Pages:
Author

Topic: IRS claims it has LOST two years' worth of emails from former official Lerner - page 5. (Read 22699 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
That's their way of letting us know no one can do anything about it sadly.
We'll see where this heads if, as pollsters say, the Republicans take the Senate next month.  As for what anyone can do about it, it's very simple.

Do something to help them take the Senate.
This.

The reason no one is doing anything serious about this is because the executive branch is run by obama and the senate is controlled by reid. He is essentially able to stop any bills that obama does not like and is able to ram through any nomination that Obama appoints.
Yes.

The people do have the power to put a stop to this nonsense in the next 30 days.
I think it will only slow down the nonsense as Obama will still be president and the legislature can only do so much when the president is not in agreement with them. Also it is unlikely that the GOP will be able to gain a supermajority in the senate nor a large enough majority to override a veto.

I think it is important to win the senate in order to prevent presidential nominees from being rammed through the confirmation process, however I think this will make few other changes
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
We'll see where this heads if, as pollsters say, the Republicans take the Senate next month.  As for what anyone can do about it, it's very simple.

This.

The reason no one is doing anything serious about this is because the executive branch is run by obama and the senate is controlled by reid. He is essentially able to stop any bills that obama does not like and is able to ram through any nomination that Obama appoints.
Yes.

The people do have the power to put a stop to this nonsense in the next 30 days.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10

This.

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
Lois Lerner tries busting into neighbor's home to evade questions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u88vMSbX_xA#t=85
HAAHAHHAHHAA
legendary

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Producer of anti-Obamacare movie ‘Sick and Sicker’ hit with IRS audit

The producer of a new movie that criticizes Obamacare has reportedly become the latest prominent conservative slapped with an IRS audit.

Logan Clements, producer of “Sick and Sicker: ObamaCare Canadian Style,” announced via press release Tuesday that he is being audited for the first time ever.

The news comes one month after the conservative Breitbart News announced that it, too, was being audited and that the action was probably politically motivated.

Mr. Clements‘ movie makes the case that Obamacare will eventually lead to socialized medicine like Canada.

In the video, he says the IRS is demanding a “ridiculously long list” of documents, including “a detailed description of all transactions related to all prior year returns and supporting documentation.”

“It sounds like a fishing expedition by the IRS to tie me up for a very long time in retaliation for making a movie against Obamacare,” Mr. Clements says. “Perhaps they were hoping that voters wouldn’t see my movie before the election by keeping me tied up in a battle with the IRS. Well, in fact, their action is going to have the complete opposite effect.”

The conservative vowed to fight back by releasing “Sick and Sicker” immediately to entire states online using a “statewide open screening license,” in order to get the message out before Nov. 4.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/7/producer-of-anti-obamacare-movie-hit-irs-audit/

---------------------------------------------------------
The dog that ate those hard drives by mistake is responsible for triggering that random IRS audit.

Activity: 308
If somebody produces those emails he's a hero.  However within the year he will commit the usual government related "suicide".
Whistle-blowers are generally protected under federal law. Therefore it would be illegal for anyone to retaliate against them for producing evidence against the IRS. Also once the evidence is released the "damage" would have been done to the Obama administration and testimony would generally not be necessary, so faking his suicide would do little for president Obama

We could also say something like "The IRS does not GENERALLY lose emails and have important computers crash" but drawing a conclusion from that would be ridiculous, since the case involves purposeful breaking of the rules and the law.

Once a country's federal level Justic Dept.  is corrupted all bets are off.
The alleged crime involves the current administration, and the DOJ is headed by a member of the administration, therefore it would never be unbiased. The only appropriate response in this kind of situation would be to appoint a special prosecutor or a special investigator to pursue potential charges.
legendary
If somebody produces those emails he's a hero.  However within the year he will commit the usual government related "suicide".
Whistle-blowers are generally protected under federal law. Therefore it would be illegal for anyone to retaliate against them for producing evidence against the IRS. Also once the evidence is released the "damage" would have been done to the Obama administration and testimony would generally not be necessary, so faking his suicide would do little for president Obama

We could also say something like "The IRS does not GENERALLY lose emails and have important computers crash" but drawing a conclusion from that would be ridiculous, since the case involves purposeful breaking of the rules and the law.

Once a country's federal level Justic Dept.  is corrupted all bets are off.
Activity: 420
legendary
Or some others will.
Activity: 336
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Koskinen: ‘Hard Drive Crashes Continue As We Speak’

Internal Revenue Service (IRS) commissioner John Koskinen testified Wednesday that the IRS did not save any of the information on Lois Lerner’s destroyed Blackberry and that there is no outside system to store agency emails.

“Hard drive crashes continue as we speak,” Koskinen admitted at a House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee hearing when asked if any computers had recently crashed under his watch.

Koskinen admitted that destroying records would be an act “not consistent with the law,” but maintained that there’s no evidence that the IRS intentionally destroyed records.

“Ms. Lerner’s Blackberry was replaced in February 2012 as part of an ongoing Blackberry update….it was disposed of under standard procedures at that time,” Koskinen said.

Koskinen claimed that information from Lerner’s Blackberry could not be transferred to her new model because “Our Blackberries only display email that is displayed by our employees’ Microsoft Outlook emails, which is maintained on IRS servers.”

Koskinen also said that there’s no outside system to save IRS employees’ emails.

“There is no system outside the IRS, government or otherwise, that the IRS uses to back up or store emails,” Koskinen said.

Koskinen didn’t mention that the IRS terminated its years-long contract with its email archiving company Sonasoft shortly after Lerner’s computer crashed.

“It is not clear that there are backup tapes that have any information on them,” Koskinen said. “I never said they disappeared, I said they were recycled.”

But the IRS could have easily saved all records, information, and history on Lois Lerner’s Blackberry, according to a Blackberry user guide.

“If you have installed the BlackBerry® Desktop Software on your computer, you can back up and restore most of your BlackBerry smartphone data, including messages, organizer data, fonts, saved searches, and browser bookmarks using the BlackBerry Desktop Software. For more information, see the Help in the BlackBerry Desktop Software,” according to Blackberry.

“If your email account uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, you might be able to restore synchronized organizer data to your smartphone over the wireless network. To restore synchronized organizer data over the wireless network, you must have an activation password. For more information, contact your administrator,” the Blackberry manual continues.

Koskinen said that if the agency destroyed records then “that was an act not consistent with the law” but said, “There’s no evidence that there were records destroyed.”

Koskinen also admitted that IRS employees routinely use personal email accounts to conduct agency business but maintained that “they do it inadvertently.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/17/koskinen-hard-drive-crashes-continue-as-we-speak/

I'm an IT professional, you would be surprised how many people just keep a .pst on their local hard drive with all their emails on it which eventually dies even though they are trained to put them on the network share.
I had a service company that maintained the backup tape drives for a government installation for about ten years.  They could produce anything they wanted, no ifs ands or buts.

It would be interesting to see who's been hired and who's been fired in that chain of command of people overseeing the backups, since this nonsense started.
I would not at all be surprised if we were to see people/companies let go right around when Lenner's computer "crashed" and as a result the backups are "not available". The Obama administration has stonewalled this investigation and has publicly came very close to breaking the law.
Yeah.  Also consider that a fair majority of people, maybe 3/4, are not so rigidly and dogmatically political that they would always support the D or R.  If something was wrong in their office, they'd do what was right.

But I know where those IRS emails are.  They are in the same box with Obama's birth certificate and college records.

Smiley
My point was that when people and companies were fired when her computer crashed then it would be easier to set it up such that their replacements would overlook needing to find the backups of her computer files. The people being let go would not know that they were fired merely to cause chaos to avoid recovering the data. This would only take a very small number of people (probably only one or two) to execute
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
I'm an IT professional, you would be surprised how many people just keep a .pst on their local hard drive with all their emails on it which eventually dies even though they are trained to put them on the network share.
I had a service company that maintained the backup tape drives for a government installation for about ten years.  They could produce anything they wanted, no ifs ands or buts.

It would be interesting to see who's been hired and who's been fired in that chain of command of people overseeing the backups, since this nonsense started.
I would not at all be surprised if we were to see people/companies let go right around when Lenner's computer "crashed" and as a result the backups are "not available". The Obama administration has stonewalled this investigation and has publicly came very close to breaking the law.
Yeah.  Also consider that a fair majority of people, maybe 3/4, are not so rigidly and dogmatically political that they would always support the D or R.  If something was wrong in their office, they'd do what was right.

But I know where those IRS emails are.  They are in the same box with Obama's birth certificate and college records.

Smiley

In that case only one dude can help us get those emails then.... Cool

legendary

Smiley
I had a service company that maintained the backup tape drives for a government installation for about ten years.  They could produce anything they wanted, no ifs ands or buts.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMkUz192B_A

A senior communications aide to Attorney General Eric Holder seemingly called House oversight committee chairman Darrell Issa’s staff by accident and asked for their help spinning new revelations about the IRS scandal, Issa said in a September 8 letter to Holder.

The aide, Brian Fallon, is a former senior aide to Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and a well-known personality on Capitol Hill. The letter describes Fallon as “audibly shaken” when he realizes his request to leak documents to help get ahead of news stories about them was mistakenly made to the very office he was seeking to undermine. Issa believes the call was intended to be made to Democratic Rep. Elijah Cumming’s staff, the ranking member on the oversight panel, the letter said.

According to the letter, Fallon – who is not named in the letter but confirmed he made the call – asked if the aides could release the IRS scandal documents to “selected reporters” to give Fallon an “opportunity to comment publicly on it.”

Fallon explained to Issa aides that the Justice Department’s Office of Legislative Affairs had not permitted him to release the documents to the public and he wanted to get ahead of the story “before the Majority” – meaning Issa – could share it, according to the letter.

Issa aides – who had placed the call on speakerphone – were “caught off guard by the unusual nature of the call and the odd request” and asked Fallon to “e-mail the material for evaluation.”
“At this point,” Fallon “abruptly placed the call on hold for approximately three minutes.” When Fallon returned to the call, “he was audibly shaken. He immediately stated that there was a ‘change in plans’ and that there would be no effort” by DOJ to release the material early.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/09/09/Letter-Holder-Aide-Accidentally-Calls-Issa-For-Help-Spinning-IRS-Scandal

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

IRS Told Treasury & White House About Missing Emails Before Telling Congress

In a new development, we’ve learned it was IRS Commission John Koskinen’s own chief legal advisor at the IRS, Catherine Duval, who informed someone at the Treasury Department, who told someone at the White House that emails were missing, while Congress, which subpoenaed the documents, was left in the dark.

Duval disclosed that she was the source when she gave closed-door testimony to the House Oversight Committee before Congress’ summer break. The emails in question are from IRS manager Lois Lerner who’s implicated in the agency’s improper targeting of conservative groups.

Duval acknowledged she told Treasury’s senior counsel there were “issues” finding emails.

“We are friends, we talk,” Duval testified. “I believe we talked about it in mid to late April.”

Congress wasn’t told until June.

Republican Darrell Issa heads the Oversight Committee. He says the IRS was focused on political damage control.

“This is very troubling because this organization’s supposed to be apolitical,” Issa told us. “They’re supposed to in fact inform us all at the same time.”

We asked Representative Issa, “The IRS telling the Treasury Department which told the White House well before Congress, tells you what?”

“It tells us they’re still playing deny, delay and cover up,” said Issa.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/missing-emails-irs-not-telling-congress-6282.shtml#.VBCqFPldV8F

legendary
I had a service company that maintained the backup tape drives for a government installation for about ten years.  They could produce anything they wanted, no ifs ands or buts.

So far none. If one is fired then the other domino knows it will fall and will have nothing to lose. They are ALL-IN in this.

I tend to keep my mouth quiet if he does something I don't like.  I would hate to be targeted by the entire IRS, could you imagine?  It would take nothing for them to ensure your being broke the rest of life and hounded with audits, tax issues etc.

That is why books and movies about people who dare to do the right thing while facing assured doom are made. That is why their names never die, generations after generations. We would all keep our mouth shut when faced with a bully like lerner and her team... While hoping for someone else to do the right thing for all of us.

We are like sheep.

I am Spartacus.
Pages:
Jump to: