Author

Topic: IOTA - page 486. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 22, 2016, 03:31:46 AM

Guys, there will be no big deal without foundation.

There are clearly some greedy owners out there who are just standing by.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 22, 2016, 03:30:00 AM
My IOTA was running fine for  few days, then I rebooted my PC, now when I try and start IOTA wallet I can't connect anymore. Every time I start my wallet I see just for a split second a message like in the image below about 'connection refused', then the wallet shows black 'login' default screen. The error message flashes very fast.

http://i66.tinypic.com/35aneox.png

Any ideas? Is the 'connection refused' from my PC, or is it the tangle? I'm using windows

What do you mean black login default screen?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
July 22, 2016, 02:58:25 AM

Guys, there will be no big deal without foundation.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
July 21, 2016, 11:49:10 PM
My IOTA was running fine for  few days, then I rebooted my PC, now when I try and start IOTA wallet I can't connect anymore. Every time I start my wallet I see just for a split second a message like in the image below about 'connection refused', then the wallet shows black 'login' default screen. The error message flashes very fast.

Any ideas? Is the 'connection refused' from my PC, or is it the tangle? I'm using windows

That same thing happened to me. I restarted my computer again and it fixed it luckily

I think I've tried everything at my skill level - firewall, router, Java, Windows, IOTA nodes - just can't seem to get a connection, all nodes "null". Think I'll just have to wait for a new version and try and again then ...
Activity: 419
July 21, 2016, 11:20:30 PM

That same thing happened to me. I restarted my computer again and it fixed it luckily
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
July 21, 2016, 11:05:37 PM

Activity: 419
July 21, 2016, 11:03:57 PM
hi everyone. I am not a strong tech person and trying to make my Iota wallet work. Any of you that have a little time and can help me with the node process, please pm me if you can help. Thanks all. I am willing to do the work and learn.
legendary
Activity: 1540
July 21, 2016, 07:19:11 PM
A warm hello bonjour to the Iota Team Smiley
Welcome here!!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089
July 21, 2016, 06:35:34 PM
A warm hello bonjour to the Iota Team Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 21, 2016, 04:57:55 PM
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
ICONOMI Supporter
July 21, 2016, 04:57:03 PM
can smb link foundation page and big deal pages pls thanks ?
Activity: 378
July 21, 2016, 04:53:24 PM
Which exchanges will offer iota?

At the moment just this exchange https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=10569.msg222140#msg222140
Expensive and fast, so long as Tangle is solid Wink
Service suspended.
legendary
Activity: 1540
July 21, 2016, 04:30:32 PM
Which exchanges will offer iota? Bitrex or yobit?
for moment no news!! Smiley
Activity: 420
July 21, 2016, 03:55:21 PM
Which exchanges will offer iota? Bitrex or yobit?
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
July 21, 2016, 11:38:45 AM
can we buy IOTA yet?

Not yet, exchanges coming in a week or so. Be very cautious if anyone offers to sell OTC.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 21, 2016, 11:19:09 AM
can we buy IOTA yet?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 21, 2016, 10:17:03 AM
@tobo:
Thanks for answering three of six questions. Slack or former rocketchat are great platforms indeed. However I think more people which are getting into IOTA and installing the wallet are interested to know what those indicators/features mean. This is way I prefer to ask on BTCT.

I write an introduction to the subject and I need some information. I have six questions.
Would be happy if an expert could answer these questions.
1) What does the percent display next to the "show bundle" mean?
2) What does the figures (XXXX/XXXX) in the status bar at the bottom mean?

1) How is the hash related to the address?
2) What does the single number (0 in image 2) behind the address mean?
3) What does rebroadcast and replay mean?
4) What does the peristence mean?

Hope someone can answer the three unanswered questions. It is better to ask this kind questions on the Slack since the devs are also on the Slack.

1)the percent display next to the "show bundle" means the confirmation status and it is also called persistence. 100% means confirmed. The transactions need to be 100% to be confirmed. But it is ok for the address creation to be 0%.
2)?

1)?
2)?
3)rebroadcast does not do PoW. replay does PoW to propagate your transaction to the tangle.
4)see the first 1)

Ask on http://forum.iotatoken.com instead, BTT is not a place we got time to keep up with all the time
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
July 21, 2016, 09:51:56 AM
@tobo:
Thanks for answering three of six questions. Slack or former rocketchat are great platforms indeed. However I think more people which are getting into IOTA and installing the wallet are interested to know what those indicators/features mean. This is why I prefer to ask on BTCT.

I write an introduction to the subject and I need some information. I have six questions.
Would be happy if an expert could answer these questions.
1) What does the percent display next to the "show bundle" mean?
2) What does the figures (XXXX/XXXX) in the status bar at the bottom mean?

1) How is the hash related to the address?
2) What does the single number (0 in image 2) behind the address mean?
3) What does rebroadcast and replay mean?
4) What does the peristence mean?

Hope someone can answer the three unanswered questions. It is better to ask this kind questions on the Slack since the devs are also on the Slack.

1)the percent display next to the "show bundle" means the confirmation status and it is also called persistence. 100% means confirmed. The transactions need to be 100% to be confirmed. But it is ok for the address creation to be 0%.
2)?

1)?
2)?
3)rebroadcast does not do PoW. replay does PoW to propagate your transaction to the tangle.
4)see the first 1)
Activity: 427
July 21, 2016, 05:41:12 AM
@all: i am offering 100 Gioata for the person that can build and deliver me a tangleexplorer website!!!

Jump to: