Author

Topic: IOTA - page 484. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
July 23, 2016, 04:32:30 PM
I heard this... where did this rumor/truth start?
That would be very disappointing - why would James do that?

You'd have to ask him. He insisted on contributing through work instead ( no idea why he considers them mutually exclusive as both are a no-brainer to me), but so far there is no effort from SuperNET apparent. My suggestion to the SuperNET crowd: make the devs and community realize that at the moment their 1.8% stake in IOTA is perhaps worth more than the rest of the SuperNET network combined, so perhaps prioritize it.

how much would their stake be in Ti?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 23, 2016, 04:14:53 PM
Yes. Iota tech is great but it is new. The release should be slow and careful. The tech must be properly tested and debugged. No rush to exchanges

Indeed, but it needs to be mentioned that IOTA has been in beta since January and has gone through extensive testing for months.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
July 23, 2016, 03:36:13 PM
Yes. Iota tech is great but it is new. The release should be slow and careful. The tech must be properly tested and debugged. No rush to exchanges
July 23, 2016, 03:21:06 PM

You'd have to ask him. He insisted on contributing through work instead ( no idea why he considers them mutually exclusive as both are a no-brainer to me), but so far there is no effort from SuperNET apparent. My suggestion to the SuperNET crowd: make the devs and community realize that at the moment their 1.8% stake in IOTA is perhaps worth more than the rest of the SuperNET network combined, so perhaps prioritize it.
Activity: 627
July 23, 2016, 03:14:40 PM
legendary
Activity: 1344
July 23, 2016, 03:12:14 PM
question is, who is the large whale who has not donated?
Because many people have given more than 5%! Myself included.

If some gigantic whale gives nothing then we can't reach the goal unless smaller whales and fish start giving 25-45% which is absurd if we are trying to reach 5% of total supply.

I only know that LJ777 hold 2% of all iotas and do not willing to donate a single iota.
Activity: 627
July 23, 2016, 03:03:50 PM
question is, who is the large whale who has not donated?
Because many people have given more than 5%! Myself included.

If some gigantic whale gives nothing then we can't reach the goal unless smaller whales and fish start giving 25-45% which is absurd if we are trying to reach 5% of total supply.

July 23, 2016, 03:02:06 PM
Under current circumstances the release should be postponed:

- the wallet is too complicated for the normal users out there => nodes / IPs / neighbors etc
- the syncing doesn't work properly and takes ages
- tx's are not being confirmed for a very long time atm

Imagine what would happen, if this thing goes live on Monday:

1) Average Joe is full of enthusiasm
2) He installs the wallet
3) He doesnt know why it's not working because he hasn't read all the webpages, readme's etc BECAUSE he hoped it would be a nice UI/ experience
4) He continues reading a lot and finally sets everything up => result: no sync
5) at the end of the day: frustration: SCAM! IOTA s*it etcpp

So PLEASE: Finish the software and code first before releasing this on the masses - you have no second chance for a first impression and especially in Cryptos it is essential to be stable/prepared at release - otherwise disaster is inevitable Sad

We have been very public about launch being a 3 step process that won't really finish until mid-2017. Check this latest interview for instance: https://cointelegraph.com/news/the-internet-of-things-blockchain-less-token-iota-launched-interview-with-co-founder
Exchange listing will happen when we're ready. But it also needs to be emphasized for the 100th time that we did not make IOTA for speculators, we made it for devs and the IoT world where people are sane enough to know that any revolutionary technology takes time to perfect, so we're not even remotely worried.
legendary
Activity: 1344
July 23, 2016, 02:30:59 PM
Hi iotatoken, could you please tell me what will happen in case IOTA foundation will not reach its goal of 139 Ti. Will your team really move on forked version of IOTA for VCs and let this ones fate in hands of ICO buyers? 125 is not that far from goal, If you can do good things with 139, I guess you can do good things with 125 Ti also.
Thanx for straight answer.

I will refrain from answering until Monday for one simple reason: This is a community decision, either they want an organized effort to bring IOTA to the real world, or not. 5% is absolutely nothing after people already have received 2000-4000% ROI on their original purchase.

However I can say this: we need the technology to succeed, so we will indeed do whatever it takes to enable this both for our company and also for the vision of a true machine-2-machine economy, as we genuinely believe this is the key to unlocking broadscale IoT. Regarding "125 is not that far from 139", 139 was never the goal, 139 was the absolute bare minimum, that's why we're so strict about reaching that.

Common guys, we really need this 11 terra iotas!
There will be no big deal without foundation!

Just 1 terra iota per 1 whale  Roll Eyes
Is it really so hurd ?

Who is in game?
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
July 23, 2016, 01:44:51 PM
Under current circumstances the release should be postponed:

- the wallet is too complicated for the normal users out there => nodes / IPs / neighbors etc
- the syncing doesn't work properly and takes ages
- tx's are not being confirmed for a very long time atm

Imagine what would happen, if this thing goes live on Monday:

1) Average Joe is full of enthusiasm
2) He installs the wallet
3) He doesnt know why it's not working because he hasn't read all the webpages, readme's etc BECAUSE he hoped it would be a nice UI/ experience
4) He continues reading a lot and finally sets everything up => result: no sync
5) at the end of the day: frustration: SCAM! IOTA s*it etcpp

So PLEASE: Finish the software and code first before releasing this on the masses - you have no second chance for a first impression and especially in Cryptos it is essential to be stable/prepared at release - otherwise disaster is inevitable Sad
July 23, 2016, 12:36:11 PM
Hi iotatoken, could you please tell me what will happen in case IOTA foundation will not reach its goal of 139 Ti. Will your team really move on forked version of IOTA for VCs and let this ones fate in hands of ICO buyers? 125 is not that far from goal, If you can do good things with 139, I guess you can do good things with 125 Ti also.

I will refrain from answering until Monday for one simple reason: This is a community decision, either they want an organized effort to bring IOTA to the real world, or not. 5% is absolutely nothing after people already have received 2000-4000% ROI on their original purchase.

However I can say this: we need the technology to succeed, so we will indeed do whatever it takes to enable this both for our company and also for the vision of a true machine-2-machine economy, as we genuinely believe this is the key to unlocking broadscale IoT. Regarding "125 is not that far from 139", 139 was never the goal, 139 was the absolute bare minimum, that's why we're so strict about reaching that.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
July 23, 2016, 11:25:03 AM
Activity: 224
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
July 23, 2016, 11:04:27 AM
Will try ist by myself now und donate 850 GI to BigDeal. I have already donated to foundation 6%, I guess BigDeal is at the very end also important.

Well done IOTATEAM

Richi  Smiley
July 23, 2016, 10:38:36 AM
http://foundation.iotatoken.com/ Foundation: 125.7460 Ti // 139 Ti ~90% of goal

http://bigdeal.iotatoken.com/     Big deal: 3.6194 Ti // 83 Ti ~4% of goal

Guys, is it really that hard to donate 10% of your Iota? If both projects pass, the rest of your Iota will likely be worth so so much more. Just take a moment to step back and look at the big picture.
Your donation will be greatly appreciated! And is really important for the future success of Iota!

Thanks!

P.s. I donated 20% of all my Iotas already. Now its the turn of those that haven't donated yet.

Scroll up - one reason it's hard to donate is that a fair number of participants are having trouble making transactions work. I haven't donated yet because I'm still dealing with wallet issues. Hopefully I'll have them all worked out by the 25th. Cfb has been very supportive so I'm not complaining - just pointing out that it's not just a matter of lazy or selfish hodlers.

We have already solved this issue by allowing everyone in your position to pledge donation here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uyPZ15irSXiwWZt7w8O1FUWGkg8yrsa1OjAwBHX2Ts4/edit
Activity: 695
July 23, 2016, 10:31:24 AM
http://foundation.iotatoken.com/ Foundation: 125.7460 Ti // 139 Ti ~90% of goal

http://bigdeal.iotatoken.com/     Big deal: 3.6194 Ti // 83 Ti ~4% of goal

Guys, is it really that hard to donate 10% of your Iota? If both projects pass, the rest of your Iota will likely be worth so so much more. Just take a moment to step back and look at the big picture.
Your donation will be greatly appreciated! And is really important for the future success of Iota!

Thanks!

P.s. I donated 20% of all my Iotas already. Now its the turn of those that haven't donated yet.

Scroll up - one reason it's hard to donate is that a fair number of participants are having trouble making transactions work. I haven't donated yet because I'm still dealing with wallet issues. Hopefully I'll have them all worked out by the 25th. Cfb has been very supportive so I'm not complaining - just pointing out that it's not just a matter of lazy or selfish hodlers.

You can contact me via PM here or on slack Chat via PM (prefered) and I will see if I can help you with what ever problem.
July 23, 2016, 10:10:43 AM
Iota nice idea, but still so bad marketing. Im never hear about iota

A good idea? It's revolutionary. Lol.
It's not officially released yet. If the foundation is funded, it'll be made more known.

i havent heard of it before either but i did take a look on their website..
referring to a crypto currency i would say nothing more or less then MaNy of the others;

BUT

their website is something that really caught my eye!
absolutely well done on the website!

very good job guys

The marketing is all 100% deliberate, we needed to resolve internal community issues before going large, we are not interested in some pump and dump hype and thousands of new people flocking to IOTA for speculative purposes. As soon as the loose ends are tied up you will hear about IOTA all the time.
Activity: 763
July 23, 2016, 09:29:06 AM
why do we need a foundation for the big deal?
If any company is interested, it can and should invest itself and not the community - do I miss something here?!
any answers?

At this moment, it is not so much about that those companies have seen the potentials in iota as it is about that iota team has seen the potentials of those companies in helping to promote iota in the real world and industry.
Activity: 360
July 23, 2016, 08:39:08 AM
why do we need a foundation for the big deal?

If any company is interested, it can and should invest itself and not the community - do I miss something here?!

any answers?
Activity: 763
July 23, 2016, 07:43:37 AM
Try looking into comparisons of a Tangle vs blockchain.

See the op comparison of tangle vs blockchain - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/iota-1216479
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
July 23, 2016, 02:38:25 AM
Jump to: