Pages:
Author

Topic: [IOTA] IOTA Speculation - page 99. (Read 171564 times)

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
June 27, 2016, 05:54:39 AM
Do more people have a balance of 0 zero...  Undecided

farl4web, 23c is a 'special' version, actually only for claim. Many have 0 as balance. It's important you have your iotas in the HISTORY tab.

Ok, thanks. That seems to be right.
legendary
Activity: 1092
June 27, 2016, 05:52:02 AM

Also: How is leaving your purse on the streets and actively sending money to a complete stranger the same thing?

agreed, it was not the best analogy.
It just goes against my sense of justice that it's not scamming when I want to buy something (from a stranger or not) and he keeps my money and runs away.
I'll drop out of the discussion.

Please try to answer the question:
How is leaving your purse on the streets and actively sending money to a complete stranger the same thing?

Your personal opinion/ sense of justice doesn't matter when it come to the Law. Please read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_by_finding.

Jeez, it's not the same thing, that's why it's an analogy. Wink And thank you for the article, it tells me that theft by finding is a crime in some jurisdictions if the subject did not take reasonable steps to locate the owner.

And in the jurisdiction of my country, it's a crime if a seller does not honor his part of a purchasing contract.

I think you made your point clear, you think that someone who stole money is not a scammer, thank you.

As I said, I expressed my concerns but I seem to be the only one here.

And No I don't think someone who steals is not a scammer/thieve.

But let's focus on the Iota launch, and agree to disagree.
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
June 27, 2016, 05:49:52 AM
Do more people have a balance of 0 zero...  Undecided

yes, but I think (maybe CfB could confirm here) it's because you claimed with 0.9.23beta GUI.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
www.iota.org
June 27, 2016, 05:45:55 AM
Do more people have a balance of 0 zero...  Undecided

farl4web, 23c is a 'special' version, actually only for claim. Many have 0 as balance. It's important you have your iotas in the HISTORY tab.
legendary
June 27, 2016, 05:44:27 AM
I see you are strengthening your arguments by using memes...

I hate repeating myself but here goes:
You can't be sure 100% that the account is still in his possession, unless you are the owner of the account.

I use meme when I suspect that someone is trolling. Here is why I'm 100% sure that account is still in his posession:

1. He told me it's his account
2. He has several obligations pending, hence he couldn't sell the seed to that account

Any flaw in this logic?

Please, I am disappointed in the 'suspect trolling' argument.

Ofcourse he can sell the account + seed, why not, this deal could be made without your knowledge.

But since I am the only one that is concerned about this, I will leave it at that.

legendary
Activity: 1205
June 27, 2016, 05:40:14 AM
Do more people have a balance of 0 zero...  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1225
June 27, 2016, 05:34:15 AM

Also: How is leaving your purse on the streets and actively sending money to a complete stranger the same thing?

It just goes against my sense of justice that it's not scamming when I want to buy something (from a stranger or not) and he keeps my money and runs away.

How is leaving your purse on the streets and actively sending money to a complete stranger the same thing?

Your personal opinion/ sense of justice doesn't matter when it come to the Law. Please read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_by_finding.

Jeez, it's not the same thing, that's why it's an analogy. Wink And thank you for the article, it tells me that theft by finding is a crime in some jurisdictions if the subject did not take reasonable steps to locate the owner.

And in the jurisdiction of my country, it's a crime if a seller does not honor his part of a purchasing contract.

I think you made your point clear, you think that someone who stole money is not a scammer, thank you.

legendary
Activity: 2698
Merit: 1177
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse
June 27, 2016, 05:30:35 AM
This discussion is boring and pointless. The decision has been made.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
June 27, 2016, 05:28:03 AM
If you can't win an argument don't be a sour loser and make in personal.
You just can't be sure 100% that the account is still in his possession, unless you are the owner of the account.

CH said he will keep some iotas for himself. CH told me his account.
So, why I can't be sure?

You can't be sure 100% that the account is still in his possession, unless you are the owner of the account.

why are you so active about this?
you made your point.
do you know CH?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
June 27, 2016, 05:26:01 AM

I use meme when I suspect that someone is trolling. Here is why I'm 100% sure that account is still in his posession:

1. He told me it's his account
2. He has several obligations pending, hence he couldn't sell the seed to that account

Any flaw in this logic?
legendary
June 27, 2016, 05:18:53 AM
You just can't be sure 100% that the account is still in his possession, unless you are the owner of the account.

So, why I can't be sure?

legendary
June 27, 2016, 05:09:40 AM

legendary
June 27, 2016, 05:09:07 AM

So, why I can't be sure?
legendary
June 27, 2016, 05:07:03 AM
No, that depends. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_by_finding

Hehe, you defend CH so furiously like he is your younger brother. Tell him his account is frozen and he should come here to sort out the issue before the 10th of July.

legendary
June 27, 2016, 04:56:50 AM

legendary
June 27, 2016, 04:53:38 AM

Hehe, you defend CH so furiously like he is your younger brother. Tell him his account is frozen and he should come here to sort out the issue before the 10th of July.
legendary
June 27, 2016, 04:49:23 AM
Imo no scamming took place: sending btc to a random, unnown, drunk on the internet is just stupid.
Sending btc to a random, unnown drunk on the internet and being warned multiple times is just retarded.

If you leave your purse on the street it's not stealing if someone takes it?

legendary
June 27, 2016, 04:33:28 AM
Decentralisation is a big part of Iota as well, for security and transparancy reasons. If not why not just centralise?

Not yet. IOTA is quite centralized at the moment, and that's a good thing at this stage. It didn't launch yet, so the devs are free to freeze a scammers account.

Ofcourse, since there is no official network yet. But I am talking about the general vision on decentralisation.
If decentralisation would not matter why not use a centralised system. These system have proven to work, on the insuring both parties part. (creditcard companies, banks)
legendary
June 27, 2016, 04:06:16 AM
Decentralisation is a big part of Iota as well, for security and transparancy reasons. If not why not just centralise?

Not yet. IOTA is quite centralized at the moment, and that's a good thing at this stage. It didn't launch yet, so the devs are free to freeze a scammers account.
legendary
June 27, 2016, 04:04:30 AM
Since you brought this up and you are freezing Child_Harolds account, how did you get his seed? And how do you know it's his?

He told me.
Pages:
Jump to: