Pages:
Author

Topic: IRS claims it has LOST two years' worth of emails from former official Lerner - page 7. (Read 22699 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
LOL We have them!  Get them?  Nah. 
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Judicial Watch Says DOJ Attorney Told Them Lerner Emails Do Exist…

A Justice Department official admitted that former IRS official Lois Lerner’s apparently missing emails actually exist on a backup server, but the government doesn’t plan to retrieve them.

“A Department of Justice attorney told a Judicial Watch attorney on Friday that it turns out the federal government backs up all computer records in case something terrible happens in Washington and there’s a catastrophe, so the government can continue operating,” Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton told Fox News’ Shannon Bream.

“But it would be too hard to go get lois lerner’s emails from that backup system,” Fitton continued, paraphrasing the DOJ official.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
When are Republicans going to start playing hardball? Go after them and nail them to the wall or move on. But all this " outrage" is a huge waste of our time. How about a lot more arresting, and a little less screaming about your "outrage". Get on with this already.
I think the reason the GOP is not going harder on the administration about this is because there is no guarantee that there is incriminating evidence that laws were broken. If they push too hard on this and are not able to find evidence then it will make them look like they are going on a which hunt.

I would also not be entirely surprised if a lot (if not all) of the instructions to do illegal activity were given verbally either in person or via telephone so it would be possible that there is no record of Obama giving the orders to target conservative groups.

The main problem is the Democrats are stonewalling and the Republicans in Congress have even lower approval than the President.  That and the fact that most media outlets are just not going to be a part of hurting this administration and you've got a very frustrating situation.
Activity: 336
Better explanation under oath .... "Well I'm not a tech savvy person so I don't understand the mumbo jumbo but the service techs said it was scratched and unrecoverable, you should ask them.  Oh his name,  I do not recall."
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
When are Republicans going to start playing hardball? Go after them and nail them to the wall or move on. But all this " outrage" is a huge waste of our time. How about a lot more arresting, and a little less screaming about your "outrage". Get on with this already.
I think the reason the GOP is not going harder on the administration about this is because there is no guarantee that there is incriminating evidence that laws were broken. If they push too hard on this and are not able to find evidence then it will make them look like they are going on a which hunt.

I would also not be entirely surprised if a lot (if not all) of the instructions to do illegal activity were given verbally either in person or via telephone so it would be possible that there is no record of Obama giving the orders to target conservative groups.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Judge orders IRS to come up with better explanation of missing Lerner e-mails

Insufficient IRS explanations cause Judge to order sworn answers from IRS about Lois Lerner’s hard drive and emails.

[...]
Judge Sullivan, in his earlier ruling, appointed Magistrate Judge John M. Facciola to manage and assist in discussions between Judicial Watch and the IRS about how to obtain any missing records from other sources. Magistrate Facciola is an expert in e-discovery, and authorized Judicial Watch to submit a request for limited discovery into the missing IRS records after September 10.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/08/judge-launches-special-inquiry-into-missing-irs-emails/

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/JW-v-IRS-1.13.cv_.01559.pdf

[...]
“ORDERED.” “Must.” “Speak under oath.” These are not really requests, and the time frame isn’t an expression of curiosity, either. Giving the IRS a single week to meet these demands after months of wrangling over Judicial Watch’s challenge implies that (a) Sullivan’s pretty convinced the IRS has these answers, which then suggests that  (b) Sullivan’s getting angry over the IRS’ intransigence and opacity in dealing with the court. Either Judge Sullivan has run out of patience, or he wants the IRS to think he has.
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/08/15/judge-orders-irs-to-come-up-with-better-explanation-of-missing-lerner-e-mails/

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Look how long it took Deep Throat to get revealed for the Nixon scandal.  The truth won't come out for decades, if ever.  The man at the top of "Justice" can order everybody below to just shut it down.
It did not take that long for the Nixon scandal to come about. It was just the same scandal that was not uncovered for several administrations. I would highly doubt that another administration would try to hide this type of scandal as they have nothing to do with it and did not and would not benefit from keeping it a secret.
Activity: 462

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
Look how long it took Deep Throat to get revealed for the Nixon scandal.  The truth won't come out for decades, if ever.  The man at the top of "Justice" can order everybody below to just shut it down.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
I think they have found some of the "lost" so this may not be necessary. The case in question is not the one dealing with conservative groups, but rather with a group that supported Israel. IIRC there is a lot more evidence against the IRS in this case, and the case is not against one specific person.

So not "case closed" yet I hope...

Activity: 476
I think they have found some of the "lost" so this may not be necessary. The case in question is not the one dealing with conservative groups, but rather with a group that supported Israel. IIRC there is a lot more evidence against the IRS in this case, and the case is not against one specific person.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

New Emails Show Lois Lerner Called Some Conservatives ‘A**holes’

New emails uncovered by the House Ways and Means Committee indicate that former IRS employee Lois Lerner has a strong dislike of some conservatives, and at one point called them “assholes” in an email exchange.

The committee released an email Lerner received in November 2012 complaining about the “whacko wing of the GOP.” The person mocked conservatives for believing there are “too many foreigners sucking the teat” and that it is “time to hunker down, buy ammo and food, and prepare for the end.” The person added that the “right wing radio shows are scary to listen to.”

Lerner replied, “Great. Maybe we are through if there are that many assholes.”

The other person then wrote, “And I’m talking about the hosts of the shows. The callers are rabid.”

Lerner replied, “So we don’t need to worry about alien terrorists. It’s our own crazies that will take us down.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/30/new-emails-show-lois-lerner-called-conservatives-aholes/

Haha, good thing she's watching out for us Americans.  I remember when she ran for office and I voted for her....oh wait.  Roll Eyes

She is the face of cancer. No other could have played her any better.

Today I retrieved email from a server after a email system on the laptop got messed up.

Not possible. Your back up tapes only last 6 months...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Actually I was only interested in the last couple days of emails.  But the email backups on the server went back to when I started that account ten years ago.  They are all there.  Including even every spam received.

The IRS has a budget of multiples of billions. Yet their backup is only good for 6 months. Your email backup, on the other hand, goes back 10 years. The only logical conclusion is: your email backup budget is a multiple of a multiple of billions compared to the IRS...  Wink Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

New emails uncovered by the House Ways and Means Committee indicate that former IRS employee Lois Lerner has a strong dislike of some conservatives, and at one point called them “assholes” in an email exchange.

The committee released an email Lerner received in November 2012 complaining about the “whacko wing of the GOP.” The person mocked conservatives for believing there are “too many foreigners sucking the teat” and that it is “time to hunker down, buy ammo and food, and prepare for the end.” The person added that the “right wing radio shows are scary to listen to.”

The other person then wrote, “And I’m talking about the hosts of the shows. The callers are rabid.”

Lerner replied, “So we don’t need to worry about alien terrorists. It’s our own crazies that will take us down.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/30/new-emails-show-lois-lerner-called-conservatives-aholes/

Haha, good thing she's watching out for us Americans.  I remember when she ran for office and I voted for her....oh wait.  Roll Eyes

Today I retrieved email from a server after a email system on the laptop got messed up.

Not possible. Your back up tapes only last 6 months...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Actually I was only interested in the last couple days of emails.  But the email backups on the server went back to when I started that account ten years ago.  They are all there.  Including even every spam received.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there (VIDEO)

MSNBC's Morning Joe reacts to Lois Lerner emails
http://youtu.be/vWAgIZR1XZM

CNN politics panel reacts to Lois Lerner's emails
http://youtu.be/MrMw4uNgujw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...Not even a smidgen bla.. bla.. bla.. blaaaaaahh...BLAH!   Angry"

Grin Cheesy Grin

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Top Tea Party Lawyer: The More We Learn the More We Know Dems & IRS Colluded to Silence Conservatives (Video)

“IRS employees have given to 11 of the 18 Democrats on the House Oversight Committee. And, every time there is a hearing on any aspect of this investigation about the IRS targeting, the Democrats come in one by one and say the same thing over and over again. “Let’s shut this down. Let’s shut this down.” And I think we need to hold the Democrats accountable. They were involved in starting this and now they are trying to stop the investigation. And, the more we learn the more we realize how intertwined Lois Lerner was with the Democrats in trying to go after and silence these groups.

http://youtu.be/qj984urSHMI

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Haha, good thing she's watching out for us Americans.  I remember when she ran for office and I voted for her....oh wait.  Roll Eyes

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

Haha, good thing she's watching out for us Americans.  I remember when she ran for office and I voted for her....oh wait.  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: