Pages:
Author

Topic: [IOTA] IOTA Speculation - page 97. (Read 171564 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 250
June 27, 2016, 09:34:06 PM
I would like to sell 2.779.530.000.000 ( 1 million old iotas ) so exactly 0,1 % of the max supply for 20 btc , I bought the coins via escrow from windjic , so I can just send the coins once I get them.

Escrow would be ognasty since he holds the btc i paied for those coins.

If you would like to buy some pm me.
Activity: 504
June 27, 2016, 07:49:32 PM
If it has been confirmed that Child_harold was a scammer (I hope not) then I really hope a decision has been by @iotatoken to reimburse the buyers before launch. CH seemed very trustworthy to me and was working closely with some hero members. I agree that escrow should have been used but with new technology comes a lot of new users with a low level of understanding. I also believe it would be immoral to let multiple buyers (10+) lose out on such an awesome opportunity just because one member decided to steal. This is not comparable to the DAO attack as it is pre-launch and @iotatoken can freeze the account of the so called thief and reimburse the buyers at no expense.

For me reimbursing the buyers would solidify the IOTA team as a legitimate company that counts some of its earliest investors as valuable contributors.

or even better Child_harold returns a hero from his vacation and follows through with the order..

@iotatoken do we have any answers?

Regards,

FT

Sure, but how is it the dev team's problem if people buy an asset that isn't released without using escrow. That's like crypto-101
Activity: 504
June 27, 2016, 07:13:44 PM
Given that I have done many sales I am impressed that no one has called me a scammer yet:) I would just like everyone to know that while I was foolishly one of cryptoknightt's largest buyers, I realized the potential that I was duped early on and none of my sales have come out of the batch I bought from him. Every iota I have sold I have access to and will be able to fulfill my obligations 100%, regardless of default.

@ck, I truly hope you stick to your word on our deal, and that there is a respectful human on the other end of this screen.

Terrible situation. ck wouldn't even discuss using an escrow when I was talking to him about buying, big red flag. Hopefully it can be rectified by revoking his place in the genesis.

most likely he oversold his position, so even if his IOTA are seized buyers will face a decent loss.

This. If you buy from someone with shady rep, and no proof of ownership chances are very high you get screwed.

Though I would also argue that just because someone hasn't 'been here for a while' doesn't mean they don't intend to honor their commitments. We haven't launched yet.

I am not completely 'in the know' on the story so far though.
Activity: 690
Merit: 501
June 27, 2016, 04:31:36 PM
Of course I will happily donate a significate amount of my rescued IOTAs to the foundation once this story is finally resolved Smiley

Sounds as a bribing attempt  Cheesy

Did it work? I'm curious  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
June 27, 2016, 02:56:25 PM
Of course I will happily donate a significate amount of my rescued IOTAs to the foundation once this story is finally resolved Smiley

Sounds as a bribing attempt  Cheesy
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
June 27, 2016, 02:41:51 PM
Activity: 258
June 27, 2016, 02:29:19 PM
I´d be willing to buy 150,000,000,000 IOTAS for 1 BTC

please send me your offers. Escrow is mandatory...
i suggest you buy anything you can from cryptoknightt, because he is selling really cheap iotas, and even if he tries to scam, there will be bail out from the core team: so, that's a golden deal opportunity!

Stop giving uneducated advice. The reason dev can 'bail out' is because CH provided CFB his seed. No one knows CK's seed so no one can bail you out if you buy from CK and he scams you.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Polar bears are left handed
June 27, 2016, 01:03:40 PM
Given that I have done many sales I am impressed that no one has called me a scammer yet:) I would just like everyone to know that while I was foolishly one of cryptoknightt's largest buyers, I realized the potential that I was duped early on and none of my sales have come out of the batch I bought from him. Every iota I have sold I have access to and will be able to fulfill my obligations 100%, regardless of default.

@ck, I truly hope you stick to your word on our deal, and that there is a respectful human on the other end of this screen.

Was expecting you to say some reassuring words, thanks.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
June 27, 2016, 12:07:34 PM

Terrible situation. ck wouldn't even discuss using an escrow when I was talking to him about buying, big red flag. Hopefully it can be rectified by revoking his place in the genesis.

most likely he oversold his position, so even if his IOTA are seized buyers will face a decent loss.
Activity: 690
Merit: 501
June 27, 2016, 12:00:23 PM

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
June 27, 2016, 10:38:59 AM

No I don't get it. Perhaps you could word it differently and I can try again?

Sorry moving on, it requires some selfstudy now.

Sure thing, please go ahead. Perhaps start a blog and paste the link here when/if you have it sorted.
legendary
Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004
Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.
June 27, 2016, 10:26:47 AM
Please let's get back on-topic.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
June 27, 2016, 10:18:09 AM

Sorry moving on, it requires some selfstudy now.
legendary
June 27, 2016, 10:16:58 AM
Ah man, you left out the best part in your quote.

Kids: Don’t drink the Kool-Aid

No idea what Kool-Aid is, we drink vodka.

Shit! I've just recalled I forgot to feed my bear with vodka. Playing on balalaika made me forgot about what time it is now.

Nevermind. I don't mind drinking a vodka next to my pelmeni, gotta eat when drinking vodka!
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
June 27, 2016, 10:12:59 AM
It is not about CH taking the btc, it's about the solution.
I think Davids solution is certainly a way to correct this. But I don't agree.
Why: because it is impossible for a third party to be 100% sure it is CH's account.

Without the solution it's 100% sure many people will get scammed. With the solution there's 0.1%* chance someone will get scammed.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

It's impossible for you to be 100% sure there are two wrongs unless you are CH or bought his seed.

Your logic is flawed.

Are you implying giving the stolen tokens to those who paid for them but were scammed is wrong?

No, let me break it down in little pieces for you: Two wrongs:

1. it is impossible for a third party to be 100% sure it is CH's account.
2. 0.1% chance someone ELSE will get scammed (which is a random number you made up, but let's keep this in for the sake of argument)

Hence the saying: Two wrongs don't make a right.

Get it?

legendary
June 27, 2016, 10:08:55 AM

No idea what Kool-Aid is, we drink vodka.

Shit! I've just recalled I forgot to feed my bear with vodka. Playing on balalaika made me forgot about what time it is now.
legendary
June 27, 2016, 10:05:36 AM
Says who, you? So now you are not only the king of freezing accounts, but also of what is acceptable on BTT?

BTT stands for BitcoinTrashTalk, it's pretty common knowledge. After you get Legendary badge you'll get it.

@David you are right, as far as I'm concerned this is done.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 27, 2016, 09:59:30 AM
Alright people, let's move on from this tired topic.
legendary
June 27, 2016, 09:58:22 AM
Says who, you? So now you are not only the king of freezing accounts, but also of what is acceptable on BTT?

BTT stands for BitcoinTrashTalk, it's pretty common knowledge. After you get Legendary badge you'll get it.
legendary
June 27, 2016, 09:56:36 AM
Want to elaborate on that?

It's all upthread.
Pages:
Jump to: