcoins back to live. IOTA price was pretty much stable since then.

OTC trade volume is tiny. hardly 10% of the ICO investors have sold. Once on smaller exchanges the price will surely dip from current price. and then it will pump when it gets listed on polo.

Also there are 3 buying and selling threads ob btctalk and the bot was initially not around and rebooted a couple of times so it does not reflect real otc volume over the last year

ICO was 2 years ago. Don't expect investors to sell cheap after holding that long. And the price was already way higher. We dropped already 70% from alltime high or so...

Also, OTC prices are averaging about 0.9 BTC per 100,000 Miota so about 18x the ICO, not 30x. Some sold as little as .4 BTC for 100K Miota yesterday (8x the ICO)

Edit: of course i am assuming these approximated numbers based on if you donated 5-10% to the foundation/big deal
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
March 14, 2017, 11:09:35 PM
1 bittrex
2 poloniex
3 Kraken
4 bitfinex
5 shapeshift
6 coinbase

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
March 14, 2017, 10:16:01 PM
1 Kraken
2 poloniex
3 shapeshift
4 bitfinex
5 bittrex
6 btc-e
7 btc38
8 coinbase
9 yobit
10 cryptopia
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
March 14, 2017, 10:08:42 PM
There is a very easy way to evaluate IOTA's price. You can take a look at http://coinmarketcap.com/ and think about where the IOTA's market cap should be based on its technology and business development so far if it is on Polo. Whence you figure out IOTA's market cap you will figure out its price.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
March 14, 2017, 09:44:40 PM

30 x return on ICO in BTC terms and 50 x return in fiat terms at current price. I dont know I think it is wise to wait till it is on proper exchange. I am sure a lot of ICO investors are still holding to sell on exchanges. current marketcap is already 40 million USD. Risk reward ratio does not look good.

yes! wise decision wait! who knows you get lucky and there's this huge dump you're talking about and iota long time holders decide to throw away their iotas at 1 satoshi per Giota for you Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
March 14, 2017, 09:42:39 PM

I actually don't like to grant opportunists a cheap price now... and I hope other investors think the same.
I really hate those luckers getting a cheap price after that long time hitting long term investors with strong passion in the face.
And stop trolling...
Activity: 545
Merit: 500
March 14, 2017, 09:42:05 PM
IOTA is complicated. Node sharing requiring static IP and port?

Lite clients are too centralized.
Activity: 715
March 14, 2017, 09:35:46 PM

lol, that is nothing, Iota will be in the Dash realm easily. It has more in the pipeline than almost any project (eth has more obviously). There was a ton sold already, large OTC amounts. Maybe a dozen whales left, if that.
March 14, 2017, 09:29:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
March 14, 2017, 09:23:49 PM

Activity: 481
March 14, 2017, 09:15:56 PM

March 14, 2017, 09:14:37 PM

March 14, 2017, 09:12:04 PM

foundation members , partnerships , technology solving scalability problems , no power wasted mining , no transaction fees , several real world use cases and pocs --- same mcap as doge

after eth went to 2,7 billion
Activity: 656
March 14, 2017, 09:11:08 PM

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
March 14, 2017, 08:54:16 PM

Well, its marketcap is around Dogecoin, I doubt it will go lower.
March 14, 2017, 08:40:48 PM
March 14, 2017, 08:36:24 PM
what is the implied market cap of IOTA right now based on slack trade prices?

About 40 million

It is very high now, I will hunt for some cheap IOTA tokens when it hits on exchanges, the price now which is not I want to buy.

Might go much higher , was already higher before
Activity: 524
March 14, 2017, 08:35:55 PM

About 40 million

It is very high now, I will hunt for some cheap IOTA tokens when it hits on exchanges, the price now which is not I want to buy.
March 14, 2017, 08:30:38 PM

About 40 million
Jump to: