Author

Topic: IOTA - page 383. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
March 13, 2017, 05:14:06 PM
COMPETITION

Finally exchange! lets see which ones is iota going to be listed on?

anyone take a guess?
(edit 4)win 5Gi up to ???Gi if you guess it right first!
only posts below this comment on this thread counts!

competition closes when we have 5 listings or 1months from now (edit2:) or 1week after first listing.(which ever one is more)

you will only get one chance to play, so only your first qualifying post will count. edited posts do not count and will be void/not considered.
make a new post if you need editing and try delete the old post.
edit (only one winner per correct answer.)

this is the way its going to work;
write down in the correct order you think iota gets listed, for every order you get correct you win 5GI,
EDIT3: (Guys! Alot of creativity here but please, i do not consider ydx.slack.com as an exchange. please make new post as your guess no. with ydx.slack.com will be counted as a wrong guess.)
example.

1.exchange lists iota 1st
2.exchange name lists iota 2nd
3.exchange name lists iota 3rd
4.exchange name lists iota 4th
5.exchange name lists iota 5th
6.exchange name lists iota 6th
7.exchange name lists iota 7th
8.exchange name lists iota 8th
9.exchange name lists iota 9th
10.exchange name lists iota 1oth
....etc

Activity: 689
Merit: 507
March 13, 2017, 01:57:45 PM
Just in case you are not on slack!!!

"David Sønstebø
8:28 PM
@here We will be shutting down #trading and OTC-EX next week in preparation for the official exchange launch. There is still no concrete date, but we are getting quite close. The reason for shutting it down is simple: we are currently tying up all loose ends and want the IOTA exchange launch to happen properly, therefore no need for trading in here."

And note that it will be traded in Miota
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
March 13, 2017, 11:30:23 AM
Just in case you are not on slack!!!

"David Sønstebø
8:28 PM
@here We will be shutting down #trading and OTC-EX next week in preparation for the official exchange launch. There is still no concrete date, but we are getting quite close. The reason for shutting it down is simple: we are currently tying up all loose ends and want the IOTA exchange launch to happen properly, therefore no need for trading in here."

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
March 13, 2017, 08:27:32 AM
I am disabling my OTC bot on https://iotatangle.slack.com and moving it to https://ydx.slack.com. Within the following 5 days cancel all orders and contact me via a direct message to @yassinnxt, please. I will need your YDX Slack @username to transfer the tokens (this will be done without any fee). Ask me or any member of YDX Slack to send you an invitation to the team, your email is required for that. Those who don't request the transfer of the tokens will get them sent to their addresses (with the fee too).

PS: There are also ARDR/BTC, ETH/BTC, GB/BTC, GBB/BTC, KMD/BTC, NXT/BTC and WAVES/BTC trading pairs available on https://ydx.slack.com. Iotas are traded in Mi units there and the minimal deposit/withdrawal amount is reduced 10-fold (from 1 Gi to 100 Mi).
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
www.iota.org
March 13, 2017, 07:37:09 AM
I'm sill trying to claim Iotas.
I built GUI wallet and trying to use light mode. The wallet seems to be connected to a server.
When I try to claim, it says 'empty seed', although the old address generator still produces the same address as before from this seed, so there is no error in the seed. What could be wrong?

Better ask at slack, there you get help probably quicker.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
March 13, 2017, 07:19:48 AM
@yassin: is it planned to add your exchange to cryptomarketcap ?

I hope I will never see a Slack-OTC exchange on coinmarketcap )
why, you dont like my service ?  Cry Cry Cheesy

I do like your service, but it's not convenient for marketcap-counters ) It's perfect for early-birds distribution tho'  Wink
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
March 13, 2017, 07:16:54 AM
I'm sill trying to claim Iotas.
I built GUI wallet and trying to use light mode. The wallet seems to be connected to a server.
When I try to claim, it says 'empty seed', although the old address generator still produces the same address as before from this seed, so there is no error in the seed. What could be wrong?
legendary
March 13, 2017, 07:14:54 AM

why, you dont like my service ?  Cry Cry Cheesy
legendary
March 13, 2017, 07:14:13 AM
No plan, for moment!! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
March 13, 2017, 07:11:07 AM

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 13, 2017, 06:48:26 AM

No.
Activity: 596
March 13, 2017, 06:44:36 AM
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
March 12, 2017, 07:00:37 PM
Which version best to use for light wallet?

"v2.1.0: GUI Wallet (with Light Wallet support)"

or latest one

"v2.1.1: New Tip Selection"

Ok, thanks Smiley
legendary
March 12, 2017, 06:58:18 PM

or latest one

Activity: 307
March 12, 2017, 06:56:17 PM

or latest one

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
www.iota.org
March 12, 2017, 03:24:46 PM

That is actually a great idea. Another idea would be to use such services e.g. in the museums.

I've noticed that in some museums you have to pay for the lighting for some minutes of some objects (pictures, sculptures or facade elements). You have to pay for this with coins, I think it would be much easier and more modern to pay for it with IOTA App. Just an another idea.
Activity: 269
March 11, 2017, 11:12:04 PM
One of IOTA's advantages which has not been appropriately appreciated is her simplicity. IOTA is a very simple protocol. One of reasons that it is much simpler than other protocols like Bitcoin and Ethereum is that IOTA gets rid of miners. In IOTA, the transaction issuers are also transaction approvers and they are no longer decoupled as in Bitcoin and Ethereum which use miners as the transactions approvers.

We all know how many frictions the miners have brought into the Bitcoin system. The third party (such as miners in PoW, stakers in PoS, witnesses and delegates in other systems) naturally makes the system more complicated (in other words, more vulnerable) and brings more frictions into it.

Many people have mentioned that a significant reason that TCP/IP and WWW protocols had been chosen and adopted by the market is that they both are very simple protocols. We can probably say that a simpler protocol is easier to be adopted by the market.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Activity: 689
Merit: 507
March 11, 2017, 05:57:16 PM
I think IOTA will be the settlement network of the 21 century. bitcoin is just too expensive, too old tech etc you know it all.

Yes! BTC => 1st gen
      NXT => 2nd gen
      IOTA => 3rd gen

Each one the first and leader of its generation.

I love Nxt but I would say Eth is prob 2nd Gen at this point.
lets say

NXT => 2nd gen
ETH => 3rd gen
IOTA => 4rd gen

No, better =

BTC = -2
NXT = -1
ETH = 0
Iota = 1
Previous coin were just drafts for Iota :-)
Activity: 784
March 11, 2017, 05:31:18 PM
I think IOTA will be the settlement network of the 21 century. bitcoin is just too expensive, too old tech etc you know it all.

Yes! BTC => 1st gen
      NXT => 2nd gen
      IOTA => 3rd gen

Each one the first and leader of its generation.

I love Nxt but I would say Eth is prob 2nd Gen at this point.
lets say

NXT => 2nd gen
ETH => 3rd gen
IOTA => 4rd gen
Jump to: