Author

Topic: IOTA - page 384. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
www.iota.org
March 11, 2017, 12:18:26 PM
I so checked what is this signature technology. This is really hard to understand for non crypto experts.
But if I well understood the use of this technology is the reason why IOTA core developpers insist on generating a new address each time we want to receive a IOTAS in the same wallet.

This is not a big drawback to my opinion.

It is possible and sure to transfer iotas to the same address, you can receive iotas (several transactions) on the same address, no problem. Only if you spend iotas from this address it's no so sure further.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
March 11, 2017, 10:37:47 AM
I so checked what is this signature technology. This is really hard to understand for non crypto experts.
But if I well understood the use of this technology is the reason why IOTA core developpers insist on generating a new address each time we want to receive a IOTAS in the same wallet.

This is not a big drawback to my opinion.

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
March 11, 2017, 08:01:54 AM
Is it really quantum resistant ?

When IOTA community says that this technology is "quantum resistant". I think it's true only for the tangle itself.

But one day, if an hacker find an address with a huge amount of money and has a "super comuter", he could could generate a seed macthing with this address easily no ?

There are just too many possible seeds, even for a 'super computer'.
Activity: 774
Merit: 503
March 10, 2017, 09:39:16 PM

When IOTA community says that this technology is "quantum resistant". I think it's true only for the tangle itself.

But one day, if an hacker find an address with a huge amount of money and has a "super comuter", he could could generate a seed macthing with this address easily no ?

It is indeed quantum resistant, Iota uses Winternitz signing which is quantum-immune. For more info check part 4.3 of http://188.138.57.93/tangle.pdf.

With IOTA's technology generating seed from an address wouldn't be too easy even if it is a super computer.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
March 10, 2017, 09:23:37 PM

Activity: 473
Merit: 251
March 10, 2017, 08:13:00 PM
He pointed out the first coin of each generation, not the best one.
It is a matter of opinion whether Ethereum is really the best 2nd generation coin.
Apart from my point of view, Nxt respectively Ardor have delivered more and are more stable.

I think IOTA will be the settlement network of the 21 century. bitcoin is just too expensive, too old tech etc you know it all.

Yes! BTC => 1st gen
      NXT => 2nd gen
      IOTA => 3rd gen

Each one the first and leader of its generation.

I love Nxt but I would say Eth is prob 2nd Gen at this point.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
Activity: 339
March 08, 2017, 10:34:50 AM

Still around IOTA and belive it is a greate step forward , i have been reading the whitepaper and posts here. I still can not get my head around milestone node.  So the tangle on milestone server counts more then what other nodes have?  and also in this case the use of the server will always be there and it would be so that IOTA is not 100% trustless. 

Coordinator will be removed in the future, when the tangle evolves.

right, so when the network is big enough they take the server offline. thank you for making it clear
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
March 08, 2017, 10:29:11 AM

Still around IOTA and belive it is a greate step forward , i have been reading the whitepaper and posts here. I still can not get my head around milestone node.  So the tangle on milestone server counts more then what other nodes have?  and also in this case the use of the server will always be there and it would be so that IOTA is not 100% trustless. 

Coordinator will be removed in the future, when the tangle evolves.
Activity: 339
March 08, 2017, 10:20:51 AM

Activity: 481
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
March 07, 2017, 08:17:18 PM
I think IOTA will be the settlement network of the 21 century. bitcoin is just too expensive, too old tech etc you know it all.

Yes! BTC => 1st gen
      NXT => 2nd gen
      IOTA => 3rd gen

I love Nxt but I would say Eth is prob 2nd Gen at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
March 07, 2017, 07:04:18 PM

Yes! BTC => 1st gen
      NXT => 2nd gen
      IOTA => 3rd gen

Activity: 784
March 07, 2017, 04:43:17 PM
March 07, 2017, 01:05:54 PM
Indeed, different tech, operation approach, and business model. It will change the way how the crypto platforms do business in the future. It is a paradigm shift in both technology and business model in this cryptocurrency industry.

It's amusing to me how much traction Iota has gained on so many fronts without ever being available on any exchange, it's the opposite of speculation. Iota made the front page of r/bitcoin with the Ubuntu news and had btc fanboys shitting their pants. I've never seen anything like it in crypto, kudos to David and Dom for their work. Now the community needs to focus on independent developer projects. There are large bounties available from whale club to fund independent developer projects so spread the news!
March 07, 2017, 12:34:09 PM
Indeed, different tech, operation approach, and business model. It will change the way how the crypto platforms do business in the future. It is a paradigm shift in both technology and business model in this cryptocurrency industry.
Activity: 1451
Merit: 258
March 07, 2017, 12:26:56 PM

IOTA From the beginning it was very different from most of the coin, they have a different idea, that's the reason IOTA continue to develop.
March 07, 2017, 12:24:38 PM
Coindesk article will bring more awareness for IOTA. In the mean time, whoever has made his/her way to the Slack trading before a major exchange lists IOTA is extremely lucky.
March 07, 2017, 12:24:13 PM
And at 6 BTC per Ti iota's marketcap is 16 674  - below dogecoin, below waves  Huh Roll Eyes
This will be a historic opportunity to buy Iota, those who go through the effort of OTC will be rewarded, there is big news coming. Okay, that's all I'm saying, not trying to pump. Smiley
Jump to: