Pages:
Author

Topic: IPL Mutual Pool Discussion. - page 8. (Read 1943 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
March 26, 2020, 10:50:44 AM
What is the current situation in there now? Improving or going down as we speak?
For IPL we need things to get better globally or foreign players are not going to visit their and without foreign players I do not think IPL will be much attractive and there will be much money too.
Probably there will be no sport even across the world for the next 3 months at least because the damage done by corona affected many countries people's economy so they are not in a situation to spend money on entertainment even if the situation allows to conduct sport events.

Btw, being a Revenue Staff, I have 1-day duty on 31st. Let's see how this goes.

Edit: As per covid19india.org/, the number is still growing Sad I see no improvement. 61 new cases today.
Wear n95 masks ad stay away from any individuals while you are working.Be safe buddy. Smiley
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
March 26, 2020, 10:47:59 AM
Any confirm news of IPL being cancelled this year or will they move it to 3rd or 4th quarter this year ?
There is no sign of coronavirus conditions getting better world wide and hence i have no clue when they will be planning to conduct this tournament.

LOL... Is it possible to have the IPL in Q4 2020, and then another edition just 3-4 months later? Do you expect the other cricket boards to agree to this? Also, there will be some viewer fatigue. If they move ahead with their plans for an IPL edition later this year, then the viewership figures for the next year's tournament is going to be really low. I know it is going to be very hard for the BCCI to part with all that money. But still I would tell them that cancellation is the best option they got right now.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 416
Buy Bitcoin
March 26, 2020, 10:37:07 AM
What is the current situation in there now? Improving or going down as we speak?
For IPL we need things to get better globally or foreign players are not going to visit their and without foreign players I do not think IPL will be much attractive and there will be much money too.
I wouldn't say that the condition is improving. India is still in the early stages of an outbreak. Currently, the growth rate is around 1.2 as mentioned by the media hence Modi (Prime Minister) announced a 21-day lockdown starting 25 March to 15 April. Prior to that, we had a lockdown on 22nd March(Sunday) except for that almost everyone was going to work and the cities were crowded as usual. Even after the lockdown, in my State(13 during lockdown), since the numbers are low, individuals are completely irresponsible and were all roaming in the streets without proper awareness Undecided (Now its 29).  But Police and Revenue staffs have been employed to reduce the movement of the masses. Neighbouring states are doing ok except for Kerala with the lockdown. As of now, I can't say that conditions are improving if the growth rate is not curtailed, India may even surpass US and Italy Undecided  Btw, being a Revenue Staff, I have 1-day duty on 31st. Let's see how this goes.

Edit: As per covid19india.org/, the number is still growing Sad I see no improvement. 61 new cases today.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
March 26, 2020, 10:15:07 AM
Any confirm news of IPL being cancelled this year or will they move it to 3rd or 4th quarter this year ?
There are no official decision yet I think. But if they need to have one with only one match against each others in the group stage then I will be voting for cancellation. I know I will not enjoy it much. 

akhjob already has you answer.

When they are more focussed on the revenue, they'll always search for a way to conduct the tournament. But things are not in their favour right now. If the pandemic conditions improved because of the self-quarantine throughout the world, then maybe we'll have IPL on May 1. Anything before that is not possible IMO.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 416
Buy Bitcoin
March 26, 2020, 10:08:00 AM
i am in favor of if BCCI cancels the tournament this year as this risk is not worth it IMO.
Instead of having 7 group matches, cancellation is better in my opinion.
When they are more focussed on the revenue, they'll always search for a way to conduct the tournament. But things are not in their favour right now. If the pandemic conditions improved because of the self-quarantine throughout the world, then maybe we'll have IPL on May 1. Anything before that is not possible IMO.

There is no sign of coronavirus conditions getting better world wide and hence i have no clue when they will be planning to conduct this tournament.
This is what Ganguly has told the media a few days back
“I can’t say anything at the moment. We are at the same place where we were on the day we postponed. Nothing has changed in the last 10 days. So, I don’t have an answer to it. Status quo remains,”
Activity: 2366
Merit: 866
March 26, 2020, 04:36:18 AM
i am in favor of if BCCI cancels the tournament this year as this risk is not worth it IMO.

legendary
March 24, 2020, 05:23:10 PM
First of all there are 8 teams and they play each other twice, home and away format.
Yeah you have me here. That's why I doubted about my number LOL

I posted this info in T-20 thread before last week and we discussed this in details (kinda) . BCCI and Stakeholders did some brainstorming on it and it seems Last window is around 1st may, if delayed then they might want to cancel the tournament due to their busy schedule.
I missed it.

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
March 24, 2020, 05:12:54 PM
There is no way to run any sports events in May, Corona impact not reducing at all, so no one going to take risk until it will calm down fully. If situation was not that bad, PM did not announced full lockdown for 3 weeks and we dont know it will go beyond that or not.

This plan came out last week and situation changed completely with in a week. so yeah you might be spot on.
I am not holding my breathe on IPL anyway. i am in favor of if BCCI cancels the tournament this year as this risk is not worth it IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
March 24, 2020, 05:04:35 PM
BCCI boards searching now window for IPL, may be mini IPL in September. No way it will run before that. In India even here is full lockdown for next 3 weeks, and most probably it will extend after that.
I read some news and this really is not looking good but what is this mini IPL? Instead of 6 teams and 3 matches each are they going to reduce the number or what? I hope my numbers are correct by the way.

I posted this info in T-20 thread before last week and we discussed this in details (kinda) . BCCI and Stakeholders did some brainstorming on it and it seems Last window is around 1st may, if delayed then they might want to cancel the tournament due to their busy schedule.

There is no way to run any sports events in May, Corona impact not reducing at all, so no one going to take risk until it will calm down fully. If situation was not that bad, PM did not announced full lockdown for 3 weeks and we dont know it will go beyond that or not.
legendary
March 24, 2020, 04:58:32 PM
BCCI boards searching now window for IPL, may be mini IPL in September. No way it will run before that. In India even here is full lockdown for next 3 weeks, and most probably it will extend after that.
I read some news and this really is not looking good but what is this mini IPL? Instead of 6 teams and 3 matches each are they going to reduce the number or what? I hope my numbers are correct by the way.

BCCI presents IPL franchises with eight Six different schedules for IPL 2020

Small updates on schedule presented by BCCI if everything calms down, TDLR for Prominent schedule

-If IPL starts at 16 April - Total 46 days and 60 matches tournament - 14 matches per team - 17 afternoon fixtures
-If IPL starts at 20 April - Total 42 days and 44 matches tournament - 10 matches per team
-If IPL starts at 1st May - Total 31 days and 32 matches tournament - 7 matches per team - 6 afternoon fixtures

* Only 5-6 dedicated venue depending on clearance.
* 1st May seems last window.
legendary
March 24, 2020, 04:57:33 PM

First of all there are 8 teams and they play each other twice, home and away format. Now most probably it will be in format where matches will be reduces to 1 against each team. Main problem in September, all International players will be busy in duty of their national team, so BCCI board searching option where mostly players will be available. May be 15-20 days IPL instead of 50 days.
legendary
March 24, 2020, 04:52:36 PM
legendary
March 24, 2020, 04:44:32 PM
We can forget IPL this year, looking way too tough now. Might be good idea to lock the thread for time being.
I will look/wait for the official statement from India cricket board before locking this thread. May this will be the best instead of speculating. However I also feel that after 21 days lockdown if things started to recover then the entire nation will focus on rebuilding the damage that has been done and expecting IPL or any big sports may be a luxury considering the time?

“I can’t say anything at the moment. We are at the same place where we were on the day we postponed. Nothing has changed in the last 10 days. So, I don’t have an answer to it. Status quo remains,”
https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/ipl-2020-bcci-president-sourav-ganguly-provides-update-on-tournament-s-future/story-2Bc0nNFSFXuonVWXvViyFI.html

This is from Ganguly which means he has not made any final decision yet.

legendary
March 24, 2020, 04:08:15 PM
We can forget IPL this year, looking way too tough now. Might be good idea to lock the thread for time being.
I will look/wait for the official statement from India cricket board before locking this thread. May this will be the best instead of speculating. However I also feel that after 21 days lockdown if things started to recover then the entire nation will focus on rebuilding the damage that has been done and expecting IPL or any big sports may be a luxury considering the time?

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/ipl-2020-bcci-president-sourav-ganguly-provides-update-on-tournament-s-future/story-2Bc0nNFSFXuonVWXvViyFI.html

This is from Ganguly which means he has not made any final decision yet.
legendary
March 24, 2020, 04:03:59 PM

I was about to create the pool in superbru but I see they have not yet added the event and I am sure they are not going to add it very soon from now too.

Any new update from IPL governing body?

Replied in T-20 thread about Official statement.

^^ I didn't heard any official statement so far but as of now India is in complete lockdown for 21 days so no one thinking about sport or cricket anymore. 99% chances are "No IPL" this year.
legendary
March 24, 2020, 03:11:07 PM
I was about to create the pool in superbru but I see they have not yet added the event and I am sure they are not going to add it very soon from now too.

Any new update from IPL governing body?
legendary
March 13, 2020, 03:06:11 AM
Yeah, As of now Corona is not big issue in India except Delhi-NCR, no panic in public though. Rest of India seems pretty safe n sound so it shouldn't be a big problem anyway.  
India's climate condition can also be a reason why it is not much worse as we have seen on other countries because research says the virus can't withstand high temperatures.But I thought the matches will be cancelled but it feels great to know that we can watch them online and also gambling industry of crypto will be alive in the corona season as well.

May be or may be authorities taking necessary precautions but numbers are going up, slowly but going up.. last i read there were around 70+ cases. At start majority of cases were Italians tourist (16).

Update on IPL, i posted in T-20 thread. Sport ministry basically said that if games are held in empty stadium then they don't have any problems. Gov already told that major gathering is not safe at any cost.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54014199

@Royse777 Duly Noted.....

Edit

New updates on IPL, please follow this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54020324
legendary
March 12, 2020, 11:09:24 PM
Guys two weeks to go (more or less), I will finalise the entry fee before the next Wednesday and will make the official pool topic. Get ready with your funds if you are in with us.

BTC is deeping, it will be easier even if the entry fee is 0.005 BTC :-D

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
March 12, 2020, 03:54:46 PM
Yeah, As of now Corona is not big issue in India except Delhi-NCR, no panic in public though. Rest of India seems pretty safe n sound so it shouldn't be a big problem anyway. 
India's climate condition can also be a reason why it is not much worse as we have seen on other countries because research says the virus can't withstand high temperatures.But I thought the matches will be cancelled but it feels great to know that we can watch them online and also gambling industry of crypto will be alive in the corona season as well.
legendary
March 08, 2020, 11:32:03 PM
~snip~
There is no points of playing any sports without sports enthusiast who go to stadium, playing in empty stadium won't make any sense. Don't think even BCCI will think to run IPL in empty stadium, like last time when Govt. told them they can't provide security so they move to South Africa.

Most probably Corona Virus impact will be very low beause of beginning of summer and schedule of IPL will go according to announcement.

Empty stadium is precaution, its not favorable to fans but seems legit step in such times.

Pages:
Jump to: