Author

Topic: IOTA - page 387. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
***crypto trader***
February 26, 2017, 06:33:15 AM
Where I buy IOTA ? Any exchanger ? Please inform me )
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
February 26, 2017, 05:25:21 AM
How do i join Iota Slack
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
February 26, 2017, 03:56:34 AM
Calling other cryptocurrency insignificant bs (byteball) from the iotatoken account also doesn't appear nice. This is also my problem with monero team, they are quick to attack and call other altcoins scams and shitcoins which may be true but doesn't look good. In both cases doing my own research I think both projects (monero and iota) have superior technology and attacking other altcoins makes no sense and only brings bad image to themselfs.

You just don't know the complete story which started on one snowy day when the first Byteball shill came to us. Here is a similar story about Emercoin - http://forklog.net/emercoin-claims-spammer-attempt-to-discredit-the-project/.
Activity: 185
February 26, 2017, 03:48:23 AM
Calling other cryptocurrency insignificant bs (byteball) from the iotatoken account also doesn't appear nice. This is also my problem with monero team, they are quick to attack and call other altcoins scams and shitcoins which may be true but doesn't look good. In both cases doing my own research I think both projects (monero and iota) have superior technology and attacking other altcoins makes no sense and only brings bad image to themselfs.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
February 25, 2017, 03:35:44 PM
When Donald Trump was asked the same question during the election, he said once that he behaved like a CEO in the boardroom and behaved like a fighter in the fight-room (fighting back his opponents and the hostile media). That is why so many people got so wrong and underestimated so much about Trump and refused to take him seriously because they mistook his boardroom behaviors with his fight-room behaviors even though Trump had already built a billion dollar business empire.
Activity: 263
February 25, 2017, 12:43:20 PM
@ IOTA TEAM :

Could really be worth to get infos and contact them :

http://www.iot-valley.fr/eng
https://www.facebook.com/iotvalley/

IoT Valley is an association created in 2009 by four entrepreneurs from Toulouse. Today it is Europe's reference business ecosystem specialized in the internet of things and connected objects.

Concentrated on innovative companies, the association has more than 40 startups and an acceleration program: LeConnected.Camp. It is almost entirely financed with private funds through partnerships with major groups such as SNCF or AG2R, and industry leaders like Microsoft, Intel, Samsung, EBV Elektronik, etc ...Each year LeConnected.Camp helps 20 new startups.

IoT Valley brings together over 350 members in 10,000 m2 in the outskirts of Toulouse. By promoting the exchange and pooling of resources and skills, and boosting sharing among its member companies, it multiplies their chances of creating tomorrow's success stories.

Because it is constantly developing, IoT Valley has started the construction of a 10-hectare campus at Labège-Innopole, which is entirely dedicated to connected objects. Our objective is to accommodate more than 250 startups at the end of 2018 !

http://leconnected.camp

Le Connected Camp is a 9 months acceleration program for IoT startups. Our focus is to bring you qualified business leads with large corporations and secure the manufacturing process for your product. On top of that, make sure that you stay focus and go fast. Meaning that for every problem you will have we’ll find an expert that can help you out within 2 days, for free.

http://www.sigfox.com/en

I hope it could help

Hi, by curiosity, did this lead to something useful ?

Thanks
February 25, 2017, 10:52:20 AM
Thank you for the awesome technology you guys are making and the great support you are providing, there is a lot of progress in iota but can you please stop using words such as "useless piece of shit" and "idiot" tho, it makes it look unprofessional since its coming from the official iotatoken account.

It doesn't make sense to behave "officially" on BitcoinTrashTalk where trolling is allowed (it was confirmed "officially" by a moderator) and strong language is used on every single page. Sticking to your advice would mean that we take BTT seriously, which we actually don't.

There is a saying on the internets which goes like: Don't feed the trolls

Anyway,
Congrats on the cooperation with ubuntu, looking forward to what is to come.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
February 25, 2017, 10:27:34 AM
Child_Harold saga coming to an end

Thank you for the awesome technology you guys are making and the great support you are providing, there is a lot of progress in iota but can you please stop using words such as "useless piece of shit" and "idiot" tho, it makes it look unprofessional since its coming from the official iotatoken account.

I disagree.  Considering the situation, such language is more than appropriate.  No doubt.

BUT...  I sincerely hope that the Iota team is 100% sure folks will be reimbursed by the useless piece of shit idiot's actual accounts.  It will be a total disaster if other unclaimed Iota accounts get involved by accident.

We already isolated the account a a year ago.
February 25, 2017, 10:19:40 AM

Back in the very early days of IOTA there was a lot of OTC trades on this forum, some useless piece of shit who went by the moniker 'Child_Harold' managed to scam quite a lot of people for tens of thousands of dollars. His victims had been repeatedly warned by ourselves and virtually everyone else to not conduct non-escrow trades with someone that used to berate the founders of the project, but they went ahead anyway...We managed to stop it before it got way out of hand, since then the victims of CH has wondered if it is possible for them to get some of the tokens he sold them, the answer is yes, however CH oversold his stake, so if you bought from him you will only get a fraction of the number he promised you.

We finally got the time now to resolve this permanently and are preparing the release of these tokens, this means that if you were an unfortunate Child_Harold victim then you need to fire up the IOTA client and generate address to get the tokens. Send your address to [email protected]

PS: I know from experience that at least one idiot will try to scam here by claiming they were a victim of CH, when in reality they werent, don't bother wasting time, we got verifiable info about each of the real victims.

Someone that scams people for tens of thousands of dollars and berate the founders of the project and other people are objectively a 'useless piece of shit', I will never 'politically correct' myself to the degree where I don't call a spade a spade, particularly on BTT. I feel like people got a very naive view of what 'professional' means, companies don't care that you call out trolls and call scammers what they are.
Activity: 1624
February 25, 2017, 10:08:28 AM
Maybe this will help new users who do not know IOTA project, and you can see a video tutorial about IOTA - Next Generation Blockchain ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbhkao9Lobk
legendary
February 25, 2017, 10:03:42 AM

It doesn't make sense to behave "officially" on BitcoinTrashTalk where trolling is allowed (it was confirmed "officially" by a moderator) and strong language is used on every single page. Sticking to your advice would mean that we take BTT seriously, which we actually don't.
February 25, 2017, 09:59:43 AM

Back in the very early days of IOTA there was a lot of OTC trades on this forum, some useless piece of shit who went by the moniker 'Child_Harold' managed to scam quite a lot of people for tens of thousands of dollars. His victims had been repeatedly warned by ourselves and virtually everyone else to not conduct non-escrow trades with someone that used to berate the founders of the project, but they went ahead anyway...We managed to stop it before it got way out of hand, since then the victims of CH has wondered if it is possible for them to get some of the tokens he sold them, the answer is yes, however CH oversold his stake, so if you bought from him you will only get a fraction of the number he promised you.

We finally got the time now to resolve this permanently and are preparing the release of these tokens, this means that if you were an unfortunate Child_Harold victim then you need to fire up the IOTA client and generate address to get the tokens. Send your address to [email protected]

PS: I know from experience that at least one idiot will try to scam here by claiming they were a victim of CH, when in reality they werent, don't bother wasting time, we got verifiable info about each of the real victims.

February 25, 2017, 09:47:23 AM

We finally got the time now to resolve this permanently and are preparing the release of these tokens, this means that if you were an unfortunate Child_Harold victim then you need to fire up the IOTA client and generate address to get the tokens. In addition to this send link to proof of your trade with CH and your address to me on PM

legendary
February 25, 2017, 08:06:29 AM
Sometimes it requires replay to finish IOTA sending, along IOTA network becomes bigger and bigger, will this issue be fixed completely?

No, there will always be transactions needing replays.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
February 25, 2017, 08:03:33 AM
Sometimes it requires replay to finish IOTA sending, along IOTA network becomes bigger and bigger, will this issue be fixed completely?
Activity: 481
February 24, 2017, 07:15:45 AM
Innogy post mentions Fiat tokens on iota. Could this mean that iotatokens will soon be worthless?

No. You must mean the graph in Stoker's blog - https://medium.com/iotatangle/automating-machine-transactions-and-building-trust-in-the-4th-industrial-revolution-d3219a157396#.852c69mik

To me it looks like through an outside wallet, the other crypto and fiat tokens can interact/inter-operate with IOTA network(for instance, IOTA can inter-operate with Rootstock and Ethereum as an oracle and data provider). To achieve the high efficency, within the IOTA network and the machines, IOTA token is the medium for exchange and trade

I should have looked closer. It looks like you've said. I somehow thought you could have all kinds of tokens on the iota network tho.

colored coins will be possible with iota, as well.

and in the meanwhile we can just use eth smart contracts.
Activity: 159
February 24, 2017, 06:58:06 AM
Innogy post mentions Fiat tokens on iota. Could this mean that iotatokens will soon be worthless?

No. You must mean the graph in Stoker's blog - https://medium.com/iotatangle/automating-machine-transactions-and-building-trust-in-the-4th-industrial-revolution-d3219a157396#.852c69mik

To me it looks like through an outside wallet, the other crypto and fiat tokens can interact/inter-operate with IOTA network(for instance, IOTA can inter-operate with Rootstock and Ethereum as an oracle and data provider). To achieve the high efficency, within the IOTA network and the machines, IOTA token is the medium for exchange and trade

I should have looked closer. It looks like you've said. I somehow thought you could have all kinds of tokens on the iota network tho.

colored coins will be possible with iota, as well.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
February 24, 2017, 06:19:07 AM

Jump to: