Author

Topic: IOTA - page 401. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
January 22, 2017, 04:24:01 PM
I wish you said it to me. In that case, i must clarify that i want to understand true it or false by reading technical literature. I would be very glad if someone could help me with my request  Smiley

IOTA and Byteball are apple and orange, no comparability.

more you can read about IOTA:
Tangle white paper - http://www.iotatoken.com/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf
https://forum.iotatoken.com/t/iota-blog/461
https://forum.iotatoken.com/t/articles-and-papers-on-iota-and-tangle/263
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
January 22, 2017, 03:37:31 PM
Claiming worked like a charm on my mac.

Thank you guys! Keep up the good work!
Activity: 503
Merit: 502
January 22, 2017, 12:08:37 PM
That's great news for IOTA community!!! Grin

Does this claiming process still valid for v2.1.0 wallet?

http://iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml

is it safe now to use the light wallet for claiming and regular use, or is it still not a final release and intended just for testing?

At the moment i know 2 people that successfully claimed with the light-wallet (1 on linux and 1 on windows). I never heard of a problem with claiming  Smiley

Its really easy:
Go to "Tools" and click "Claim Process"

Then simply enter your old seed and a new seed. Wait until PoW is finished. Login with your new seed Smiley

Take care of your seeds! Make sure you dont lose them in any way (create backups, print them or do whatever is needed that they dont get lost)

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
January 22, 2017, 11:56:18 AM
whatever you heard was created merely by speculators and hype.

I wish you said it to me. In that case, i must clarify that i want to understand true it or false by reading technical literature. I would be very glad if someone could help me with my request  Smiley

Sorry but your request is not specific enough. Maybe you'll find something useful here www.iotasupport.com or here www.iotatoken.com or here https://iota.readme.io

Or do you have a specific question?
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1849
Crypto for the Crypto Throne!
January 22, 2017, 11:52:06 AM

I wish you said it to me. In that case, i must clarify that i want to understand true it or false by reading technical literature. I would be very glad if someone could help me with my request  Smiley
Activity: 360
January 22, 2017, 11:31:51 AM
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1849
Crypto for the Crypto Throne!
January 22, 2017, 10:35:15 AM
Is it true, that IOTA have another technical system different from Blockchain (like in Bitcoin and other altcoins) ?
In byteball section someone said that Byteball seems like IOTA but better, without IOTA cons. In this regard, I would like to read some technical documentation of IOTA technology. Could you share it to me?
Activity: 433
Crypto Angel
January 22, 2017, 10:17:00 AM
is it safe now to use the light wallet for claiming and regular use, or is it still not a final release and intended just for testing?
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
January 22, 2017, 10:08:58 AM
That's great news for IOTA community!!! Grin

Does this claiming process still valid for v2.1.0 wallet?

http://iotasupport.com/claimingyouriota.shtml
Activity: 799
January 22, 2017, 08:05:00 AM
Cool news, thanks. I will check the lightfunction of the wallet.  Wink
Activity: 503
Merit: 502
January 22, 2017, 07:48:12 AM
We are moving forward  Smiley

Wallet:
Here you can find the officiall GUI wallet release that includes the light-wallet! The light-wallet ist still in testing phase so please report the bugs that you found!
https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases/tag/v2.1.0

Simply click on „Switch to light-mode“ under „Tools“:

The guys from iotasupport are so nice and also provide a node for the light-wallet users. http://service.iotasupport.com:14265
Alternatively you can contact me directly on slack and I will send you a node https://iotatangle.slack.com/messages/@rage1337/

Pros:
- no manual "Neighbor" sharing (IP trading)
- no need to sync anymore because the full-node is already sync
- claiming with the light-wallet is possible!

Start, login and done. If you got OpenCL the wallet will use the GPU instead of CPU for new addresses/transactions. I installed CUDA for Nvidia but not 100% sure if it is needed, maybe the standalone driver for nvidia also includes it.

Trade-Bot:
Here are the stats from the automatic trade bot in slack that is moderated by yassin (avg. price 12,56BTC/ti):
1'530 Gi and 6'449'787 microBTC on the balances
119 orders
42 trades
3'411 Gi traded for 42'861'020 microBTC

News:
Nice to see that the foundation members are open to the community!  (thanks to limo)

Proof of Concept, help limo with your ideas https://iotatangle.slack.com/messages/@limo/
Quote from: limo
Instead I created a PoC page on my blog, to provide developers with a few ideas.
But this isn't something I can do alone because I'm just one person and my creativity is limited. 
So please: Take 20 minutes of your time and try to think about a great use-case which is solely feasible with IOTA and write me a message.
I will add the idea with or withour your name and we provide developers with a few ideas. This is pretty damn easy and not unimportant, so start thinking and help IOTA out, even if you're just a small investor.
Thanks!
http://www.tangleblog.com/poc/

limo also started a community-based marketing channel where everyone can help, simply join: https://iotatangle.slack.com/messages/marketing/
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
January 21, 2017, 10:12:37 PM
i have just read about 50 pages..nice to see all these good news!

a special congrats to my friend cfb!
legendary
Activity: 1344
January 21, 2017, 09:44:39 PM

interesting interview

"Personally, I still see Bitcoin as an 8-year-old Proof of Concept which should have been stopped some time ago"

Bitcoin - after 8 years of development has 6000 active nodes and roughly 10 mln wallets.

For comparason here is numbers of Facebook active users by years:

1 million — End of 2004.
5.5 million — End of 2005.
12 million — End of 2006.
20 million — April 2007.
50 million — October 2007.
100 million — August 2008.
150 million — January 2009.
175 million — February 2009.
200 million — April 2009.
250 million — July 2009.
300 million — September 2009.
350 million — End of 2009.
400 million — February 2010.
500 million — July 2010.
608 million — End of 2010.
750 million — July 2011.
800 million — September 2011.
845 million — End of 2011.
901 million — March 2012.
955 million — June 2012.
1.01 billion — September 2012.
1.06 billion — December 2012.
1.11 billion — March 2013

I guess in 2020 Bitcoin will have 8000 active nodes and 15 mln wallets.
Activity: 332
Merit: 252
January 21, 2017, 09:33:26 PM

interesting interview

"Personally, I still see Bitcoin as an 8-year-old Proof of Concept which should have been stopped some time ago"
legendary
Activity: 1344
January 21, 2017, 06:47:47 PM
You all expect exchanges huh? What if its too much of a hassle to add iota on kraken or polo? Its brand new tech. Adoption is slow. I hope kraken will risk it tho.

Then life will become to boring thing, you know. Only 100% bitcoin forks is not a hassle to add. 5 min and it's done.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
January 21, 2017, 06:23:48 PM
You all expect exchanges huh? What if its too much of a hassle to add iota on kraken or polo? Its brand new tech. Adoption is slow. I hope kraken will risk it tho.
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
January 21, 2017, 02:32:46 PM
I don't think it will be launched any soon

Define "launched", please, because right now you look very uninformed.

He means the price launched to the moon.

My guess, launched as in IOTA being traded on popular crypto exchanges(poloniex, bittrex, kraken etc.).
Better Use YassinDEX!!  Cheesy Cool

Friendly announcement for you traders here:

"As a temporary solution, an OTC Bot has been set up to enable trading in the official IOTA slack.
Since @yassinnxt  provided an excellent service as escrow in the past, he will act as an intermediary, before IOTA hits exchanges.
Additional advice: @yassinnxt  is the only escrow. Don't send your funds to different persons and be sure to interact with @yassinnxt  only as impersonators occasionally tried to scam some people in the past."

The OTC-bot service assisted by Yassin works as follows:

1. You send BTC or iotas to an address provided by Yassin (via private message)
2. Yassin executes a command to deposit the accordant amount to your balance tracked by the bot
3. You buy/sell iotas (this can happen as many times as you need)
4. You send Yassin an address to withdraw the earned BTC/iotas
5. Yassin adjusts your balance and sends real tokens to your address
6. Trades are taxed with 0% fee.
7. Deposits/withdrawals are charged with 1% fee (rounded up).
8. Min amount of a deposit/withdrawal is 10'000 microBTC/2 Gi.
9. To get instructions on how to trade iotas once you get your tokens on the balance type "HELP" on #trading   channel.
10. As a precaution, you are advised to provide Yassin with an extra BTC and IOTA-address to be able to receive your funds once you left slack for different reasons, such as a ban or technical issues.
11. For each IOTA deposit, a new address must be generated. This is necessary to show the right balances for each entry listed by the bot.
12. For better usability, Gi and microBTC for fees are always rounded. (1Gi for 2GI-100Gi, 2Gi from >100Gi-200Gi and so on)

Example-trade:

-Alice contacts @yassinnxt   and says "I want to deposit 50 BTC"
-She sends 50 BTC to an address provided by Yassin
- Once 50 BTC are confirmed, Yassin types "GIVE 49.5 BTC TO @Alice (1% fee included)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Alice contacts Yassin and says "I want to withdraw 200 gigaiotas (Gi)"
-Yassin executes "TAKE 200 Gi FROM @Alice"
-Yassin sends 198 Gi to Alice (1% fee included)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Alice contacts Yassin and says "I want to deposit 200 Gi"
-She sends Yassin 200 Gi
-Once 200 Gi are confirmed he types "GIVE 198 gigaiotas TO @Alice" (1% fee included)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Alice contacts Yassin and says "I want to withdraw 50 BTC"
-Yassin types "TAKE 50 BTC FROM @Alice"
-Yassin sends 49.5 BTC to her (1% fee included)

Happy trading!

yassin kudos and all respect to you
You're 100000000% legit (seccour also)

but i will wait 4 exchanges.

when IOTA hits exchanges we will see moon Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
January 21, 2017, 02:19:15 PM

My guess, launched as in IOTA being traded on popular crypto exchanges(poloniex, bittrex, kraken etc.).
Better Use YassinDEX!!  Cheesy Cool

Friendly announcement for you traders here:

"As a temporary solution, an OTC Bot has been set up to enable trading in the official IOTA slack.
Since @yassinnxt  provided an excellent service as escrow in the past, he will act as an intermediary, before IOTA hits exchanges.
Additional advice: @yassinnxt  is the only escrow. Don't send your funds to different persons and be sure to interact with @yassinnxt  only as impersonators occasionally tried to scam some people in the past."

The OTC-bot service assisted by Yassin works as follows:

1. You send BTC or iotas to an address provided by Yassin (via private message)
2. Yassin executes a command to deposit the accordant amount to your balance tracked by the bot
3. You buy/sell iotas (this can happen as many times as you need)
4. You send Yassin an address to withdraw the earned BTC/iotas
5. Yassin adjusts your balance and sends real tokens to your address
6. Trades are taxed with 0% fee.
7. Deposits/withdrawals are charged with 1% fee (rounded up).
8. Min amount of a deposit/withdrawal is 10'000 microBTC/2 Gi.
9. To get instructions on how to trade iotas once you get your tokens on the balance type "HELP" on #trading   channel.
10. As a precaution, you are advised to provide Yassin with an extra BTC and IOTA-address to be able to receive your funds once you left slack for different reasons, such as a ban or technical issues.
11. For each IOTA deposit, a new address must be generated. This is necessary to show the right balances for each entry listed by the bot.
12. For better usability, Gi and microBTC for fees are always rounded. (1Gi for 2GI-100Gi, 2Gi from >100Gi-200Gi and so on)

Example-trade:

-Alice contacts @yassinnxt   and says "I want to deposit 50 BTC"
-She sends 50 BTC to an address provided by Yassin
- Once 50 BTC are confirmed, Yassin types "GIVE 49.5 BTC TO @Alice (1% fee included)
-Alice contacts Yassin and says "I want to withdraw 200 gigaiotas (Gi)"
-Yassin executes "TAKE 200 Gi FROM @Alice"
-Yassin sends 198 Gi to Alice (1% fee included)
-Alice contacts Yassin and says "I want to deposit 200 Gi"
-She sends Yassin 200 Gi
-Once 200 Gi are confirmed he types "GIVE 198 gigaiotas TO @Alice" (1% fee included)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Alice contacts Yassin and says "I want to withdraw 50 BTC"
-Yassin types "TAKE 50 BTC FROM @Alice"
-Yassin sends 49.5 BTC to her (1% fee included)

Happy trading!
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
January 21, 2017, 06:20:22 AM

Activity: 378
January 21, 2017, 05:44:08 AM

Jump to: